|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lennie sitting in the barn looking at when Chapter 5 begins?
(a) His boots.
(b) His hands.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A dead puppy.
2. What does George assure Lennie in Chapter 6?
(a) That he is upset with him.
(b) That he is going to shoot him.
(c) That he is going to leave him.
(d) That he has never been mad at him.
3. What causes Lennie to panic around Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) Slim walks in.
(b) Curley knocks on the door.
(c) She screams.
(d) George yells at him.
4. Why did Curley's wife say she married Curley?
(a) To get out of her mother's house.
(b) For his soft hands.
(c) For a fresh start.
(d) For his money.
5. How does Lennie respond to the dead animal/person in Chapter 5?
(a) He burns it.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He doesn't react.
6. Who tells George, "Never you mind. A guy got to sometimes"?
7. What is Curley's wife wearing when she enters the barn in Chapter 5?
(a) A red dress.
(b) A bright dress and makeup.
8. Who has no friends?
(a) Curley's wife.
9. Where does Crooks live?
(a) In a tent.
(b) In the bunkhouse.
(c) In a small part of the harness room.
(d) In a shed.
10. Who walks out of the brush in the beginning of Chapter 6?
11. What is the second thing Lennie imagines he sees in Chapter 6?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) Aunt Clara.
12. In Chapter 5, who/what does Lennie blame for dying?
(a) Aunt Clara.
(b) A mouse.
(c) The dog.
13. What does Lennie ask he object(s) he is starting at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Why it died.
(b) What happened to it.
(c) How strong they are.
(d) What's so special about them.
14. Why is Crooks excited to have Lennie in his room?
(a) He likes Lennie.
(b) He thinks Lennie is smarter than he looks.
(c) He wants to talk about George.
(d) He never gets to talk to anyone.
15. Who does Curley's wife accuse of sabotaging her from attaining her desired profession?
(b) Her best friend.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George do after assuring Lennie of something in Chapter 6?
2. As two individuals watch George being led away at the end of the book, what are they wondering?
3. What does George say in his lie?
4. What did Crooks' father once own?
5. What does Lennie talk about again and again?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)