|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does George say the driver made them do?
(a) Walk 10 miles.
(b) Drive the bus themselves.
(c) End up at the wrong place.
(d) Pay the driver.
2. Whose dog stinks?
3. In Chapter 3, who repeats the comment that Lennie is not bright, but is a good worker?
4. Who is called a 'tart'?
(b) Curley's wife.
5. Whose dog gave birth to nine puppies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lennie and George get run out of the last town they worked in prior to Chapter 1?
2. Who is a stocky man who wears blue jeans and a flannel shirt?
3. Who says he prefers prostitutes because he knows upfront how much it's going to cost him?
4. What did George do to make Lennie let go of a woman he was holding?
5. How many bunks are inside the bunkhouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How could Lennie's mental state be described?
2. What does Lennie have in his pocket in Chapter 1?
3. What does Lennie do when he brings the puppy back to the bunkhouse? What does George do?
4. What happened when George tried to impress a bunch of men once in the past by making Lennie do something?
5. What does George say to Slim in confidence in Chapter 3?
6. Describe the area of Soledad, California.
7. How does George describe the piece of property that he and Lennie are planning to buy someday?
8. Why does the boss become suspicious of George's story as to why he and Lennie are late to start their new jobs?
9. Why don't George and Lennie go to the ranch the first night?
10. What happens when Carlson complains about the smell of Candy's dog?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)