|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The country had recently been severely affected by which of the following?
2. Which was one of the common diseases that plagued the people?
3. During what month did the first Indian approach the settlement?
4. Which is not one of the topics mentioned in the conversation surrounding the topic?
5. The man was soon labeled as being ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Bradford recounts that the first foundation of the new government was created and put into place aboard the Mayflower. Discuss the events that prompted the design of the agreement.
2. Discuss the next step for the Separatists once they were all but forced out of Britain. What did the Monarchy think about the exodus?
3. Who was the next important native to visit the Pilgrims? Discuss the visit.
4. Discuss when the Separatists moved to Holland and what they found upon their arrival in Amsterdam.
5. Bradford quotes Socrates in regards to the treatment of the professors. What does Bradford say?
6. Explain the new reign of James I and the consequences for the Separatists.
7. Explain the role and purpose of the "professors." Also explain their role in the Church of England.
8. What was the newly formed identity of the professors?
9. Discuss the Narragansett Challenge.
10. How did the Church attempt to cater to the "heathens?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the founding, purpose, methods, and duties of the Separatist movement as it relates to the traditionally accepted religions of Europe and the Church of England at large.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the following leaders: Bradford, Brewster, and Standish. Which has the most experience in operating a colony or a similar type of entity? Which is the strongest leader?
Essay Topic 3
William Bradford's upbringing was somewhat unusual. Discuss the circumstances of Bradford's young life. What tragedy occurred when Bradford was a baby? Where was Bradford sent as a result? Who raised Bradford? What skills did Bradford learn as a child? What captured Bradford's attention and interest at age 12? How did it change Bradford's life? What would Bradford eventually be prompted to do? How did Bradford utilize his skills to better Plymouth Plantation? Explain.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)