|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Pilgrims were saved, at least temporarily, when provisions arrived aboard which ship?
2. Despite the man's trickery Bradford was still considered to be a savvy ____.
3. Allerton is referred to as being a _____ and unscrupulous man.
4. Which person finally returned from England with cargo including cattle and letters from England?
5. It was at this time Bradford learned about the illness of which person?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of year did the Dutch retreat to the fort to secure trade?
2. Once again Weston was at the head of the troubles suffered by the Pilgrims when he denied the colonists their ______.
3. The Governor feared that the separation would bring about _____.
4. Bradford refers to this time as having "some strange and remarkable ______."
5. The colonists were faced with a terrible ____ that struck in the middle of August.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Weston's actions after the failure of Weston Plantation.
2. Other than Weston, John Peirce also attempted to betray people in the colonies. Examine Peirce's actions.
3. Weston continues to plague the Pilgrims with his underhanded tactics. Examine Weston's next move.
4. Discuss "The Strange Proceedings of Mr. Allerton."
5. Discuss the petition to settle the conflict between the Dutch and the French. Who was in charge of examining and approving it?
6. The Pilgrims were stuck once again by extensive illness. What was the cause?
7. Who were the Undertakers? What was their job?
8. Examine the conflict between the Pequot and the Narragansett.
9. Bradford talks about the letters received by Winslow, many of which held ridiculous complaints. Discuss at least some of the complaints.
10. Discuss the issues the Pilgrims had with the English regarding animal pelts.
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)