|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose dog is the one that smells?
(b) The boss'
2. What is Lennie doing when he comes into the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
(a) Holding a woman.
(c) Hiding the puppy.
(d) Playing solitaire.
3. How many bunks are inside the bunkhouse?
4. Why does George take away what Lennie is holding in Chapter 1?
(a) Because he wants to hold it.
(b) Because he thinks it's still alive.
(c) Because it's not clean.
(d) Because he hates Lennie.
5. About what time is it at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) 10 a.m.
(c) 8 am.
(d) 1 p.m.
6. What did George once do to impress a bunch of men?
(a) Told Lennie to jump in the river.
(b) Showed off his biceps.
(c) Worked really hard.
(d) Gave them gifts.
7. Who is mentally disabled?
8. Who has been playing horseshoes with Crooks in Chapter 3?
9. What does George tell Lennie not to do with the boss?
10. At the end of Chapter 1, what does George tell Lennie to do if he gets into trouble?
(a) To tell George.
(b) To run to this place and hide in the brush.
(c) To shoot himself.
(d) To beat up the boss.
11. What is George carrying for Lennie in Chapter 1?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A bottle of water.
(c) His work card.
(d) A rat.
12. Who does George confide in about what happened in Weed?
(a) The boss.
(d) Curley's wife.
13. Who is the old man in the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
14. Why does George want to wait until the morning to get to the ranch in Chapter 1?
(a) So they can see where they're going.
(b) So they can see a friend first.
(c) So it's not as hot.
(d) So he can rest.
15. Who is called a 'tart'?
(d) Curley's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why has Curley been worse in the last few weeks?
2. What mountains are visible in the area in Chapter 1?
3. Who has George known since childhood?
4. Why does Lennie want to get to the ranch that evening in the first chapter?
5. What does Slim call Lennie in Chapter 3?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)