|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crooks talk about again and again?
(a) About whorehouses.
(b) About being lonely.
(c) About being on the ranch.
(d) About sports.
2. What happens to Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) She screams and runs away.
(b) Curley's wife slaps Lennie
(c) Lennie breaks her neck.
(d) Curley's wife calls Lennie a fool.
3. What does Crooks do when Candy comes into his room at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Gives him tea.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Pretends to be angry.
4. Why is Crooks excited to have Lennie in his room?
(a) He never gets to talk to anyone.
(b) He likes Lennie.
(c) He thinks Lennie is smarter than he looks.
(d) He wants to talk about George.
5. What does Lennie talk about again and again?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lennie get upset with Crooks in Chapter 4?
2. Who tells George, "Never you mind. A guy got to sometimes"?
3. Where does Crooks live?
4. Who wants to kill Lennie?
5. To whom does George lie in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Crooks share with Lennie in Chapter 4?
2. Why did Curley's wife even marry Curley in the first place?
3. At the end of the book, what does George say happened to Lennie?
4. What happens when Curley's wife offers to let Lennie stroke her soft hair?
5. Lennie cries out George's name while hiding in the brush in Chapter 6. What is George's response?
6. Where does Crooks, the black ranch hand, live on the ranch?
7. What does Candy do when he comes into Crooks' room for a visit?
8. What does Crooks say to Lennie in Chapter 4 to upset him?
9. What does Curley's wife share with Lennie in the barn?
10. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)