|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose gun does George have in Chapter 6?
(a) His own.
2. Why does a specific individual not want to work for Candy?
(a) He can't get out of his current job.
(b) It is a foolish plan.
(c) He doesn't have the time.
(d) He hates Candy.
3. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
4. Who walks in to talk with Crooks in Chapter 4?
5. How often is Crooks at the ranch?
(a) He works just a day or two a week.
(b) He comes in once a month.
(c) He is a permanent worker.
(d) He is a migrant worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George lie about at the end of the book?
2. What does Crooks say about migrant workers who want to own a ranch?
3. What does Lennie ask he object(s) he is starting at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What does Lennie tell Curley's wife happened to the object(s) Lennie had been staring at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What horrible does Curley's wife say she can do to Crooks?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Crooks tells Curley's wife to leave his room, what happens?
2. What does George say when Lennie asks if he will leave him in Chapter 6?
3. Who is the first image that appears to Lennie as he is sitting in the brush in Chapter 6?
4. What does Candy do when he comes into Crooks' room for a visit?
5. What happens when Lennie realizes that George will figure it out that Lennie has killed the puppy?
6. What has happened to the puppy that Lennie talks to in Chapter 5?
7. Has George ever been mad at Lennie, according to George's words?
8. What does Crooks say to Lennie in Chapter 4 to upset him?
9. What does the rabbit image say to Lennie in Chapter 6?
10. What does George think the men should do about Lennie, after they discover what he did to Curley's wife?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)