|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the previous occupant of George's bed in the bunkhouse keep at his bedside?
(a) A rag.
(b) An iron rod.
(c) A coffee cup.
(d) Bug poison.
2. How many bunks are inside the bunkhouse?
3. Who is mentally disabled?
4. Who invites George to the whorehouse?
5. How did Lennie scare a girl in the last town he worked in prior to the beginning of the book?
(a) By stalking her.
(b) By killing her.
(c) By screaming at her.
(d) By holding on to her dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lennie always talk about?
2. What is Lennie doing when he comes into the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
3. What did George once do to impress a bunch of men?
4. What does George tell Lennie not to do with the boss?
5. Where did George and Lennie hide when they left Weed?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Crooks tells Curley's wife to leave his room, what happens?
2. Why does the boss become suspicious of George's story as to why he and Lennie are late to start their new jobs?
3. Describe the area of Soledad, California.
4. What does George say when Lennie asks if he will leave him in Chapter 6?
5. What does the ranch's bunkhouse look like?
6. What does George explain to Lennie as they are walking in the beginning of the book? What are they doing?
7. How could Lennie's mental state be described?
8. What does Lennie do when he brings the puppy back to the bunkhouse? What does George do?
9. Why did Curley's wife even marry Curley in the first place?
10. What does Candy say to them when Lennie and George first arrive at the ranch?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)