|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The text states that the new government would act "for the general good of the colony, unto which we promise all due _______ and obedience."
2. Which of the following prompted the organization of the documents?
(b) Calculated treachery.
(c) Mutinous speeches.
3. In what year did the signing take place?
4. What was the name given to the outspoken men of faith?
5. Which is not mentioned as a form of torture?
(a) The rack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "seceded" mean?
2. Which was not one of the people who first left to go to the new city?
3. Bradford discusses the events that happened before the ship landed at which location?
4. The group finally decided to move on once again. This time, they would go to _____.
5. Which king took the place of the queen as the ruler of Britain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Church attempt to cater to the "heathens?"
2. Bradford recounts that the first foundation of the new government was created and put into place aboard the Mayflower. Discuss the events that prompted the design of the agreement.
3. Explain the change in the monarchy when Queen Elizabeth I took the throne.
4. Discuss when the Separatists moved to Holland and what they found upon their arrival in Amsterdam.
5. Bradford quotes Socrates in regards to the treatment of the professors. What does Bradford say?
6. What gift did Massasoit leave behind for the Pilgrims? What was the purpose? How long did the arrangement last?
7. Discuss the first meeting between the Pilgrims and the Indians. Who were the first to make contact?
8. Many of the Pilgrims became seriously ill or died during the first months in Plymouth. Discuss the death of their prominent leader at the time. Who took the man's place?
9. What caused the Separatists to leave Amsterdam? Where did the group go?
10. State at least one part of the purpose of the Mayflower Compact as well as the aim of the new government. What about the agreement may seem ironic?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)