|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wishes he had shot his dog himself?
2. Which man in Chapter 1 is huge and pale?
3. What does Lennie carry in his pocket?
(a) A picture of his mother.
(b) A dead mouse.
(c) A hammer.
4. What does George tell Lennie not to do with the boss?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, what does George tell Lennie to do if he gets into trouble?
(a) To tell George.
(b) To shoot himself.
(c) To beat up the boss.
(d) To run to this place and hide in the brush.
6. What did George and Lennie do as soon as it was dark on the day Lennie scared a woman?
(a) Ran out of town.
(b) Called the police.
(c) Turned themselves in .
(d) Went back to get their things.
7. Whose dog is the one that smells?
(c) The boss'
8. What does Chapter 2 start off describing?
(a) The ranch's bunkhouse.
9. What proves the boss is not a not a laborer?
(a) His high heeled boots.
(b) The mistakes he makes.
(c) His ignorance.
(d) His smooth hands.
10. Who returns to the bunkhouse at dusk in Chapter 3?
(a) Lennie and Candy.
(b) Lennie and George.
(c) Slim and George.
11. Who is capable of driving 20 mules with a single line?
12. What happened to Lennie when he did jumped into a river once?
(a) He swam away.
(b) He got bitten by a shark.
(c) He found treasure.
(d) He nearly drowned.
13. How long does George think that it will take him to raise the money for his and Lennie's place?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) Another month.
(d) Too long.
14. What do Lennie and George eat by the fire in Chapter 1?
(b) A can of beans.
15. Why does George want to wait until the morning to get to the ranch in Chapter 1?
(a) So they can see where they're going.
(b) So it's not as hot.
(c) So he can rest.
(d) So they can see a friend first.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how much does George think he can buy a place?
2. What did the previous occupant of George's bed in the bunkhouse keep at his bedside?
3. What is Lennie holding as he walks in Chapter 1?
4. How did Lennie scare a girl in the last town he worked in prior to the beginning of the book?
5. When did Lennie start traveling with George?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)