|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lennie want to get to the ranch that evening in the first chapter?
(a) To sleep.
(b) To eat.
(c) To meet his boss.
(d) To get cleaned up.
2. Why did Aunt Clara stop giving Lennie mice?
(a) Because she got sick.
(b) Because she died.
(c) Because she ran out.
(d) Because he kept killing them.
3. How does Candy describe the boss?
(b) A drunk.
(c) A nice man, but he has a temper.
(d) An absent boss.
4. Why did George and Lennie have to walk so far?
(a) They got lost.
(b) They wanted to.
(c) The bus driver dropped them off at the wrong place.
(d) They decided to take the scenic route.
5. About what time is it at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 1 p.m.
(d) 8 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does George say he will find out?
2. In Chapter 3, who repeats the comment that Lennie is not bright, but is a good worker?
3. Who is called a 'tart'?
4. Where did George and Lennie hide when they left Weed?
5. Who has been playing horseshoes with Crooks in Chapter 3?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)