|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lennie decide to go after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To hide in the brush.
(b) To tell Curley.
(c) To try to revive her.
(d) To admit to the mistake.
2. In Chapter 5, who/what does Lennie blame for dying?
(a) The dog.
(c) A mouse.
(d) Aunt Clara.
3. What is Crooks doing at the beginning and end of Chapter 4?
(a) He is trying to escape.
(b) He is rubbing liniment on his back.
(c) He is humming.
(d) He is playing solitaire.
4. What did Crooks' father once own?
(a) A farm.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A chicken ranch.
(d) An oil field.
5. What does George lie about at the end of the book?
(a) Where they will go next.
(b) Who shot Lennie.
(c) Who killed Curley's wife.
(d) Who had Carlson's gun.
6. Who is the first to see what has happened, regarding the shooting at the end of the book?
7. To whom did George forbid Lennie to talk to?
(b) Curley's wife.
8. Who takes George away at the end of the book?
9. Why is Crooks excited to have Lennie in his room?
(a) He likes Lennie.
(b) He wants to talk about George.
(c) He never gets to talk to anyone.
(d) He thinks Lennie is smarter than he looks.
10. Where does Lennie hide the objective he is staring at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) In the house.
(b) In his pockets.
(c) In the hay.
(d) In the bunk.
11. Who begins organizing a search to find Lennie?
12. What does Crooks say about migrant workers who want to own a ranch?
(a) It is boring to hear about.
(b) It never happens.
(c) It always happens.
(d) It's a silly dream.
13. Why do the other men run into the clearing in Chapter 6?
(a) They hear the gunshot.
(b) They see Lennie.
(c) Curley tells them to.
(d) They see George.
14. Who does Curley's wife accuse of sabotaging her from attaining her desired profession?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her best friend.
15. Who insults Lennie, Crooks, and Candy in Chapter 4?
(c) Curley's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches George and the individual leading him away at the end of the book?
2. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife suddenly ends?
3. Who has no friends?
4. Whose gun does George have in Chapter 6?
5. What does Lennie first imagine he sees in Chapter 6?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)