|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men claimed that they wanted to get away from "the persecutions of the heathen and their ______."
(d) Wicked ways.
2. The settlers were typically split into two groups, the farmers and the ______.
3. Who arrived after these natives had visited the Puritans several times?
4. What was the name of the new queen?
(d) Elizabeth I.
5. Who accompanied the high ranking native?
6. What word was often used to describe the new queen?
7. Where did the group intend to settle?
(a) Northern Virginia.
(b) Central Virginia.
(c) Western Virginia.
(d) Eastern Virginia.
8. Which was one of the common diseases that plagued the people?
9. It is said that ______ had subtler methods.
(a) The king.
(d) The Pope.
10. What was the name given to the outspoken men of faith?
11. During what month did the first Indian approach the settlement?
12. Within ____ the new arrivals had fallen out of good graces with the church.
(a) 18 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 3 months.
13. Bradford quotes which famous philosopher?
14. Which is not mentioned as a form of torture?
(d) The rack.
15. What was the name of the new governor's assistant?
Short Answer Questions
1. The person brought along how many people?
2. How did Bradford refer to this new era?
3. What occurred upon the arrival of the visitors?
4. What percentage of the people in the company died shortly after the development of the new government?
5. Some people were even banished from their ____.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)