|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bradford claims that the treatment of those that do not obey the church is as evil as the persecution of early ____.
2. What item(s) had been confiscated by the ship's crew?
3. Which queen was responsible for some people being burned?
(a) Elizabeth I.
4. The majority of the governmental issues were determined while the group was at which location?
(a) Sunday school services.
(b) At sea.
(c) Community meeting house.
(d) Deacons' supper.
5. Bradford quotes which famous philosopher?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was not among the group of people dedicated to taking on the responsibilities?
2. Many people fled during the queen's rule and established themselves in which area?
3. Which of the following prompted the organization of the documents?
4. What was the name of the new queen?
5. The man complained of which of the following the day before he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the next step for the Separatists once they were all but forced out of Britain. What did the Monarchy think about the exodus?
2. Bradford recounts that the first foundation of the new government was created and put into place aboard the Mayflower. Discuss the events that prompted the design of the agreement.
3. Discuss the Narragansett Challenge.
4. Bradford quotes Socrates in regards to the treatment of the professors. What does Bradford say?
5. Explain the change in the monarchy when Queen Elizabeth I took the throne.
6. Many of the Pilgrims became seriously ill or died during the first months in Plymouth. Discuss the death of their prominent leader at the time. Who took the man's place?
7. What gift did Massasoit leave behind for the Pilgrims? What was the purpose? How long did the arrangement last?
8. Why did the Separatists choose to go to Holland? What prompted the group to move ahead with the plan?
9. How did the Church attempt to cater to the "heathens?"
10. Explain the attitude and behavior of the Mayflower's crew during the voyage from Europe.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)