|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One letter stated that Allerton had gone so far with his treachery that there was no way ____ could be repaired.
2. Another man determined to cheat the Pilgrims was John ____.
3. On what date did the shipwreck occur?
4. Bradford states that two of the saddest incidents during this time too place on the ______ and Connecticut Rivers.
5. Bradford skips over some of the events, including the election of the new governor, Thomas ______, and the activities of Allerton.
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the difficulties faced by Winslow when he attempted to hire another minister for Plymouth Plantation?
2. What eventually happened to Weston?
3. Other than Weston, John Peirce also attempted to betray people in the colonies. Examine Peirce's actions.
4. Examine the distress over the growth of the colony and how it came about.
5. Discuss "The Strange Proceedings of Mr. Allerton."
6. Discuss Weston's actions after the failure of Weston Plantation.
7. The Pilgrims had trouble raising corn causing a shortage. Discuss Bradford's comments regarding the shortage.
8. Discuss the next conflict held between the Pilgrims and the French.
9. Allerton became even more corrupt as time went on Discuss Allerton's actions in England.
10. What happened to Massasoit during this time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were several times when Bradford discussed the immorality of the people at Plymouth Plantation. Discuss Bradford's concerns with the behavior of the people. Did Bradford consider them to be wicked, unschooled, or unprincipled? What was Bradford's issue with certain people on the Sabbath? What was the opinion of those back in England? What was recommended? What did Bradford do?
Essay Topic 2
There are many accounts of conflict between various Native American tribes. Discuss in detail at least three instances in which the Native Americans went to battle. Explain the circumstances, the battle, and the outcome.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the following groups: Mohicans, Pequot, Narragansett, Massachusetts, Pawtuxet, Sagamore, and Catawba.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)