|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who repeats the comment that Lennie is not bright, but is a good worker?
2. What is Lennie holding as he walks in Chapter 1?
(a) A game.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A magazine.
3. Who is mentally disabled?
4. Who does Curley think is having an affair with his wife?
5. Which man in Chapter 1 is small, dark, and quick?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has George known since childhood?
2. How long does George think that it will take him to raise the money for his and Lennie's place?
3. What did George and Lennie do as soon as it was dark on the day Lennie scared a woman?
4. What does Curley want to know from George in Chapter 2?
5. What does George promise to get Lennie in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George tell Lennie about the water in Chapter 1?
2. What does George say in response to the boss' suspicion about why he answers for Lennie?
3. Describe the area of Soledad, California.
4. What does George explain to Lennie as they are walking in the beginning of the book? What are they doing?
5. Who has been playing cards with Crooks, the old black ranch hand?
6. How does George respond when the boss asks them why they were late getting to their job in Chapter 2?
7. What happens when Carlson complains about the smell of Candy's dog?
8. What disturbs George when he looks at his bed's box shelf?
9. How could Lennie's mental state be described?
10. Why does Curley wear a glove on his left hand?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)