|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not one of the topics mentioned in the conversation surrounding the topic?
2. What was one of the main obstacles to going to the new city?
3. What word was often used to describe the new queen?
4. The colony was going to be established in part to honor which of the following?
(b) Native Americans.
(d) Gods of agriculture.
5. Which was not one of the people who first left to go to the new city?
Short Answer Questions
1. The people that signed the compact were loyal subjects of which monarch?
2. What occurred upon the arrival of the visitors?
3. The deaths occurred over what time period?
4. What was the name given to the outspoken men of faith?
5. Where did the group intend to settle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the newly formed identity of the professors?
2. One of the first major conflicts in the colony had to do with the celebration of Christmas. Explain the incident and how it was resolved.
3. Discuss the next step for the Separatists once they were all but forced out of Britain. What did the Monarchy think about the exodus?
4. Explain the change in the monarchy when Queen Elizabeth I took the throne.
5. Discuss the Narragansett Challenge.
6. State at least one part of the purpose of the Mayflower Compact as well as the aim of the new government. What about the agreement may seem ironic?
7. Explain the period referred to as "The Starting Time."
8. Explain the role and purpose of the "professors." Also explain their role in the Church of England.
9. Explain the attitude and behavior of the Mayflower's crew during the voyage from Europe.
10. Many of the Pilgrims became seriously ill or died during the first months in Plymouth. Discuss the death of their prominent leader at the time. Who took the man's place?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)