|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was single handedly animated by Iwerks?
2. When he went solo, what was the first character Iwerks created?
3. Which of the following is not a Warner Brothers character?
4. Who did Lundy once work with?
5. Who immediately became the lead star of Warner Brothers animations?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
2. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
3. What role did synchronized music have in Van Beuren's studio?
4. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
5. Describe the Warner Brothers animators and their goals.
6. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
7. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
8. Describe Paul Terry's rise to success.
9. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
10. Was Van Beuren successful? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Iwerks and his career. What struggles did he face? What did he overcome? What contribution did Iwerks make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Fleischer is underestimated? Describe his downfalls and successes and evaluate whether or not Fleischer deserves more popularity.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the contributions, successes, and struggles of Winkler and Mintz. What did they do right? What did they do wrong? Why do you think Winkler and Mintz are more obscure than studios like Disney and Warner Brothers? Did they deserve more success than they received? Why or why not?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)