|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrived after these natives had visited the Puritans several times?
2. What occurred upon the arrival of the visitors?
(b) Physical altercation.
3. Who was one of Robinson's main adversaries?
4. What does the word "seceded" mean?
(b) Give up.
(c) Give in.
5. The colony was going to be established in part to honor which of the following?
(a) Native Americans.
(b) Gods of agriculture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bradford claims that the treatment of those that do not obey the church is as evil as the persecution of early ____.
2. Which of the following prompted the organization of the documents?
3. During what month did the first Indian approach the settlement?
4. What was one of the main obstacles to going to the new city?
5. It is said that ______ had subtler methods.
Short Essay Questions
1. Many of the Pilgrims became seriously ill or died during the first months in Plymouth. Discuss the death of their prominent leader at the time. Who took the man's place?
2. How did the Church attempt to cater to the "heathens?"
3. Explain the change in the monarchy when Queen Elizabeth I took the throne.
4. Discuss the first meeting between the Pilgrims and the Indians. Who were the first to make contact?
5. Explain the role and purpose of the "professors." Also explain their role in the Church of England.
6. Discuss the Narragansett Challenge.
7. One of the first major conflicts in the colony had to do with the celebration of Christmas. Explain the incident and how it was resolved.
8. Bradford recounts that the first foundation of the new government was created and put into place aboard the Mayflower. Discuss the events that prompted the design of the agreement.
9. State at least one part of the purpose of the Mayflower Compact as well as the aim of the new government. What about the agreement may seem ironic?
10. Explain the new reign of James I and the consequences for the Separatists.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)