|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does George say he will find out?
(a) If they can leave the ranch.
(b) If they can afford the new house.
(c) If Lennie can have one of the puppies.
(d) If they can get a raise.
2. At what does George want to sit and look at in Chapter 1?
(a) The trees.
(b) The sky.
(c) The animals.
(d) The water.
3. How does Candy describe the boss?
(a) An absent boss.
(c) A drunk.
(d) A nice man, but he has a temper.
4. Who has been playing horseshoes with Crooks in Chapter 3?
5. Who fights with Lennie at the end of Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did George and Lennie hide when they left Weed?
2. What did Lennie do after jumping into a river once?
3. What will Lennie do when he lives in a house with George?
4. Who invites George to the whorehouse?
5. Who is mentally disabled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George explain to Lennie as they are walking in the beginning of the book? What are they doing?
2. What does Candy say to them when Lennie and George first arrive at the ranch?
3. Why does Curley wear a glove on his left hand?
4. How does Candy describe the boss at the ranch?
5. What happens when Carlson complains about the smell of Candy's dog?
6. What disturbs George when he looks at his bed's box shelf?
7. What happened when George tried to impress a bunch of men once in the past by making Lennie do something?
8. Describe the area of Soledad, California.
9. Where did Lennie and George work before this new job in Chapter 1?
10. What do the men say about Curley's wife?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)