|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what does George want to sit and look at in Chapter 1?
(a) The trees.
(b) The water.
(c) The animals.
(d) The sky.
2. Who is called a 'tart'?
(b) Curley's wife.
3. What did the previous occupant of George's bed in the bunkhouse keep at his bedside?
(a) A rag.
(b) A coffee cup.
(c) An iron rod.
(d) Bug poison.
4. What happened in Weed?
(a) George hurt another worker.
(c) Lennie killed a dog.
(d) Lennie wanted to touch the red dress of a woman.
5. How much work can Lennie generally accomplish?
(a) Half as much as anyone else.
(b) More than two men.
(c) Depends on the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the boss' son?
2. Who has been playing horseshoes with Crooks in Chapter 3?
3. Who is referred to as 'jail bait all set on the trigger'?
4. Where are George and Lennie going to work in Chapter 1?
5. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbs George when he looks at his bed's box shelf?
2. Why is Lennie not smart, according to George when he talks to the boss?
3. As Lennie and George are walking along as the book begnins, what does George complain about?
4. Describe the area of Soledad, California.
5. What does George tell Lennie about the water in Chapter 1?
6. What does the ranch's bunkhouse look like?
7. What does Lennie do when he brings the puppy back to the bunkhouse? What does George do?
8. What happens when Slim comments on the relationship between George and Lennie?
9. Why does the boss become suspicious of George's story as to why he and Lennie are late to start their new jobs?
10. How does Candy describe the boss at the ranch?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)