|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Curley's wife accuse of sabotaging her from attaining her desired profession?
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her mother.
2. Whose gun does George have in Chapter 6?
(a) His own.
3. What do George and the other men decide to do with Lennie after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To give him a dress.
(b) To lynch him.
(c) To have him locked up.
(d) To give him a puppy.
4. Why is Crooks excited to have Lennie in his room?
(a) He never gets to talk to anyone.
(b) He thinks Lennie is smarter than he looks.
(c) He likes Lennie.
(d) He wants to talk about George.
5. With whom does Curley's wife try to flirt in Chapter 4?
(a) The boss.
6. What is the second thing Lennie imagines he sees in Chapter 6?
(b) Aunt Clara.
(d) A rabbit.
7. What does Curley's wife say in Chapter 5 that she had wanted to do for a profession?
(a) Become an actress.
(b) Become a princess.
(c) Become a wife.
(d) Become a ranch owner.
8. Why does a specific individual not want to work for Candy?
(a) He can't get out of his current job.
(b) He doesn't have the time.
(c) It is a foolish plan.
(d) He hates Candy.
9. What does George do after assuring Lennie of something in Chapter 6?
(a) Shoots Curley.
(b) Shoots Candy.
(c) Shoots himself.
(d) Shoots Lennie.
10. Why does Lennie get upset with Crooks in Chapter 4?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He tricks him.
(c) He doesn't give him a puppy.
(d) He teases that George will not come back.
11. What does George lie about at the end of the book?
(a) Who had Carlson's gun.
(b) Who shot Lennie.
(c) Who killed Curley's wife.
(d) Where they will go next.
12. What happens to Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) Curley's wife slaps Lennie
(b) Lennie breaks her neck.
(c) Curley's wife calls Lennie a fool.
(d) She screams and runs away.
13. What does Lennie first imagine he sees in Chapter 6?
(a) An image of a bunny.
(b) An image of Slim.
(c) An image of Aunt Clara.
(d) An image of George.
14. What does Curley's wife call the men in Crooks' room?
(a) Lazy bums.
(b) Silly goats.
(c) Bindle bums.
(d) Sexy hunks.
15. Who is the first to see what has happened, regarding the shooting at the end of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Curley's wife say she married Curley?
2. Why does Crooks live where he does?
3. What does George tell Lennie to do in Chapter 6?
4. How, according to Curley's wife, did a specific individual sabotage her success at her desired profession?
5. What does George assure Lennie in Chapter 6?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)