|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crooks say about migrant workers who want to own a ranch?
(a) It always happens.
(b) It's a silly dream.
(c) It is boring to hear about.
(d) It never happens.
2. To whom does George lie in Chapter 6?
3. What does Crooks continue to criticize in Chapter 4?
(a) The ranch hands.
(b) George and Lennie's plan.
4. Who is the first to see what has happened, regarding the shooting at the end of the book?
5. What does Lennie do when Curley's wife begins to scream and yell?
(a) He calls for George.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He cries.
(d) He covers her mouth and nose.
6. What is Crooks doing at the beginning and end of Chapter 4?
(a) He is playing solitaire.
(b) He is humming.
(c) He is rubbing liniment on his back.
(d) He is trying to escape.
7. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife suddenly ends?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He runs to George.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He partly covers her with hay.
8. With whom does Curley's wife try to flirt in Chapter 4?
(a) The boss.
9. What does George repeat to Lennie?
(a) A story that his father told him.
(b) The story about the place they are going to buy.
(c) His name.
(d) Something that Crooks told him.
10. Who says in Chapter 4 that he really doesn't want to work for Candy?
11. In Chapter 5, who/what does Lennie blame for dying?
(a) The dog.
(b) A mouse.
(d) Aunt Clara.
12. What does Curley's wife say in Chapter 5 that she had wanted to do for a profession?
(a) Become a princess.
(b) Become an actress.
(c) Become a ranch owner.
(d) Become a wife.
13. To whom did George forbid Lennie to talk to?
(c) Curley's wife.
14. What does Lennie do at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Kneel down by the water to drink.
(b) Finds a can of beans.
(c) Eat a meal.
(d) Shoot himself.
15. Who has no friends?
(c) Curley's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who walks out of the brush in the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What did Crooks' father once own?
3. Where does Lennie decide to go after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
4. How does Lennie respond to the dead animal/person in Chapter 5?
5. What is Lennie sitting in the barn looking at when Chapter 5 begins?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)