|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Lennie do when he lives in a house with George?
(a) Take care of rabbits.
(b) He will raise sheep.
(c) Clean and cook.
(d) Grow corn.
2. Who says he prefers prostitutes because he knows upfront how much it's going to cost him?
3. Who does Curley think is having an affair with his wife?
4. At what does George want to sit and look at in Chapter 1?
(a) The water.
(b) The trees.
(c) The sky.
(d) The animals.
5. Why does Lennie want to get to the ranch that evening in the first chapter?
(a) To sleep.
(b) To get cleaned up.
(c) To meet his boss.
(d) To eat.
6. What mountains are visible in the area in Chapter 1?
(a) San Andreas.
(d) Santa Cruz.
7. Who kills the dog that stinks?
8. Why does George want to wait until the morning to get to the ranch in Chapter 1?
(a) So they can see where they're going.
(b) So they can see a friend first.
(c) So he can rest.
(d) So it's not as hot.
9. Why did George and Lennie have to walk so far?
(a) They got lost.
(b) They decided to take the scenic route.
(c) They wanted to.
(d) The bus driver dropped them off at the wrong place.
10. What did Lennie do after jumping into a river once?
(a) He thanked George for saving his life.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He went to the hospital.
(d) He bought a house.
11. What did George and Lennie do as soon as it was dark on the day Lennie scared a woman?
(a) Went back to get their things.
(b) Ran out of town.
(c) Called the police.
(d) Turned themselves in .
12. What is Lennie holding as he walks in Chapter 1?
(a) A game.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A mouse.
13. What did George do to make Lennie let go of a woman he was holding?
(b) Told their boss.
(c) Yelled at him.
(d) Hit him over the head with a fence picket.
14. Who is a stocky man who wears blue jeans and a flannel shirt?
(c) The boss.
15. Who used to sleep in George's bed in the bunkhouse?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A doctor.
(c) An animal lover.
(d) An actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Slim call Lennie in Chapter 3?
2. What is Lennie doing when he comes into the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
3. Which man in Chapter 1 is huge and pale?
4. What were the men in Weed going to do to Lennie?
5. What does Curley have on his left hand?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)