|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this time the ____ were being closely watched.
(b) Train stations.
2. Where did the group intend to settle?
(a) Western Virginia.
(b) Northern Virginia.
(c) Central Virginia.
(d) Eastern Virginia.
3. What was the name of the document signed by the Puritans?
(a) Marshall Plan.
(b) Mayflower Compact.
(c) Plymouth Constitution.
(d) Magna Carta.
4. The text states that the new government would act "for the general good of the colony, unto which we promise all due _______ and obedience."
5. Which king took the place of the queen as the ruler of Britain?
(a) James I.
(b) Edward III.
(c) Henry V.
(d) Charles I.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many people fled during the queen's rule and established themselves in which area?
2. In what year did the signing take place?
3. How many points were mentioned in this decision?
4. The group decided to leave the city and relocate to which area?
5. What item(s) had been confiscated by the ship's crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift did Massasoit leave behind for the Pilgrims? What was the purpose? How long did the arrangement last?
2. Explain the attitude and behavior of the Mayflower's crew during the voyage from Europe.
3. Bradford quotes Socrates in regards to the treatment of the professors. What does Bradford say?
4. Explain the period referred to as "The Starting Time."
5. What was the purpose and the context of the pact made between Massasoit and the Pilgrims?
6. How did the Church attempt to cater to the "heathens?"
7. Who was the next important native to visit the Pilgrims? Discuss the visit.
8. Discuss when the Separatists moved to Holland and what they found upon their arrival in Amsterdam.
9. How did some people justify the torture and murder of the professors? What became of the survivors?
10. Explain the new reign of James I and the consequences for the Separatists.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)