|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what does George want to sit and look at in Chapter 1?
(a) The sky.
(b) The trees.
(c) The water.
(d) The animals.
2. What is George carrying for Lennie in Chapter 1?
(a) A puppy.
(b) His work card.
(c) A bottle of water.
(d) A rat.
3. Where were George and Lennie working before Chapter 1?
4. How did Lennie scare a girl in the last town he worked in prior to the beginning of the book?
(a) By stalking her.
(b) By holding on to her dress.
(c) By screaming at her.
(d) By killing her.
5. What does Lennie carry in his pocket?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A dead mouse.
(d) A picture of his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which man in Chapter 1 is small, dark, and quick?
2. Why did George and Lennie have to walk so far?
3. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
4. What does George tell Lennie to do when they are eating by the fire in Chapter 1?
5. Why did Aunt Clara stop giving Lennie mice?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)