|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did George and Lennie have to walk so far?
(a) They wanted to.
(b) They got lost.
(c) They decided to take the scenic route.
(d) The bus driver dropped them off at the wrong place.
2. Why does George want to wait until the morning to get to the ranch in Chapter 1?
(a) So it's not as hot.
(b) So he can rest.
(c) So they can see where they're going.
(d) So they can see a friend first.
3. Who is a stocky man who wears blue jeans and a flannel shirt?
(d) The boss.
4. What did the previous occupant of George's bed in the bunkhouse keep at his bedside?
(a) A coffee cup.
(b) A rag.
(c) An iron rod.
(d) Bug poison.
5. Whose dog stinks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which man in Chapter 1 is small, dark, and quick?
2. Who is capable of driving 20 mules with a single line?
3. What is the setting of the story?
4. Who is the boss' son?
5. What did Lennie do after jumping into a river once?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George respond when the boss asks them why they were late getting to their job in Chapter 2?
2. What does Lennie do when he brings the puppy back to the bunkhouse? What does George do?
3. Why does the boss become suspicious of George's story as to why he and Lennie are late to start their new jobs?
4. What happened at the ranch in Weed while George and Lennie worked there?
5. What happens when Carlson complains about the smell of Candy's dog?
6. What disturbs George when he looks at his bed's box shelf?
7. How does George describe the piece of property that he and Lennie are planning to buy someday?
8. What does George tell Lennie about the water in Chapter 1?
9. What does George say to Slim in confidence in Chapter 3?
10. Why does Curley wear a glove on his left hand?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)