|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Curley's wife says something horrible that she can have done to Crooks?
(a) Crooks hits her.
(b) Lennie hits her.
(c) Crooks backs down.
(d) Crooks runs away.
2. At the end of the book, where does George tell Lennie they are going?
(a) Back to the ranch.
(b) To a place where everyone will be nice to them.
(c) To another ranch.
(d) Over the river.
3. Candy says that they should do what with Lennie?
(a) Get Curley to fight him.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Let him run away.
(d) Tell the boss.
4. Where does Lennie hide the objective he is staring at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) In his pockets.
(b) In the bunk.
(c) In the hay.
(d) In the house.
5. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife suddenly ends?
(a) He partly covers her with hay.
(b) He runs to George.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He runs away.
6. Who begins organizing a search to find Lennie?
7. Who is the first to see what has happened, regarding the shooting at the end of the book?
8. Who walks out of the brush in the beginning of Chapter 6?
9. Where does Crooks live?
(a) In the bunkhouse.
(b) In a small part of the harness room.
(c) In a tent.
(d) In a shed.
10. As two individuals watch George being led away at the end of the book, what are they wondering?
(a) Where he is going to work now.
(b) What he is going to do with Lennie's body
(c) Why he and Slim are so upset.
(d) Where he is going.
11. Why does Lennie go to Crooks' room?
(a) He got lost.
(b) He got invited.
(c) He saw the light on.
(d) George told him to.
12. What happens to Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) She screams and runs away.
(b) Lennie breaks her neck.
(c) Curley's wife slaps Lennie
(d) Curley's wife calls Lennie a fool.
13. Why does a specific individual not want to work for Candy?
(a) He can't get out of his current job.
(b) He doesn't have the time.
(c) It is a foolish plan.
(d) He hates Candy.
14. What does Crooks hate about being on the ranch?
(a) No one gives him a raise.
(b) No one knows his name.
(c) No one listens to him.
(d) He has too much work to do.
15. Why does Lennie need to hide the objective he's been staring at in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Because he is ashamed.
(b) Because he said he would.
(c) So George can't find out.
(d) Because he likes to hide things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Lennie and George different than other guys, according to George?
2. To whom does George lie in Chapter 6?
3. Of what is Lennie afraid?
4. What does Lennie ask he object(s) he is starting at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. Why do the other men run into the clearing in Chapter 6?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)