|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Crooks excited to have Lennie in his room?
(a) He thinks Lennie is smarter than he looks.
(b) He wants to talk about George.
(c) He likes Lennie.
(d) He never gets to talk to anyone.
2. Candy says that they should do what with Lennie?
(a) Shoot him.
(b) Get Curley to fight him.
(c) Tell the boss.
(d) Let him run away.
3. Who tells George, "Never you mind. A guy got to sometimes"?
4. Who has no friends?
(c) Curley's wife.
5. What does Crooks say about migrant workers who want to own a ranch?
(a) It always happens.
(b) It's a silly dream.
(c) It is boring to hear about.
(d) It never happens.
6. What does Lennie do when Curley's wife begins to scream and yell?
(a) He cries.
(b) He calls for George.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He covers her mouth and nose.
7. At the end of the book, where does George tell Lennie they are going?
(a) Back to the ranch.
(b) Over the river.
(c) To a place where everyone will be nice to them.
(d) To another ranch.
8. What does Lennie pick up before he runs away from the barn in Chapter 5?
(a) Curley's wife's scarf.
(b) A gun.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A dead puppy.
9. Why does Crooks live where he does?
(a) Because he wants a cleaner room.
(b) Because he smells.
(c) Because he paid for his room.
(d) Because he is black.
10. Where is the individual who takes George away at the end of the book taking George?
(a) To a new ranch.
(b) To a whorehouse.
(c) To get a drink.
(d) Back to the bunkhouse.
11. Where does Crooks live?
(a) In a small part of the harness room.
(b) In a shed.
(c) In a tent.
(d) In the bunkhouse.
12. What is the setting for Chapter 6?
(a) Willits, California.
(b) Weed, California.
(c) Next to the Salinas River.
(d) Austin, Texas.
13. What does Lennie ask George in Chapter 6?
(a) If he will tell anyone.
(b) If he will leave him.
(c) If he will hurt him.
(d) If he will fight him.
14. Who watches George and the individual leading him away at the end of the book?
(a) Slim and Candy.
(b) Slim and Curley.
(c) Curley and Candy.
(d) Curley and Carlson.
15. What does Lennie do after his confrontation with Curley's wife suddenly ends?
(a) He partly covers her with hay.
(b) He runs to George.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins organizing a search to find Lennie?
2. Why does Lennie get upset with Crooks in Chapter 4?
3. What does Crooks continue to criticize in Chapter 4?
4. What does Lennie interrupt Curley's wife in Chapter 5 to talk about?
5. What causes Lennie to grab Curley's wife's hair?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)