|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conflict over the trade took place between which two tribes?
2. Bradford states that two of the saddest incidents during this time too place on the ______ and Connecticut Rivers.
3. In the end, Allerton ended up _____ the majority of the items that did not belong to him.
4. Bradford comments about the ships that come to trade at the fort belonging to the:
5. It was said that the men soon became corrupted and ____.
Essay Topic 1
The appearance of Samoset and Squanto was a highly important event during the early days of Plymouth Plantation. Discuss the arrival of Samoset and Squanto. What caused the men to arrive at Plymouth Plantation? Why were Samoset and Squanto the ones chosen to approach? Who was the high ranking member of the tribe? To which tribe did the men belong? How did the men learn to speak English? What was the initial reaction by both sides during the first meeting? Was the meeting friendly? What happened next?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the founding, purpose, methods, and duties of the Separatist movement as it relates to the traditionally accepted religions of Europe and the Church of England at large.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Bradford chose to write the history of Plymouth Plantation in third person rather than in a first person account? Do you think Bradford was attempting to create an accurate historical document? What was the purpose of writing the account? What other accounts of Plymouth Plantation exist? Cite references and sources.
This section contains 1,419 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)