|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following prompted the organization of the documents?
(a) Mutinous speeches.
(d) Calculated treachery.
2. Within ____ the new arrivals had fallen out of good graces with the church.
(a) 6 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 18 months.
3. The group decided to leave the city and relocate to which area?
4. The settlers were typically split into two groups, the farmers and the ______.
5. Which is not mentioned as a form of torture?
(c) The rack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item(s) had been confiscated by the ship's crew?
2. What word is used to describe the character of William Brewster?
3. In what year did the signing take place?
4. Many people fled during the queen's rule and established themselves in which area?
5. Who was not among the group of people dedicated to taking on the responsibilities?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the Narragansett Challenge.
2. Discuss the first meeting between the Pilgrims and the Indians. Who were the first to make contact?
3. Bradford recounts that the first foundation of the new government was created and put into place aboard the Mayflower. Discuss the events that prompted the design of the agreement.
4. Many of the Pilgrims became seriously ill or died during the first months in Plymouth. Discuss the death of their prominent leader at the time. Who took the man's place?
5. Discuss the next step for the Separatists once they were all but forced out of Britain. What did the Monarchy think about the exodus?
6. What was the purpose and the context of the pact made between Massasoit and the Pilgrims?
7. One of the first major conflicts in the colony had to do with the celebration of Christmas. Explain the incident and how it was resolved.
8. What caused the Separatists to leave Amsterdam? Where did the group go?
9. Explain the change in the monarchy when Queen Elizabeth I took the throne.
10. Explain the new reign of James I and the consequences for the Separatists.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)