|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the book, where does George tell Lennie they are going?
(a) Over the river.
(b) To another ranch.
(c) Back to the ranch.
(d) To a place where everyone will be nice to them.
2. Why does Lennie go to Crooks' room?
(a) He saw the light on.
(b) George told him to.
(c) He got lost.
(d) He got invited.
3. What does Lennie do as George talks to him near the river in Chapter 6?
(a) Giggle with happiness.
(b) Cry about his bad deeds.
(d) Ignores him.
4. What does Crooks continue to criticize in Chapter 4?
(a) George and Lennie's plan.
(d) The ranch hands.
5. What causes Lennie to panic around Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) Slim walks in.
(b) She screams.
(c) Curley knocks on the door.
(d) George yells at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George do after assuring Lennie of something in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Lennie decide to go after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
3. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
4. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife suddenly ends?
5. Where is someone shot Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Curley's wife offers to let Lennie stroke her soft hair?
2. Where does Crooks, the black ranch hand, live on the ranch?
3. What happens when Lennie realizes that George will figure it out that Lennie has killed the puppy?
4. What does Lennie do after he comes out of the brush from hiding, after his confrontation with Curley's Wife?
5. Who is the first image that appears to Lennie as he is sitting in the brush in Chapter 6?
6. What does Crooks talk about when Lennie continues to bring up the rabbits in Chapter 4?
7. What does George pull out of his pocket in Chapter 6, while sitting with Lennie?
8. When Crooks tells Curley's wife to leave his room, what happens?
9. What does the rabbit image say to Lennie in Chapter 6?
10. Lennie cries out George's name while hiding in the brush in Chapter 6. What is George's response?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)