|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lennie hide the objective he is staring at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) In the bunk.
(b) In the hay.
(c) In the house.
(d) In his pockets.
2. What causes Lennie to panic around Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) She screams.
(b) Curley knocks on the door.
(c) George yells at him.
(d) Slim walks in.
3. Who enters the room and compliments Crooks on its appearance in Chapter 4?
4. Who walks in to talk with Crooks in Chapter 4?
5. What is Lennie sitting in the barn looking at when Chapter 5 begins?
(a) A dead puppy.
(b) His boots.
(c) His hands.
(d) A mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins organizing a search to find Lennie?
2. Why do the other men run into the clearing in Chapter 6?
3. What does Lennie ask George in Chapter 6?
4. What is the second thing Lennie imagines he sees in Chapter 6?
5. What does Curley's wife want Lennie to touch in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to the puppy that Lennie talks to in Chapter 5?
2. Where does Crooks, the black ranch hand, live on the ranch?
3. Why does Crooks live in a separate space than the rest of the men?
4. Why did Curley's wife even marry Curley in the first place?
5. Lennie cries out George's name while hiding in the brush in Chapter 6. What is George's response?
6. What does Crooks talk about when Lennie continues to bring up the rabbits in Chapter 4?
7. What does George do with the gun in Chapter 6?
8. What happens when Curley's wife offers to let Lennie stroke her soft hair?
9. What does Curley's wife share with Lennie in the barn?
10. What happens when Lennie comes to visit Crooks in Chapter 4?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)