|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Paul Terry's company's name?
2. What was Krazy Kat originally?
3. What was the name of the man heading Iwerks' animation department?
4. How long did it take Iwerks to complete "Plane Crazy"?
5. What caused Mintz's passion to wane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you consider Lantz successful?
2. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
3. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
4. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
5. What role did synchronized music have in Van Beuren's studio?
6. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
7. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
8. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
9. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
10. What did Terry think about music in his features?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the challenges that Walt Disney faced when creating his empire. Also describe the successes he had. What did he do right? What did he do wrong?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the contribution Walter Lantz gave to the animation industry. What did Lantz create that has continued to be relevant to modern animation? How successful do you rank Lantz? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of the military and war on the animation industry. How was Walter Lantz's career affected by war? Which other animators were directly affected by wars and how?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)