Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How, according to Curley's wife, did a specific individual sabotage her success at her desired profession?
2. Who yells at Curley for talking about George and Lennie's plan?
3. What does Crooks say about migrant workers who want to own a ranch?
4. What does Lennie interrupt Curley's wife in Chapter 5 to talk about?
5. Why are Lennie and George different than other guys, according to George?
Essay Topic 1
George warns Lennie about the puppies several times in the story - they're too young, they need to be with their mother, etc. Do you think that George was worried Lennie might hurt the puppies? Why or why not? Are there any signs that Lennie is going to hurt the puppies before he actually does?
Essay Topic 2
The incident in Weed resulted in Lennie and George having to leave, but why didn't they fight back and tell the truth about what happened? Why didn't they let the others know that Lennie didn't try to rape her? Why did they simply choose to run away? Was this the best choice for them?
Essay Topic 3
George doesn't want Curley to shoot Lennie, even though he's done a horrific thing. Why do you think George wants to keep Lennie alive? Does it seem that George blames Lennie for what he has done or do you think he believes it's Curley's wife's fault? Why or why not? This act of stopping Lennie from being killed seems merciful, but is it? Why or why not?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)