|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won a court injunction against Van Beuren?
2. How many Paul Terry films were produced in one year?
3. When was the Aesop's Fable series dropped?
4. Who is described as being "animation's forgotten man"?
5. When did Lantz close his studio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
2. Describe Lantz's road to success.
3. What role did synchronized music have in Van Beuren's studio?
4. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
5. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
6. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
7. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
8. Do you consider Paul Terry to be successful? Why or why not?
9. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
10. Was Van Beuren successful? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Warner Brothers and the studio's place in the animation industry. What role did the studio play in animation's history? What did the studio do wrong? What did it do right?
Essay Topic 2
Describe McCay's career and inspiration. How did he become an animator and why did he choose to become one? What successes did he have? What were his downfalls? What contribution did McCay make to the animation industry as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the contributions, successes, and struggles of Winkler and Mintz. What did they do right? What did they do wrong? Why do you think Winkler and Mintz are more obscure than studios like Disney and Warner Brothers? Did they deserve more success than they received? Why or why not?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)