|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second thing Lennie imagines he sees in Chapter 6?
(a) A rabbit.
(d) Aunt Clara.
2. To whom did George forbid Lennie to talk to?
(c) Curley's wife.
3. What did Crooks' father once own?
(a) A chicken ranch.
(b) An oil field.
(c) A farm.
(d) A plantation.
4. What do George and the other men decide to do with Lennie after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To lynch him.
(b) To have him locked up.
(c) To give him a puppy.
(d) To give him a dress.
5. Who has no friends?
(d) Curley's wife.
6. Who is said to look 'simple and pretty now' in Chapter 5?
(b) Curley's wife.
7. What does George assure Lennie in Chapter 6?
(a) That he is going to shoot him.
(b) That he has never been mad at him.
(c) That he is going to leave him.
(d) That he is upset with him.
8. What does Lennie interrupt Curley's wife in Chapter 5 to talk about?
9. At the end of the book, where does George tell Lennie they are going?
(a) To another ranch.
(b) To a place where everyone will be nice to them.
(c) Over the river.
(d) Back to the ranch.
10. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
11. What does George say in his lie?
(a) That the boss was the one to suggest shooting Lennie.
(b) That Lennie had Carlson's gun first.
(c) That Curley actually shot Lennie.
(d) That Lennie shot himself.
12. What does Crooks hate about being on the ranch?
(a) He has too much work to do.
(b) No one listens to him.
(c) No one gives him a raise.
(d) No one knows his name.
13. Who begins organizing a search to find Lennie?
14. Of what is Lennie afraid?
(a) That the boss will fire him.
(b) That he will never be able to tend to rabbits.
(c) That Candy will kill him.
(d) That Curley's wife will find out.
15. Why does Lennie go to Crooks' room?
(a) He saw the light on.
(b) George told him to.
(c) He got invited.
(d) He got lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Crooks excited to have Lennie in his room?
2. Who tells George, "Never you mind. A guy got to sometimes"?
3. What does the second image tell Lennie he is?
4. Who yells at Curley for talking about George and Lennie's plan?
5. Who does Crooks try to get out of his room in Chapter 4?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)