Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is not bright, but is a good worker?
2. Where does Lennie say he should live?
(a) In the city.
(b) Away from the ranch.
(c) In the hills by himself.
(d) In Weed.
3. Where are George and Lennie going to work in Chapter 1?
(a) On a ranch.
(b) At a factory.
(c) At an office.
(d) At their uncle's home.
4. What does George tell Lennie he is glad of in Chapter 2?
(a) They're not cousins.
(b) They're brothers.
(c) They're alone.
(d) They're at the ranch.
5. What happened in Weed?
(a) Lennie killed a dog.
(b) Lennie wanted to touch the red dress of a woman.
(d) George hurt another worker.
6. For how much does George think he can buy a place?
7. What does Chapter 2 start off describing?
(b) The ranch's bunkhouse.
8. At the end of Chapter 1, what does George tell Lennie to do if he gets into trouble?
(a) To shoot himself.
(b) To tell George.
(c) To beat up the boss.
(d) To run to this place and hide in the brush.
9. Whose dog gave birth to nine puppies?
10. Who has George known since childhood?
11. Who is a stocky man who wears blue jeans and a flannel shirt?
(c) The boss.
12. What does Lennie carry in his pocket?
(b) A picture of his mother.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A dead mouse.
13. What happened to Lennie when he did jumped into a river once?
(a) He got bitten by a shark.
(b) He swam away.
(c) He nearly drowned.
(d) He found treasure.
14. What does Curley want to know from George in Chapter 2?
(a) Why he talks for Lennie.
(b) What he knows about ranching.
(c) What does he do for a living.
(d) Where he can get a new glove.
15. What did the previous occupant of George's bed in the bunkhouse keep at his bedside?
(a) A coffee cup.
(b) An iron rod.
(c) A rag.
(d) Bug poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does George take away what Lennie is holding in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Lennie want to get to the ranch that evening in the first chapter?
3. What did Lennie do after jumping into a river once?
4. What will Lennie do when he lives in a house with George?
5. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)