|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanied the high ranking native?
2. What was the name given to the people who believed in the basis and origin of the Christian religion?
3. Which was one of the common diseases that plagued the people?
4. The Dutch viewed the group as being which of the following?
5. The people that signed the compact were loyal subjects of which monarch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of the people in the company died shortly after the development of the new government?
2. Many people fled during the queen's rule and established themselves in which area?
3. During this time the ____ were being closely watched.
4. The man was soon labeled as being ____.
5. What does the word "seceded" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Separatists choose to go to Holland? What prompted the group to move ahead with the plan?
2. Bradford repeats a passage of the document, one which gives the basis of the new government as well as its aim and goals. What is the passage quoted?
3. Bradford quotes Socrates in regards to the treatment of the professors. What does Bradford say?
4. Explain the attitude and behavior of the Mayflower's crew during the voyage from Europe.
5. What gift did Massasoit leave behind for the Pilgrims? What was the purpose? How long did the arrangement last?
6. State at least one part of the purpose of the Mayflower Compact as well as the aim of the new government. What about the agreement may seem ironic?
7. What caused the Separatists to leave Amsterdam? Where did the group go?
8. Discuss the Narragansett Challenge.
9. Who was the next important native to visit the Pilgrims? Discuss the visit.
10. How did some people justify the torture and murder of the professors? What became of the survivors?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)