|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Van Beuren's most successful character?
2. Who approached Terry for a partnership?
3. When was Iwerks offered his own studio?
4. When he went solo, what was the first character Iwerks created?
5. What was the name of Warner Brothers' skunk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you consider Lantz successful?
2. Was Van Beuren successful? Why or why not?
3. What did Terry think about music in his features?
4. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
5. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
6. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
7. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
8. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
9. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
10. Describe Lantz's road to success.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Asses Disney's enthusiasm for his work. How was this a good thing? How was his enthusiasm negative? Overall, what type of influence did it have and how do you know?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the challenges that Walt Disney faced when creating his empire. Also describe the successes he had. What did he do right? What did he do wrong?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of the major studios (Paramount, Warner Bros) in the lives of smaller studios like those run by Walt Disney and Fleischer. Describe at least two instances of interference, either positive or negative. Then evaluate whether or not the major studio presence was negative or positive overall.
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)