|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lennie ask George in Chapter 6?
2. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
3. What did Crooks' father once own?
4. Who is the first to see what has happened, regarding the shooting at the end of the book?
5. Who watches George and the individual leading him away at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 1
Once Lennie and George share their dream with the others, other men on the farm ask if they can come along and work for them. In a sense, these men will never be "free" in that situation, so how does living with Lennie and George become a better plan for them? How will these men benefit from the arrangement? How would Lennie and George benefit?
Essay Topic 2
When George kills Lennie, it's a shock to some readers. After all of George's devotion and loyalty, this seems like a final act of betrayal. Why do you think George killed Lennie? Do you think this killing was the right thing to do? Why did George lie about what happened with Lennie? What do you think happens to George after the book ends?
Essay Topic 3
George seems to be a very careful person, someone who is concerned about cleanliness and appearances. Why do you think George is this way? What purpose does this cleanliness serve to George and to Lennie? Is there an ulterior motive for George or is it something that might be a mental defect for him as well? Explain each of your answers.
This section contains 1,385 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)