|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who yells at Curley for talking about George and Lennie's plan?
2. What does Curley's wife call the men in Crooks' room?
(a) Lazy bums.
(b) Sexy hunks.
(c) Bindle bums.
(d) Silly goats.
3. What does Lennie pick up before he runs away from the barn in Chapter 5?
(a) A dead puppy.
(b) Curley's wife's scarf.
(c) A gun.
(d) A mouse.
4. Why did Curley's wife say she married Curley?
(a) For his soft hands.
(b) For a fresh start.
(c) To get out of her mother's house.
(d) For his money.
5. Whose gun does George have in Chapter 6?
(a) His own.
6. What does Lennie ask he object(s) he is starting at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) What happened to it.
(b) Why it died.
(c) What's so special about them.
(d) How strong they are.
7. What does George tell Lennie to do in Chapter 6?
(a) To explain what has happened.
(b) To look across the river and take off his hat.
(c) To leave.
(d) To walk to the other side of the river.
8. What does Crooks say about migrant workers who want to own a ranch?
(a) It's a silly dream.
(b) It always happens.
(c) It never happens.
(d) It is boring to hear about.
9. What does the second image tell Lennie he is?
(c) A hard worker.
10. What does Curley's wife tell Lennie in Chapter 4?
(a) She wants to meet him later.
(b) She is glad he beat up Curley.
(c) She thinks he's attractive.
(d) She wants him to run away.
11. Who walks in to talk with Crooks in Chapter 4?
12. Where is the individual who takes George away at the end of the book taking George?
(a) To get a drink.
(b) Back to the bunkhouse.
(c) To a new ranch.
(d) To a whorehouse.
13. What does the first image Lennie saw in Chapter 6 think will happen if Lennie gets rabbits?
(a) He will have too many.
(b) He will forget to work.
(c) He will forget to feed them.
(d) He will forget their names.
14. What does Curley's wife want Lennie to touch in Chapter 5?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her legs.
(d) Her hands.
15. What does George do after assuring Lennie of something in Chapter 6?
(a) Shoots himself.
(b) Shoots Candy.
(c) Shoots Curley.
(d) Shoots Lennie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife suddenly ends?
2. Why are Lennie and George different than other guys, according to George?
3. What happens to Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
4. Who enters the room and compliments Crooks on its appearance in Chapter 4?
5. What is the second thing Lennie imagines he sees in Chapter 6?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)