|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who repeats the comment that Lennie is not bright, but is a good worker?
2. Who told Lennie not to pet the puppies too much?
3. Who is mentally disabled?
4. What will Lennie do when he lives in a house with George?
(a) Take care of rabbits.
(b) He will raise sheep.
(c) Clean and cook.
(d) Grow corn.
5. How much work can Lennie generally accomplish?
(a) More than two men.
(b) Depends on the job.
(c) Half as much as anyone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lennie when he did jumped into a river once?
2. What does Chapter 2 start off describing?
3. In Chapter 2, what does George say the driver made them do?
4. Who returns to the bunkhouse at dusk in Chapter 3?
5. How did Lennie scare a girl in the last town he worked in prior to the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George describe the piece of property that he and Lennie are planning to buy someday?
2. Who has been playing cards with Crooks, the old black ranch hand?
3. Describe the character of Lennie in the first scene of the novel.
4. Describe the character of George in the first scene of the novel.
5. How does George respond when the boss asks them why they were late getting to their job in Chapter 2?
6. Describe the area of Soledad, California.
7. What happened at the ranch in Weed while George and Lennie worked there?
8. Why is Lennie not smart, according to George when he talks to the boss?
9. What does George tell Lennie about the water in Chapter 1?
10. Why don't George and Lennie go to the ranch the first night?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)