|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does George say he will find out?
(a) If Lennie can have one of the puppies.
(b) If they can get a raise.
(c) If they can leave the ranch.
(d) If they can afford the new house.
2. What mountains are visible in the area in Chapter 1?
(a) San Andreas.
(d) Santa Cruz.
3. What did George used to do to Lennie?
(a) Play jokes on him.
(b) Beat him up.
(c) Call him a different name.
(d) Trip him when they were walking.
4. What is George carrying for Lennie in Chapter 1?
(a) A rat.
(b) A bottle of water.
(c) A puppy.
(d) His work card.
5. What did George once do to impress a bunch of men?
(a) Told Lennie to jump in the river.
(b) Gave them gifts.
(c) Showed off his biceps.
(d) Worked really hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George tell Lennie to do when they are eating by the fire in Chapter 1?
2. Who is mentally disabled?
3. What does George tell Lennie he is glad of in Chapter 2?
4. What does Curley have inside the objective on his left hand?
5. Who is a stocky man who wears blue jeans and a flannel shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Candy say to them when Lennie and George first arrive at the ranch?
2. What does George explain to Lennie as they are walking in the beginning of the book? What are they doing?
3. What does the boss look like?
4. How does Candy describe the boss at the ranch?
5. How does George respond when the boss asks them why they were late getting to their job in Chapter 2?
6. Describe the character of George in the first scene of the novel.
7. Where did Lennie and George work before this new job in Chapter 1?
8. Why does Curley wear a glove on his left hand?
9. What does George tell Lennie about the water in Chapter 1?
10. What does the ranch's bunkhouse look like?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)