|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lennie do at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Kneel down by the water to drink.
(b) Eat a meal.
(c) Shoot himself.
(d) Finds a can of beans.
2. What does George repeat to Lennie?
(a) A story that his father told him.
(b) His name.
(c) Something that Crooks told him.
(d) The story about the place they are going to buy.
3. What does Lennie ask George in Chapter 6?
(a) If he will tell anyone.
(b) If he will fight him.
(c) If he will hurt him.
(d) If he will leave him.
4. As two individuals watch George being led away at the end of the book, what are they wondering?
(a) Where he is going to work now.
(b) Why he and Slim are so upset.
(c) Where he is going.
(d) What he is going to do with Lennie's body
5. Where does Lennie hide the objective he is staring at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) In the bunk.
(b) In his pockets.
(c) In the hay.
(d) In the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lennie go to Crooks' room?
2. What does Lennie interrupt Curley's wife in Chapter 5 to talk about?
3. Who enters the room and compliments Crooks on its appearance in Chapter 4?
4. How often is Crooks at the ranch?
5. Who has no friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lennie do after he comes out of the brush from hiding, after his confrontation with Curley's Wife?
2. Why does Crooks live in a separate space than the rest of the men?
3. What does Candy say they should do about Lennie, after they discover what happened to Curley's wife?
4. What does Curley's wife share with Lennie in the barn?
5. What story does Lennie make George repeat to him while they sit together in the brush in the final chapter?
6. Describe Curley's wife.
7. What does George ask of Curley after they have discovered what has happened?
8. Has George ever been mad at Lennie, according to George's words?
9. When Crooks tells Curley's wife to leave his room, what happens?
10. What happens when Curley's wife offers to let Lennie stroke her soft hair?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)