|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lennie tell Curley's wife happened to the object(s) Lennie had been staring at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) He has no idea.
(b) He doesn't know where they went.
(c) He accidentally smacked it.
(d) He is not to blame.
2. What is Lennie sitting in the barn looking at when Chapter 5 begins?
(a) His hands.
(b) A dead puppy.
(c) His boots.
(d) A mouse.
3. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
4. Why does a specific individual not want to work for Candy?
(a) He doesn't have the time.
(b) It is a foolish plan.
(c) He can't get out of his current job.
(d) He hates Candy.
5. What does George lie about at the end of the book?
(a) Who shot Lennie.
(b) Who had Carlson's gun.
(c) Where they will go next.
(d) Who killed Curley's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Lennie afraid?
2. Who enters the room and compliments Crooks on its appearance in Chapter 4?
3. What does Lennie do when Curley's wife begins to scream and yell?
4. Why does Lennie get upset with Crooks in Chapter 4?
5. As two individuals watch George being led away at the end of the book, what are they wondering?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lennie cries out George's name while hiding in the brush in Chapter 6. What is George's response?
2. What was Crooks doing in the beginning of Chapter 4, before Lennie entered, and then again at the end of the chapter when he is alone again?
3. What does Candy say they should do about Lennie, after they discover what happened to Curley's wife?
4. Where does Crooks, the black ranch hand, live on the ranch?
5. What does Crooks talk about when Lennie continues to bring up the rabbits in Chapter 4?
6. Who is the first image that appears to Lennie as he is sitting in the brush in Chapter 6?
7. What happens when Lennie realizes that George will figure it out that Lennie has killed the puppy?
8. What does George think the men should do about Lennie, after they discover what he did to Curley's wife?
9. Why does Crooks live in a separate space than the rest of the men?
10. What story does Crooks share with Lennie in Chapter 4?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)