|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How, according to Curley's wife, did a specific individual sabotage her success at her desired profession?
(a) By beating her.
(b) By leave her.
(c) By Ground her.
(d) By steeling a letter from a man in the industry.
2. Who yells at Curley for talking about George and Lennie's plan?
3. What does Crooks say about migrant workers who want to own a ranch?
(a) It never happens.
(b) It always happens.
(c) It's a silly dream.
(d) It is boring to hear about.
4. What does Lennie interrupt Curley's wife in Chapter 5 to talk about?
5. Why are Lennie and George different than other guys, according to George?
(a) They have someone with whom to travel.
(b) They like to eat beans.
(c) They are the same age.
(d) They are brothers.
6. Where is the individual who takes George away at the end of the book taking George?
(a) To get a drink.
(b) To a whorehouse.
(c) Back to the bunkhouse.
(d) To a new ranch.
7. What does Lennie ask he object(s) he is starting at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Why it died.
(b) What's so special about them.
(c) How strong they are.
(d) What happened to it.
8. What does Crooks do when Candy comes into his room at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Pretends to be angry.
(b) Gives him tea.
(c) Ignores him.
(d) Hits him.
9. Who is said to look 'simple and pretty now' in Chapter 5?
(c) Curley's wife.
10. Of what is Lennie afraid in Chapter 6?
(a) That he won't ever see Curley's wife again.
(b) That he won't have enough money.
(c) That he's lost.
(d) That George is going to be angry.
11. What does Lennie tell Curley's wife happened to the object(s) Lennie had been staring at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) He doesn't know where they went.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) He accidentally smacked it.
(d) He is not to blame.
12. What does Crooks talk about again and again?
(a) About whorehouses.
(b) About being on the ranch.
(c) About being lonely.
(d) About sports.
13. What does the second image tell Lennie he is?
(c) A hard worker.
14. What causes Lennie to panic around Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) George yells at him.
(b) Curley knocks on the door.
(c) Slim walks in.
(d) She screams.
15. Of what is Lennie afraid?
(a) That the boss will fire him.
(b) That he will never be able to tend to rabbits.
(c) That Candy will kill him.
(d) That Curley's wife will find out.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Curley's wife try to flirt in Chapter 4?
2. Who insults Lennie, Crooks, and Candy in Chapter 4?
3. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
4. Why does a specific individual not want to work for Candy?
5. Where does Crooks live?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)