* Reader is introduced to the "professors."
* Professors wanted to break away from the Church of England.
* Professors felt that the Church was becoming corrupt.
* Persecution was present for those that did not follow the Church.
* Many professors suffered ill and violent, sometimes fatal, treatment.
* Many people fled the country.
* Some people returned when Queen Elizabeth I took the throne.
* The Queen tolerated the professors.
* Queen Elizabeth I appointed some professors to high level positions in the Church.
* Great controversy ensued.
* The Church adopted traditional celebrations and holidays of the "heathens."
* James I takes the throne.
* Puritans are persecuted; many flee England.
* Separatists planned to go to Holland.
* The passage was often blocked.
* Many incidents including theft and betrayal haunted the Puritans.
* The Separatists arrive in Holland.
* Many obstacles stood in the...
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)