|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The settlers were typically split into two groups, the farmers and the ______.
2. What item(s) had been confiscated by the ship's crew?
3. The majority of the governmental issues were determined while the group was at which location?
(a) Deacons' supper.
(b) Sunday school services.
(c) Community meeting house.
(d) At sea.
4. During what month did the first Indian approach the settlement?
5. The colony was going to be established in part to honor which of the following?
(b) Gods of agriculture.
(c) Native Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was not among the group of people dedicated to taking on the responsibilities?
2. Which of the following men was one of the major players in arranging for the passage to the new location?
3. What was the name of the new queen?
4. Some people were even banished from their ____.
5. What word is used to describe the character of William Brewster?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the next step for the Separatists once they were all but forced out of Britain. What did the Monarchy think about the exodus?
2. Discuss the first meeting between the Pilgrims and the Indians. Who were the first to make contact?
3. Explain the period referred to as "The Starting Time."
4. How did some people justify the torture and murder of the professors? What became of the survivors?
5. Bradford quotes Socrates in regards to the treatment of the professors. What does Bradford say?
6. Who was the next important native to visit the Pilgrims? Discuss the visit.
7. Discuss when the Separatists moved to Holland and what they found upon their arrival in Amsterdam.
8. Many of the Pilgrims became seriously ill or died during the first months in Plymouth. Discuss the death of their prominent leader at the time. Who took the man's place?
9. What was the newly formed identity of the professors?
10. Why did the Separatists choose to go to Holland? What prompted the group to move ahead with the plan?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)