Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How, according to Curley's wife, did a specific individual sabotage her success at her desired profession?
2. Who yells at Curley for talking about George and Lennie's plan?
3. What does Crooks say about migrant workers who want to own a ranch?
4. What does Lennie interrupt Curley's wife in Chapter 5 to talk about?
5. Why are Lennie and George different than other guys, according to George?
Essay Topic 1
Again and again, Lennie and George are asked why they are so close, and George always gets defensive about their relationship. Why do you think George sticks up for Lennie again and again? Why does George continue to travel with Lennie, even with all of the trouble that has happened along the way?
Essay Topic 2
Once Lennie and George share their dream with the others, other men on the farm ask if they can come along and work for them. In a sense, these men will never be "free" in that situation, so how does living with Lennie and George become a better plan for them? How will these men benefit from the arrangement? How would Lennie and George benefit?
Essay Topic 3
Lennie is a man who appears to be very strong but also mentally disabled. This affliction affects his ability to make decisions and to understand when he is causing someone pain. At the same time, he is also able to remember the story of the plans George and he have for a ranch of their own. Does this ability to recall these kinds of details show that Lennie may not be as mentally challenged as one might think? Why or why not? What other proof is there that Lennie is smarter than he lets on?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)