|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Mintz's passion to wane?
2. What animated character was Terry's biggest star?
3. Where was Van Beuren's studio situated?
4. Who created Woody Woodpecker?
5. What did "Little Herman" spoof?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
2. Describe Lantz's road to success.
3. What did Terry think about music in his features?
4. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
5. Describe Mintz's transition to color from black and white.
6. What role did synchronized music have in Van Beuren's studio?
7. Do you consider Lantz successful?
8. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
9. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
10. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Iwerks and his career. What struggles did he face? What did he overcome? What contribution did Iwerks make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the obstacles to early animation. What struggles did animators like McCay and Cohl overcome in creating animation?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the contribution Walter Lantz gave to the animation industry. What did Lantz create that has continued to be relevant to modern animation? How successful do you rank Lantz? Why?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)