|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George do after assuring Lennie of something in Chapter 6?
(a) Shoots Lennie.
(b) Shoots himself.
(c) Shoots Curley.
(d) Shoots Candy.
2. To whom does George lie in Chapter 6?
3. Where is the individual who takes George away at the end of the book taking George?
(a) To a new ranch.
(b) To get a drink.
(c) Back to the bunkhouse.
(d) To a whorehouse.
4. How often is Crooks at the ranch?
(a) He is a migrant worker.
(b) He works just a day or two a week.
(c) He is a permanent worker.
(d) He comes in once a month.
5. Who wants to kill Lennie?
(b) The boss.
6. What does Lennie pick up before he runs away from the barn in Chapter 5?
(a) A dead puppy.
(b) Curley's wife's scarf.
(c) A gun.
(d) A mouse.
7. Who enters the room and compliments Crooks on its appearance in Chapter 4?
8. Who walks out of the brush in the beginning of Chapter 6?
9. Where does Lennie decide to go after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To hide in the brush.
(b) To admit to the mistake.
(c) To tell Curley.
(d) To try to revive her.
10. Who tells George, "Never you mind. A guy got to sometimes"?
11. Whose gun does George have in Chapter 6?
(a) His own.
12. Why are Lennie and George different than other guys, according to George?
(a) They like to eat beans.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They have someone with whom to travel.
(d) They are the same age.
13. What does Lennie ask he object(s) he is starting at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Why it died.
(b) How strong they are.
(c) What's so special about them.
(d) What happened to it.
14. What do George and the other men decide to do with Lennie after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To give him a dress.
(b) To give him a puppy.
(c) To have him locked up.
(d) To lynch him.
15. What happens when Curley's wife says something horrible that she can have done to Crooks?
(a) Lennie hits her.
(b) Crooks backs down.
(c) Crooks hits her.
(d) Crooks runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first image Lennie saw in Chapter 6 think will happen if Lennie gets rabbits?
2. What does Lennie tell Crooks in Chapter 4?
3. What is the second thing Lennie imagines he sees in Chapter 6?
4. What happens to Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
5. Who is the first to see what has happened, regarding the shooting at the end of the book?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)