|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wishes he had shot his dog himself?
2. At the end of Chapter 1, what does George tell Lennie to do if he gets into trouble?
(a) To tell George.
(b) To shoot himself.
(c) To beat up the boss.
(d) To run to this place and hide in the brush.
3. How does Candy describe the boss?
(b) A nice man, but he has a temper.
(c) An absent boss.
(d) A drunk.
4. Who is a stocky man who wears blue jeans and a flannel shirt?
(d) The boss.
5. In Chapter 2, what does George say the driver made them do?
(a) Walk 10 miles.
(b) End up at the wrong place.
(c) Pay the driver.
(d) Drive the bus themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Lennie not to pet the puppies too much?
2. Who used to sleep in George's bed in the bunkhouse?
3. What mountains are visible in the area in Chapter 1?
4. What were the men in Weed going to do to Lennie?
5. What will Lennie do when he lives in a house with George?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lennie do when he brings the puppy back to the bunkhouse? What does George do?
2. Describe the area of Soledad, California.
3. How does George describe the piece of property that he and Lennie are planning to buy someday?
4. Why does the boss become suspicious of George's story as to why he and Lennie are late to start their new jobs?
5. What does Lennie have in his pocket in Chapter 1?
6. What does George say to Slim in confidence in Chapter 3?
7. How does George respond when the boss asks them why they were late getting to their job in Chapter 2?
8. What happened at the ranch in Weed while George and Lennie worked there?
9. As Lennie and George are walking along as the book begnins, what does George complain about?
10. What disturbs George when he looks at his bed's box shelf?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)