|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who watches George and the individual leading him away at the end of the book?
(a) Curley and Carlson.
(b) Slim and Curley.
(c) Slim and Candy.
(d) Curley and Candy.
2. What does Curley's wife say in Chapter 5 that she had wanted to do for a profession?
(a) Become an actress.
(b) Become a ranch owner.
(c) Become a wife.
(d) Become a princess.
3. What did Crooks' father once own?
(a) An oil field.
(b) A chicken ranch.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A farm.
4. Where is the individual who takes George away at the end of the book taking George?
(a) Back to the bunkhouse.
(b) To a whorehouse.
(c) To a new ranch.
(d) To get a drink.
5. To whom does George lie in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lennie pick up before he runs away from the barn in Chapter 5?
2. Who does Curley's wife accuse of sabotaging her from attaining her desired profession?
3. What happens to Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
4. Who says in Chapter 4 that he really doesn't want to work for Candy?
5. What does George repeat to Lennie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Curley's wife insult when she walks into Crooks' room?
2. What happens when Lennie realizes that George will figure it out that Lennie has killed the puppy?
3. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
4. Why did Curley's wife even marry Curley in the first place?
5. What does Crooks say to Lennie in Chapter 4 to upset him?
6. Describe Curley's wife.
7. What does Candy say they should do about Lennie, after they discover what happened to Curley's wife?
8. Lennie cries out George's name while hiding in the brush in Chapter 6. What is George's response?
9. What has happened to the puppy that Lennie talks to in Chapter 5?
10. What was Crooks doing in the beginning of Chapter 4, before Lennie entered, and then again at the end of the chapter when he is alone again?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)