|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 1, what does George tell Lennie to do if he gets into trouble?
(a) To run to this place and hide in the brush.
(b) To beat up the boss.
(c) To shoot himself.
(d) To tell George.
2. What were the men in Weed going to do to Lennie?
(a) Arrest him.
(b) Lynch him.
(c) Drown him.
(d) Forgive him.
3. Who is referred to as 'jail bait all set on the trigger'?
(c) Curley's wife.
4. What do Lennie and George eat by the fire in Chapter 1?
(c) A can of beans.
5. Who wishes he had shot his dog himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
2. What happened to Lennie when he did jumped into a river once?
3. What does George tell Lennie he is glad of in Chapter 2?
4. Why does George take away what Lennie is holding in Chapter 1?
5. Who is mentally disabled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George ask of Curley after they have discovered what has happened?
2. What does the boss look like?
3. Why does Crooks live in a separate space than the rest of the men?
4. Lennie cries out George's name while hiding in the brush in Chapter 6. What is George's response?
5. Describe the character of Lennie in the first scene of the novel.
6. What does Crooks talk about when Lennie continues to bring up the rabbits in Chapter 4?
7. At the end of the book, what does George say happened to Lennie?
8. What has happened to the puppy that Lennie talks to in Chapter 5?
9. Describe the area of Soledad, California.
10. How does George describe the piece of property that he and Lennie are planning to buy someday?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)