|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item(s) had been confiscated by the ship's crew?
2. Who was not among the group of people dedicated to taking on the responsibilities?
3. Which adjective best describes the behavior of the crew aboard the Mayflower?
4. What percentage of the people in the company died shortly after the development of the new government?
5. Some people were even banished from their ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the new governor's assistant?
2. The men claimed that they wanted to get away from "the persecutions of the heathen and their ______."
3. The people that signed the compact were loyal subjects of which monarch?
4. The group decided to leave the city and relocate to which area?
5. Who accompanied the high ranking native?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the first meeting between the Pilgrims and the Indians. Who were the first to make contact?
2. How did the Church attempt to cater to the "heathens?"
3. Explain the new reign of James I and the consequences for the Separatists.
4. Explain the period referred to as "The Starting Time."
5. Bradford repeats a passage of the document, one which gives the basis of the new government as well as its aim and goals. What is the passage quoted?
6. What was the newly formed identity of the professors?
7. Discuss when the Separatists moved to Holland and what they found upon their arrival in Amsterdam.
8. Bradford quotes Socrates in regards to the treatment of the professors. What does Bradford say?
9. Explain the attitude and behavior of the Mayflower's crew during the voyage from Europe.
10. Discuss the next step for the Separatists once they were all but forced out of Britain. What did the Monarchy think about the exodus?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)