|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weston is eventually called up on how many charges?
2. The "sad straits" were caused by a lack of skills in the ability to _____ their goods.
3. Which person finally returned from England with cargo including cattle and letters from England?
4. Who ordered Weston's arrest?
5. The Governor feared that the separation would bring about _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. The Pilgrims were stuck once again by extensive illness. What was the cause?
2. What eventually happened to Weston?
3. Discuss Weston's actions after the failure of Weston Plantation.
4. Hard times continued to plague the Plymouth. Discuss the resignation of Ralph Smith.
5. Bradford talks about the letters received by Winslow, many of which held ridiculous complaints. Discuss at least some of the complaints.
6. Discuss the next conflict held between the Pilgrims and the French.
7. Examine the distress over the growth of the colony and how it came about.
8. Allerton became even more corrupt as time went on Discuss Allerton's actions in England.
9. What were some of the difficulties faced by Winslow when he attempted to hire another minister for Plymouth Plantation?
10. The Pilgrims had trouble raising corn causing a shortage. Discuss Bradford's comments regarding the shortage.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bradford was elected governor of Plymouth Plantation 33 times. Discuss in detail the leadership of the colony, the position of governor, the responsibilities, and the election process. Was there anyone else that took as much responsibility as Bradford? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
William Bradford's upbringing was somewhat unusual. Discuss the circumstances of Bradford's young life. What tragedy occurred when Bradford was a baby? Where was Bradford sent as a result? Who raised Bradford? What skills did Bradford learn as a child? What captured Bradford's attention and interest at age 12? How did it change Bradford's life? What would Bradford eventually be prompted to do? How did Bradford utilize his skills to better Plymouth Plantation? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between the Pilgrims and Squanto evolved in some unexpected ways. Discuss the agreements the Pilgrims made with Squanto. What was Squanto's role at Plymouth Plantation? Did Squanto serve as a guide, instructor, liaison or something else? Explain. How did Squanto's role change over the years? What did Bradford mean when he stated that Squanto had become corrupt? In what ways did Squanto cheat the Pilgrims? What was Squanto's biggest contribution to the Plantation?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)