|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a specific individual not want to work for Candy?
(a) It is a foolish plan.
(b) He can't get out of his current job.
(c) He hates Candy.
(d) He doesn't have the time.
2. What does Crooks continue to criticize in Chapter 4?
(a) The ranch hands.
(c) George and Lennie's plan.
3. What does Lennie interrupt Curley's wife in Chapter 5 to talk about?
4. Candy says that they should do what with Lennie?
(a) Get Curley to fight him.
(b) Tell the boss.
(c) Let him run away.
(d) Shoot him.
5. Why does Lennie get upset with Crooks in Chapter 4?
(a) He doesn't give him a puppy.
(b) He teases that George will not come back.
(c) He tricks him.
(d) He punches him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first to see what has happened, regarding the shooting at the end of the book?
2. What happens when Curley's wife says something horrible that she can have done to Crooks?
3. What causes Lennie to panic around Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
4. What does the first image Lennie saw in Chapter 6 think will happen if Lennie gets rabbits?
5. What does Lennie pick up before he runs away from the barn in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George do with the gun in Chapter 6?
2. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
3. What story does Crooks share with Lennie in Chapter 4?
4. When Crooks tells Curley's wife to leave his room, what happens?
5. Lennie cries out George's name while hiding in the brush in Chapter 6. What is George's response?
6. What does Lennie do after he comes out of the brush from hiding, after his confrontation with Curley's Wife?
7. What was Crooks doing in the beginning of Chapter 4, before Lennie entered, and then again at the end of the chapter when he is alone again?
8. Who is the first image that appears to Lennie as he is sitting in the brush in Chapter 6?
9. What story does Lennie make George repeat to him while they sit together in the brush in the final chapter?
10. Where does Crooks, the black ranch hand, live on the ranch?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)