|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the story?
(a) Salinas, California.
(b) Santa Diaz, California.
(c) San Diego, California.
(d) Weed, Arizona.
2. Who used to be a good boxer?
3. What does George tell Lennie not to do with the boss?
4. Who is the old man in the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
5. Which man in Chapter 1 is small, dark, and quick?
6. Where were George and Lennie working before Chapter 1?
7. About what time is it at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) 8 am.
(b) 10 a.m.
(d) 1 p.m.
8. What does George tell Lennie he is glad of in Chapter 2?
(a) They're not cousins.
(b) They're alone.
(c) They're brothers.
(d) They're at the ranch.
9. Who is referred to as 'jail bait all set on the trigger'?
(c) Curley's wife.
10. Who does Curley think is having an affair with his wife?
11. What did George used to do to Lennie?
(a) Play jokes on him.
(b) Trip him when they were walking.
(c) Call him a different name.
(d) Beat him up.
12. Who does George confide in about what happened in Weed?
(a) The boss.
(b) Curley's wife.
13. What is George carrying for Lennie in Chapter 1?
(a) A bottle of water.
(b) His work card.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A rat.
14. What happened to Lennie when he did jumped into a river once?
(a) He got bitten by a shark.
(b) He swam away.
(c) He found treasure.
(d) He nearly drowned.
15. What did George do to make Lennie let go of a woman he was holding?
(a) Yelled at him.
(c) Hit him over the head with a fence picket.
(d) Told their boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Lennie do when he lives in a house with George?
2. What is Lennie holding as he walks in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 3, who repeats the comment that Lennie is not bright, but is a good worker?
4. What does Lennie ask George while they are eating near their fire in Chapter 1?
5. Where does Lennie say he should live?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)