|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Iwerks and Disney meet?
2. Who was Mintz's most successful character?
3. When was the court injunction against Van Beuren obtained?
4. In what year was "String Bean Jack" created?
5. Which character had its first appearance in "Gold Diggers of '49"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the injunction issued against Van Beuren's studio.
2. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
3. Describe Lantz's road to success.
4. What criticism does Maltin offers about Terry?
5. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
6. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
7. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
8. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
9. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
10. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe McCay's career and inspiration. How did he become an animator and why did he choose to become one? What successes did he have? What were his downfalls? What contribution did McCay make to the animation industry as a whole?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of the military and war on the animation industry. How was Walter Lantz's career affected by war? Which other animators were directly affected by wars and how?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate Iwerks and his career. What struggles did he face? What did he overcome? What contribution did Iwerks make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)