|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bradford discusses the events that happened before the ship landed at which location?
2. What was the name given to the people who believed in the basis and origin of the Christian religion?
3. What was the name of the high ranking Indian that approached the group for the first time?
4. The colony was going to be established in part to honor which of the following?
5. What was the name of the governor at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the role of Arthur Peach in the robbery and murder scandal.
2. Many of the Pilgrims became seriously ill or died during the first months in Plymouth. Discuss the death of their prominent leader at the time. Who took the man's place?
3. Examine the distress over the growth of the colony and how it came about.
4. Name at least one of the problems caused by Cromwell and the pirates while they remained at the plantation.
5. Discuss the issues the Pilgrims had with the English regarding animal pelts.
6. What eventually happened to Weston?
7. Explain how James Sherley and the Pilgrims ended their business partnership.
8. Explain the attitude and behavior of the Mayflower's crew during the voyage from Europe.
9. Explain the change in the monarchy when Queen Elizabeth I took the throne.
10. Who were the Undertakers? What was their job?
Essay Topic 1
Examine in detail the relationship between William Bradford and William Brewster. When did the men meet? What was their relationship in the beginning? How did one influence the other? Was the relationship more mentor/student, colleagues or friends? Explain. Also explore their loyalty to the colony and one another.
Essay Topic 2
The Separatists were at the mercy of the British monarchy before they went to Holland. Although the official policies never changed the behaviors of the monarchs varied widely. Discuss the official policy held by the church and monarchy regarding the Separatists. Compare and contrast the treatment of the Separatists under the rule of Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth I, and King James I. Which was the most tolerant? Which was responsible for the most amount of persecution? Also discuss who was in power when the Separatists officially formed and who was in power when they fled the country.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the following groups: Mohicans, Pequot, Narragansett, Massachusetts, Pawtuxet, Sagamore, and Catawba.
This section contains 2,156 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)