|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Governor feared that the separation would bring about _____.
(a) Lack of control over the people.
(c) The wrath of God.
(d) A breakdown in Indian relations.
2. It was at this time Bradford learned about the illness of which person?
3. Bradford details the shipwreck of which vessel?
(c) Little James.
(d) Edmund Fitzgerald.
4. The population led to an excess of corn and ____.
(b) Dairy products.
5. Which of the following disguised himself to trick Bradford into helping his bleak situation?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Winslow elected as the new governor?
2. Another plague swept through the area, this time throughout the Indian community. Out of 1000 Indians, approximately ___ survived.
3. It seemed that the people on one of the plantations were doomed from the start. Fortunately some of them were saved by which person?
4. Conflict over the trade took place between which two tribes?
5. Who managed to take over Weston's ruined plantation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the arrival of the Reverend Ralph Smith.
2. Other than Weston, John Peirce also attempted to betray people in the colonies. Examine Peirce's actions.
3. Hard times continued to plague the Plymouth. Discuss the resignation of Ralph Smith.
4. The Pilgrims were stuck once again by extensive illness. What was the cause?
5. The Pilgrims had trouble raising corn causing a shortage. Discuss Bradford's comments regarding the shortage.
6. Who were the Undertakers? What was their job?
7. The people at Weston's Plantation began to suffer from lack of food. Discuss Bradford's impression of the facts.
8. Bradford talks about the letters received by Winslow, many of which held ridiculous complaints. Discuss at least some of the complaints.
9. The Pilgrims had their share of dealing with unscrupulous men. Discuss this problem.
10. Weston continues to plague the Pilgrims with his underhanded tactics. Examine Weston's next move.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)