|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much work can Lennie generally accomplish?
(a) More than two men.
(c) Depends on the job.
(d) Half as much as anyone else.
2. Who is the old man in the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
3. What is George doing throughout the scene in Chapter 2?
(a) Playing solitaire.
4. Who assures Lennie he can build hutches for rabbits?
5. About what time is it at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(b) 10 a.m.
(c) 8 am.
(d) 1 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose dog is the one that smells?
2. Where does Lennie say he should live?
3. What is Lennie doing when he comes into the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
4. What does George warn Lennie will make him sick?
5. What does Curley want to know from George in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbs George when he looks at his bed's box shelf?
2. Why don't George and Lennie go to the ranch the first night?
3. What happened at the ranch in Weed while George and Lennie worked there?
4. Describe the area of Soledad, California.
5. What happens when Carlson complains about the smell of Candy's dog?
6. What do the men say about Curley's wife?
7. How could Lennie's mental state be described?
8. What does Slim say about Lennie when they return to the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
9. Why does Curley wear a glove on his left hand?
10. What does Lennie have in his pocket in Chapter 1?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)