|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Iwerks to complete "Plane Crazy"?
2. What changed about Porky Pig over time?
3. Which of the following is the second animation single handedly done by Iwerks?
4. Who immediately became the lead star of Warner Brothers animations?
5. How many Paul Terry films were produced in one year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
2. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
3. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
4. Do you consider Paul Terry to be successful? Why or why not?
5. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
6. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
7. Describe the Warner Brothers animators and their goals.
8. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
9. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
10. Describe Lantz's road to success.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Walt Disney's animated features that you are familiar with. Analyze the aspects of animation that you think Walt Disney personally liked or would have liked. If it is a post-death piece, analyze whether or not it is true to Disney's high standards.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate Van Beuren's career. What struggles did he face and what did he overcome? What contributions did Van Beuren make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate Iwerks and his career. What struggles did he face? What did he overcome? What contribution did Iwerks make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)