|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man was soon labeled as being ____.
2. The majority of the governmental issues were determined while the group was at which location?
(a) Community meeting house.
(b) At sea.
(c) Deacons' supper.
(d) Sunday school services.
3. What type of church was formed by the group?
(a) Lutheran church.
(b) Quaker church.
(c) Pilgrim church.
(d) Separatist church.
4. What was the rank of the high ranking Indian?
(b) Medicine man.
(c) Head visitor.
5. The colony was going to be established in part to honor which of the following?
(a) Native Americans.
(c) Gods of agriculture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which king took the place of the queen as the ruler of Britain?
2. What was the name given to the people who believed in the basis and origin of the Christian religion?
3. Which was not one of the people who first left to go to the new city?
4. Where did the group intend to settle?
5. Bradford discusses the events that happened before the ship landed at which location?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the petition to settle the conflict between the Dutch and the French. Who was in charge of examining and approving it?
2. Discuss "The Strange Proceedings of Mr. Allerton."
3. Who was Thomas Cromwell? What was his notorious reputation?
4. Explain the role of Arthur Peach in the robbery and murder scandal.
5. One of the first major conflicts in the colony had to do with the celebration of Christmas. Explain the incident and how it was resolved.
6. Describe the conflict and controversy surrounding the work of Charles Chauncy.
7. What gift did Massasoit leave behind for the Pilgrims? What was the purpose? How long did the arrangement last?
8. Discuss the next step for the Separatists once they were all but forced out of Britain. What did the Monarchy think about the exodus?
9. Discuss the first meeting between the Pilgrims and the Indians. Who were the first to make contact?
10. What became of Edward Winslow?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)