|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The man's plan was to do which of the following:
(a) Oust Bradford as governor.
(b) Steal land from the Massachusetts.
(c) Take over the colonies.
(d) Steal food from Plymouth Plantation.
2. Which is not one of the issues being suffered by the people of Plymouth Plantation at this time?
(a) Disregard of the Sabbath.
(b) Taxation without Representation.
(c) Lack of education.
(d) Unclean water.
3. The hire was supposed to cost ____ pound per month.
4. In what year was Winslow elected as the new governor?
5. Bradford recounts the year 1623 The Sad Straits of ____'s men.
6. Once again Weston was at the head of the troubles suffered by the Pilgrims when he denied the colonists their ______.
(a) Grant money.
(b) Water supply.
7. The Dutch were fearful that the ____ would take away their trade if they did not get there first.
8. The thing that most concerned Bradford was the separation of which of the following:
(a) Farmers and Adventurers.
(d) Community loyalties.
9. The "sad straits" were caused by a lack of skills in the ability to _____ their goods.
10. Conflict over the trade took place between which two tribes?
(a) Massachusetts and Pequot.
(b) Mohicans and Seneca.
(c) Seneca and Iriquois.
(d) Pequot and Mohicans.
11. One letter stated that Allerton had gone so far with his treachery that there was no way ____ could be repaired.
(a) His soul.
(b) The relationship.
(c) The accounts.
12. Reverend John ____ was the first ordained minister to arrive at Plymouth Plantation
13. Weston made a deal with the colonist to take a number of what type of animal pelts to England?
14. Plymouth Plantation flourished. People began to spread out and soon it became necessary for the people to start their own ____.
15. The author writes about _____ and locusts and the affect on the colonists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bradford details the trade activities that took place on which river:
2. Which was not one of the charges filed against Weston?
3. Bradford refers to this time as having "some strange and remarkable ______."
4. The majority of the letters were filled with _____.
5. Which of the following disguised himself to trick Bradford into helping his bleak situation?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)