1. How does Travis' family come to get Old Yeller?
(a) They win the dog at the country fair.
(b) They buy him from a neighbor.
(c) A friend gives the dog as a gift.
(d) The dog wanders to their cabin.
2. What are all Texans short of now that the Civil War is over?
(a) Ranch hands.
3. Why is Travis' father leaving the family for months?
(a) He is driving cattle to Abilene.
(b) He is going East to care for his dying mother.
(c) He is working as a field hand in Abilene.
(d) He is going East to school.
4. Why does Little Arliss cry when his father goes away?
(a) He just got stung by a bee.
(b) He wants to go too.
(c) He will miss his father.
(d) He doesn't want to stay with his mother.
5. What does Travis' father ask him to do while he is away?
(a) He asks Travis to take care of the family and act like a man.
(b) He asks Travis to fetch a neighbor to help the family.
(c) He asks Travis to go to neighbors and work for food.
(d) He asks Travis to keep up with his school work.
This section contains 6,918 words
(approx. 24 pages at 300 words per page)