|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Curley have on his left hand?
(a) A rubber band.
(b) A tattoo.
(c) A glove.
(d) A bracelet.
2. How does Candy describe the boss?
(a) A nice man, but he has a temper.
(b) An absent boss.
(c) A drunk.
3. Who does George confide in about what happened in Weed?
(b) Curley's wife.
(c) The boss.
4. Where are George and Lennie going to work in Chapter 1?
(a) At a factory.
(b) At their uncle's home.
(c) At an office.
(d) On a ranch.
5. What did the boss buy everyone at the ranch for Christmas?
(a) A new pair of boots.
(b) A gift.
(c) A new set of coveralls.
(d) An entire gallon of whiskey.
6. What is Lennie holding as he walks in Chapter 1?
(b) A game.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A magazine.
7. What does Slim call Lennie in Chapter 3?
8. How long does George think that it will take him to raise the money for his and Lennie's place?
(a) A year.
(b) Too long.
(c) Another month.
(d) Six months.
9. What is George doing throughout the scene in Chapter 2?
(b) Playing solitaire.
10. Which man in Chapter 1 is huge and pale?
11. What does George promise to get Lennie in Chapter 1?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A house.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A book.
12. What does Lennie carry in his pocket?
(a) A dead mouse.
(b) A hammer.
(d) A picture of his mother.
13. Who is not bright, but is a good worker?
14. What did George and Lennie do as soon as it was dark on the day Lennie scared a woman?
(a) Turned themselves in .
(b) Went back to get their things.
(c) Ran out of town.
(d) Called the police.
15. Who is the boss' son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is referred to as 'jail bait all set on the trigger'?
2. Who invites George to the whorehouse?
3. Whose dog is the one that smells?
4. Why did George and Lennie have to walk so far?
5. What is hanging right above the bunks in Chapter 2?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)