|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sitting in his room at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Who begins organizing a search to find Lennie?
3. Why does Lennie go to Crooks' room?
(a) He saw the light on.
(b) He got lost.
(c) He got invited.
(d) George told him to.
4. Why are Lennie and George different than other guys, according to George?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They like to eat beans.
(c) They have someone with whom to travel.
(d) They are the same age.
5. What did Crooks' father once own?
(a) A plantation.
(b) An oil field.
(c) A chicken ranch.
(d) A farm.
6. What does Lennie ask George in Chapter 6?
(a) If he will fight him.
(b) If he will leave him.
(c) If he will tell anyone.
(d) If he will hurt him.
7. Where is someone shot Chapter 6?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the back of the head.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the face.
8. Who wants to kill Lennie?
(b) The boss.
9. What causes Lennie to grab Curley's wife's hair?
(a) There's a loud noise.
(b) He loses his mind.
(c) George tells him to.
(d) She yells at him.
10. Who watches George and the individual leading him away at the end of the book?
(a) Slim and Candy.
(b) Curley and Candy.
(c) Curley and Carlson.
(d) Slim and Curley.
11. In Chapter 5, who/what does Lennie blame for dying?
(a) The dog.
(c) Aunt Clara.
(d) A mouse.
12. What does Lennie first imagine he sees in Chapter 6?
(a) An image of Aunt Clara.
(b) An image of Slim.
(c) An image of a bunny.
(d) An image of George.
13. What does Lennie tell Crooks in Chapter 4?
(a) That everyone else went into town.
(b) That he is special.
(c) That he is the hardest worker.
(d) That he has liked Crooks for a long time.
14. Whose gun does George have in Chapter 6?
(b) His own.
15. Why did Curley's wife say she married Curley?
(a) For his soft hands.
(b) To get out of her mother's house.
(c) For a fresh start.
(d) For his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Candy says that they should do what with Lennie?
2. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife suddenly ends?
3. What does Crooks continue to criticize in Chapter 4?
4. What happens when Curley's wife says something horrible that she can have done to Crooks?
5. What does George say in his lie?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)