|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Curley's wife tell Lennie in Chapter 4?
(a) She thinks he's attractive.
(b) She wants him to run away.
(c) She wants to meet him later.
(d) She is glad he beat up Curley.
2. Whose gun does George have in Chapter 6?
(c) His own.
3. What does the second image tell Lennie he is?
(d) A hard worker.
4. What happens when Curley's wife says something horrible that she can have done to Crooks?
(a) Crooks backs down.
(b) Lennie hits her.
(c) Crooks runs away.
(d) Crooks hits her.
5. What does George assure Lennie in Chapter 6?
(a) That he is upset with him.
(b) That he is going to leave him.
(c) That he is going to shoot him.
(d) That he has never been mad at him.
6. Why is Crooks excited to have Lennie in his room?
(a) He thinks Lennie is smarter than he looks.
(b) He likes Lennie.
(c) He never gets to talk to anyone.
(d) He wants to talk about George.
7. What does George do after assuring Lennie of something in Chapter 6?
(a) Shoots Lennie.
(b) Shoots Candy.
(c) Shoots Curley.
(d) Shoots himself.
8. What does Lennie tell Crooks in Chapter 4?
(a) That he is special.
(b) That everyone else went into town.
(c) That he has liked Crooks for a long time.
(d) That he is the hardest worker.
9. How often is Crooks at the ranch?
(a) He comes in once a month.
(b) He is a permanent worker.
(c) He is a migrant worker.
(d) He works just a day or two a week.
10. Who has no friends?
(c) Curley's wife.
11. What does George lie about at the end of the book?
(a) Who killed Curley's wife.
(b) Who shot Lennie.
(c) Where they will go next.
(d) Who had Carlson's gun.
12. What does Lennie do as George talks to him near the river in Chapter 6?
(a) Cry about his bad deeds.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Giggle with happiness.
13. What does George say in his lie?
(a) That Lennie had Carlson's gun first.
(b) That Lennie shot himself.
(c) That the boss was the one to suggest shooting Lennie.
(d) That Curley actually shot Lennie.
14. To whom did George forbid Lennie to talk to?
(b) Curley's wife.
15. What causes Lennie to panic around Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) George yells at him.
(b) Slim walks in.
(c) She screams.
(d) Curley knocks on the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crooks continue to criticize in Chapter 4?
2. Where is the individual who takes George away at the end of the book taking George?
3. What horrible does Curley's wife say she can do to Crooks?
4. When Lennie apologizes to the first image, what does he say he tried to do?
5. What does George repeat to Lennie?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)