|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is George carrying for Lennie in Chapter 1?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A bottle of water.
(c) His work card.
(d) A rat.
2. Who is called a 'tart'?
(b) Curley's wife.
3. Why does George want to wait until the morning to get to the ranch in Chapter 1?
(a) So it's not as hot.
(b) So he can rest.
(c) So they can see where they're going.
(d) So they can see a friend first.
4. What does Lennie ask George while they are eating near their fire in Chapter 1?
(a) How far away their home is.
(b) Whether there will be different colors of rabbits.
(c) Who Crooks is.
(d) What his last name is.
5. Where did George and Lennie hide when they left Weed?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In an irrigation ditch.
(c) In an old barn.
(d) In the river.
6. Who is the boss' son?
7. What mountains are visible in the area in Chapter 1?
(a) San Andreas.
(b) Santa Cruz.
8. Why does Lennie want to get to the ranch that evening in the first chapter?
(a) To get cleaned up.
(b) To meet his boss.
(c) To sleep.
(d) To eat.
9. Who is not bright, but is a good worker?
10. Who is referred to as 'jail bait all set on the trigger'?
(c) Curley's wife.
11. Who kills the dog that stinks?
12. Whose dog gave birth to nine puppies?
13. What did George used to do to Lennie?
(a) Play jokes on him.
(b) Beat him up.
(c) Trip him when they were walking.
(d) Call him a different name.
14. Who wishes he had shot his dog himself?
15. Why did George and Lennie have to walk so far?
(a) They got lost.
(b) The bus driver dropped them off at the wrong place.
(c) They wanted to.
(d) They decided to take the scenic route.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George warn Lennie will make him sick?
2. How does Candy describe the boss?
3. Who returns to the bunkhouse at dusk in Chapter 3?
4. What does Curley have on his left hand?
5. How many bunks are inside the bunkhouse?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)