|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was single handedly animated by Iwerks?
2. Who won a court injunction against Van Beuren?
3. When did Disney part with Iwerks?
4. What was the name of Warner Brothers' duck character?
5. Who immediately became the lead star of Warner Brothers animations?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
2. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
3. What did Terry think about music in his features?
4. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
5. Describe Lantz's road to success.
6. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
7. What role did synchronized music have in Van Beuren's studio?
8. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
9. Was Van Beuren successful? Why or why not?
10. Describe Paul Terry's rise to success.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast UPA, MGM, and Paramount. Which studio was the most successful? The least? Identify unique qualities about each studio and then list similarities between the three.
Essay Topic 2
Describe McCay's career and inspiration. How did he become an animator and why did he choose to become one? What successes did he have? What were his downfalls? What contribution did McCay make to the animation industry as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Fleischer is underestimated? Describe his downfalls and successes and evaluate whether or not Fleischer deserves more popularity.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)