|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name given to the outspoken men of faith?
2. The settlers were typically split into two groups, the farmers and the ______.
3. The two groups decided it would be important to have which of the following:
4. Which was not one of the people who first left to go to the new city?
5. It was common for the punished to be removed of their ____.
(b) Public standing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective is used to describe the group's newly chosen city?
2. The man was soon labeled as being ____.
3. During what month did the first Indian approach the settlement?
4. The person brought along how many people?
5. How did Bradford refer to this new era?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused the Separatists to leave Amsterdam? Where did the group go?
2. Explain the role and purpose of the "professors." Also explain their role in the Church of England.
3. One of the first major conflicts in the colony had to do with the celebration of Christmas. Explain the incident and how it was resolved.
4. How did the Church attempt to cater to the "heathens?"
5. State at least one part of the purpose of the Mayflower Compact as well as the aim of the new government. What about the agreement may seem ironic?
6. Discuss the Narragansett Challenge.
7. Bradford repeats a passage of the document, one which gives the basis of the new government as well as its aim and goals. What is the passage quoted?
8. What was the newly formed identity of the professors?
9. Bradford recounts that the first foundation of the new government was created and put into place aboard the Mayflower. Discuss the events that prompted the design of the agreement.
10. Bradford quotes Socrates in regards to the treatment of the professors. What does Bradford say?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)