|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many points were mentioned in this decision?
2. Who arrived after these natives had visited the Puritans several times?
3. In 1607-1608 the newly formed group arranged for passage to which city?
4. The majority of the governmental issues were determined while the group was at which location?
(a) Sunday school services.
(b) At sea.
(c) Deacons' supper.
(d) Community meeting house.
5. What percentage of the people in the company died shortly after the development of the new government?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the new queen?
2. The person brought along how many people?
3. Which of the following men was one of the major players in arranging for the passage to the new location?
4. Which king took the place of the queen as the ruler of Britain?
5. Some people were even banished from their ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Separatists choose to go to Holland? What prompted the group to move ahead with the plan?
2. Explain the change in the monarchy when Queen Elizabeth I took the throne.
3. Discuss the next step for the Separatists once they were all but forced out of Britain. What did the Monarchy think about the exodus?
4. Explain the attitude and behavior of the Mayflower's crew during the voyage from Europe.
5. Discuss when the Separatists moved to Holland and what they found upon their arrival in Amsterdam.
6. How did the Church attempt to cater to the "heathens?"
7. Discuss the first meeting between the Pilgrims and the Indians. Who were the first to make contact?
8. One of the first major conflicts in the colony had to do with the celebration of Christmas. Explain the incident and how it was resolved.
9. Many of the Pilgrims became seriously ill or died during the first months in Plymouth. Discuss the death of their prominent leader at the time. Who took the man's place?
10. What gift did Massasoit leave behind for the Pilgrims? What was the purpose? How long did the arrangement last?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)