|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some people were even banished from their ____.
2. Bradford quotes which famous philosopher?
3. What does the word "seceded" mean?
(b) Give in.
(c) Give up.
4. The group decided to leave the city and relocate to which area?
5. Bradford claims that the treatment of those that do not obey the church is as evil as the persecution of early ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of the people in the company died shortly after the development of the new government?
2. Where did the group intend to settle?
3. Some of the "heathens'" traditions were adopted as a sign of ____.
4. The text states that the new government would act "for the general good of the colony, unto which we promise all due _______ and obedience."
5. What occurred upon the arrival of the visitors?
Short Essay Questions
1. One of the first major conflicts in the colony had to do with the celebration of Christmas. Explain the incident and how it was resolved.
2. Bradford quotes Socrates in regards to the treatment of the professors. What does Bradford say?
3. Many of the Pilgrims became seriously ill or died during the first months in Plymouth. Discuss the death of their prominent leader at the time. Who took the man's place?
4. Discuss the Narragansett Challenge.
5. The people at Weston's Plantation began to suffer from lack of food. Discuss Bradford's impression of the facts.
6. What was the newly formed identity of the professors?
7. Explain the change in the monarchy when Queen Elizabeth I took the throne.
8. Name at least one of the problems caused by Cromwell and the pirates while they remained at the plantation.
9. What eventually happened to Weston?
10. Explain the period referred to as "The Starting Time."
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)