|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Lantz born?
2. What was Iwerks' record for drawings completed in a day?
3. During the 1930s, where did most animators want to be?
4. How long did it take Iwerks to complete "Plane Crazy"?
5. What did Iwerks do best?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you consider Lantz successful?
2. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
3. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
4. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
5. Describe the injunction issued against Van Beuren's studio.
6. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
7. Do you consider Paul Terry to be successful? Why or why not?
8. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
9. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
10. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the military and war on the animation industry. How was Walter Lantz's career affected by war? Which other animators were directly affected by wars and how?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Fleischer is underestimated? Describe his downfalls and successes and evaluate whether or not Fleischer deserves more popularity.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate Iwerks and his career. What struggles did he face? What did he overcome? What contribution did Iwerks make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)