|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How, according to Curley's wife, did a specific individual sabotage her success at her desired profession?
2. Who yells at Curley for talking about George and Lennie's plan?
3. What does Crooks say about migrant workers who want to own a ranch?
4. What does Lennie interrupt Curley's wife in Chapter 5 to talk about?
5. Why are Lennie and George different than other guys, according to George?
Essay Topic 1
George seems to be a very careful person, someone who is concerned about cleanliness and appearances. Why do you think George is this way? What purpose does this cleanliness serve to George and to Lennie? Is there an ulterior motive for George or is it something that might be a mental defect for him as well? Explain each of your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Once Lennie and George share their dream with the others, other men on the farm ask if they can come along and work for them. In a sense, these men will never be "free" in that situation, so how does living with Lennie and George become a better plan for them? How will these men benefit from the arrangement? How would Lennie and George benefit?
Essay Topic 3
George doesn't want Curley to shoot Lennie, even though he's done a horrific thing. Why do you think George wants to keep Lennie alive? Does it seem that George blames Lennie for what he has done or do you think he believes it's Curley's wife's fault? Why or why not? This act of stopping Lennie from being killed seems merciful, but is it? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,400 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)