|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the problem with Terry's characters?
2. What was Mintz's primary concern?
3. When was the Aesop's Fable series dropped?
4. In what year did Lantz begin to fight with Universal?
5. Which of the following is not a Warner Brothers character?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
2. Describe Mintz's transition to color from black and white.
3. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
4. Do you consider Paul Terry to be successful? Why or why not?
5. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
6. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
7. Describe Lantz's road to success.
8. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
9. Describe Paul Terry's rise to success.
10. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the contribution Walter Lantz gave to the animation industry. What did Lantz create that has continued to be relevant to modern animation? How successful do you rank Lantz? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of Walt Disney's animated features that you are familiar with. Analyze the aspects of animation that you think Walt Disney personally liked or would have liked. If it is a post-death piece, analyze whether or not it is true to Disney's high standards.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Fleischer is underestimated? Describe his downfalls and successes and evaluate whether or not Fleischer deserves more popularity.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)