Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How, according to Curley's wife, did a specific individual sabotage her success at her desired profession?
2. Who yells at Curley for talking about George and Lennie's plan?
3. What does Crooks say about migrant workers who want to own a ranch?
4. What does Lennie interrupt Curley's wife in Chapter 5 to talk about?
5. Why are Lennie and George different than other guys, according to George?
Soledad, California is the setting of this story, and the background seems to be as much a character as the humans who take part in the action. Why do you think that Steinbeck chose this setting for the story? How does the story help or hurt the characters?
George doesn't want Curley to shoot Lennie, even though he's done a horrific thing. Why do you think George wants to keep Lennie alive? Does it seem that George blames Lennie for what he has done or do you think he believes it's Curley's wife's fault? Why or why not? This act of stopping Lennie from being killed seems merciful, but is it? Why or why not?
When George kills Lennie, it's a shock to some readers. After all of George's devotion and loyalty, this seems like a final act of betrayal. Why do you think George killed Lennie? Do you think this killing was the right thing to do? Why did George lie about what happened with Lennie? What do you think happens to George after the book ends?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)