|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some people were even banished from their ____.
2. How long would the agreement stay in effect?
(a) 18 years.
(b) 39 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 24 years.
3. What were the names of the first people married in the new colony?
(a) James and Felicity.
(b) John and Elspeth.
(c) Edward and Susannah.
(d) William and Mary.
4. Bradford discusses the events that happened before the ship landed at which location?
(a) New York.
(d) Cape Cod.
5. Which adjective best describes the behavior of the crew aboard the Mayflower?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was not among the group of people dedicated to taking on the responsibilities?
2. Bradford claims that the treatment of those that do not obey the church is as evil as the persecution of early ____.
3. What did many of those people do when a new queen took the throne?
4. The man continually tried to involve Robinson in what kind of activity?
5. What was the name of the governor at this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the Narragansett Challenge.
2. State at least one part of the purpose of the Mayflower Compact as well as the aim of the new government. What about the agreement may seem ironic?
3. Discuss the first meeting between the Pilgrims and the Indians. Who were the first to make contact?
4. Explain the role and purpose of the "professors." Also explain their role in the Church of England.
5. Who was the next important native to visit the Pilgrims? Discuss the visit.
6. Many of the Pilgrims became seriously ill or died during the first months in Plymouth. Discuss the death of their prominent leader at the time. Who took the man's place?
7. What was the newly formed identity of the professors?
8. Explain the change in the monarchy when Queen Elizabeth I took the throne.
9. Discuss when the Separatists moved to Holland and what they found upon their arrival in Amsterdam.
10. One of the first major conflicts in the colony had to do with the celebration of Christmas. Explain the incident and how it was resolved.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)