|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lennie say he should live?
(a) In Weed.
(b) In the hills by himself.
(c) Away from the ranch.
(d) In the city.
2. Who is called a 'tart'?
(d) Curley's wife.
3. Why is Lennie not smart, according to George?
(a) He was born that way.
(b) He plays stupid.
(c) He doesn't care what people think.
(d) He got kicked in the head by a horse.
4. What happened in Weed?
(b) Lennie wanted to touch the red dress of a woman.
(c) Lennie killed a dog.
(d) George hurt another worker.
5. Who wishes he had shot his dog himself?
6. Who does Curley think is having an affair with his wife?
7. Whose dog stinks?
8. In Chapter 2, why has Curley been worse in the last few weeks?
(a) He got married.
(b) He hasn't been worse.
(c) He doesn't like the other workers.
(d) He has gotten in trouble with the boss.
9. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
(d) Rio Grande.
10. Which man in Chapter 1 is huge and pale?
11. Why did Lennie and George get run out of the last town they worked in prior to Chapter 1?
(a) Because they robbed a bank.
(b) Because George stole something.
(c) Because they needed new work.
(d) Because Lennie scared a girl.
12. What does Slim call Lennie in Chapter 3?
13. In Chapter 3, who repeats the comment that Lennie is not bright, but is a good worker?
14. Who hopes George and Lennie are placed on his barley bucking team?
15. How did Lennie scare a girl in the last town he worked in prior to the beginning of the book?
(a) By killing her.
(b) By screaming at her.
(c) By stalking her.
(d) By holding on to her dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lennie do after jumping into a river once?
2. Who is capable of driving 20 mules with a single line?
3. What did George do to make Lennie let go of a woman he was holding?
4. Who does George confide in about what happened in Weed?
5. Where did George and Lennie hide when they left Weed?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)