|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lennie ask George while they are eating near their fire in Chapter 1?
(a) Who Crooks is.
(b) What his last name is.
(c) Whether there will be different colors of rabbits.
(d) How far away their home is.
2. What did the boss buy everyone at the ranch for Christmas?
(a) A gift.
(b) A new set of coveralls.
(c) An entire gallon of whiskey.
(d) A new pair of boots.
3. Who is the old man in the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
4. What does Lennie carry in his pocket?
(b) A hammer.
(c) A dead mouse.
(d) A picture of his mother.
5. Who hopes George and Lennie are placed on his barley bucking team?
6. How many bunks are inside the bunkhouse?
7. Why did George and Lennie have to walk so far?
(a) They got lost.
(b) They wanted to.
(c) They decided to take the scenic route.
(d) The bus driver dropped them off at the wrong place.
8. Whose dog stinks?
9. Who kills the dog that stinks?
10. What happened in Weed?
(b) Lennie wanted to touch the red dress of a woman.
(c) George hurt another worker.
(d) Lennie killed a dog.
11. What is the setting of the story?
(a) Salinas, California.
(b) Weed, Arizona.
(c) San Diego, California.
(d) Santa Diaz, California.
12. Why does Lennie want to get to the ranch that evening in the first chapter?
(a) To sleep.
(b) To meet his boss.
(c) To get cleaned up.
(d) To eat.
13. Who wishes he had shot his dog himself?
14. Who does Curley think is having an affair with his wife?
15. Where did Lennie and George have to hide after Lennie scared a girl?
(a) In a bush.
(b) They didn't hide.
(c) In a bathroom.
(d) In an irrigation ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does George say the driver made them do?
2. What did George used to do to Lennie?
3. What mountains are visible in the area in Chapter 1?
4. Where were George and Lennie working before Chapter 1?
5. What happened to Lennie when he did jumped into a river once?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)