|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lennie pick up before he runs away from the barn in Chapter 5?
2. When Lennie apologizes to the first image, what does he say he tried to do?
3. What does Lennie tell Crooks in Chapter 4?
4. What does Lennie do at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. What does Lennie do as George talks to him near the river in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Curley's wife share with Lennie in the barn?
2. What happens when Lennie realizes that George will figure it out that Lennie has killed the puppy?
3. Who is the first image that appears to Lennie as he is sitting in the brush in Chapter 6?
4. What does the rabbit image say to Lennie in Chapter 6?
5. What happens when Lennie comes to visit Crooks in Chapter 4?
6. What does George do with the gun in Chapter 6?
7. Who does Curley's wife insult when she walks into Crooks' room?
8. What does Crooks say to Lennie in Chapter 4 to upset him?
9. What does George pull out of his pocket in Chapter 6, while sitting with Lennie?
10. What does Crooks talk about when Lennie continues to bring up the rabbits in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
George speaks for Lennie when the boss first meets them. Why do you think George does this? What do you think the boss thinks about George speaking for Lennie all the time? Is there another way that George might be able to handle Lennie in these situations?
Essay Topic 2
George and Lennie have been talking about their dream for a while when George finally realizes that it could actually come true. But in the end, it doesn't. Do you think that their dream was ever going to come true? Do you think that George ever really believed it would come true? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Again and again, Lennie and George are asked why they are so close, and George always gets defensive about their relationship. Why do you think George sticks up for Lennie again and again? Why does George continue to travel with Lennie, even with all of the trouble that has happened along the way?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)