|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crooks talk about again and again?
(a) About being on the ranch.
(b) About being lonely.
(c) About sports.
(d) About whorehouses.
2. What causes Lennie to panic around Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) Curley knocks on the door.
(b) George yells at him.
(c) Slim walks in.
(d) She screams.
3. What does George lie about at the end of the book?
(a) Who killed Curley's wife.
(b) Who had Carlson's gun.
(c) Who shot Lennie.
(d) Where they will go next.
4. Of what is Lennie afraid?
(a) That the boss will fire him.
(b) That he will never be able to tend to rabbits.
(c) That Curley's wife will find out.
(d) That Candy will kill him.
5. What does George say in his lie?
(a) That Lennie had Carlson's gun first.
(b) That Lennie shot himself.
(c) That the boss was the one to suggest shooting Lennie.
(d) That Curley actually shot Lennie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who/what does Lennie blame for dying?
2. Where does Crooks live?
3. What does Lennie ask George in Chapter 6?
4. What does Crooks hate about being on the ranch?
5. With whom does Curley's wife try to flirt in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George say when Lennie asks if he will leave him in Chapter 6?
2. What does Curley's wife share with Lennie in the barn?
3. What story does Crooks share with Lennie in Chapter 4?
4. What happens when Curley's wife offers to let Lennie stroke her soft hair?
5. Why did Curley's wife even marry Curley in the first place?
6. What does Lennie do after he comes out of the brush from hiding, after his confrontation with Curley's Wife?
7. What story does Lennie make George repeat to him while they sit together in the brush in the final chapter?
8. Who is the first image that appears to Lennie as he is sitting in the brush in Chapter 6?
9. Has George ever been mad at Lennie, according to George's words?
10. What does Candy do when he comes into Crooks' room for a visit?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)