|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Aunt Clara stop giving Lennie mice?
(a) Because she ran out.
(b) Because she got sick.
(c) Because she died.
(d) Because he kept killing them.
2. Who has been playing horseshoes with Crooks in Chapter 3?
3. Who is mentally disabled?
4. What is Lennie doing when he comes into the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
(a) Hiding the puppy.
(b) Playing solitaire.
(c) Holding a woman.
5. What is the setting of the story?
(a) San Diego, California.
(b) Salinas, California.
(c) Weed, Arizona.
(d) Santa Diaz, California.
6. At the end of Chapter 1, what does George tell Lennie to do if he gets into trouble?
(a) To beat up the boss.
(b) To shoot himself.
(c) To tell George.
(d) To run to this place and hide in the brush.
7. Who is the old man in the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
8. Where did George and Lennie hide when they left Weed?
(a) In an irrigation ditch.
(b) In the river.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In an old barn.
9. What is hanging right above the bunks in Chapter 2?
(b) Apple boxes.
(c) The rules.
10. What proves the boss is not a not a laborer?
(a) His ignorance.
(b) His high heeled boots.
(c) His smooth hands.
(d) The mistakes he makes.
11. Where were George and Lennie working before Chapter 1?
12. What does Slim call Lennie in Chapter 3?
13. What did the boss buy everyone at the ranch for Christmas?
(a) A gift.
(b) A new set of coveralls.
(c) A new pair of boots.
(d) An entire gallon of whiskey.
14. What does Curley have on his left hand?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A glove.
(d) A rubber band.
15. Why does Lennie want to get to the ranch that evening in the first chapter?
(a) To eat.
(b) To sleep.
(c) To meet his boss.
(d) To get cleaned up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose dog stinks?
2. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
3. What did Lennie do after jumping into a river once?
4. How long does George think that it will take him to raise the money for his and Lennie's place?
5. Who fights with Lennie at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)