Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe the area of Soledad, California.
2. Describe the character of Lennie in the first scene of the novel.
3. Describe the character of George in the first scene of the novel.
4. What does George tell Lennie about the water in Chapter 1?
5. As Lennie and George are walking along as the book begnins, what does George complain about?
6. How could Lennie's mental state be described?
7. What does Lennie have in his pocket in Chapter 1?
8. What does George explain to Lennie as they are walking in the beginning of the book? What are they doing?
9. Where did Lennie and George work before this new job in Chapter 1?
10. Why don't George and Lennie go to the ranch the first night?
11. What does the ranch's bunkhouse look like?
12. What does Candy say to them when Lennie and George first arrive at the ranch?
13. What disturbs George when he looks at his bed's box shelf?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)