|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men claimed that they wanted to get away from "the persecutions of the heathen and their ______."
(c) Wicked ways.
2. What was the name of the new queen?
(c) Elizabeth I.
3. Who was not among the group of people dedicated to taking on the responsibilities?
4. Which queen was responsible for some people being burned?
(b) Elizabeth I.
5. It is said that ______ had subtler methods.
(a) The king.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the high ranking Indian that approached the group for the first time?
2. The man complained of which of the following the day before he died?
3. The text states that the new government would act "for the general good of the colony, unto which we promise all due _______ and obedience."
4. During this time the ____ were being closely watched.
5. The majority of the governmental issues were determined while the group was at which location?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the new reign of James I and the consequences for the Separatists.
2. What became of Edward Winslow?
3. Other than Weston, John Peirce also attempted to betray people in the colonies. Examine Peirce's actions.
4. State at least one part of the purpose of the Mayflower Compact as well as the aim of the new government. What about the agreement may seem ironic?
5. What was the purpose and the context of the pact made between Massasoit and the Pilgrims?
6. Discuss the next step for the Separatists once they were all but forced out of Britain. What did the Monarchy think about the exodus?
7. What is the general opinion of historians regarding OF PLYMOUTH PLANTATION, 1620-1647 by William Bradford?
8. What were some of the difficulties faced by Winslow when he attempted to hire another minister for Plymouth Plantation?
9. Discuss the petition to settle the conflict between the Dutch and the French. Who was in charge of examining and approving it?
10. What was the purpose of the meeting held in Boston on July 28, 1645?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)