|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name given to the people who believed in the basis and origin of the Christian religion?
2. Which holiday has not been affected by the adoption of the traditions?
(c) Fourth of July.
3. Which was one of the common diseases that plagued the people?
4. Who accompanied the high ranking native?
5. Who was one of Robinson's main adversaries?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long would the agreement stay in effect?
2. Which king took the place of the queen as the ruler of Britain?
3. What word was often used to describe the new queen?
4. Which queen was responsible for some people being burned?
5. Some of the "heathens'" traditions were adopted as a sign of ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Bradford recounts that the first foundation of the new government was created and put into place aboard the Mayflower. Discuss the events that prompted the design of the agreement.
2. How did the Church attempt to cater to the "heathens?"
3. Many of the Pilgrims became seriously ill or died during the first months in Plymouth. Discuss the death of their prominent leader at the time. Who took the man's place?
4. Explain the role and purpose of the "professors." Also explain their role in the Church of England.
5. One of the first major conflicts in the colony had to do with the celebration of Christmas. Explain the incident and how it was resolved.
6. Discuss the first meeting between the Pilgrims and the Indians. Who were the first to make contact?
7. Bradford quotes Socrates in regards to the treatment of the professors. What does Bradford say?
8. Who was the next important native to visit the Pilgrims? Discuss the visit.
9. Why did the Separatists choose to go to Holland? What prompted the group to move ahead with the plan?
10. Discuss the next step for the Separatists once they were all but forced out of Britain. What did the Monarchy think about the exodus?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)