|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the modern version of Woody Woodpecker come about?
2. During the 1930s, where did most animators want to be?
3. What was the name of Warner Brothers' skunk?
4. Which of the following best describes Van Beuren's animators?
5. Which of the following is the second animation single handedly done by Iwerks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
2. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
3. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
4. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
5. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
6. Describe the Warner Brothers animators and their goals.
7. Describe Mintz's transition to color from black and white.
8. What did Terry think about music in his features?
9. Do you consider Paul Terry to be successful? Why or why not?
10. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the level of bias present in Maltin's book. What type of bias is there? Identify two examples. How are some of the animators vilified? Do you think this is fair? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate Warner Brothers and the studio's place in the animation industry. What role did the studio play in animation's history? What did the studio do wrong? What did it do right?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the contributions, successes, and struggles of Winkler and Mintz. What did they do right? What did they do wrong? Why do you think Winkler and Mintz are more obscure than studios like Disney and Warner Brothers? Did they deserve more success than they received? Why or why not?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)