|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lennie carry in his pocket?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A dead mouse.
(c) A picture of his mother.
2. Where did George and Lennie hide when they left Weed?
(a) In an old barn.
(b) In the river.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In an irrigation ditch.
3. What did George do to make Lennie let go of a woman he was holding?
(a) Yelled at him.
(c) Told their boss.
(d) Hit him over the head with a fence picket.
4. Why does Crooks live where he does?
(a) Because he smells.
(b) Because he is black.
(c) Because he paid for his room.
(d) Because he wants a cleaner room.
5. What is the setting of the story?
(a) Weed, Arizona.
(b) Salinas, California.
(c) Santa Diaz, California.
(d) San Diego, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what time is it at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. How much work can Lennie generally accomplish?
3. What does Crooks hate about being on the ranch?
4. What does George promise to get Lennie in Chapter 1?
5. Why does a specific individual not want to work for Candy?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)