|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of the people in the company died shortly after the development of the new government?
2. What type of church was formed by the group?
(a) Quaker church.
(b) Lutheran church.
(c) Pilgrim church.
(d) Separatist church.
3. The men claimed that they wanted to get away from "the persecutions of the heathen and their ______."
(b) Wicked ways.
4. Who was not among the group of people dedicated to taking on the responsibilities?
5. The people that signed the compact were loyal subjects of which monarch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which king took the place of the queen as the ruler of Britain?
2. Many people fled during the queen's rule and established themselves in which area?
3. The man was soon labeled as being ____.
4. During what month did the first Indian approach the settlement?
5. Which is not one of the initial items planted in the new colony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Separatists choose to go to Holland? What prompted the group to move ahead with the plan?
2. What was the purpose and the context of the pact made between Massasoit and the Pilgrims?
3. What gift did Massasoit leave behind for the Pilgrims? What was the purpose? How long did the arrangement last?
4. What does the text say about the poor, and sometimes fatal, treatment of those that dared to go up against the Church?
5. One of the first major conflicts in the colony had to do with the celebration of Christmas. Explain the incident and how it was resolved.
6. Discuss the next step for the Separatists once they were all but forced out of Britain. What did the Monarchy think about the exodus?
7. Discuss the first meeting between the Pilgrims and the Indians. Who were the first to make contact?
8. Bradford repeats a passage of the document, one which gives the basis of the new government as well as its aim and goals. What is the passage quoted?
9. Explain the period referred to as "The Starting Time."
10. Explain the attitude and behavior of the Mayflower's crew during the voyage from Europe.
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)