|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Crooks doing at the beginning and end of Chapter 4?
(a) He is humming.
(b) He is rubbing liniment on his back.
(c) He is playing solitaire.
(d) He is trying to escape.
2. What did George and Lennie do as soon as it was dark on the day Lennie scared a woman?
(a) Called the police.
(b) Went back to get their things.
(c) Ran out of town.
(d) Turned themselves in .
3. What does George promise to get Lennie in Chapter 1?
(a) A book.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A house.
(d) A puppy.
4. Who does George confide in about what happened in Weed?
(a) Curley's wife.
(d) The boss.
5. What do George and the other men decide to do with Lennie after his confrontation with Curley's wife?
(a) To give him a puppy.
(b) To give him a dress.
(c) To have him locked up.
(d) To lynch him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the old man in the bunkhouse in Chapter 2?
2. How many bunks are inside the bunkhouse?
3. What did George do to make Lennie let go of a woman he was holding?
4. Who has no friends?
5. How did Lennie scare a girl in the last town he worked in prior to the beginning of the book?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)