Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which adjective best describes the behavior of the crew aboard the Mayflower?
2. Who arrived after these natives had visited the Puritans several times?
3. Where did the group intend to settle?
(a) Central Virginia.
(b) Western Virginia.
(c) Eastern Virginia.
(d) Northern Virginia.
4. What was the name given to the outspoken men of faith?
5. What word is used to describe the character of William Brewster?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the group after it broke off from the established church?
2. What item(s) had been confiscated by the ship's crew?
3. What was the name given to the people who believed in the basis and origin of the Christian religion?
4. The man was soon labeled as being ____.
5. How long would the agreement stay in effect?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the Pequot's failed negotiations with the Narragansett.
2. Hard times continued to plague the Plymouth. Discuss the resignation of Ralph Smith.
3. What were some of the difficulties faced by Winslow when he attempted to hire another minister for Plymouth Plantation?
4. What eventually happened to Weston?
5. Bradford talks about the letters received by Winslow, many of which held ridiculous complaints. Discuss at least some of the complaints.
6. Why did the Separatists choose to go to Holland? What prompted the group to move ahead with the plan?
7. Many of the Pilgrims became seriously ill or died during the first months in Plymouth. Discuss the death of their prominent leader at the time. Who took the man's place?
8. Explain the period referred to as "The Starting Time."
9. Weston continues to plague the Pilgrims with his underhanded tactics. Examine Weston's next move.
10. What became of Edward Winslow?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)