|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Curley's wife say in Chapter 5 that she had wanted to do for a profession?
(a) Become a ranch owner.
(b) Become a princess.
(c) Become an actress.
(d) Become a wife.
2. What does George assure Lennie in Chapter 6?
(a) That he is upset with him.
(b) That he is going to leave him.
(c) That he is going to shoot him.
(d) That he has never been mad at him.
3. What does Crooks talk about again and again?
(a) About being on the ranch.
(b) About being lonely.
(c) About whorehouses.
(d) About sports.
4. Why did Curley's wife say she married Curley?
(a) For his money.
(b) For his soft hands.
(c) For a fresh start.
(d) To get out of her mother's house.
5. Who has no friends?
(b) Curley's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lennie get upset with Crooks in Chapter 4?
2. What happens when Curley's wife says something horrible that she can have done to Crooks?
3. What does Curley's wife call the men in Crooks' room?
4. As two individuals watch George being led away at the end of the book, what are they wondering?
5. Who yells at Curley for talking about George and Lennie's plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lennie comes to visit Crooks in Chapter 4?
2. What does Candy do when he comes into Crooks' room for a visit?
3. Why does Crooks live in a separate space than the rest of the men?
4. What does George think the men should do about Lennie, after they discover what he did to Curley's wife?
5. What does the rabbit image say to Lennie in Chapter 6?
6. What does Curley's wife share with Lennie in the barn?
7. What does Crooks talk about when Lennie continues to bring up the rabbits in Chapter 4?
8. Who does Curley's wife insult when she walks into Crooks' room?
9. When Crooks tells Curley's wife to leave his room, what happens?
10. What does George pull out of his pocket in Chapter 6, while sitting with Lennie?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)