|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe the character of William Brewster?
2. What word was often used to describe the new queen?
3. Which holiday has not been affected by the adoption of the traditions?
(b) Fourth of July.
4. Who was one of Robinson's main adversaries?
5. In what year did the signing take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. It is said that ______ had subtler methods.
2. The person brought along how many people?
3. What was one of the main obstacles to going to the new city?
4. Which is not one of the topics mentioned in the conversation surrounding the topic?
5. Bradford claims that the treatment of those that do not obey the church is as evil as the persecution of early ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the new reign of James I and the consequences for the Separatists.
2. What caused the Separatists to leave Amsterdam? Where did the group go?
3. Bradford repeats a passage of the document, one which gives the basis of the new government as well as its aim and goals. What is the passage quoted?
4. How did some people justify the torture and murder of the professors? What became of the survivors?
5. Discuss the Narragansett Challenge.
6. What gift did Massasoit leave behind for the Pilgrims? What was the purpose? How long did the arrangement last?
7. Explain the change in the monarchy when Queen Elizabeth I took the throne.
8. What was the purpose and the context of the pact made between Massasoit and the Pilgrims?
9. Discuss when the Separatists moved to Holland and what they found upon their arrival in Amsterdam.
10. Explain the role and purpose of the "professors." Also explain their role in the Church of England.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)