|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horrible does Curley's wife say she can do to Crooks?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Have him strung from a tree.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Flirt with him.
2. Who does Crooks try to get out of his room in Chapter 4?
(c) Curley's wife.
3. What does Lennie tell Crooks in Chapter 4?
(a) That he has liked Crooks for a long time.
(b) That he is the hardest worker.
(c) That he is special.
(d) That everyone else went into town.
4. What is Lennie sitting in the barn looking at when Chapter 5 begins?
(a) A dead puppy.
(b) His hands.
(c) His boots.
(d) A mouse.
5. Who takes George away at the end of the book?
6. Who is the first to see what has happened, regarding the shooting at the end of the book?
7. What do George and the other men decide to do with Lennie after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To give him a puppy.
(b) To give him a dress.
(c) To have him locked up.
(d) To lynch him.
8. Why is Crooks excited to have Lennie in his room?
(a) He likes Lennie.
(b) He wants to talk about George.
(c) He never gets to talk to anyone.
(d) He thinks Lennie is smarter than he looks.
9. What does Lennie talk about again and again?
10. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
11. Who tells George, "Never you mind. A guy got to sometimes"?
12. Who says in Chapter 4 that he really doesn't want to work for Candy?
13. Candy says that they should do what with Lennie?
(a) Tell the boss.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Get Curley to fight him.
(d) Let him run away.
14. Where is the individual who takes George away at the end of the book taking George?
(a) To get a drink.
(b) Back to the bunkhouse.
(c) To a new ranch.
(d) To a whorehouse.
15. What does George repeat to Lennie?
(a) A story that his father told him.
(b) Something that Crooks told him.
(c) His name.
(d) The story about the place they are going to buy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crooks do when Candy comes into his room at the end of Chapter 4?
2. Who watches George and the individual leading him away at the end of the book?
3. Who has no friends?
4. What does Curley's wife tell Lennie in Chapter 4?
5. Who wants to kill Lennie?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)