|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Lennie start traveling with George?
(a) After George asked him to.
(b) After Lennie asked to travel with him.
(c) After Aunt Clara told him to.
(d) After Lennie's Aunt Clara died.
2. What did George used to do to Lennie?
(a) Trip him when they were walking.
(b) Play jokes on him.
(c) Beat him up.
(d) Call him a different name.
3. What does George tell Lennie to do when they are eating by the fire in Chapter 1?
(a) To look around and remember the place they are sitting.
(b) To hide in the ground.
(c) To walk in a circle.
(d) To stand up and leave.
4. For how much does George think he can buy a place?
5. Who does Curley think is having an affair with his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights with Lennie at the end of Chapter 3?
2. How many bunks are inside the bunkhouse?
3. Who used to sleep in George's bed in the bunkhouse?
4. Where were George and Lennie working before Chapter 1?
5. Who has been playing horseshoes with Crooks in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbs George when he looks at his bed's box shelf?
2. What happens when Carlson complains about the smell of Candy's dog?
3. What does the boss look like?
4. What does Curley's wife share with Lennie in the barn?
5. Why does the boss become suspicious of George's story as to why he and Lennie are late to start their new jobs?
6. What happens when Lennie comes to visit Crooks in Chapter 4?
7. Why is Lennie not smart, according to George when he talks to the boss?
8. Describe Curley's wife.
9. What story does Lennie make George repeat to him while they sit together in the brush in the final chapter?
10. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)