|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lennie want to get to the ranch that evening in the first chapter?
(a) To eat.
(b) To meet his boss.
(c) To get cleaned up.
(d) To sleep.
2. Who invites George to the whorehouse?
3. How does Candy describe the boss?
(a) A nice man, but he has a temper.
(b) A drunk.
(c) An absent boss.
4. What did the previous occupant of George's bed in the bunkhouse keep at his bedside?
(a) A coffee cup.
(b) Bug poison.
(c) An iron rod.
(d) A rag.
5. What does Curley have on his left hand?
(a) A glove.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A rubber band.
(d) A tattoo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does George want to wait until the morning to get to the ranch in Chapter 1?
2. How did Lennie scare a girl in the last town he worked in prior to the beginning of the book?
3. Why is Lennie not smart, according to George?
4. Who hopes George and Lennie are placed on his barley bucking team?
5. What does Curley want to know from George in Chapter 2?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)