|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does George say the driver made them do?
(a) End up at the wrong place.
(b) Drive the bus themselves.
(c) Walk 10 miles.
(d) Pay the driver.
2. Who invites George to the whorehouse?
3. In Chapter 3, who repeats the comment that Lennie is not bright, but is a good worker?
4. Who says he prefers prostitutes because he knows upfront how much it's going to cost him?
5. How much work can Lennie generally accomplish?
(a) Half as much as anyone else.
(c) Depends on the job.
(d) More than two men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George promise to get Lennie in Chapter 1?
2. Whose dog is the one that smells?
3. Who used to sleep in George's bed in the bunkhouse?
4. Who returns to the bunkhouse at dusk in Chapter 3?
5. What does George tell Lennie to do when they are eating by the fire in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Lennie and George work before this new job in Chapter 1?
2. Describe the character of Lennie in the first scene of the novel.
3. What does George explain to Lennie as they are walking in the beginning of the book? What are they doing?
4. What does Slim say about Lennie when they return to the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
5. What does George say in response to the boss' suspicion about why he answers for Lennie?
6. How does Candy describe the boss at the ranch?
7. Why is Lennie not smart, according to George when he talks to the boss?
8. What does George say to Slim in confidence in Chapter 3?
9. What does Candy say to them when Lennie and George first arrive at the ranch?
10. Who has been playing cards with Crooks, the old black ranch hand?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)