|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which man in Chapter 1 is small, dark, and quick?
2. Why did Lennie and George get run out of the last town they worked in prior to Chapter 1?
(a) Because George stole something.
(b) Because they robbed a bank.
(c) Because they needed new work.
(d) Because Lennie scared a girl.
3. What does George tell Lennie to do when they are eating by the fire in Chapter 1?
(a) To hide in the ground.
(b) To walk in a circle.
(c) To stand up and leave.
(d) To look around and remember the place they are sitting.
4. What is the setting of the story?
(a) Salinas, California.
(b) Weed, Arizona.
(c) San Diego, California.
(d) Santa Diaz, California.
5. How did Lennie scare a girl in the last town he worked in prior to the beginning of the book?
(a) By killing her.
(b) By stalking her.
(c) By screaming at her.
(d) By holding on to her dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountains are visible in the area in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Lennie want to get to the ranch that evening in the first chapter?
3. What do Lennie and George eat by the fire in Chapter 1?
4. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
5. What does George warn Lennie will make him sick?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)