|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. It seemed that the people on one of the plantations were doomed from the start. Fortunately some of them were saved by which person?
2. Which of the following disguised himself to trick Bradford into helping his bleak situation?
3. Stone managed to get the governor of Virginia drunk and ended up absconding with _____ pounds worth of provisions.
4. In what year was Winslow elected as the new governor?
5. Plymouth Plantation flourished. People began to spread out and soon it became necessary for the people to start their own ____.
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the following groups: Mohicans, Pequot, Narragansett, Massachusetts, Pawtuxet, Sagamore, and Catawba.
Essay Topic 2
There were several times when Bradford discussed the immorality of the people at Plymouth Plantation. Discuss Bradford's concerns with the behavior of the people. Did Bradford consider them to be wicked, unschooled, or unprincipled? What was Bradford's issue with certain people on the Sabbath? What was the opinion of those back in England? What was recommended? What did Bradford do?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between the Pilgrims and Squanto evolved in some unexpected ways. Discuss the agreements the Pilgrims made with Squanto. What was Squanto's role at Plymouth Plantation? Did Squanto serve as a guide, instructor, liaison or something else? Explain. How did Squanto's role change over the years? What did Bradford mean when he stated that Squanto had become corrupt? In what ways did Squanto cheat the Pilgrims? What was Squanto's biggest contribution to the Plantation?
This section contains 1,419 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)