|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lennie apologizes to the first image, what does he say he tried to do?
2. What does Lennie first imagine he sees in Chapter 6?
3. What does George say in his lie?
4. As two individuals watch George being led away at the end of the book, what are they wondering?
5. Who takes George away at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
George tells Lennie where to hide in the brush if they should get into trouble, but he tells him this before they go to the new ranch. What does his mean in terms of Lennie's past? Why does George plan for their escape ahead of time? How many other times do you think Lennie has been in trouble before? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
George speaks for Lennie when the boss first meets them. Why do you think George does this? What do you think the boss thinks about George speaking for Lennie all the time? Is there another way that George might be able to handle Lennie in these situations?
Essay Topic 3
George warns Lennie about the puppies several times in the story - they're too young, they need to be with their mother, etc. Do you think that George was worried Lennie might hurt the puppies? Why or why not? Are there any signs that Lennie is going to hurt the puppies before he actually does?
This section contains 1,413 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)