|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Slim call Lennie in Chapter 3?
2. What will Lennie do when he lives in a house with George?
(a) Grow corn.
(b) He will raise sheep.
(c) Clean and cook.
(d) Take care of rabbits.
3. What is the setting of the story?
(a) San Diego, California.
(b) Santa Diaz, California.
(c) Weed, Arizona.
(d) Salinas, California.
4. Who told Lennie not to pet the puppies too much?
5. Who fights with Lennie at the end of Chapter 3?
6. Who used to sleep in George's bed in the bunkhouse?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An animal lover.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) An actor.
7. Whose dog is the one that smells?
(c) The boss'
8. Who does George confide in about what happened in Weed?
(c) The boss.
(d) Curley's wife.
9. What does Curley have inside the objective on his left hand?
(d) Nail polish.
10. What does Chapter 2 start off describing?
(b) The ranch's bunkhouse.
11. Who is mentally disabled?
12. Why did Aunt Clara stop giving Lennie mice?
(a) Because she got sick.
(b) Because he kept killing them.
(c) Because she died.
(d) Because she ran out.
13. Why did Lennie and George get run out of the last town they worked in prior to Chapter 1?
(a) Because George stole something.
(b) Because Lennie scared a girl.
(c) Because they needed new work.
(d) Because they robbed a bank.
14. Who kills the dog that stinks?
15. What mountains are visible in the area in Chapter 1?
(a) Santa Cruz.
(c) San Andreas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lennie when he did jumped into a river once?
2. Who hopes George and Lennie are placed on his barley bucking team?
3. Who does Curley think is having an affair with his wife?
4. Who has George known since childhood?
5. Why does Curley hate big men?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)