|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose dog is the one that smells?
(c) The boss'
2. Who fights with Lennie at the end of Chapter 3?
3. What do Lennie and George eat by the fire in Chapter 1?
(d) A can of beans.
4. Who is referred to as 'jail bait all set on the trigger'?
(d) Curley's wife.
5. Which man in Chapter 1 is small, dark, and quick?
6. Who says he prefers prostitutes because he knows upfront how much it's going to cost him?
7. What did George once do to impress a bunch of men?
(a) Told Lennie to jump in the river.
(b) Worked really hard.
(c) Showed off his biceps.
(d) Gave them gifts.
8. What happened to Lennie when he did jumped into a river once?
(a) He found treasure.
(b) He swam away.
(c) He got bitten by a shark.
(d) He nearly drowned.
9. What is George doing throughout the scene in Chapter 2?
(b) Playing solitaire.
10. What mountains are visible in the area in Chapter 1?
(a) San Andreas.
(c) Santa Cruz.
11. What does George tell Lennie he is glad of in Chapter 2?
(a) They're not cousins.
(b) They're at the ranch.
(c) They're brothers.
(d) They're alone.
12. What did George do to make Lennie let go of a woman he was holding?
(a) Hit him over the head with a fence picket.
(c) Told their boss.
(d) Yelled at him.
13. How long does George think that it will take him to raise the money for his and Lennie's place?
(a) Too long.
(b) Another month.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year.
14. How did Lennie scare a girl in the last town he worked in prior to the beginning of the book?
(a) By screaming at her.
(b) By holding on to her dress.
(c) By stalking her.
(d) By killing her.
15. Who is the old man in the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assures Lennie he can build hutches for rabbits?
2. What does George tell Lennie not to do with the boss?
3. How does Candy describe the boss?
4. Who is capable of driving 20 mules with a single line?
5. When did Lennie start traveling with George?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)