|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the issues being suffered by the people of Plymouth Plantation at this time?
2. In the end, Allerton ended up _____ the majority of the items that did not belong to him.
3. Who managed to take over Weston's ruined plantation?
4. It was said that the men soon became corrupted and ____.
5. Another man determined to cheat the Pilgrims was John ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What eventually happened to Weston?
2. Discuss the next conflict held between the Pilgrims and the French.
3. Discuss the petition to settle the conflict between the Dutch and the French. Who was in charge of examining and approving it?
4. The Pilgrims had trouble raising corn causing a shortage. Discuss Bradford's comments regarding the shortage.
5. Examine the distress over the growth of the colony and how it came about.
6. Discuss the issues the Pilgrims had with the English regarding animal pelts.
7. Discuss Weston's actions after the failure of Weston Plantation.
8. What was the basis of the conflict regarding trade on the Kennebec and Connecticut Rivers?
9. The Pilgrims had their share of dealing with unscrupulous men. Discuss this problem.
10. Weston continues to plague the Pilgrims with his underhanded tactics. Examine Weston's next move.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bradford was elected governor of Plymouth Plantation 33 times. Discuss in detail the leadership of the colony, the position of governor, the responsibilities, and the election process. Was there anyone else that took as much responsibility as Bradford? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
After spending less than a year in Amsterdam, the Separatists had cause to move out of the city and to the town of Leyden. Discuss in detail the reasons for leaving Amsterdam. Was there one specific incident or reason for moving out of the city? If so, what was it? Was the entire group eager to go or was the decision made by a few? Were all of the Separatists in the city by that time? Why did they choose Leyden? How is Leyden described in the text? How long did the group stay in Leyden? How did the conditions compare to those in Amsterdam? What were the biggest differences? Were the Separatists more or less successful in Leyden in regards to rebuilding their church? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
There were several times when Bradford discussed the immorality of the people at Plymouth Plantation. Discuss Bradford's concerns with the behavior of the people. Did Bradford consider them to be wicked, unschooled, or unprincipled? What was Bradford's issue with certain people on the Sabbath? What was the opinion of those back in England? What was recommended? What did Bradford do?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)