|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Crooks live where he does?
(a) Because he smells.
(b) Because he is black.
(c) Because he wants a cleaner room.
(d) Because he paid for his room.
2. What do George and the other men decide to do with Lennie after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To give him a puppy.
(b) To lynch him.
(c) To give him a dress.
(d) To have him locked up.
3. What does George say in his lie?
(a) That the boss was the one to suggest shooting Lennie.
(b) That Curley actually shot Lennie.
(c) That Lennie shot himself.
(d) That Lennie had Carlson's gun first.
4. Candy says that they should do what with Lennie?
(a) Get Curley to fight him.
(b) Let him run away.
(c) Tell the boss.
(d) Shoot him.
5. Who walks out of the brush in the beginning of Chapter 6?
6. What does George tell Lennie to do in Chapter 6?
(a) To look across the river and take off his hat.
(b) To leave.
(c) To explain what has happened.
(d) To walk to the other side of the river.
7. What does Crooks talk about again and again?
(a) About being lonely.
(b) About being on the ranch.
(c) About whorehouses.
(d) About sports.
8. Whose gun does George have in Chapter 6?
(b) His own.
9. What does Crooks say about migrant workers who want to own a ranch?
(a) It never happens.
(b) It's a silly dream.
(c) It is boring to hear about.
(d) It always happens.
10. What is the second thing Lennie imagines he sees in Chapter 6?
(a) Aunt Clara.
(d) A rabbit.
11. Who says in Chapter 4 that he really doesn't want to work for Candy?
12. Where does Lennie decide to go after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To hide in the brush.
(b) To admit to the mistake.
(c) To try to revive her.
(d) To tell Curley.
13. How, according to Curley's wife, did a specific individual sabotage her success at her desired profession?
(a) By steeling a letter from a man in the industry.
(b) By beating her.
(c) By Ground her.
(d) By leave her.
14. Who enters the room and compliments Crooks on its appearance in Chapter 4?
15. How often is Crooks at the ranch?
(a) He is a migrant worker.
(b) He works just a day or two a week.
(c) He is a permanent worker.
(d) He comes in once a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrible does Curley's wife say she can do to Crooks?
2. What does George assure Lennie in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 5, who/what does Lennie blame for dying?
4. What does Curley's wife want Lennie to touch in Chapter 5?
5. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)