|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did George do to make Lennie let go of a woman he was holding?
(a) Yelled at him.
(b) Hit him over the head with a fence picket.
(c) Told their boss.
2. For how much does George think he can buy a place?
3. Who is mentally disabled?
4. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
(c) Rio Grande.
5. Who is referred to as 'jail bait all set on the trigger'?
(d) Curley's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George doing throughout the scene in Chapter 2?
2. Who kills the dog that stinks?
3. Who says he prefers prostitutes because he knows upfront how much it's going to cost him?
4. Why does George take away what Lennie is holding in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 2, why has Curley been worse in the last few weeks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Slim comments on the relationship between George and Lennie?
2. When Crooks tells Curley's wife to leave his room, what happens?
3. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
4. What does Crooks say to Lennie in Chapter 4 to upset him?
5. What does George say to Slim in confidence in Chapter 3?
6. What do the men say about Curley's wife?
7. What story does Lennie make George repeat to him while they sit together in the brush in the final chapter?
8. What does George think the men should do about Lennie, after they discover what he did to Curley's wife?
9. What story does Crooks share with Lennie in Chapter 4?
10. Who is the first image that appears to Lennie as he is sitting in the brush in Chapter 6?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)