|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Van Beurens major focus?
2. What was Krazy Kat originally?
3. Who is known for creating the most successful characters?
4. What changed about Porky Pig over time?
5. Where was Van Beuren's studio situated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What criticism does Maltin offers about Terry?
2. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
3. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
4. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
5. Describe Paul Terry's rise to success.
6. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
7. What role did synchronized music have in Van Beuren's studio?
8. Describe Mintz's transition to color from black and white.
9. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
10. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the military and war on the animation industry. How was Walter Lantz's career affected by war? Which other animators were directly affected by wars and how?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Fleischer is underestimated? Describe his downfalls and successes and evaluate whether or not Fleischer deserves more popularity.
Essay Topic 3
Describe McCay's career and inspiration. How did he become an animator and why did he choose to become one? What successes did he have? What were his downfalls? What contribution did McCay make to the animation industry as a whole?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)