Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not bright, but is a good worker?
2. Where does Lennie say he should live?
3. Where are George and Lennie going to work in Chapter 1?
4. What does George tell Lennie he is glad of in Chapter 2?
5. What happened in Weed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Slim say about Lennie when they return to the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
2. What does Crooks talk about when Lennie continues to bring up the rabbits in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Crooks, the black ranch hand, live on the ranch?
4. What does George do with the gun in Chapter 6?
5. Where did Lennie and George work before this new job in Chapter 1?
6. How does Candy describe the boss at the ranch?
7. Why don't George and Lennie go to the ranch the first night?
8. How does George respond when the boss asks them why they were late getting to their job in Chapter 2?
9. What happens when Carlson complains about the smell of Candy's dog?
10. What happens when Lennie comes to visit Crooks in Chapter 4?
Essay Topic 1
When Curley attacks Lennie, Lennie doesn't defend himself, even though he is much bigger and stronger. This seems a contradiction as Lennie does appear to have violent tendencies. Why do you think the Lennie didn't defend himself? Should he have fought back? Why or why not? And why did Lennie eventually break Curley's hand?
Essay Topic 2
George used to play jokes on Lennie but not anymore after one incident in which Lennie nearly drowned. That said, why do you think George played tricks on Lennie in the first place? There are several possible reasons, so explain each in terms of how George may have benefited from the trick.
Essay Topic 3
Carlson seems to have a lot of trouble with the smell of Candy's dog, asking nearly everyone to convince Candy to shoot the dog. Why do you think that Carlson is so fixated on this dog? What other ways could Candy have dealt with the situation? What does it say about Candy that he allows someone else to shoot his dog?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)