Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mintz's primary concern?
2. Who were many Warner Brothers animators told to copy?
3. Who is described as being "animation's forgotten man"?
4. Who was Van Beuren's most successful character?
5. In what year was "String Bean Jack" created?
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least two rivalries present in the animation industry. Why did these rivalries come about? How were they resolved? Was there a clear "winner"?
Essay Topic 2
Describe McCay's career and inspiration. How did he become an animator and why did he choose to become one? What successes did he have? What were his downfalls? What contribution did McCay make to the animation industry as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the level of bias present in Maltin's book. What type of bias is there? Identify two examples. How are some of the animators vilified? Do you think this is fair? Why or why not?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)