|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a stocky man who wears blue jeans and a flannel shirt?
(b) The boss.
2. Who is the boss' son?
3. What proves the boss is not a not a laborer?
(a) His high heeled boots.
(b) His ignorance.
(c) The mistakes he makes.
(d) His smooth hands.
4. Who is referred to as 'jail bait all set on the trigger'?
(c) Curley's wife.
5. Who invites George to the whorehouse?
6. What happened to Lennie when he did jumped into a river once?
(a) He nearly drowned.
(b) He swam away.
(c) He found treasure.
(d) He got bitten by a shark.
7. What did Lennie do after jumping into a river once?
(a) He thanked George for saving his life.
(b) He went to the hospital.
(c) He bought a house.
(d) He ran away.
8. How many bunks are inside the bunkhouse?
9. What does Lennie carry in his pocket?
(b) A picture of his mother.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A dead mouse.
10. When did Lennie start traveling with George?
(a) After Lennie asked to travel with him.
(b) After Aunt Clara told him to.
(c) After George asked him to.
(d) After Lennie's Aunt Clara died.
11. Which man in Chapter 1 is small, dark, and quick?
12. At what does George want to sit and look at in Chapter 1?
(a) The water.
(b) The trees.
(c) The sky.
(d) The animals.
13. What did George once do to impress a bunch of men?
(a) Showed off his biceps.
(b) Worked really hard.
(c) Gave them gifts.
(d) Told Lennie to jump in the river.
14. Who has been playing horseshoes with Crooks in Chapter 3?
15. How did Lennie scare a girl in the last town he worked in prior to the beginning of the book?
(a) By screaming at her.
(b) By holding on to her dress.
(c) By stalking her.
(d) By killing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why has Curley been worse in the last few weeks?
2. Who is not bright, but is a good worker?
3. Why did Aunt Clara stop giving Lennie mice?
4. Where did George and Lennie hide when they left Weed?
5. Who used to sleep in George's bed in the bunkhouse?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)