|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to kill Lennie?
(a) The boss.
2. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
3. What happens to Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) Curley's wife slaps Lennie
(b) Lennie breaks her neck.
(c) Curley's wife calls Lennie a fool.
(d) She screams and runs away.
4. What is the second thing Lennie imagines he sees in Chapter 6?
(c) Aunt Clara.
(d) A rabbit.
5. When Lennie apologizes to the first image, what does he say he tried to do?
(a) Be slow.
(d) Keep quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Crooks live?
2. Why did Curley's wife say she married Curley?
3. What does George tell Lennie to do in Chapter 6?
4. What does Lennie do at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. Why is Crooks excited to have Lennie in his room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lennie comes to visit Crooks in Chapter 4?
2. What story does Crooks share with Lennie in Chapter 4?
3. What has happened to the puppy that Lennie talks to in Chapter 5?
4. What does George say when Lennie asks if he will leave him in Chapter 6?
5. What does Crooks say to Lennie in Chapter 4 to upset him?
6. What does George think the men should do about Lennie, after they discover what he did to Curley's wife?
7. What happens when Lennie realizes that George will figure it out that Lennie has killed the puppy?
8. Lennie cries out George's name while hiding in the brush in Chapter 6. What is George's response?
9. Describe Curley's wife.
10. Who does Curley's wife insult when she walks into Crooks' room?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)