|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Van Beuren's most successful character?
2. When did Disney part with Iwerks?
3. When did Iwerks and Disney meet?
4. In what year did Lantz begin to fight with Universal?
5. What was the name of the man heading Iwerks' animation department?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lantz's road to success.
2. Describe the injunction issued against Van Beuren's studio.
3. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
4. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
5. What criticism does Maltin offers about Terry?
6. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
7. What did Terry think about music in his features?
8. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
9. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
10. Describe the Warner Brothers animators and their goals.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Iwerks and his career. What struggles did he face? What did he overcome? What contribution did Iwerks make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least two rivalries present in the animation industry. Why did these rivalries come about? How were they resolved? Was there a clear "winner"?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate Van Beuren's career. What struggles did he face and what did he overcome? What contributions did Van Beuren make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)