|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lennie sitting in the barn looking at when Chapter 5 begins?
(a) His hands.
(b) A dead puppy.
(c) His boots.
(d) A mouse.
2. What did Crooks' father once own?
(a) A farm.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A chicken ranch.
(d) An oil field.
3. Who walks out of the brush in the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. Who does Curley's wife accuse of sabotaging her from attaining her desired profession?
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her mother.
5. What causes Lennie to panic around Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) Curley knocks on the door.
(b) Slim walks in.
(c) George yells at him.
(d) She screams.
6. Why does Lennie need to hide the objective he's been staring at in the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Because he said he would.
(b) So George can't find out.
(c) Because he is ashamed.
(d) Because he likes to hide things.
7. At the end of the book, where does George tell Lennie they are going?
(a) Over the river.
(b) To another ranch.
(c) Back to the ranch.
(d) To a place where everyone will be nice to them.
8. Of what is Lennie afraid?
(a) That the boss will fire him.
(b) That he will never be able to tend to rabbits.
(c) That Candy will kill him.
(d) That Curley's wife will find out.
9. What do George and the other men decide to do with Lennie after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To have him locked up.
(b) To give him a puppy.
(c) To give him a dress.
(d) To lynch him.
10. What does Lennie ask he object(s) he is starting at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) What's so special about them.
(b) What happened to it.
(c) How strong they are.
(d) Why it died.
11. Where is someone shot Chapter 6?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the face.
(c) In the back of the head.
(d) In the back.
12. What causes Lennie to grab Curley's wife's hair?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) There's a loud noise.
(c) He loses his mind.
(d) George tells him to.
13. Why are Lennie and George different than other guys, according to George?
(a) They have someone with whom to travel.
(b) They are the same age.
(c) They like to eat beans.
(d) They are brothers.
14. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife suddenly ends?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He partly covers her with hay.
(c) He runs to George.
(d) He kisses her.
15. Who does Crooks try to get out of his room in Chapter 4?
(a) Curley's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crooks do when Candy comes into his room at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What does Curley's wife tell Lennie in Chapter 4?
3. Why is Crooks excited to have Lennie in his room?
4. Who is the first to see what has happened, regarding the shooting at the end of the book?
5. What is Curley's wife wearing when she enters the barn in Chapter 5?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)