|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lennie do when Curley's wife begins to scream and yell?
(a) He covers her mouth and nose.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He calls for George.
(d) He cries.
2. Who says in Chapter 4 that he really doesn't want to work for Candy?
3. Who insults Lennie, Crooks, and Candy in Chapter 4?
(a) Curley's wife.
4. Why does Lennie go to Crooks' room?
(a) He saw the light on.
(b) He got invited.
(c) George told him to.
(d) He got lost.
5. What does George assure Lennie in Chapter 6?
(a) That he is upset with him.
(b) That he has never been mad at him.
(c) That he is going to shoot him.
(d) That he is going to leave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Crooks try to get out of his room in Chapter 4?
2. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
3. What does the second image tell Lennie he is?
4. How does Lennie respond to the dead animal/person in Chapter 5?
5. What happens when Curley's wife says something horrible that she can have done to Crooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Crooks say to Lennie in Chapter 4 to upset him?
2. What happens when Curley's wife offers to let Lennie stroke her soft hair?
3. What does Lennie do after he comes out of the brush from hiding, after his confrontation with Curley's Wife?
4. What does Candy say they should do about Lennie, after they discover what happened to Curley's wife?
5. At the end of the book, what does George say happened to Lennie?
6. Who does Curley's wife insult when she walks into Crooks' room?
7. Has George ever been mad at Lennie, according to George's words?
8. What story does Lennie make George repeat to him while they sit together in the brush in the final chapter?
9. What does George say when Lennie asks if he will leave him in Chapter 6?
10. Describe Curley's wife.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)