|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Governor feared that the separation would bring about _____.
2. It was not long until the colonists began to learn the ____ on the side of the Massachusetts.
3. The hire was supposed to cost ____ pound per month.
4. The man was known for being able to secure which of the following:
5. The ____ tribe was well known for having feuds with its neighbors.
Essay Topic 1
Bradford was elected governor of Plymouth Plantation 33 times. Discuss in detail the leadership of the colony, the position of governor, the responsibilities, and the election process. Was there anyone else that took as much responsibility as Bradford? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Bradford chose to write the history of Plymouth Plantation in third person rather than in a first person account? Do you think Bradford was attempting to create an accurate historical document? What was the purpose of writing the account? What other accounts of Plymouth Plantation exist? Cite references and sources.
Essay Topic 3
William Bradford's upbringing was somewhat unusual. Discuss the circumstances of Bradford's young life. What tragedy occurred when Bradford was a baby? Where was Bradford sent as a result? Who raised Bradford? What skills did Bradford learn as a child? What captured Bradford's attention and interest at age 12? How did it change Bradford's life? What would Bradford eventually be prompted to do? How did Bradford utilize his skills to better Plymouth Plantation? Explain.
This section contains 1,409 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)