|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned the rights to the three-color process?
2. For how many years did Lantz operate a studio?
3. When was Iwerks offered his own studio?
4. When did the modern version of Woody Woodpecker come about?
5. In what year did Lantz get a job as a cameraman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
2. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
3. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
4. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
5. Describe Paul Terry's rise to success.
6. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
7. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
8. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
9. Do you consider Lantz successful?
10. What role did synchronized music have in Van Beuren's studio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Asses Disney's enthusiasm for his work. How was this a good thing? How was his enthusiasm negative? Overall, what type of influence did it have and how do you know?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate Iwerks and his career. What struggles did he face? What did he overcome? What contribution did Iwerks make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the obstacles to early animation. What struggles did animators like McCay and Cohl overcome in creating animation?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)