|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lennie pick up before he runs away from the barn in Chapter 5?
(a) A mouse.
(b) Curley's wife's scarf.
(c) A gun.
(d) A dead puppy.
2. What happens when Curley's wife says something horrible that she can have done to Crooks?
(a) Crooks backs down.
(b) Crooks runs away.
(c) Lennie hits her.
(d) Crooks hits her.
3. What does Curley's wife call the men in Crooks' room?
(a) Bindle bums.
(b) Silly goats.
(c) Sexy hunks.
(d) Lazy bums.
4. What is Curley's wife wearing when she enters the barn in Chapter 5?
(a) A red dress.
(d) A bright dress and makeup.
5. Why does Lennie need to hide the objective he's been staring at in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Because he said he would.
(b) So George can't find out.
(c) Because he is ashamed.
(d) Because he likes to hide things.
6. What does Lennie first imagine he sees in Chapter 6?
(a) An image of Slim.
(b) An image of George.
(c) An image of Aunt Clara.
(d) An image of a bunny.
7. Why does a specific individual not want to work for Candy?
(a) It is a foolish plan.
(b) He hates Candy.
(c) He can't get out of his current job.
(d) He doesn't have the time.
8. What did Curley's wife ask Lennie if he has ever touched?
9. Who insults Lennie, Crooks, and Candy in Chapter 4?
(c) Curley's wife.
10. As two individuals watch George being led away at the end of the book, what are they wondering?
(a) Why he and Slim are so upset.
(b) What he is going to do with Lennie's body
(c) Where he is going.
(d) Where he is going to work now.
11. What does George do after assuring Lennie of something in Chapter 6?
(a) Shoots Curley.
(b) Shoots Candy.
(c) Shoots himself.
(d) Shoots Lennie.
12. Why does Crooks live where he does?
(a) Because he paid for his room.
(b) Because he is black.
(c) Because he wants a cleaner room.
(d) Because he smells.
13. To whom does George lie in Chapter 6?
14. What does Curley's wife tell Lennie in Chapter 4?
(a) She is glad he beat up Curley.
(b) She wants him to run away.
(c) She thinks he's attractive.
(d) She wants to meet him later.
15. What does Lennie interrupt Curley's wife in Chapter 5 to talk about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who walks out of the brush in the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. Who yells at Curley for talking about George and Lennie's plan?
3. How often is Crooks at the ranch?
4. What does George assure Lennie in Chapter 6?
5. Why do the other men run into the clearing in Chapter 6?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)