|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crooks say about migrant workers who want to own a ranch?
(a) It never happens.
(b) It's a silly dream.
(c) It is boring to hear about.
(d) It always happens.
2. What does Lennie do at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Eat a meal.
(b) Finds a can of beans.
(c) Kneel down by the water to drink.
(d) Shoot himself.
3. What does George lie about at the end of the book?
(a) Who killed Curley's wife.
(b) Who had Carlson's gun.
(c) Where they will go next.
(d) Who shot Lennie.
4. Who has no friends?
(b) Curley's wife.
5. Whose gun does George have in Chapter 6?
(c) His own.
6. At the end of the book, where does George tell Lennie they are going?
(a) To another ranch.
(b) Over the river.
(c) To a place where everyone will be nice to them.
(d) Back to the ranch.
7. Where does Crooks live?
(a) In the bunkhouse.
(b) In a tent.
(c) In a small part of the harness room.
(d) In a shed.
8. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
9. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife suddenly ends?
(a) He partly covers her with hay.
(b) He runs to George.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He kisses her.
10. Who enters the room and compliments Crooks on its appearance in Chapter 4?
11. Who says in Chapter 4 that he really doesn't want to work for Candy?
12. What does the second image tell Lennie he is?
(a) A hard worker.
13. Why is Crooks excited to have Lennie in his room?
(a) He never gets to talk to anyone.
(b) He likes Lennie.
(c) He wants to talk about George.
(d) He thinks Lennie is smarter than he looks.
14. When Lennie apologizes to the first image, what does he say he tried to do?
(b) Keep quiet.
(c) Be slow.
15. What is Curley's wife wearing when she enters the barn in Chapter 5?
(c) A red dress.
(d) A bright dress and makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yells at Curley for talking about George and Lennie's plan?
2. What does George say in his lie?
3. What do George and the other men decide to do with Lennie after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
4. As two individuals watch George being led away at the end of the book, what are they wondering?
5. What does Curley's wife tell Lennie in Chapter 4?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)