|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Curley have on his left hand?
(a) A glove.
(b) A tattoo.
(c) A rubber band.
(d) A bracelet.
2. Who does George confide in about what happened in Weed?
(c) Curley's wife.
(d) The boss.
3. Which man in Chapter 1 is huge and pale?
4. Why is Lennie not smart, according to George?
(a) He got kicked in the head by a horse.
(b) He doesn't care what people think.
(c) He plays stupid.
(d) He was born that way.
5. How much work can Lennie generally accomplish?
(b) Half as much as anyone else.
(c) Depends on the job.
(d) More than two men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did George and Lennie have to walk so far?
2. Why did Lennie and George get run out of the last town they worked in prior to Chapter 1?
3. Where did George and Lennie hide when they left Weed?
4. What proves the boss is not a not a laborer?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does George tell Lennie to do if he gets into trouble?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George describe the piece of property that he and Lennie are planning to buy someday?
2. What does George say to Slim in confidence in Chapter 3?
3. What disturbs George when he looks at his bed's box shelf?
4. Why does Curley wear a glove on his left hand?
5. What do the men say about Curley's wife?
6. What does George explain to Lennie as they are walking in the beginning of the book? What are they doing?
7. What happened when George tried to impress a bunch of men once in the past by making Lennie do something?
8. What does Lennie have in his pocket in Chapter 1?
9. What does Lennie do when he brings the puppy back to the bunkhouse? What does George do?
10. How does Candy describe the boss at the ranch?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)