|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not bright, but is a good worker?
2. Who invites George to the whorehouse?
3. Who fights with Lennie at the end of Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 2, what does George say the driver made them do?
(a) Walk 10 miles.
(b) Pay the driver.
(c) End up at the wrong place.
(d) Drive the bus themselves.
5. Who assures Lennie he can build hutches for rabbits?
6. Whose dog gave birth to nine puppies?
7. Why is Lennie not smart, according to George?
(a) He doesn't care what people think.
(b) He got kicked in the head by a horse.
(c) He was born that way.
(d) He plays stupid.
8. How much work can Lennie generally accomplish?
(a) Depends on the job.
(b) Half as much as anyone else.
(d) More than two men.
9. What did the previous occupant of George's bed in the bunkhouse keep at his bedside?
(a) Bug poison.
(b) A rag.
(c) An iron rod.
(d) A coffee cup.
10. What is Lennie doing when he comes into the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
(a) Holding a woman.
(c) Playing solitaire.
(d) Hiding the puppy.
11. What did Lennie do after jumping into a river once?
(a) He thanked George for saving his life.
(b) He went to the hospital.
(c) He bought a house.
(d) He ran away.
12. What does Curley want to know from George in Chapter 2?
(a) Where he can get a new glove.
(b) What does he do for a living.
(c) Why he talks for Lennie.
(d) What he knows about ranching.
13. Who is the old man in the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
14. What is the setting of the story?
(a) Weed, Arizona.
(b) Salinas, California.
(c) Santa Diaz, California.
(d) San Diego, California.
15. Which man in Chapter 1 is small, dark, and quick?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hopes George and Lennie are placed on his barley bucking team?
2. What does George tell Lennie not to do with the boss?
3. Whose dog is the one that smells?
4. Who used to be a good boxer?
5. Which man in Chapter 1 is huge and pale?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)