|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose gun does George have in Chapter 6?
2. Who watches George and the individual leading him away at the end of the book?
3. What horrible does Curley's wife say she can do to Crooks?
4. Candy says that they should do what with Lennie?
5. With whom does Curley's wife try to flirt in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George do with the gun in Chapter 6?
2. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
3. What happens when Lennie comes to visit Crooks in Chapter 4?
4. When Crooks tells Curley's wife to leave his room, what happens?
5. What happens when Lennie realizes that George will figure it out that Lennie has killed the puppy?
6. What has happened to the puppy that Lennie talks to in Chapter 5?
7. Who does Curley's wife insult when she walks into Crooks' room?
8. Where does Crooks, the black ranch hand, live on the ranch?
9. Has George ever been mad at Lennie, according to George's words?
10. What does George think the men should do about Lennie, after they discover what he did to Curley's wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lennie is absolutely fascinated by rabbits. He wants to have them as pets at the place where George and he will live. Why do you think that rabbits are so fascinating to Lennie? And for that matter, why is Lennie so fascinated with animals in general? What characteristics do animals and Lennie share?
Essay Topic 2
Soledad, California is the setting of this story, and the background seems to be as much a character as the humans who take part in the action. Why do you think that Steinbeck chose this setting for the story? How does the story help or hurt the characters?
Essay Topic 3
George warns Lennie about the puppies several times in the story - they're too young, they need to be with their mother, etc. Do you think that George was worried Lennie might hurt the puppies? Why or why not? Are there any signs that Lennie is going to hurt the puppies before he actually does?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)