|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Lennie when he did jumped into a river once?
(a) He swam away.
(b) He got bitten by a shark.
(c) He nearly drowned.
(d) He found treasure.
2. Who does Curley think is having an affair with his wife?
3. Where were George and Lennie working before Chapter 1?
4. What does Lennie always talk about?
5. Who told Lennie not to pet the puppies too much?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does George think that it will take him to raise the money for his and Lennie's place?
2. What is George doing throughout the scene in Chapter 2?
3. Why is Lennie not smart, according to George?
4. What does Lennie ask George while they are eating near their fire in Chapter 1?
5. Who hopes George and Lennie are placed on his barley bucking team?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Candy describe the boss at the ranch?
2. What does Lennie do when he brings the puppy back to the bunkhouse? What does George do?
3. What does the boss look like?
4. What does Slim say about Lennie when they return to the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
5. What happens when Slim comments on the relationship between George and Lennie?
6. What does Candy say to them when Lennie and George first arrive at the ranch?
7. What does George say to Slim in confidence in Chapter 3?
8. What does George tell Lennie about the water in Chapter 1?
9. Why does the boss become suspicious of George's story as to why he and Lennie are late to start their new jobs?
10. Why don't George and Lennie go to the ranch the first night?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)