|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person brought along how many people?
2. What word is used to describe the character of William Brewster?
3. What was the name of the governor at this time?
4. Many people fled during the queen's rule and established themselves in which area?
(c) Low Countries.
5. Which of the following men was one of the major players in arranging for the passage to the new location?
Short Answer Questions
1. The settlers were typically split into two groups, the farmers and the ______.
2. During what month did the first Indian approach the settlement?
3. What does the word "seceded" mean?
4. What was the name of the document signed by the Puritans?
5. The men claimed that they wanted to get away from "the persecutions of the heathen and their ______."
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift did Massasoit leave behind for the Pilgrims? What was the purpose? How long did the arrangement last?
2. Discuss when the Separatists moved to Holland and what they found upon their arrival in Amsterdam.
3. Explain the role and purpose of the "professors." Also explain their role in the Church of England.
4. How did the Church attempt to cater to the "heathens?"
5. State at least one part of the purpose of the Mayflower Compact as well as the aim of the new government. What about the agreement may seem ironic?
6. Why did the Separatists choose to go to Holland? What prompted the group to move ahead with the plan?
7. Explain the new reign of James I and the consequences for the Separatists.
8. Bradford quotes Socrates in regards to the treatment of the professors. What does Bradford say?
9. One of the first major conflicts in the colony had to do with the celebration of Christmas. Explain the incident and how it was resolved.
10. Discuss the first meeting between the Pilgrims and the Indians. Who were the first to make contact?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)