|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is George carrying for Lennie in Chapter 1?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A rat.
(c) His work card.
(d) A bottle of water.
2. At the end of Chapter 1, what does George tell Lennie to do if he gets into trouble?
(a) To tell George.
(b) To shoot himself.
(c) To beat up the boss.
(d) To run to this place and hide in the brush.
3. Which man in Chapter 1 is huge and pale?
4. What will Lennie do when he lives in a house with George?
(a) Take care of rabbits.
(b) Clean and cook.
(c) Grow corn.
(d) He will raise sheep.
5. What does George tell Lennie to do when they are eating by the fire in Chapter 1?
(a) To stand up and leave.
(b) To hide in the ground.
(c) To look around and remember the place they are sitting.
(d) To walk in a circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did George and Lennie have to walk so far?
2. What is the setting of the story?
3. What mountains are visible in the area in Chapter 1?
4. Who is mentally disabled?
5. Why does George want to wait until the morning to get to the ranch in Chapter 1?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)