|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which was one of the common diseases that plagued the people?
2. It was common for the punished to be removed of their ____.
(b) Public standing.
3. Bradford discusses the events that happened before the ship landed at which location?
(c) New York.
(d) Cape Cod.
4. What percentage of the people in the company died shortly after the development of the new government?
5. The colony was going to be established in part to honor which of the following?
(b) Native Americans.
(d) Gods of agriculture.
Short Answer Questions
1. The person brought along how many people?
2. The group decided to leave the city and relocate to which area?
3. Some people were even banished from their ____.
4. Which king took the place of the queen as the ruler of Britain?
5. What word is used to describe the character of William Brewster?
Short Essay Questions
1. Bradford quotes Socrates in regards to the treatment of the professors. What does Bradford say?
2. What does the text say about the poor, and sometimes fatal, treatment of those that dared to go up against the Church?
3. State at least one part of the purpose of the Mayflower Compact as well as the aim of the new government. What about the agreement may seem ironic?
4. How did some people justify the torture and murder of the professors? What became of the survivors?
5. What was the newly formed identity of the professors?
6. Discuss when the Separatists moved to Holland and what they found upon their arrival in Amsterdam.
7. How did the Church attempt to cater to the "heathens?"
8. What caused the Separatists to leave Amsterdam? Where did the group go?
9. What was the purpose and the context of the pact made between Massasoit and the Pilgrims?
10. Who was the next important native to visit the Pilgrims? Discuss the visit.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)