|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The group decided to leave the city and relocate to which area?
2. The settlers were typically split into two groups, the farmers and the ______.
3. What was the name of the document signed by the Puritans?
(a) Plymouth Constitution.
(b) Mayflower Compact.
(c) Magna Carta.
(d) Marshall Plan.
4. Bradford claims that the treatment of those that do not obey the church is as evil as the persecution of early ____.
5. During this time the ____ were being closely watched.
(d) Train stations.
6. What occurred upon the arrival of the visitors?
(a) Physical altercation.
7. What does the word "seceded" mean?
(a) Give in.
(b) Give up.
8. The colony was going to be established in part to honor which of the following?
(a) Gods of agriculture.
(b) Native Americans.
9. Who was one of Robinson's main adversaries?
10. The text states that the new government would act "for the general good of the colony, unto which we promise all due _______ and obedience."
11. What item(s) had been confiscated by the ship's crew?
12. What type of church was formed by the group?
(a) Pilgrim church.
(b) Separatist church.
(c) Lutheran church.
(d) Quaker church.
13. The man continually tried to involve Robinson in what kind of activity?
(b) Card game.
(c) Arm wrestling match.
14. Which is not mentioned as a form of torture?
(a) The rack.
15. Which is not one of the initial items planted in the new colony?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bradford refer to this new era?
2. Which is not one of the topics mentioned in the conversation surrounding the topic?
3. What adjective is used to describe the group's newly chosen city?
4. What was the name given to the outspoken men of faith?
5. Which queen was responsible for some people being burned?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)