Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not bright, but is a good worker?
2. Where does Lennie say he should live?
3. Where are George and Lennie going to work in Chapter 1?
4. What does George tell Lennie he is glad of in Chapter 2?
5. What happened in Weed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Slim say about Lennie when they return to the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
2. What does Crooks talk about when Lennie continues to bring up the rabbits in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Crooks, the black ranch hand, live on the ranch?
4. What does George do with the gun in Chapter 6?
5. Where did Lennie and George work before this new job in Chapter 1?
6. How does Candy describe the boss at the ranch?
7. Why don't George and Lennie go to the ranch the first night?
8. How does George respond when the boss asks them why they were late getting to their job in Chapter 2?
9. What happens when Carlson complains about the smell of Candy's dog?
10. What happens when Lennie comes to visit Crooks in Chapter 4?
George and Lennie talk constantly about having a place of their own. Besides getting out of having to work for other people, what other reasons do you think they have for owning their own place? What makes this the dream they come back to again and again when they are upset? What would this new place do for them?
Soledad, California is the setting of this story, and the background seems to be as much a character as the humans who take part in the action. Why do you think that Steinbeck chose this setting for the story? How does the story help or hurt the characters?
George warns Lennie about the puppies several times in the story - they're too young, they need to be with their mother, etc. Do you think that George was worried Lennie might hurt the puppies? Why or why not? Are there any signs that Lennie is going to hurt the puppies before he actually does?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)