Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not bright, but is a good worker?
2. Where does Lennie say he should live?
(a) In the city.
(b) Away from the ranch.
(c) In the hills by himself.
(d) In Weed.
3. Where are George and Lennie going to work in Chapter 1?
(a) On a ranch.
(b) At a factory.
(c) At an office.
(d) At their uncle's home.
4. What does George tell Lennie he is glad of in Chapter 2?
(a) They're not cousins.
(b) They're brothers.
(c) They're alone.
(d) They're at the ranch.
5. What happened in Weed?
(a) Lennie killed a dog.
(b) Lennie wanted to touch the red dress of a woman.
(d) George hurt another worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how much does George think he can buy a place?
2. What does Chapter 2 start off describing?
3. At the end of Chapter 1, what does George tell Lennie to do if he gets into trouble?
4. Whose dog gave birth to nine puppies?
5. Who has George known since childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Slim say about Lennie when they return to the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
2. What does Crooks talk about when Lennie continues to bring up the rabbits in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Crooks, the black ranch hand, live on the ranch?
4. What does George do with the gun in Chapter 6?
5. Where did Lennie and George work before this new job in Chapter 1?
6. How does Candy describe the boss at the ranch?
7. Why don't George and Lennie go to the ranch the first night?
8. How does George respond when the boss asks them why they were late getting to their job in Chapter 2?
9. What happens when Carlson complains about the smell of Candy's dog?
10. What happens when Lennie comes to visit Crooks in Chapter 4?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)