|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are George and Lennie going to work in Chapter 1?
(a) On a ranch.
(b) At their uncle's home.
(c) At an office.
(d) At a factory.
2. Why did Aunt Clara stop giving Lennie mice?
(a) Because he kept killing them.
(b) Because she got sick.
(c) Because she died.
(d) Because she ran out.
3. Whose dog gave birth to nine puppies?
4. Who kills the dog that stinks?
5. How long does George think that it will take him to raise the money for his and Lennie's place?
(a) Too long.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Another month.
6. Who told Lennie not to pet the puppies too much?
7. Who is capable of driving 20 mules with a single line?
8. Why does Lennie want to get to the ranch that evening in the first chapter?
(a) To eat.
(b) To get cleaned up.
(c) To meet his boss.
(d) To sleep.
9. Who does George confide in about what happened in Weed?
(c) Curley's wife.
(d) The boss.
10. Who hopes George and Lennie are placed on his barley bucking team?
11. Why did Lennie and George get run out of the last town they worked in prior to Chapter 1?
(a) Because they needed new work.
(b) Because Lennie scared a girl.
(c) Because George stole something.
(d) Because they robbed a bank.
12. Who does Curley think is having an affair with his wife?
13. Who used to sleep in George's bed in the bunkhouse?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) An actor.
(c) An animal lover.
(d) A doctor.
14. Which man in Chapter 1 is small, dark, and quick?
15. What does George warn Lennie will make him sick?
(a) The weather.
(b) The food.
(c) The sun.
(d) The water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lennie and George eat by the fire in Chapter 1?
2. Why is Lennie not smart, according to George?
3. For how much does George think he can buy a place?
4. Who is called a 'tart'?
5. Who is not bright, but is a good worker?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)