|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many people died from the epidemic?
2. The thing that most concerned Bradford was the separation of which of the following:
3. Bradford details the shipwreck of which vessel?
4. What was the rank of John Stone?
5. The majority of the letters were filled with _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Massasoit during this time?
2. Hard times continued to plague the Plymouth. Discuss the resignation of Ralph Smith.
3. Weston continues to plague the Pilgrims with his underhanded tactics. Examine Weston's next move.
4. Discuss the petition to settle the conflict between the Dutch and the French. Who was in charge of examining and approving it?
5. Who were the Undertakers? What was their job?
6. There was a tremendous hurricane that struck the colony in the middle of August. Explain the severity of the hurricane as well as Bradford's comments.
7. The people at Weston's Plantation began to suffer from lack of food. Discuss Bradford's impression of the facts.
8. Discuss the issues the Pilgrims had with the English regarding animal pelts.
9. What was the basis of the conflict regarding trade on the Kennebec and Connecticut Rivers?
10. Other than Weston, John Peirce also attempted to betray people in the colonies. Examine Peirce's actions.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were several times when Bradford discussed the immorality of the people at Plymouth Plantation. Discuss Bradford's concerns with the behavior of the people. Did Bradford consider them to be wicked, unschooled, or unprincipled? What was Bradford's issue with certain people on the Sabbath? What was the opinion of those back in England? What was recommended? What did Bradford do?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the founding, purpose, methods, and duties of the Separatist movement as it relates to the traditionally accepted religions of Europe and the Church of England at large.
Essay Topic 3
Bradford was elected governor of Plymouth Plantation 33 times. Discuss in detail the leadership of the colony, the position of governor, the responsibilities, and the election process. Was there anyone else that took as much responsibility as Bradford? Explain.
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)