|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George say in his lie?
(a) That Lennie had Carlson's gun first.
(b) That Curley actually shot Lennie.
(c) That the boss was the one to suggest shooting Lennie.
(d) That Lennie shot himself.
2. What does Lennie ask he object(s) he is starting at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) What happened to it.
(b) Why it died.
(c) How strong they are.
(d) What's so special about them.
3. What does Lennie do at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Finds a can of beans.
(b) Kneel down by the water to drink.
(c) Shoot himself.
(d) Eat a meal.
4. What did Crooks' father once own?
(a) A farm.
(b) A chicken ranch.
(c) A plantation.
(d) An oil field.
5. What did Curley's wife ask Lennie if he has ever touched?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first image Lennie saw in Chapter 6 think will happen if Lennie gets rabbits?
2. Of what is Lennie afraid?
3. Who has no friends?
4. Who is said to look 'simple and pretty now' in Chapter 5?
5. As two individuals watch George being led away at the end of the book, what are they wondering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George say when Lennie asks if he will leave him in Chapter 6?
2. What does Crooks talk about when Lennie continues to bring up the rabbits in Chapter 4?
3. Describe Curley's wife.
4. What does Lennie do after he comes out of the brush from hiding, after his confrontation with Curley's Wife?
5. What does George do with the gun in Chapter 6?
6. What story does Lennie make George repeat to him while they sit together in the brush in the final chapter?
7. Who does Curley's wife insult when she walks into Crooks' room?
8. What does Candy say they should do about Lennie, after they discover what happened to Curley's wife?
9. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
10. Has George ever been mad at Lennie, according to George's words?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)