|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who repeats the comment that Lennie is not bright, but is a good worker?
2. Who returns to the bunkhouse at dusk in Chapter 3?
(a) Lennie and George.
(c) Slim and George.
(d) Lennie and Candy.
3. Who wishes he had shot his dog himself?
4. What does Lennie carry in his pocket?
(a) A picture of his mother.
(b) A dead mouse.
(d) A hammer.
5. Who used to sleep in George's bed in the bunkhouse?
(a) An animal lover.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) An actor.
6. What do Lennie and George eat by the fire in Chapter 1?
(d) A can of beans.
7. What does George tell Lennie not to do with the boss?
8. Who told Lennie not to pet the puppies too much?
9. Why does Lennie want to get to the ranch that evening in the first chapter?
(a) To meet his boss.
(b) To eat.
(c) To sleep.
(d) To get cleaned up.
10. What does George tell Lennie he is glad of in Chapter 2?
(a) They're brothers.
(b) They're alone.
(c) They're at the ranch.
(d) They're not cousins.
11. Who does George confide in about what happened in Weed?
(a) The boss.
(d) Curley's wife.
12. Why did George and Lennie have to walk so far?
(a) They wanted to.
(b) They decided to take the scenic route.
(c) The bus driver dropped them off at the wrong place.
(d) They got lost.
13. What does Chapter 2 start off describing?
(b) The ranch's bunkhouse.
14. What did George and Lennie do as soon as it was dark on the day Lennie scared a woman?
(a) Turned themselves in .
(b) Called the police.
(c) Ran out of town.
(d) Went back to get their things.
15. What does Lennie always talk about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the dog that stinks?
2. Which man in Chapter 1 is huge and pale?
3. What did George do to make Lennie let go of a woman he was holding?
4. How much work can Lennie generally accomplish?
5. What is George carrying for Lennie in Chapter 1?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)