|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the old man in the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
2. What is George carrying for Lennie in Chapter 1?
(a) His work card.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A rat.
(d) A bottle of water.
3. What does Chapter 2 start off describing?
(a) The ranch's bunkhouse.
4. Who is a stocky man who wears blue jeans and a flannel shirt?
(d) The boss.
5. Why did Aunt Clara stop giving Lennie mice?
(a) Because she died.
(b) Because she got sick.
(c) Because he kept killing them.
(d) Because she ran out.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lennie start traveling with George?
2. Curley's wife wears what when she enters the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
3. What is hanging right above the bunks in Chapter 2?
4. Who kills the dog that stinks?
5. Who is mentally disabled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George say to Slim in confidence in Chapter 3?
2. What does George say in response to the boss' suspicion about why he answers for Lennie?
3. What does George explain to Lennie as they are walking in the beginning of the book? What are they doing?
4. What does George tell Lennie about the water in Chapter 1?
5. What disturbs George when he looks at his bed's box shelf?
6. What do the men say about Curley's wife?
7. What does the boss look like?
8. Who has been playing cards with Crooks, the old black ranch hand?
9. What happened when George tried to impress a bunch of men once in the past by making Lennie do something?
10. How does George respond when the boss asks them why they were late getting to their job in Chapter 2?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)