|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some of the "heathens'" traditions were adopted as a sign of ____.
2. Which holiday has not been affected by the adoption of the traditions?
(b) Fourth of July.
3. Which of the following prompted the organization of the documents?
(c) Mutinous speeches.
(d) Calculated treachery.
4. Many people fled during the queen's rule and established themselves in which area?
(c) Low Countries.
5. Which queen was responsible for some people being burned?
(b) Elizabeth I.
Short Answer Questions
1. The country had recently been severely affected by which of the following?
2. It is said that ______ had subtler methods.
3. The two groups decided it would be important to have which of the following:
4. The people that signed the compact were loyal subjects of which monarch?
5. Who was chosen to act as the new governor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the period referred to as "The Starting Time."
2. Discuss when the Separatists moved to Holland and what they found upon their arrival in Amsterdam.
3. Explain the new reign of James I and the consequences for the Separatists.
4. Discuss the first meeting between the Pilgrims and the Indians. Who were the first to make contact?
5. What caused the Separatists to leave Amsterdam? Where did the group go?
6. What does the text say about the poor, and sometimes fatal, treatment of those that dared to go up against the Church?
7. How did some people justify the torture and murder of the professors? What became of the survivors?
8. What was the purpose and the context of the pact made between Massasoit and the Pilgrims?
9. Many of the Pilgrims became seriously ill or died during the first months in Plymouth. Discuss the death of their prominent leader at the time. Who took the man's place?
10. Explain the change in the monarchy when Queen Elizabeth I took the throne.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)