|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is George carrying for Lennie in Chapter 1?
(a) A rat.
(b) His work card.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A bottle of water.
2. What does George tell Lennie he is glad of in Chapter 2?
(a) They're alone.
(b) They're not cousins.
(c) They're brothers.
(d) They're at the ranch.
3. What is George doing throughout the scene in Chapter 2?
(c) Playing solitaire.
4. What does George tell Lennie to do when they are eating by the fire in Chapter 1?
(a) To walk in a circle.
(b) To stand up and leave.
(c) To hide in the ground.
(d) To look around and remember the place they are sitting.
5. Who used to be a good boxer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lennie always talk about?
2. In Chapter 2, what does George say he will find out?
3. Who told Lennie not to pet the puppies too much?
4. What did the boss buy everyone at the ranch for Christmas?
5. Why does Curley hate big men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the ranch's bunkhouse look like?
2. What does Candy say to them when Lennie and George first arrive at the ranch?
3. What do the men say about Curley's wife?
4. How does George respond when the boss asks them why they were late getting to their job in Chapter 2?
5. What does George tell Lennie about the water in Chapter 1?
6. Why does Curley wear a glove on his left hand?
7. Who has been playing cards with Crooks, the old black ranch hand?
8. Why does the boss become suspicious of George's story as to why he and Lennie are late to start their new jobs?
9. Why don't George and Lennie go to the ranch the first night?
10. What does the boss look like?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)