|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who repeats the comment that Lennie is not bright, but is a good worker?
2. Who does George confide in about what happened in Weed?
(c) The boss.
(d) Curley's wife.
3. Who used to be a good boxer?
4. What did the boss buy everyone at the ranch for Christmas?
(a) A new set of coveralls.
(b) An entire gallon of whiskey.
(c) A gift.
(d) A new pair of boots.
5. Curley's wife wears what when she enters the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
(a) A negligee.
(b) A wool coat.
(c) A pair of boots.
(d) A lot of makeup and red fingernails.
6. What is Lennie holding as he walks in Chapter 1?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A game.
(d) A mouse.
7. Who does Curley think is having an affair with his wife?
8. How many bunks are inside the bunkhouse?
9. Where does Lennie say he should live?
(a) In Weed.
(b) Away from the ranch.
(c) In the hills by himself.
(d) In the city.
10. What does Lennie always talk about?
11. What proves the boss is not a not a laborer?
(a) His smooth hands.
(b) The mistakes he makes.
(c) His high heeled boots.
(d) His ignorance.
12. Whose dog is the one that smells?
(b) The boss'
13. What is hanging right above the bunks in Chapter 2?
(b) Apple boxes.
(c) The rules.
14. What did the previous occupant of George's bed in the bunkhouse keep at his bedside?
(a) An iron rod.
(b) A coffee cup.
(c) Bug poison.
(d) A rag.
15. What does Lennie ask George while they are eating near their fire in Chapter 1?
(a) Whether there will be different colors of rabbits.
(b) What his last name is.
(c) Who Crooks is.
(d) How far away their home is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the men in Weed going to do to Lennie?
2. What does Lennie carry in his pocket?
3. How did Lennie scare a girl in the last town he worked in prior to the beginning of the book?
4. What does Chapter 2 start off describing?
5. What did George once do to impress a bunch of men?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)