|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not bright, but is a good worker?
2. Where does Lennie say he should live?
3. Where are George and Lennie going to work in Chapter 1?
4. What does George tell Lennie he is glad of in Chapter 2?
5. What happened in Weed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Slim say about Lennie when they return to the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
2. What does Crooks talk about when Lennie continues to bring up the rabbits in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Crooks, the black ranch hand, live on the ranch?
4. What does George do with the gun in Chapter 6?
5. Where did Lennie and George work before this new job in Chapter 1?
6. How does Candy describe the boss at the ranch?
7. Why don't George and Lennie go to the ranch the first night?
8. How does George respond when the boss asks them why they were late getting to their job in Chapter 2?
9. What happens when Carlson complains about the smell of Candy's dog?
10. What happens when Lennie comes to visit Crooks in Chapter 4?
Essay Topic 1
Lennie is absolutely fascinated by rabbits. He wants to have them as pets at the place where George and he will live. Why do you think that rabbits are so fascinating to Lennie? And for that matter, why is Lennie so fascinated with animals in general? What characteristics do animals and Lennie share?
Essay Topic 2
George and Lennie have been talking about their dream for a while when George finally realizes that it could actually come true. But in the end, it doesn't. Do you think that their dream was ever going to come true? Do you think that George ever really believed it would come true? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When Curley attacks Lennie, Lennie doesn't defend himself, even though he is much bigger and stronger. This seems a contradiction as Lennie does appear to have violent tendencies. Why do you think the Lennie didn't defend himself? Should he have fought back? Why or why not? And why did Lennie eventually break Curley's hand?
This section contains 1,779 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)