|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the things Allerton was supposed to do was to hire a ____.
(a) Farm manager.
(d) Agriculture specialist.
2. Allerton is referred to as being a _____ and unscrupulous man.
3. The Governor feared that the separation would bring about _____.
(a) A breakdown in Indian relations.
(c) The wrath of God.
(d) Lack of control over the people.
4. Up until this time Bradford had stated that it would not be wise to ____ Weston.
5. Weston's people objected not out of loyalty but out of fear of which of the following?
(d) Loss of Indian relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. It was at this time Bradford learned about the illness of which person?
2. Once again Weston was at the head of the troubles suffered by the Pilgrims when he denied the colonists their ______.
3. Instead of returning to New England with the person/object, Allerton opted to go to which British city?
4. One letter stated that Allerton had gone so far with his treachery that there was no way ____ could be repaired.
5. The man's plan was to do which of the following:
Short Essay Questions
1. What eventually happened to Weston?
2. What was the basis of the conflict regarding trade on the Kennebec and Connecticut Rivers?
3. The Pilgrims had trouble raising corn causing a shortage. Discuss Bradford's comments regarding the shortage.
4. Who were the Undertakers? What was their job?
5. The Pilgrims had their share of dealing with unscrupulous men. Discuss this problem.
6. Other than Weston, John Peirce also attempted to betray people in the colonies. Examine Peirce's actions.
7. Examine the conflict between the Pequot and the Narragansett.
8. Hard times continued to plague the Plymouth. Discuss the resignation of Ralph Smith.
9. Discuss the arrival of the Reverend Ralph Smith.
10. Weston continues to plague the Pilgrims with his underhanded tactics. Examine Weston's next move.
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)