|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does George warn Lennie will make him sick?
(a) The water.
(b) The food.
(c) The weather.
(d) The sun.
2. What does George tell Lennie to do when they are eating by the fire in Chapter 1?
(a) To look around and remember the place they are sitting.
(b) To stand up and leave.
(c) To hide in the ground.
(d) To walk in a circle.
3. Who fights with Lennie at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Curley's wife wears what when she enters the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
(a) A negligee.
(b) A wool coat.
(c) A lot of makeup and red fingernails.
(d) A pair of boots.
5. Who is called a 'tart'?
(d) Curley's wife.
6. Why does George take away what Lennie is holding in Chapter 1?
(a) Because he hates Lennie.
(b) Because he thinks it's still alive.
(c) Because it's not clean.
(d) Because he wants to hold it.
7. Who has George known since childhood?
8. When did Lennie start traveling with George?
(a) After George asked him to.
(b) After Aunt Clara told him to.
(c) After Lennie's Aunt Clara died.
(d) After Lennie asked to travel with him.
9. What did George once do to impress a bunch of men?
(a) Gave them gifts.
(b) Worked really hard.
(c) Showed off his biceps.
(d) Told Lennie to jump in the river.
10. Why did Aunt Clara stop giving Lennie mice?
(a) Because she got sick.
(b) Because she ran out.
(c) Because he kept killing them.
(d) Because she died.
11. At the end of Chapter 1, what does George tell Lennie to do if he gets into trouble?
(a) To shoot himself.
(b) To tell George.
(c) To beat up the boss.
(d) To run to this place and hide in the brush.
12. How long does George think that it will take him to raise the money for his and Lennie's place?
(a) A year.
(b) Another month.
(c) Too long.
(d) Six months.
13. Who is not bright, but is a good worker?
14. Where did George and Lennie hide when they left Weed?
(a) In an old barn.
(b) In the river.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In an irrigation ditch.
15. What happened in Weed?
(a) Lennie wanted to touch the red dress of a woman.
(c) Lennie killed a dog.
(d) George hurt another worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
2. Who is capable of driving 20 mules with a single line?
3. Who has been playing horseshoes with Crooks in Chapter 3?
4. Why does George want to wait until the morning to get to the ranch in Chapter 1?
5. How did Lennie scare a girl in the last town he worked in prior to the beginning of the book?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)