|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person brought along how many people?
2. Which was not one of the people who first left to go to the new city?
3. In what year did the signing take place?
4. It is said that ______ had subtler methods.
(a) The king.
(c) The Pope.
5. Some people were even banished from their ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name given to the outspoken men of faith?
2. The man complained of which of the following the day before he died?
3. The text states that the new government would act "for the general good of the colony, unto which we promise all due _______ and obedience."
4. What did many of those people do when a new queen took the throne?
5. What was the name of the new queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the purpose and the context of the pact made between Massasoit and the Pilgrims?
2. One of the first major conflicts in the colony had to do with the celebration of Christmas. Explain the incident and how it was resolved.
3. What gift did Massasoit leave behind for the Pilgrims? What was the purpose? How long did the arrangement last?
4. Discuss the next step for the Separatists once they were all but forced out of Britain. What did the Monarchy think about the exodus?
5. Discuss the first meeting between the Pilgrims and the Indians. Who were the first to make contact?
6. Bradford recounts that the first foundation of the new government was created and put into place aboard the Mayflower. Discuss the events that prompted the design of the agreement.
7. What does the text say about the poor, and sometimes fatal, treatment of those that dared to go up against the Church?
8. Explain the role and purpose of the "professors." Also explain their role in the Church of England.
9. Explain the period referred to as "The Starting Time."
10. Discuss when the Separatists moved to Holland and what they found upon their arrival in Amsterdam.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)