|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The group finally decided to move on once again. This time, they would go to _____.
2. Which holiday has not been affected by the adoption of the traditions?
(a) Fourth of July.
3. What was the rank of the high ranking Indian?
(a) Medicine man.
(c) Head visitor.
4. The queen assigned some of the repatriated people to positions in the ____.
5. The people that signed the compact were loyal subjects of which monarch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did many of those people do when a new queen took the throne?
2. What was the name of the new governor's assistant?
3. How many points were mentioned in this decision?
4. The country had recently been severely affected by which of the following?
5. What were the names of the first people married in the new colony?
Short Essay Questions
1. State at least one part of the purpose of the Mayflower Compact as well as the aim of the new government. What about the agreement may seem ironic?
2. Who was the next important native to visit the Pilgrims? Discuss the visit.
3. What gift did Massasoit leave behind for the Pilgrims? What was the purpose? How long did the arrangement last?
4. Why did the Separatists choose to go to Holland? What prompted the group to move ahead with the plan?
5. How did some people justify the torture and murder of the professors? What became of the survivors?
6. What does the text say about the poor, and sometimes fatal, treatment of those that dared to go up against the Church?
7. What was the purpose and the context of the pact made between Massasoit and the Pilgrims?
8. Explain the period referred to as "The Starting Time."
9. How did the Church attempt to cater to the "heathens?"
10. What caused the Separatists to leave Amsterdam? Where did the group go?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)