|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does George want to wait until the morning to get to the ranch in Chapter 1?
(a) So it's not as hot.
(b) So they can see where they're going.
(c) So he can rest.
(d) So they can see a friend first.
2. What did the boss buy everyone at the ranch for Christmas?
(a) A new pair of boots.
(b) A gift.
(c) A new set of coveralls.
(d) An entire gallon of whiskey.
3. What does George tell Lennie to do when they are eating by the fire in Chapter 1?
(a) To walk in a circle.
(b) To stand up and leave.
(c) To hide in the ground.
(d) To look around and remember the place they are sitting.
4. At the end of Chapter 1, what does George tell Lennie to do if he gets into trouble?
(a) To beat up the boss.
(b) To run to this place and hide in the brush.
(c) To shoot himself.
(d) To tell George.
5. In Chapter 2, what does George say the driver made them do?
(a) Walk 10 miles.
(b) Pay the driver.
(c) End up at the wrong place.
(d) Drive the bus themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which man in Chapter 1 is small, dark, and quick?
2. Where are George and Lennie going to work in Chapter 1?
3. What is the river that runs through the story's setting?
4. What is hanging right above the bunks in Chapter 2?
5. What do Lennie and George eat by the fire in Chapter 1?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)