|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The "sad straits" were caused by a lack of skills in the ability to _____ their goods.
2. Another plague swept through the area, this time throughout the Indian community. Out of 1000 Indians, approximately ___ survived.
3. Who typically sent the important communications from England?
4. This man had been a pastor in which Massachusetts city before moving to Plymouth?
(b) Cape May.
5. The colonists were faced with a terrible ____ that struck in the middle of August.
(a) Hail storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Another man determined to cheat the Pilgrims was John ____.
2. It was said that the men soon became corrupted and ____.
3. The conflict surrounded trading in an area that belonged to the _______Plantation.
4. Bradford details the shipwreck of which vessel?
5. How many pelts were taken to England?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the Undertakers? What was their job?
2. Examine the continued presence of the Dutch and trade with the Pilgrims.
3. Discuss the arrival of the Reverend Ralph Smith.
4. The Pilgrims were stuck once again by extensive illness. What was the cause?
5. Discuss Weston's actions after the failure of Weston Plantation.
6. What were some of the difficulties faced by Winslow when he attempted to hire another minister for Plymouth Plantation?
7. Discuss "The Strange Proceedings of Mr. Allerton."
8. What happened to Massasoit during this time?
9. Examine the conflict between the Pequot and the Narragansett.
10. Discuss the petition to settle the conflict between the Dutch and the French. Who was in charge of examining and approving it?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)