|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was chosen to act as the new governor?
2. Which is not one of the initial items planted in the new colony?
3. Which is not mentioned as a form of torture?
(b) The rack.
4. During this time the ____ were being closely watched.
(a) Train stations.
5. Which king took the place of the queen as the ruler of Britain?
(a) James I.
(b) Henry V.
(c) Edward III.
(d) Charles I.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man was soon labeled as being ____.
2. The majority of the governmental issues were determined while the group was at which location?
3. What was the rank of the high ranking Indian?
4. Within ____ the new arrivals had fallen out of good graces with the church.
5. What was the name of the governor at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the difficulties faced by Winslow when he attempted to hire another minister for Plymouth Plantation?
2. Discuss the next step for the Separatists once they were all but forced out of Britain. What did the Monarchy think about the exodus?
3. Describe the conflict and controversy surrounding the work of Charles Chauncy.
4. What was the basis of the conflict regarding trade on the Kennebec and Connecticut Rivers?
5. Name at least one of the problems caused by Cromwell and the pirates while they remained at the plantation.
6. Bradford recounts that the first foundation of the new government was created and put into place aboard the Mayflower. Discuss the events that prompted the design of the agreement.
7. Bradford quotes Socrates in regards to the treatment of the professors. What does Bradford say?
8. What became of Edward Winslow?
9. How did some people justify the torture and murder of the professors? What became of the survivors?
10. The Pilgrims had trouble raising corn causing a shortage. Discuss Bradford's comments regarding the shortage.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)