|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How, according to Curley's wife, did a specific individual sabotage her success at her desired profession?
2. What does Lennie first imagine he sees in Chapter 6?
3. What does the second image tell Lennie he is?
4. To whom did George forbid Lennie to talk to?
5. What does Lennie interrupt Curley's wife in Chapter 5 to talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lennie comes to visit Crooks in Chapter 4?
2. What does Lennie do after he comes out of the brush from hiding, after his confrontation with Curley's Wife?
3. What does George pull out of his pocket in Chapter 6, while sitting with Lennie?
4. Who is the first image that appears to Lennie as he is sitting in the brush in Chapter 6?
5. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
6. Lennie cries out George's name while hiding in the brush in Chapter 6. What is George's response?
7. What does George say when Lennie asks if he will leave him in Chapter 6?
8. At the end of the book, what does George say happened to Lennie?
9. Why did Curley's wife even marry Curley in the first place?
10. What happens when Lennie realizes that George will figure it out that Lennie has killed the puppy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The incident in Weed resulted in Lennie and George having to leave, but why didn't they fight back and tell the truth about what happened? Why didn't they let the others know that Lennie didn't try to rape her? Why did they simply choose to run away? Was this the best choice for them?
Essay Topic 2
Again and again, Lennie and George are asked why they are so close, and George always gets defensive about their relationship. Why do you think George sticks up for Lennie again and again? Why does George continue to travel with Lennie, even with all of the trouble that has happened along the way?
Essay Topic 3
George and Lennie have been talking about their dream for a while when George finally realizes that it could actually come true. But in the end, it doesn't. Do you think that their dream was ever going to come true? Do you think that George ever really believed it would come true? Why or why not?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)