|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Curley have inside the objective on his left hand?
(c) Nail polish.
2. Which man in Chapter 1 is huge and pale?
3. In Chapter 2, why has Curley been worse in the last few weeks?
(a) He hasn't been worse.
(b) He has gotten in trouble with the boss.
(c) He doesn't like the other workers.
(d) He got married.
4. Who says he prefers prostitutes because he knows upfront how much it's going to cost him?
5. What does George warn Lennie will make him sick?
(a) The weather.
(b) The water.
(c) The sun.
(d) The food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapter 2 start off describing?
2. What does George tell Lennie to do when they are eating by the fire in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Lennie say he should live?
4. Who wishes he had shot his dog himself?
5. How many bunks are inside the bunkhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could Lennie's mental state be described?
2. Describe the area of Soledad, California.
3. What happened when George tried to impress a bunch of men once in the past by making Lennie do something?
4. What happens when Carlson complains about the smell of Candy's dog?
5. Where did Lennie and George work before this new job in Chapter 1?
6. What does Slim say about Lennie when they return to the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
7. What happens when Slim comments on the relationship between George and Lennie?
8. How does Candy describe the boss at the ranch?
9. Describe the character of George in the first scene of the novel.
10. Who has been playing cards with Crooks, the old black ranch hand?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)