|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been playing horseshoes with Crooks in Chapter 3?
2. Who is called a 'tart'?
(b) Curley's wife.
3. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
(c) Rio Grande.
4. What did George do to make Lennie let go of a woman he was holding?
(a) Told their boss.
(b) Hit him over the head with a fence picket.
(d) Yelled at him.
5. Who is the old man in the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the previous occupant of George's bed in the bunkhouse keep at his bedside?
2. Where did Lennie and George have to hide after Lennie scared a girl?
3. What did the boss buy everyone at the ranch for Christmas?
4. Why did Lennie and George get run out of the last town they worked in prior to Chapter 1?
5. Who does Curley think is having an affair with his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has been playing cards with Crooks, the old black ranch hand?
2. What disturbs George when he looks at his bed's box shelf?
3. What does the ranch's bunkhouse look like?
4. Describe Curley's wife.
5. Describe the area of Soledad, California.
6. Why don't George and Lennie go to the ranch the first night?
7. What has happened to the puppy that Lennie talks to in Chapter 5?
8. What happens when Lennie realizes that George will figure it out that Lennie has killed the puppy?
9. What does the boss look like?
10. At the end of the book, what does George say happened to Lennie?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)