|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The population led to an excess of corn and ____.
2. Bradford details the shipwreck of which vessel?
3. Bradford details the activities between _____ and the church.
4. Who typically sent the important communications from England?
5. The Reverend Robinson died in which year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the Undertakers? What was their job?
2. Examine the conflict between the Pequot and the Narragansett.
3. What was the basis of the conflict regarding trade on the Kennebec and Connecticut Rivers?
4. The people at Weston's Plantation began to suffer from lack of food. Discuss Bradford's impression of the facts.
5. The Pilgrims had trouble raising corn causing a shortage. Discuss Bradford's comments regarding the shortage.
6. Examine the continued presence of the Dutch and trade with the Pilgrims.
7. Discuss "The Strange Proceedings of Mr. Allerton."
8. Allerton became even more corrupt as time went on Discuss Allerton's actions in England.
9. There was a tremendous hurricane that struck the colony in the middle of August. Explain the severity of the hurricane as well as Bradford's comments.
10. Other than Weston, John Peirce also attempted to betray people in the colonies. Examine Peirce's actions.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the following groups: Mohicans, Pequot, Narragansett, Massachusetts, Pawtuxet, Sagamore, and Catawba.
Essay Topic 2
The Separatists made the choice to leave Holland for America. In what year was the decision made? Why was it made? Who decided? Was there a particular event or incident that caused the Separatists to make the decision? How difficult was it to make the move from the Netherlands to America? How long did it take? Where did the Separatists get the financial aid and other support? Who was in charge of the accounts? What treachery did the Separatists encounter before and during the long voyage? Explain. How many people were involved in the transportation of the people? Who committed the most treacherous acts? How was the treachery handled by the Separatists? What was the outcome?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between the Pilgrims and Squanto evolved in some unexpected ways. Discuss the agreements the Pilgrims made with Squanto. What was Squanto's role at Plymouth Plantation? Did Squanto serve as a guide, instructor, liaison or something else? Explain. How did Squanto's role change over the years? What did Bradford mean when he stated that Squanto had become corrupt? In what ways did Squanto cheat the Pilgrims? What was Squanto's biggest contribution to the Plantation?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)