|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wishes he had shot his dog himself?
2. At what does George want to sit and look at in Chapter 1?
(a) The trees.
(b) The animals.
(c) The sky.
(d) The water.
3. What is Lennie doing when he comes into the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
(b) Holding a woman.
(c) Hiding the puppy.
(d) Playing solitaire.
4. Who is a stocky man who wears blue jeans and a flannel shirt?
(b) The boss.
5. What did the previous occupant of George's bed in the bunkhouse keep at his bedside?
(a) A rag.
(b) A coffee cup.
(c) Bug poison.
(d) An iron rod.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights with Lennie at the end of Chapter 3?
2. Which man in Chapter 1 is huge and pale?
3. Who is capable of driving 20 mules with a single line?
4. Who does George confide in about what happened in Weed?
5. Who used to sleep in George's bed in the bunkhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could Lennie's mental state be described?
2. Why does the boss become suspicious of George's story as to why he and Lennie are late to start their new jobs?
3. Why is Lennie not smart, according to George when he talks to the boss?
4. How does George respond when the boss asks them why they were late getting to their job in Chapter 2?
5. What does Slim say about Lennie when they return to the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
6. Describe the area of Soledad, California.
7. What disturbs George when he looks at his bed's box shelf?
8. What does George say to Slim in confidence in Chapter 3?
9. What do the men say about Curley's wife?
10. What does George tell Lennie about the water in Chapter 1?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)