|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bradford skips over some of the events, including the election of the new governor, Thomas ______, and the activities of Allerton.
2. Which of the following disguised himself to trick Bradford into helping his bleak situation?
3. Bradford details the activities between _____ and the church.
4. Which is not one of the issues being suffered by the people of Plymouth Plantation at this time?
(a) Unclean water.
(b) Lack of education.
(c) Disregard of the Sabbath.
(d) Taxation without Representation.
5. The hire was supposed to cost ____ pound per month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Up until this time Bradford had stated that it would not be wise to ____ Weston.
2. The Governor feared that the separation would bring about _____.
3. Allerton had been given ____ to perform certain acts once he arrived in England.
4. The colonists were faced with a terrible ____ that struck in the middle of August.
5. It seemed that the people on one of the plantations were doomed from the start. Fortunately some of them were saved by which person?
Short Essay Questions
1. Bradford talks about the letters received by Winslow, many of which held ridiculous complaints. Discuss at least some of the complaints.
2. Examine the conflict between the Pequot and the Narragansett.
3. Who were the Undertakers? What was their job?
4. Discuss the arrival of the Reverend Ralph Smith.
5. Discuss the petition to settle the conflict between the Dutch and the French. Who was in charge of examining and approving it?
6. The Pilgrims had their share of dealing with unscrupulous men. Discuss this problem.
7. What were some of the difficulties faced by Winslow when he attempted to hire another minister for Plymouth Plantation?
8. Other than Weston, John Peirce also attempted to betray people in the colonies. Examine Peirce's actions.
9. Discuss the next conflict held between the Pilgrims and the French.
10. The Pilgrims had trouble raising corn causing a shortage. Discuss Bradford's comments regarding the shortage.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)