|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns to the bunkhouse at dusk in Chapter 3?
(b) Lennie and George.
(c) Slim and George.
(d) Lennie and Candy.
2. Who has been playing horseshoes with Crooks in Chapter 3?
3. Who invites George to the whorehouse?
4. Why did Lennie and George get run out of the last town they worked in prior to Chapter 1?
(a) Because they robbed a bank.
(b) Because they needed new work.
(c) Because Lennie scared a girl.
(d) Because George stole something.
5. What does Lennie carry in his pocket?
(b) A picture of his mother.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A dead mouse.
6. Whose dog gave birth to nine puppies?
7. Who fights with Lennie at the end of Chapter 3?
8. What does George promise to get Lennie in Chapter 1?
(a) A book.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A house.
9. What is Lennie holding as he walks in Chapter 1?
(a) A magazine.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A game.
10. At what does George want to sit and look at in Chapter 1?
(a) The animals.
(b) The water.
(c) The trees.
(d) The sky.
11. Who is the boss' son?
12. Why does Lennie want to get to the ranch that evening in the first chapter?
(a) To get cleaned up.
(b) To meet his boss.
(c) To eat.
(d) To sleep.
13. At the end of Chapter 1, what does George tell Lennie to do if he gets into trouble?
(a) To beat up the boss.
(b) To shoot himself.
(c) To tell George.
(d) To run to this place and hide in the brush.
14. Whose dog stinks?
15. What is Lennie doing when he comes into the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
(b) Hiding the puppy.
(c) Playing solitaire.
(d) Holding a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Curley's wife wears what when she enters the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
2. Why did Aunt Clara stop giving Lennie mice?
3. Who used to be a good boxer?
4. Why does George take away what Lennie is holding in Chapter 1?
5. Who does George confide in about what happened in Weed?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)