|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lennie talk about again and again?
2. Who walks in to talk with Crooks in Chapter 4?
3. How does Lennie respond to the dead animal/person in Chapter 5?
(a) He burns it.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He doesn't react.
4. Candy says that they should do what with Lennie?
(a) Get Curley to fight him.
(b) Tell the boss.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Let him run away.
5. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife suddenly ends?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He partly covers her with hay.
(d) He runs to George.
6. Who walks out of the brush in the beginning of Chapter 6?
7. What did Crooks' father once own?
(a) A plantation.
(b) An oil field.
(c) A chicken ranch.
(d) A farm.
8. Who watches George and the individual leading him away at the end of the book?
(a) Curley and Carlson.
(b) Curley and Candy.
(c) Slim and Curley.
(d) Slim and Candy.
9. Who does Crooks try to get out of his room in Chapter 4?
(d) Curley's wife.
10. What does Lennie tell Crooks in Chapter 4?
(a) That he is the hardest worker.
(b) That he has liked Crooks for a long time.
(c) That everyone else went into town.
(d) That he is special.
11. Who runs into the barn looking for Lennie at the end of Chapter 5?
(b) No one.
12. To whom does George lie in Chapter 6?
13. Of what is Lennie afraid?
(a) That the boss will fire him.
(b) That he will never be able to tend to rabbits.
(c) That Curley's wife will find out.
(d) That Candy will kill him.
14. To whom did George forbid Lennie to talk to?
(b) Curley's wife.
15. Who wants to kill Lennie?
(a) The boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Curley's wife ask Lennie if he has ever touched?
2. Who does Curley's wife accuse of sabotaging her from attaining her desired profession?
3. In Chapter 5, who/what does Lennie blame for dying?
4. What is Lennie sitting in the barn looking at when Chapter 5 begins?
5. What does Curley's wife say in Chapter 5 that she had wanted to do for a profession?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)