|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Weston sent after being convicted?
(a) New York.
2. It seemed that the people on one of the plantations were doomed from the start. Fortunately some of them were saved by which person?
3. There was a particularly large population growth in which area?
(a) Cape cod.
(d) Bay of Massachusetts.
4. It was said that the men soon became corrupted and ____.
5. The colonists were faced with a terrible ____ that struck in the middle of August.
(a) Hail storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end, Allerton ended up _____ the majority of the items that did not belong to him.
2. Approximately how many people died from the epidemic?
3. The ship sank near which town?
4. Winslow went to England to attempt to settle the accounts including the issues with the White ____.
5. The population led to an excess of corn and ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Massasoit during this time?
2. Discuss "The Strange Proceedings of Mr. Allerton."
3. The Pilgrims had their share of dealing with unscrupulous men. Discuss this problem.
4. Discuss the arrival of the Reverend Ralph Smith.
5. There was a tremendous hurricane that struck the colony in the middle of August. Explain the severity of the hurricane as well as Bradford's comments.
6. What was the basis of the conflict regarding trade on the Kennebec and Connecticut Rivers?
7. Discuss Weston's actions after the failure of Weston Plantation.
8. Other than Weston, John Peirce also attempted to betray people in the colonies. Examine Peirce's actions.
9. Discuss the petition to settle the conflict between the Dutch and the French. Who was in charge of examining and approving it?
10. Examine the conflict between the Pequot and the Narragansett.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)