|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Curley's wife in Chapter 5?
(a) She screams and runs away.
(b) Curley's wife slaps Lennie
(c) Curley's wife calls Lennie a fool.
(d) Lennie breaks her neck.
2. Who yells at Curley for talking about George and Lennie's plan?
3. What does Crooks hate about being on the ranch?
(a) He has too much work to do.
(b) No one knows his name.
(c) No one listens to him.
(d) No one gives him a raise.
4. Why does Lennie go to Crooks' room?
(a) He saw the light on.
(b) He got invited.
(c) He got lost.
(d) George told him to.
5. Candy says that they should do what with Lennie?
(a) Get Curley to fight him.
(b) Let him run away.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Tell the boss.
6. What is Lennie sitting in the barn looking at when Chapter 5 begins?
(a) His hands.
(b) A mouse.
(c) His boots.
(d) A dead puppy.
7. Why do the other men run into the clearing in Chapter 6?
(a) Curley tells them to.
(b) They hear the gunshot.
(c) They see George.
(d) They see Lennie.
8. Who is the first to see what has happened, regarding the shooting at the end of the book?
9. Where does Lennie hide the objective he is staring at in the barn at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) In the house.
(b) In the hay.
(c) In the bunk.
(d) In his pockets.
10. Who begins organizing a search to find Lennie?
11. Why is Crooks excited to have Lennie in his room?
(a) He never gets to talk to anyone.
(b) He wants to talk about George.
(c) He thinks Lennie is smarter than he looks.
(d) He likes Lennie.
12. What does Crooks talk about again and again?
(a) About being lonely.
(b) About being on the ranch.
(c) About whorehouses.
(d) About sports.
13. What does Lennie do at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Eat a meal.
(b) Shoot himself.
(c) Kneel down by the water to drink.
(d) Finds a can of beans.
14. What does Lennie first imagine he sees in Chapter 6?
(a) An image of George.
(b) An image of a bunny.
(c) An image of Aunt Clara.
(d) An image of Slim.
15. When Lennie apologizes to the first image, what does he say he tried to do?
(a) Be slow.
(d) Keep quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George do after assuring Lennie of something in Chapter 6?
2. Who is sitting in his room at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Where is the individual who takes George away at the end of the book taking George?
4. What is the second thing Lennie imagines he sees in Chapter 6?
5. What does Lennie talk about again and again?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)