|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does George take away what Lennie is holding in Chapter 1?
(a) Because it's not clean.
(b) Because he thinks it's still alive.
(c) Because he hates Lennie.
(d) Because he wants to hold it.
2. Where were George and Lennie working before Chapter 1?
3. Who says he prefers prostitutes because he knows upfront how much it's going to cost him?
4. What does Lennie carry in his pocket?
(b) A hammer.
(c) A picture of his mother.
(d) A dead mouse.
5. Who is called a 'tart'?
(d) Curley's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights with Lennie at the end of Chapter 3?
2. How long does George think that it will take him to raise the money for his and Lennie's place?
3. What does Chapter 2 start off describing?
4. What is George carrying for Lennie in Chapter 1?
5. What does George tell Lennie not to do with the boss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't George and Lennie go to the ranch the first night?
2. How does George respond when the boss asks them why they were late getting to their job in Chapter 2?
3. What happened at the ranch in Weed while George and Lennie worked there?
4. Where did Lennie and George work before this new job in Chapter 1?
5. Why does the boss become suspicious of George's story as to why he and Lennie are late to start their new jobs?
6. What does George explain to Lennie as they are walking in the beginning of the book? What are they doing?
7. What does Candy say to them when Lennie and George first arrive at the ranch?
8. Describe the character of George in the first scene of the novel.
9. What does George tell Lennie about the water in Chapter 1?
10. Why does Curley wear a glove on his left hand?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)