|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lennie get upset with Crooks in Chapter 4?
(a) He tricks him.
(b) He teases that George will not come back.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He doesn't give him a puppy.
2. Who tells George, "Never you mind. A guy got to sometimes"?
3. What does Crooks hate about being on the ranch?
(a) No one knows his name.
(b) He has too much work to do.
(c) No one listens to him.
(d) No one gives him a raise.
4. What does Lennie do at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Shoot himself.
(b) Finds a can of beans.
(c) Eat a meal.
(d) Kneel down by the water to drink.
5. Where does Crooks live?
(a) In a small part of the harness room.
(b) In a tent.
(c) In a shed.
(d) In the bunkhouse.
6. Where is the individual who takes George away at the end of the book taking George?
(a) To get a drink.
(b) To a whorehouse.
(c) To a new ranch.
(d) Back to the bunkhouse.
7. Who has no friends?
(a) Curley's wife.
8. Who insults Lennie, Crooks, and Candy in Chapter 4?
(a) Curley's wife.
9. What does George say in his lie?
(a) That Curley actually shot Lennie.
(b) That Lennie had Carlson's gun first.
(c) That the boss was the one to suggest shooting Lennie.
(d) That Lennie shot himself.
10. What does Lennie tell Curley's wife happened to the object(s) Lennie had been staring at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) He doesn't know where they went.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) He accidentally smacked it.
(d) He is not to blame.
11. Of what is Lennie afraid in Chapter 6?
(a) That he won't ever see Curley's wife again.
(b) That he's lost.
(c) That George is going to be angry.
(d) That he won't have enough money.
12. What does Curley's wife want Lennie to touch in Chapter 5?
(a) Her legs.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her arm.
13. How often is Crooks at the ranch?
(a) He comes in once a month.
(b) He is a migrant worker.
(c) He is a permanent worker.
(d) He works just a day or two a week.
14. When Lennie apologizes to the first image, what does he say he tried to do?
(b) Keep quiet.
(c) Be slow.
15. What does Lennie do as George talks to him near the river in Chapter 6?
(a) Ignores him.
(c) Cry about his bad deeds.
(d) Giggle with happiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lennie pick up before he runs away from the barn in Chapter 5?
2. What does Lennie talk about again and again?
3. Who is sitting in his room at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What does the second image tell Lennie he is?
5. Who enters the room and compliments Crooks on its appearance in Chapter 4?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)