Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mintz's primary concern?
2. Who were many Warner Brothers animators told to copy?
3. Who is described as being "animation's forgotten man"?
4. Who was Van Beuren's most successful character?
5. In what year was "String Bean Jack" created?
Describe the role of the major studios (Paramount, Warner Bros) in the lives of smaller studios like those run by Walt Disney and Fleischer. Describe at least two instances of interference, either positive or negative. Then evaluate whether or not the major studio presence was negative or positive overall.
Describe the challenges that Walt Disney faced when creating his empire. Also describe the successes he had. What did he do right? What did he do wrong?
Evaluate Van Beuren's career. What struggles did he face and what did he overcome? What contributions did Van Beuren make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)