|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Curley's wife tell Lennie in Chapter 4?
(a) She thinks he's attractive.
(b) She wants him to run away.
(c) She wants to meet him later.
(d) She is glad he beat up Curley.
2. How, according to Curley's wife, did a specific individual sabotage her success at her desired profession?
(a) By Ground her.
(b) By beating her.
(c) By steeling a letter from a man in the industry.
(d) By leave her.
3. What does the second image tell Lennie he is?
(a) A hard worker.
4. Who does Curley's wife accuse of sabotaging her from attaining her desired profession?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her mother.
5. Who begins organizing a search to find Lennie?
6. Who is the first to see what has happened, regarding the shooting at the end of the book?
7. What does Crooks talk about again and again?
(a) About being lonely.
(b) About sports.
(c) About whorehouses.
(d) About being on the ranch.
8. Why are Lennie and George different than other guys, according to George?
(a) They like to eat beans.
(b) They have someone with whom to travel.
(c) They are the same age.
(d) They are brothers.
9. What is Crooks doing at the beginning and end of Chapter 4?
(a) He is rubbing liniment on his back.
(b) He is trying to escape.
(c) He is playing solitaire.
(d) He is humming.
10. What is Curley's wife wearing when she enters the barn in Chapter 5?
(a) A red dress.
(d) A bright dress and makeup.
11. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
12. What is the second thing Lennie imagines he sees in Chapter 6?
(b) A rabbit.
(c) Aunt Clara.
13. What does Lennie tell Crooks in Chapter 4?
(a) That everyone else went into town.
(b) That he is special.
(c) That he has liked Crooks for a long time.
(d) That he is the hardest worker.
14. To whom does George lie in Chapter 6?
15. What does George repeat to Lennie?
(a) His name.
(b) A story that his father told him.
(c) The story about the place they are going to buy.
(d) Something that Crooks told him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lennie do as George talks to him near the river in Chapter 6?
2. What does the first image Lennie saw in Chapter 6 think will happen if Lennie gets rabbits?
3. Candy says that they should do what with Lennie?
4. Who wants to kill Lennie?
5. What does Lennie first imagine he sees in Chapter 6?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)