|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Curley have on his left hand?
(a) A rubber band.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A tattoo.
(d) A glove.
2. How long does George think that it will take him to raise the money for his and Lennie's place?
(a) A year.
(b) Another month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Too long.
3. Why did George and Lennie have to walk so far?
(a) They wanted to.
(b) They got lost.
(c) They decided to take the scenic route.
(d) The bus driver dropped them off at the wrong place.
4. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
(a) Rio Grande.
5. Why does George take away what Lennie is holding in Chapter 1?
(a) Because he thinks it's still alive.
(b) Because he wants to hold it.
(c) Because it's not clean.
(d) Because he hates Lennie.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does George say he will find out?
2. Why does George want to wait until the morning to get to the ranch in Chapter 1?
3. Whose dog is the one that smells?
4. How does Candy describe the boss?
5. Which man in Chapter 1 is huge and pale?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Lennie and George are walking along as the book begnins, what does George complain about?
2. What happened at the ranch in Weed while George and Lennie worked there?
3. Describe the character of George in the first scene of the novel.
4. What does Candy say to them when Lennie and George first arrive at the ranch?
5. What does George say to Slim in confidence in Chapter 3?
6. What happens when Slim comments on the relationship between George and Lennie?
7. What does George explain to Lennie as they are walking in the beginning of the book? What are they doing?
8. Why does Curley wear a glove on his left hand?
9. Why don't George and Lennie go to the ranch the first night?
10. How could Lennie's mental state be described?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)