1. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) The dog wanders to their cabin.
(b) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(c) They win the dog at the country fair.
(d) They buy him from a neighbor.
2. What are all Texans short of now that the Civil War is over?
(c) Ranch hands.
3. Why is Travis' father leaving the family for months?
(a) He is working as a field hand in Abilene.
(b) He is going East to care for his dying mother.
(c) He is going East to school.
(d) He is driving cattle to Abilene.
4. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
(a) He will miss his father.
(b) He just got stung by a bee.
(c) He doesn't want to stay with his mother.
(d) He wants to go too.
5. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
(a) He asks Travis to keep up with his school work.
(b) He asks Travis to go to neighbors and work for food.
(c) He asks Travis to take care of the family and act like a man.
(d) He asks Travis to fetch a neighbor to help the family.
This section contains 6,918 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)