|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a specific individual not want to work for Candy?
(a) He hates Candy.
(b) It is a foolish plan.
(c) He can't get out of his current job.
(d) He doesn't have the time.
2. To whom did George forbid Lennie to talk to?
(c) Curley's wife.
3. What does George lie about at the end of the book?
(a) Where they will go next.
(b) Who killed Curley's wife.
(c) Who shot Lennie.
(d) Who had Carlson's gun.
4. Who tells George, "Never you mind. A guy got to sometimes"?
5. What causes Lennie to panic around Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) Curley knocks on the door.
(b) She screams.
(c) Slim walks in.
(d) George yells at him.
6. Who walks out of the brush in Chapter 6 and asks Lennie why he is yelling?
7. Who is the first to see what has happened, regarding the shooting at the end of the book?
8. How often is Crooks at the ranch?
(a) He is a permanent worker.
(b) He comes in once a month.
(c) He is a migrant worker.
(d) He works just a day or two a week.
9. Why does Lennie get upset with Crooks in Chapter 4?
(a) He doesn't give him a puppy.
(b) He tricks him.
(c) He teases that George will not come back.
(d) He punches him.
10. What happens to Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) Curley's wife slaps Lennie
(b) Curley's wife calls Lennie a fool.
(c) Lennie breaks her neck.
(d) She screams and runs away.
11. What is Crooks doing at the beginning and end of Chapter 4?
(a) He is humming.
(b) He is playing solitaire.
(c) He is trying to escape.
(d) He is rubbing liniment on his back.
12. What does Crooks talk about again and again?
(a) About whorehouses.
(b) About being lonely.
(c) About sports.
(d) About being on the ranch.
13. What does the first image Lennie saw in Chapter 6 think will happen if Lennie gets rabbits?
(a) He will forget to work.
(b) He will forget their names.
(c) He will have too many.
(d) He will forget to feed them.
14. What does George assure Lennie in Chapter 6?
(a) That he has never been mad at him.
(b) That he is going to shoot him.
(c) That he is upset with him.
(d) That he is going to leave him.
15. Who begins organizing a search to find Lennie?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the individual who takes George away at the end of the book taking George?
2. Where is someone shot Chapter 6?
3. What does Curley's wife want Lennie to touch in Chapter 5?
4. What does George repeat to Lennie?
5. How does Lennie respond to the dead animal/person in Chapter 5?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)