|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Curley's wife accuse of sabotaging her from attaining her desired profession?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her best friend.
2. What do George and the other men decide to do with Lennie after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To have him locked up.
(b) To give him a dress.
(c) To give him a puppy.
(d) To lynch him.
3. When Lennie apologizes to the first image, what does he say he tried to do?
(c) Be slow.
(d) Keep quiet.
4. Who wants to kill Lennie?
(c) The boss.
5. How often is Crooks at the ranch?
(a) He works just a day or two a week.
(b) He comes in once a month.
(c) He is a migrant worker.
(d) He is a permanent worker.
6. What happens to Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) Curley's wife slaps Lennie
(b) She screams and runs away.
(c) Curley's wife calls Lennie a fool.
(d) Lennie breaks her neck.
7. Who takes George away at the end of the book?
8. What does George repeat to Lennie?
(a) Something that Crooks told him.
(b) A story that his father told him.
(c) The story about the place they are going to buy.
(d) His name.
9. What did Crooks' father once own?
(a) A farm.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A chicken ranch.
(d) An oil field.
10. What does Crooks hate about being on the ranch?
(a) No one listens to him.
(b) No one gives him a raise.
(c) He has too much work to do.
(d) No one knows his name.
11. Who begins organizing a search to find Lennie?
12. What did Curley's wife ask Lennie if he has ever touched?
13. What does George lie about at the end of the book?
(a) Who shot Lennie.
(b) Who killed Curley's wife.
(c) Who had Carlson's gun.
(d) Where they will go next.
14. What does the second image tell Lennie he is?
(b) A hard worker.
15. Candy says that they should do what with Lennie?
(a) Let him run away.
(b) Tell the boss.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Get Curley to fight him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
2. What does George tell Lennie to do in Chapter 6?
3. Where is the individual who takes George away at the end of the book taking George?
4. To whom did George forbid Lennie to talk to?
5. Why does Lennie need to hide the objective he's been staring at in the beginning of Chapter 5?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)