|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does George take away what Lennie is holding in Chapter 1?
(a) Because it's not clean.
(b) Because he wants to hold it.
(c) Because he thinks it's still alive.
(d) Because he hates Lennie.
2. Why did Lennie and George get run out of the last town they worked in prior to Chapter 1?
(a) Because Lennie scared a girl.
(b) Because they robbed a bank.
(c) Because they needed new work.
(d) Because George stole something.
3. Who is mentally disabled?
4. At what does George want to sit and look at in Chapter 1?
(a) The sky.
(b) The animals.
(c) The trees.
(d) The water.
5. What does Lennie always talk about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
2. Why does Lennie want to get to the ranch that evening in the first chapter?
3. What does George tell Lennie not to do with the boss?
4. Why did George and Lennie have to walk so far?
5. Where are George and Lennie going to work in Chapter 1?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)