|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
2. What does Lennie pick up before he runs away from the barn in Chapter 5?
3. What did Crooks' father once own?
4. What does the first image Lennie saw in Chapter 6 think will happen if Lennie gets rabbits?
5. Why does Lennie go to Crooks' room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Curley's wife.
2. What does Lennie do after he comes out of the brush from hiding, after his confrontation with Curley's Wife?
3. What was Crooks doing in the beginning of Chapter 4, before Lennie entered, and then again at the end of the chapter when he is alone again?
4. What does George say when Lennie asks if he will leave him in Chapter 6?
5. What does George pull out of his pocket in Chapter 6, while sitting with Lennie?
6. Why does Crooks live in a separate space than the rest of the men?
7. What happens when Curley's wife offers to let Lennie stroke her soft hair?
8. What does George think the men should do about Lennie, after they discover what he did to Curley's wife?
9. What happens when Lennie realizes that George will figure it out that Lennie has killed the puppy?
10. What has happened to the puppy that Lennie talks to in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Lennie kills Curley's wife, he immediately realizes that he has done something wrong. In many legal defenses, that would be proof enough that someone could be tried for a crime, even if they were also mentally challenged. That said, how do you think Lennie would do if he were on trial for this murder? Would he be convicted? Why or why not? What could a lawyer present in his defense?
Essay Topic 2
Once Lennie and George share their dream with the others, other men on the farm ask if they can come along and work for them. In a sense, these men will never be "free" in that situation, so how does living with Lennie and George become a better plan for them? How will these men benefit from the arrangement? How would Lennie and George benefit?
Essay Topic 3
Lennie is absolutely fascinated by rabbits. He wants to have them as pets at the place where George and he will live. Why do you think that rabbits are so fascinating to Lennie? And for that matter, why is Lennie so fascinated with animals in general? What characteristics do animals and Lennie share?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)