|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Winslow elected as the new governor?
2. One of the things Allerton was supposed to do was to hire a ____.
(a) Farm manager.
(d) Agriculture specialist.
3. It was at this time Bradford learned about the illness of which person?
4. The governor of the plantation attempted to handle the situation with _____, an attempt that failed.
5. Which is not one of the issues being suffered by the people of Plymouth Plantation at this time?
(a) Lack of education.
(b) Taxation without Representation.
(c) Disregard of the Sabbath.
(d) Unclean water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Up until this time Bradford had stated that it would not be wise to ____ Weston.
2. The ship sank near which town?
3. The majority of the letters were filled with _____.
4. Bradford recounts the year 1623 The Sad Straits of ____'s men.
5. Winslow went to England to attempt to settle the accounts including the issues with the White ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. There was a tremendous hurricane that struck the colony in the middle of August. Explain the severity of the hurricane as well as Bradford's comments.
2. Discuss the next conflict held between the Pilgrims and the French.
3. Bradford talks about the letters received by Winslow, many of which held ridiculous complaints. Discuss at least some of the complaints.
4. The Pilgrims had their share of dealing with unscrupulous men. Discuss this problem.
5. Examine the distress over the growth of the colony and how it came about.
6. Examine the continued presence of the Dutch and trade with the Pilgrims.
7. Other than Weston, John Peirce also attempted to betray people in the colonies. Examine Peirce's actions.
8. Examine the conflict between the Pequot and the Narragansett.
9. Discuss the petition to settle the conflict between the Dutch and the French. Who was in charge of examining and approving it?
10. Weston continues to plague the Pilgrims with his underhanded tactics. Examine Weston's next move.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)