|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
2. Who yells at Curley for talking about George and Lennie's plan?
3. What does Crooks talk about again and again?
(a) About being on the ranch.
(b) About being lonely.
(c) About sports.
(d) About whorehouses.
4. To whom did George forbid Lennie to talk to?
(a) Curley's wife.
5. What does Lennie first imagine he sees in Chapter 6?
(a) An image of George.
(b) An image of a bunny.
(c) An image of Aunt Clara.
(d) An image of Slim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Crooks live where he does?
2. What happens when Curley's wife says something horrible that she can have done to Crooks?
3. What does George lie about at the end of the book?
4. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife suddenly ends?
5. Who says in Chapter 4 that he really doesn't want to work for Candy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Crooks doing in the beginning of Chapter 4, before Lennie entered, and then again at the end of the chapter when he is alone again?
2. What does the rabbit image say to Lennie in Chapter 6?
3. What happens when Curley's wife offers to let Lennie stroke her soft hair?
4. Why did Curley's wife even marry Curley in the first place?
5. At the end of the book, what does George say happened to Lennie?
6. What has happened to the puppy that Lennie talks to in Chapter 5?
7. What does George do with the gun in Chapter 6?
8. Has George ever been mad at Lennie, according to George's words?
9. What does Curley's wife share with Lennie in the barn?
10. Why does Crooks live in a separate space than the rest of the men?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)