|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man complained of which of the following the day before he died?
(a) Tingling sensation.
(b) Stomach ache.
(d) Heart palpatations.
2. How many points were mentioned in this decision?
3. Which adjective best describes the behavior of the crew aboard the Mayflower?
4. The two groups decided it would be important to have which of the following:
5. What did many of those people do when a new queen took the throne?
(a) Rush the castle.
(d) Start an uprising.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of church was formed by the group?
2. What was the name given to the outspoken men of faith?
3. Bradford discusses the events that happened before the ship landed at which location?
4. What does the word "seceded" mean?
5. What was the name of the document signed by the Puritans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Bradford repeats a passage of the document, one which gives the basis of the new government as well as its aim and goals. What is the passage quoted?
2. Explain the role and purpose of the "professors." Also explain their role in the Church of England.
3. What does the text say about the poor, and sometimes fatal, treatment of those that dared to go up against the Church?
4. Discuss the Narragansett Challenge.
5. Discuss the first meeting between the Pilgrims and the Indians. Who were the first to make contact?
6. Why did the Separatists choose to go to Holland? What prompted the group to move ahead with the plan?
7. Who was the next important native to visit the Pilgrims? Discuss the visit.
8. What caused the Separatists to leave Amsterdam? Where did the group go?
9. Discuss when the Separatists moved to Holland and what they found upon their arrival in Amsterdam.
10. Explain the attitude and behavior of the Mayflower's crew during the voyage from Europe.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)