|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Lennie to panic around Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) Slim walks in.
(b) George yells at him.
(c) Curley knocks on the door.
(d) She screams.
2. Who has no friends?
(a) Curley's wife.
3. As two individuals watch George being led away at the end of the book, what are they wondering?
(a) What he is going to do with Lennie's body
(b) Where he is going.
(c) Why he and Slim are so upset.
(d) Where he is going to work now.
4. Why does Lennie need to hide the objective he's been staring at in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Because he said he would.
(b) Because he likes to hide things.
(c) Because he is ashamed.
(d) So George can't find out.
5. What does Lennie ask he object(s) he is starting at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) How strong they are.
(b) What happened to it.
(c) Why it died.
(d) What's so special about them.
6. What happens when Curley's wife says something horrible that she can have done to Crooks?
(a) Crooks backs down.
(b) Lennie hits her.
(c) Crooks runs away.
(d) Crooks hits her.
7. What causes Lennie to grab Curley's wife's hair?
(a) He loses his mind.
(b) She yells at him.
(c) George tells him to.
(d) There's a loud noise.
8. Who runs into the barn looking for Lennie at the end of Chapter 5?
(b) No one.
9. What does George tell Lennie to do in Chapter 6?
(a) To look across the river and take off his hat.
(b) To leave.
(c) To explain what has happened.
(d) To walk to the other side of the river.
10. What does the first image Lennie saw in Chapter 6 think will happen if Lennie gets rabbits?
(a) He will forget to work.
(b) He will have too many.
(c) He will forget their names.
(d) He will forget to feed them.
11. Who walks out of the brush in the beginning of Chapter 6?
12. What does Lennie do when Curley's wife begins to scream and yell?
(a) He calls for George.
(b) He cries.
(c) He covers her mouth and nose.
(d) He runs away.
13. What does Curley's wife say in Chapter 5 that she had wanted to do for a profession?
(a) Become an actress.
(b) Become a ranch owner.
(c) Become a princess.
(d) Become a wife.
14. What is the setting for Chapter 6?
(a) Next to the Salinas River.
(b) Weed, California.
(c) Austin, Texas.
(d) Willits, California.
15. Who takes George away at the end of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the second image tell Lennie he is?
2. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
3. Of what is Lennie afraid?
4. Why did Curley's wife say she married Curley?
5. Who yells at Curley for talking about George and Lennie's plan?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)