|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is hanging right above the bunks in Chapter 2?
(c) Apple boxes.
(d) The rules.
2. Why does Lennie want to get to the ranch that evening in the first chapter?
(a) To eat.
(b) To meet his boss.
(c) To get cleaned up.
(d) To sleep.
3. What did the boss buy everyone at the ranch for Christmas?
(a) A gift.
(b) An entire gallon of whiskey.
(c) A new set of coveralls.
(d) A new pair of boots.
4. Why does Curley hate big men?
(a) Because he had a bad experience.
(b) Because he is small.
(c) Because he is big, too.
(d) He doesn't.
5. How many bunks are inside the bunkhouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George carrying for Lennie in Chapter 1?
2. What were the men in Weed going to do to Lennie?
3. Whose dog stinks?
4. What does Lennie carry in his pocket?
5. Who is referred to as 'jail bait all set on the trigger'?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does George describe the piece of property that he and Lennie are planning to buy someday?
2. What happened at the ranch in Weed while George and Lennie worked there?
3. How could Lennie's mental state be described?
4. What does the ranch's bunkhouse look like?
5. What does Slim say about Lennie when they return to the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
6. Describe the character of Lennie in the first scene of the novel.
7. What does George explain to Lennie as they are walking in the beginning of the book? What are they doing?
8. What happens when Carlson complains about the smell of Candy's dog?
9. What does Candy say to them when Lennie and George first arrive at the ranch?
10. Why is Lennie not smart, according to George when he talks to the boss?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)