|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month did the first Indian approach the settlement?
2. The country had recently been severely affected by which of the following?
3. The documents asserted that the group would form into which of the following?
(a) Civil Body Politic.
(b) A direct extension of the Prime Minister.
(d) Children of a new God.
4. Who was not among the group of people dedicated to taking on the responsibilities?
5. How long would the agreement stay in effect?
(a) 18 years.
(b) 39 years.
(c) 24 years.
(d) 10 years.
6. What does the word "seceded" mean?
(b) Give in.
(c) Give up.
7. Which queen was responsible for some people being burned?
(c) Elizabeth I.
8. What was the name of the new governor's assistant?
9. The text states that the new government would act "for the general good of the colony, unto which we promise all due _______ and obedience."
10. It is said that ______ had subtler methods.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The king.
11. What percentage of the people in the company died shortly after the development of the new government?
12. Which adjective best describes the behavior of the crew aboard the Mayflower?
13. Which is not mentioned as a form of torture?
(c) The rack.
14. What word is used to describe the character of William Brewster?
15. What adjective is used to describe the group's newly chosen city?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1607-1608 the newly formed group arranged for passage to which city?
2. What was the name of the high ranking Indian that approached the group for the first time?
3. What was the name given to the outspoken men of faith?
4. Who accompanied the high ranking native?
5. Who was one of Robinson's main adversaries?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)