|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Crooks try to get out of his room in Chapter 4?
(c) Curley's wife.
2. What do George and the other men decide to do with Lennie after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To give him a puppy.
(b) To have him locked up.
(c) To give him a dress.
(d) To lynch him.
3. What is Lennie sitting in the barn looking at when Chapter 5 begins?
(a) A dead puppy.
(b) His hands.
(c) A mouse.
(d) His boots.
4. What does Curley's wife call the men in Crooks' room?
(a) Silly goats.
(b) Bindle bums.
(c) Sexy hunks.
(d) Lazy bums.
5. Of what is Lennie afraid?
(a) That Curley's wife will find out.
(b) That the boss will fire him.
(c) That he will never be able to tend to rabbits.
(d) That Candy will kill him.
6. What does George assure Lennie in Chapter 6?
(a) That he is upset with him.
(b) That he is going to leave him.
(c) That he has never been mad at him.
(d) That he is going to shoot him.
7. What does George lie about at the end of the book?
(a) Who shot Lennie.
(b) Where they will go next.
(c) Who had Carlson's gun.
(d) Who killed Curley's wife.
8. Who wants to kill Lennie?
(d) The boss.
9. What does Curley's wife say in Chapter 5 that she had wanted to do for a profession?
(a) Become an actress.
(b) Become a wife.
(c) Become a ranch owner.
(d) Become a princess.
10. To whom did George forbid Lennie to talk to?
(a) Curley's wife.
11. Where does Lennie decide to go after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To try to revive her.
(b) To hide in the brush.
(c) To admit to the mistake.
(d) To tell Curley.
12. What happens to Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) Lennie breaks her neck.
(b) She screams and runs away.
(c) Curley's wife slaps Lennie
(d) Curley's wife calls Lennie a fool.
13. What causes Lennie to panic around Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) Curley knocks on the door.
(b) Slim walks in.
(c) She screams.
(d) George yells at him.
14. When Lennie apologizes to the first image, what does he say he tried to do?
(c) Be slow.
(d) Keep quiet.
15. What causes Lennie to grab Curley's wife's hair?
(a) There's a loud noise.
(b) George tells him to.
(c) She yells at him.
(d) He loses his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the book, where does George tell Lennie they are going?
2. What does Lennie tell Crooks in Chapter 4?
3. What does Lennie do at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. Who is said to look 'simple and pretty now' in Chapter 5?
5. What is the second thing Lennie imagines he sees in Chapter 6?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)