|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has no friends?
(c) Curley's wife.
2. What does George repeat to Lennie?
(a) His name.
(b) Something that Crooks told him.
(c) A story that his father told him.
(d) The story about the place they are going to buy.
3. What causes Lennie to grab Curley's wife's hair?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) He loses his mind.
(c) There's a loud noise.
(d) George tells him to.
4. Who are the men scared to talk to alone?
(b) Curley's wife.
5. Where is someone shot Chapter 6?
(a) In the face.
(b) In the back of the head.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the back.
6. How, according to Curley's wife, did a specific individual sabotage her success at her desired profession?
(a) By steeling a letter from a man in the industry.
(b) By beating her.
(c) By leave her.
(d) By Ground her.
7. How often is Crooks at the ranch?
(a) He works just a day or two a week.
(b) He comes in once a month.
(c) He is a permanent worker.
(d) He is a migrant worker.
8. Who does Crooks try to get out of his room in Chapter 4?
(d) Curley's wife.
9. What does George assure Lennie in Chapter 6?
(a) That he is upset with him.
(b) That he is going to leave him.
(c) That he is going to shoot him.
(d) That he has never been mad at him.
10. What does Crooks hate about being on the ranch?
(a) No one listens to him.
(b) No one gives him a raise.
(c) He has too much work to do.
(d) No one knows his name.
11. Who is sitting in his room at the beginning of Chapter 4?
12. What does Crooks say about migrant workers who want to own a ranch?
(a) It is boring to hear about.
(b) It's a silly dream.
(c) It always happens.
(d) It never happens.
13. At the end of the book, where does George tell Lennie they are going?
(a) Over the river.
(b) To another ranch.
(c) Back to the ranch.
(d) To a place where everyone will be nice to them.
14. Who wants to kill Lennie?
(a) The boss.
15. To whom does George lie in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George tell Lennie to do in Chapter 6?
2. Of what is Lennie afraid?
3. What does George do after assuring Lennie of something in Chapter 6?
4. What happens when Curley's wife says something horrible that she can have done to Crooks?
5. What does Lennie talk about again and again?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)