|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Curley's wife ask Lennie if he has ever touched?
2. What does George do after assuring Lennie of something in Chapter 6?
(a) Shoots himself.
(b) Shoots Curley.
(c) Shoots Lennie.
(d) Shoots Candy.
3. What does Lennie do as George talks to him near the river in Chapter 6?
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Giggle with happiness.
(d) Cry about his bad deeds.
4. Why does Lennie get upset with Crooks in Chapter 4?
(a) He tricks him.
(b) He punches him.
(c) He teases that George will not come back.
(d) He doesn't give him a puppy.
5. What does Crooks do when Candy comes into his room at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Gives him tea.
(b) Ignores him.
(c) Pretends to be angry.
(d) Hits him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting for Chapter 6?
2. What does Lennie interrupt Curley's wife in Chapter 5 to talk about?
3. In Chapter 5, who/what does Lennie blame for dying?
4. What happens when Curley's wife says something horrible that she can have done to Crooks?
5. What does George repeat to Lennie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
2. Who is the first image that appears to Lennie as he is sitting in the brush in Chapter 6?
3. What happens when Lennie realizes that George will figure it out that Lennie has killed the puppy?
4. When Crooks tells Curley's wife to leave his room, what happens?
5. Describe Curley's wife.
6. What does Curley's wife share with Lennie in the barn?
7. What does George ask of Curley after they have discovered what has happened?
8. What does Crooks say to Lennie in Chapter 4 to upset him?
9. Where does Crooks, the black ranch hand, live on the ranch?
10. What does George pull out of his pocket in Chapter 6, while sitting with Lennie?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)