|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lennie tell Crooks in Chapter 4?
(a) That he is special.
(b) That he is the hardest worker.
(c) That he has liked Crooks for a long time.
(d) That everyone else went into town.
2. To whom does George lie in Chapter 6?
3. What do George and the other men decide to do with Lennie after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To give him a puppy.
(b) To have him locked up.
(c) To give him a dress.
(d) To lynch him.
4. What did Crooks' father once own?
(a) A plantation.
(b) A farm.
(c) A chicken ranch.
(d) An oil field.
5. What does Curley's wife say in Chapter 5 that she had wanted to do for a profession?
(a) Become a princess.
(b) Become an actress.
(c) Become a wife.
(d) Become a ranch owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife suddenly ends?
2. When Lennie apologizes to the first image, what does he say he tried to do?
3. Where does Lennie hide the objective he is staring at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. At the end of the book, where does George tell Lennie they are going?
5. What does Lennie first imagine he sees in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Has George ever been mad at Lennie, according to George's words?
2. What does Candy do when he comes into Crooks' room for a visit?
3. What happens when Lennie realizes that George will figure it out that Lennie has killed the puppy?
4. Who does Curley's wife insult when she walks into Crooks' room?
5. What does Curley's wife share with Lennie in the barn?
6. At the end of the book, what does George say happened to Lennie?
7. What does George think the men should do about Lennie, after they discover what he did to Curley's wife?
8. What was Crooks doing in the beginning of Chapter 4, before Lennie entered, and then again at the end of the chapter when he is alone again?
9. What does Candy say they should do about Lennie, after they discover what happened to Curley's wife?
10. What does George pull out of his pocket in Chapter 6, while sitting with Lennie?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)