|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bradford recounts the year 1623 The Sad Straits of ____'s men.
2. The Reverend Robinson died in which year?
3. Allerton had been given ____ to perform certain acts once he arrived in England.
4. Plymouth Plantation flourished. People began to spread out and soon it became necessary for the people to start their own ____.
5. The "sad straits" were caused by a lack of skills in the ability to _____ their goods.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Massasoit during this time?
2. What was the basis of the conflict regarding trade on the Kennebec and Connecticut Rivers?
3. Discuss the issues the Pilgrims had with the English regarding animal pelts.
4. Examine the conflict between the Pequot and the Narragansett.
5. What were some of the difficulties faced by Winslow when he attempted to hire another minister for Plymouth Plantation?
6. Discuss "The Strange Proceedings of Mr. Allerton."
7. Who were the Undertakers? What was their job?
8. The people at Weston's Plantation began to suffer from lack of food. Discuss Bradford's impression of the facts.
9. The Pilgrims had trouble raising corn causing a shortage. Discuss Bradford's comments regarding the shortage.
10. Allerton became even more corrupt as time went on Discuss Allerton's actions in England.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were several times when Bradford discussed the immorality of the people at Plymouth Plantation. Discuss Bradford's concerns with the behavior of the people. Did Bradford consider them to be wicked, unschooled, or unprincipled? What was Bradford's issue with certain people on the Sabbath? What was the opinion of those back in England? What was recommended? What did Bradford do?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast commonly accepted historical fact against the information provided in the book OF PLYMOUTH PLANTATION, 1620-1647 by William Bradford. Discuss possible discrepancies between accepted misconceptions and historical information as presented by Bradford. For example, modern society has painted a completely inaccurate picture of the first Thanksgiving. Choose at least five examples of misinformation.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the following groups: Mohicans, Pequot, Narragansett, Massachusetts, Pawtuxet, Sagamore, and Catawba.
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)