|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crooks do when Candy comes into his room at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Pretends to be angry.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Gives him tea.
2. What causes Lennie to panic around Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) Slim walks in.
(b) George yells at him.
(c) Curley knocks on the door.
(d) She screams.
3. What does Lennie do when Curley's wife begins to scream and yell?
(a) He cries.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He calls for George.
(d) He covers her mouth and nose.
4. What does Lennie tell Curley's wife happened to the object(s) Lennie had been staring at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) He accidentally smacked it.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) He is not to blame.
(d) He doesn't know where they went.
5. Who says in Chapter 4 that he really doesn't want to work for Candy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yells at Curley for talking about George and Lennie's plan?
2. What does George repeat to Lennie?
3. What does Lennie talk about again and again?
4. What does Crooks hate about being on the ranch?
5. What does Lennie pick up before he runs away from the barn in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Curley's wife offers to let Lennie stroke her soft hair?
2. What story does Crooks share with Lennie in Chapter 4?
3. What was Crooks doing in the beginning of Chapter 4, before Lennie entered, and then again at the end of the chapter when he is alone again?
4. Describe Curley's wife.
5. What does Lennie do after he comes out of the brush from hiding, after his confrontation with Curley's Wife?
6. What does George do with the gun in Chapter 6?
7. What does Curley's wife share with Lennie in the barn?
8. What happens when Lennie comes to visit Crooks in Chapter 4?
9. What does George say when Lennie asks if he will leave him in Chapter 6?
10. What does George think the men should do about Lennie, after they discover what he did to Curley's wife?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)