|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "seceded" mean?
(a) Give in.
(c) Give up.
2. The men claimed that they wanted to get away from "the persecutions of the heathen and their ______."
(c) Wicked ways.
3. Who arrived after these natives had visited the Puritans several times?
4. The country had recently been severely affected by which of the following?
5. How did Bradford refer to this new era?
(a) A New Beginning.
(b) England Personified.
(c) The Starting Time.
(d) Future of Plymouth.
6. The documents asserted that the group would form into which of the following?
(a) A direct extension of the Prime Minister.
(b) Civil Body Politic.
(c) Children of a new God.
7. What was the name given to the outspoken men of faith?
8. The group decided to leave the city and relocate to which area?
9. The Dutch viewed the group as being which of the following?
10. Which of the following men was one of the major players in arranging for the passage to the new location?
11. What was the name of the high ranking Indian that approached the group for the first time?
12. The queen assigned some of the repatriated people to positions in the ____.
13. Which holiday has not been affected by the adoption of the traditions?
(b) Fourth of July.
14. It was common for the punished to be removed of their ____.
(a) Public standing.
15. It is said that ______ had subtler methods.
(b) The king.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not mentioned as a form of torture?
2. Many people fled during the queen's rule and established themselves in which area?
3. During this time the ____ were being closely watched.
4. Who was one of Robinson's main adversaries?
5. Which was one of the common diseases that plagued the people?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)