|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Up until this time Bradford had stated that it would not be wise to ____ Weston.
2. The Revered entered into a partnership with which of the following:
3. Stone managed to get the governor of Virginia drunk and ended up absconding with _____ pounds worth of provisions.
4. The Pilgrims were saved, at least temporarily, when provisions arrived aboard which ship?
5. Weston's people objected not out of loyalty but out of fear of which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Weston's actions after the failure of Weston Plantation.
2. Weston continues to plague the Pilgrims with his underhanded tactics. Examine Weston's next move.
3. Examine the conflict between the Pequot and the Narragansett.
4. The Pilgrims were stuck once again by extensive illness. What was the cause?
5. There was a tremendous hurricane that struck the colony in the middle of August. Explain the severity of the hurricane as well as Bradford's comments.
6. The Pilgrims had trouble raising corn causing a shortage. Discuss Bradford's comments regarding the shortage.
7. Discuss the petition to settle the conflict between the Dutch and the French. Who was in charge of examining and approving it?
8. Who were the Undertakers? What was their job?
9. What was the basis of the conflict regarding trade on the Kennebec and Connecticut Rivers?
10. Discuss the next conflict held between the Pilgrims and the French.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a biography of Robert Cushman. Explain the relationship between Cushman and Bradford. Also examine the role of Cushman in the settlement of the Plymouth Plantation. Overall, was Cushman's involvement a help or hindrance? What were Cushman's accomplishments and/or follies?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast commonly accepted historical fact against the information provided in the book OF PLYMOUTH PLANTATION, 1620-1647 by William Bradford. Discuss possible discrepancies between accepted misconceptions and historical information as presented by Bradford. For example, modern society has painted a completely inaccurate picture of the first Thanksgiving. Choose at least five examples of misinformation.
Essay Topic 3
Examine in detail the relationship between William Bradford and William Brewster. When did the men meet? What was their relationship in the beginning? How did one influence the other? Was the relationship more mentor/student, colleagues or friends? Explain. Also explore their loyalty to the colony and one another.
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)