|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Papa cleared out all the brush and trees from around the cabin?
(a) He cleared the brush to get a clear shot at Comanches and Apaches.
(b) He cleared the brush so Mama could plant roses.
(c) He cleared the brush in case of a fire.
(d) He cleared the brush to cut down on the bugs.
2. What does Papa compare training the mind to handle fear with?
(a) Training an arm to throw a rock.
(b) Training the eye to wink.
(c) Training the mouth to whistle.
(d) Training a foot to kick a stone.
3. How does Travis feel about marking the hogs?
(a) He is afraid but knows he has to do it.
(b) He is looking forward to it.
(c) He thinks it's a tedious job.
(d) He is terrified and tries to find a way out of it.
4. What is the color of the two bulls?
(a) One of the bulls is a red roan and the other is black.
(b) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is black.
(c) One of the bulls is a mustard color and the other is a red roan.
(d) One of the bulls is black and the other is gray with spots.
5. What does Little Arliss do to Sanderson?
(a) He kicks the man in the shin.
(b) He begs the man to leave Old Yeller.
(c) He punches the man in the stomach.
(d) He throws rocks at the man and hits his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bud Searcy left behind when all the men drive the cattle to Abilene?
2. Why does Little Arliss want to keep Old Yeller?
3. What advice does Sanderson give to Travis about when to shoot an animal with hydrophobia?
4. How does the first bull become wounded in the fight?
5. What news does Lisbeth tell Travis about her dog, Miss Prissy?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)