|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Lennie not to pet the puppies too much?
2. Who does George confide in about what happened in Weed?
(a) The boss.
(c) Curley's wife.
3. What did George do to make Lennie let go of a woman he was holding?
(a) Yelled at him.
(b) Told their boss.
(c) Hit him over the head with a fence picket.
4. What were the men in Weed going to do to Lennie?
(a) Arrest him.
(b) Drown him.
(c) Lynch him.
(d) Forgive him.
5. What does George tell Lennie to do when they are eating by the fire in Chapter 1?
(a) To hide in the ground.
(b) To walk in a circle.
(c) To stand up and leave.
(d) To look around and remember the place they are sitting.
6. Who does Curley think is having an affair with his wife?
7. How much work can Lennie generally accomplish?
(b) Depends on the job.
(c) More than two men.
(d) Half as much as anyone else.
8. Whose dog stinks?
9. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
(c) Rio Grande.
10. Which man in Chapter 1 is small, dark, and quick?
11. Why did Aunt Clara stop giving Lennie mice?
(a) Because she died.
(b) Because she got sick.
(c) Because she ran out.
(d) Because he kept killing them.
12. Who hopes George and Lennie are placed on his barley bucking team?
13. Why does George take away what Lennie is holding in Chapter 1?
(a) Because he hates Lennie.
(b) Because he wants to hold it.
(c) Because he thinks it's still alive.
(d) Because it's not clean.
14. What is Lennie holding as he walks in Chapter 1?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A game.
15. What does Chapter 2 start off describing?
(d) The ranch's bunkhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lennie do after jumping into a river once?
2. Who is the boss' son?
3. What will Lennie do when he lives in a house with George?
4. Who returns to the bunkhouse at dusk in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 2, why has Curley been worse in the last few weeks?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)