|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the boss buy everyone at the ranch for Christmas?
(a) A new pair of boots.
(b) An entire gallon of whiskey.
(c) A new set of coveralls.
(d) A gift.
2. Who used to be a good boxer?
3. Who is capable of driving 20 mules with a single line?
4. What mountains are visible in the area in Chapter 1?
(b) San Andreas.
(d) Santa Cruz.
5. Where did Lennie and George have to hide after Lennie scared a girl?
(a) In a bush.
(b) They didn't hide.
(c) In a bathroom.
(d) In an irrigation ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did George and Lennie have to walk so far?
2. How long does George think that it will take him to raise the money for his and Lennie's place?
3. About what time is it at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Curley's wife wears what when she enters the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
5. Why did Lennie and George get run out of the last town they worked in prior to Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbs George when he looks at his bed's box shelf?
2. Describe the area of Soledad, California.
3. What does Lennie do when he brings the puppy back to the bunkhouse? What does George do?
4. What does the boss look like?
5. How does Candy describe the boss at the ranch?
6. What does Lennie have in his pocket in Chapter 1?
7. Why does Curley wear a glove on his left hand?
8. Why don't George and Lennie go to the ranch the first night?
9. Who has been playing cards with Crooks, the old black ranch hand?
10. Where did Lennie and George work before this new job in Chapter 1?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)