|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the man's trickery Bradford was still considered to be a savvy ____.
2. The population led to an excess of corn and ____.
3. The majority of the letters were filled with _____.
4. Which of the following disguised himself to trick Bradford into helping his bleak situation?
5. As a result of their weaknesses the colonists began to die from which of the folliowing:
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the next conflict held between the Pilgrims and the French.
2. What happened to Massasoit during this time?
3. Examine the continued presence of the Dutch and trade with the Pilgrims.
4. The Pilgrims were stuck once again by extensive illness. What was the cause?
5. Examine the conflict between the Pequot and the Narragansett.
6. The Pilgrims had trouble raising corn causing a shortage. Discuss Bradford's comments regarding the shortage.
7. Bradford talks about the letters received by Winslow, many of which held ridiculous complaints. Discuss at least some of the complaints.
8. Allerton became even more corrupt as time went on Discuss Allerton's actions in England.
9. The Pilgrims had their share of dealing with unscrupulous men. Discuss this problem.
10. Discuss the arrival of the Reverend Ralph Smith.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After spending less than a year in Amsterdam, the Separatists had cause to move out of the city and to the town of Leyden. Discuss in detail the reasons for leaving Amsterdam. Was there one specific incident or reason for moving out of the city? If so, what was it? Was the entire group eager to go or was the decision made by a few? Were all of the Separatists in the city by that time? Why did they choose Leyden? How is Leyden described in the text? How long did the group stay in Leyden? How did the conditions compare to those in Amsterdam? What were the biggest differences? Were the Separatists more or less successful in Leyden in regards to rebuilding their church? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
William Bradford's upbringing was somewhat unusual. Discuss the circumstances of Bradford's young life. What tragedy occurred when Bradford was a baby? Where was Bradford sent as a result? Who raised Bradford? What skills did Bradford learn as a child? What captured Bradford's attention and interest at age 12? How did it change Bradford's life? What would Bradford eventually be prompted to do? How did Bradford utilize his skills to better Plymouth Plantation? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
There are many accounts of conflict between various Native American tribes. Discuss in detail at least three instances in which the Native Americans went to battle. Explain the circumstances, the battle, and the outcome.
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)