|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Curley's wife want Lennie to touch in Chapter 5?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her legs.
2. Where is the individual who takes George away at the end of the book taking George?
(a) Back to the bunkhouse.
(b) To get a drink.
(c) To a whorehouse.
(d) To a new ranch.
3. What does George lie about at the end of the book?
(a) Who shot Lennie.
(b) Where they will go next.
(c) Who had Carlson's gun.
(d) Who killed Curley's wife.
4. What does the first image Lennie saw in Chapter 6 think will happen if Lennie gets rabbits?
(a) He will have too many.
(b) He will forget to feed them.
(c) He will forget to work.
(d) He will forget their names.
5. Why does Lennie get upset with Crooks in Chapter 4?
(a) He doesn't give him a puppy.
(b) He teases that George will not come back.
(c) He tricks him.
(d) He punches him.
6. As two individuals watch George being led away at the end of the book, what are they wondering?
(a) Why he and Slim are so upset.
(b) What he is going to do with Lennie's body
(c) Where he is going.
(d) Where he is going to work now.
7. What does Lennie ask George in Chapter 6?
(a) If he will tell anyone.
(b) If he will fight him.
(c) If he will hurt him.
(d) If he will leave him.
8. What does Crooks do when Candy comes into his room at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Pretends to be angry.
(c) Gives him tea.
(d) Ignores him.
9. What does Lennie tell Crooks in Chapter 4?
(a) That everyone else went into town.
(b) That he is the hardest worker.
(c) That he has liked Crooks for a long time.
(d) That he is special.
10. What does Crooks continue to criticize in Chapter 4?
(a) George and Lennie's plan.
(d) The ranch hands.
11. What do George and the other men decide to do with Lennie after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To have him locked up.
(b) To lynch him.
(c) To give him a puppy.
(d) To give him a dress.
12. Who watches George and the individual leading him away at the end of the book?
(a) Slim and Curley.
(b) Curley and Carlson.
(c) Slim and Candy.
(d) Curley and Candy.
13. What does Crooks talk about again and again?
(a) About being lonely.
(b) About sports.
(c) About being on the ranch.
(d) About whorehouses.
14. To whom does George lie in Chapter 6?
15. What did Curley's wife ask Lennie if he has ever touched?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second thing Lennie imagines he sees in Chapter 6?
2. What does Lennie first imagine he sees in Chapter 6?
3. What horrible does Curley's wife say she can do to Crooks?
4. Who says in Chapter 4 that he really doesn't want to work for Candy?
5. What does Lennie do when Curley's wife begins to scream and yell?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)