|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins organizing a search to find Lennie?
2. Who are the men scared to talk to alone?
(a) Curley's wife.
3. At the end of the book, where does George tell Lennie they are going?
(a) Back to the ranch.
(b) To another ranch.
(c) Over the river.
(d) To a place where everyone will be nice to them.
4. What does George repeat to Lennie?
(a) A story that his father told him.
(b) Something that Crooks told him.
(c) His name.
(d) The story about the place they are going to buy.
5. Who is said to look 'simple and pretty now' in Chapter 5?
(d) Curley's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Curley's wife wearing when she enters the barn in Chapter 5?
2. What does Curley's wife call the men in Crooks' room?
3. What does Crooks say about migrant workers who want to own a ranch?
4. How, according to Curley's wife, did a specific individual sabotage her success at her desired profession?
5. What does George lie about at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Has George ever been mad at Lennie, according to George's words?
2. Lennie cries out George's name while hiding in the brush in Chapter 6. What is George's response?
3. What does the rabbit image say to Lennie in Chapter 6?
4. Where does Crooks, the black ranch hand, live on the ranch?
5. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
6. What has happened to the puppy that Lennie talks to in Chapter 5?
7. What does Crooks talk about when Lennie continues to bring up the rabbits in Chapter 4?
8. What does Crooks say to Lennie in Chapter 4 to upset him?
9. What does George do with the gun in Chapter 6?
10. What happens when Lennie realizes that George will figure it out that Lennie has killed the puppy?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)