|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what does George want to sit and look at in Chapter 1?
(a) The sky.
(b) The animals.
(c) The trees.
(d) The water.
2. What is Lennie doing when he comes into the bunkhouse in Chapter 3?
(b) Holding a woman.
(c) Hiding the puppy.
(d) Playing solitaire.
3. Who invites George to the whorehouse?
4. How many bunks are inside the bunkhouse?
5. Who says he prefers prostitutes because he knows upfront how much it's going to cost him?
6. For how much does George think he can buy a place?
7. Who told Lennie not to pet the puppies too much?
8. What does Lennie always talk about?
9. What is hanging right above the bunks in Chapter 2?
(a) Apple boxes.
(b) The rules.
10. Where does Lennie say he should live?
(a) In the city.
(b) Away from the ranch.
(c) In the hills by himself.
(d) In Weed.
11. Who returns to the bunkhouse at dusk in Chapter 3?
(b) Lennie and George.
(c) Lennie and Candy.
(d) Slim and George.
12. Who used to sleep in George's bed in the bunkhouse?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An actor.
(c) An animal lover.
(d) A blacksmith.
13. In Chapter 2, what does George say he will find out?
(a) If they can get a raise.
(b) If they can afford the new house.
(c) If they can leave the ranch.
(d) If Lennie can have one of the puppies.
14. What does George warn Lennie will make him sick?
(a) The food.
(b) The water.
(c) The weather.
(d) The sun.
15. Who is the old man in the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did George do to make Lennie let go of a woman he was holding?
2. Who is called a 'tart'?
3. Which man in Chapter 1 is small, dark, and quick?
4. At the end of Chapter 1, what does George tell Lennie to do if he gets into trouble?
5. What were the men in Weed going to do to Lennie?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)