|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proves the boss is not a not a laborer?
(a) His smooth hands.
(b) The mistakes he makes.
(c) His high heeled boots.
(d) His ignorance.
2. What did the previous occupant of George's bed in the bunkhouse keep at his bedside?
(a) A coffee cup.
(b) Bug poison.
(c) An iron rod.
(d) A rag.
3. What mountains are visible in the area in Chapter 1?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(c) San Andreas.
4. Who used to be a good boxer?
5. What did George used to do to Lennie?
(a) Play jokes on him.
(b) Call him a different name.
(c) Beat him up.
(d) Trip him when they were walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns to the bunkhouse at dusk in Chapter 3?
2. Why did Aunt Clara stop giving Lennie mice?
3. How much work can Lennie generally accomplish?
4. What is the setting of the story?
5. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has been playing cards with Crooks, the old black ranch hand?
2. What does George say in response to the boss' suspicion about why he answers for Lennie?
3. What do the men say about Curley's wife?
4. Describe the character of Lennie in the first scene of the novel.
5. How could Lennie's mental state be described?
6. What happened when George tried to impress a bunch of men once in the past by making Lennie do something?
7. What does George say to Slim in confidence in Chapter 3?
8. What does George tell Lennie about the water in Chapter 1?
9. How does George respond when the boss asks them why they were late getting to their job in Chapter 2?
10. As Lennie and George are walking along as the book begnins, what does George complain about?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)