|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did the shipwreck occur?
2. Weston made a deal with the colonist to take a number of what type of animal pelts to England?
3. The conflict was eventually settled by governors Prence and _____.
4. One letter stated that Allerton had gone so far with his treachery that there was no way ____ could be repaired.
5. The majority of the letters were filled with _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Massasoit during this time?
2. Hard times continued to plague the Plymouth. Discuss the resignation of Ralph Smith.
3. Discuss the issues the Pilgrims had with the English regarding animal pelts.
4. Examine the distress over the growth of the colony and how it came about.
5. Weston continues to plague the Pilgrims with his underhanded tactics. Examine Weston's next move.
6. Examine the conflict between the Pequot and the Narragansett.
7. The Pilgrims were stuck once again by extensive illness. What was the cause?
8. The people at Weston's Plantation began to suffer from lack of food. Discuss Bradford's impression of the facts.
9. What were some of the difficulties faced by Winslow when he attempted to hire another minister for Plymouth Plantation?
10. Other than Weston, John Peirce also attempted to betray people in the colonies. Examine Peirce's actions.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Weston is painted as being the most unscrupulous man ever to deal with the Pilgrims. Who was Weston? What position did he hold at Plymouth Plantation? Was Weston involved before, during or after the move from the Netherlands? Explain. Why did Bradford consider Weston to be unscrupulous? Was there one particular action or event that gained Weston such a negative reputation? Explain. How did Weston's relationship with Plymouth Plantation end? What happened to Weston after he left the Plantation? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the following groups: Mohicans, Pequot, Narragansett, Massachusetts, Pawtuxet, Sagamore, and Catawba.
Essay Topic 3
There were several times when Bradford discussed the immorality of the people at Plymouth Plantation. Discuss Bradford's concerns with the behavior of the people. Did Bradford consider them to be wicked, unschooled, or unprincipled? What was Bradford's issue with certain people on the Sabbath? What was the opinion of those back in England? What was recommended? What did Bradford do?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)