|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following prompted the organization of the documents?
(b) Calculated treachery.
(c) Mutinous speeches.
2. It is said that ______ had subtler methods.
(a) The king.
(c) The Pope.
3. Where did the group intend to settle?
(a) Central Virginia.
(b) Western Virginia.
(c) Northern Virginia.
(d) Eastern Virginia.
4. What was the name of the document signed by the Puritans?
(a) Marshall Plan.
(b) Magna Carta.
(c) Mayflower Compact.
(d) Plymouth Constitution.
5. Who was not among the group of people dedicated to taking on the responsibilities?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1607-1608 the newly formed group arranged for passage to which city?
2. What was the name of the group after it broke off from the established church?
3. The man complained of which of the following the day before he died?
4. It was common for the punished to be removed of their ____.
5. Bradford claims that the treatment of those that do not obey the church is as evil as the persecution of early ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the newly formed identity of the professors?
2. One of the first major conflicts in the colony had to do with the celebration of Christmas. Explain the incident and how it was resolved.
3. Bradford repeats a passage of the document, one which gives the basis of the new government as well as its aim and goals. What is the passage quoted?
4. Discuss the Narragansett Challenge.
5. Explain the attitude and behavior of the Mayflower's crew during the voyage from Europe.
6. What was the purpose and the context of the pact made between Massasoit and the Pilgrims?
7. What gift did Massasoit leave behind for the Pilgrims? What was the purpose? How long did the arrangement last?
8. How did some people justify the torture and murder of the professors? What became of the survivors?
9. Why did the Separatists choose to go to Holland? What prompted the group to move ahead with the plan?
10. Explain the role and purpose of the "professors." Also explain their role in the Church of England.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)