|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Warner Brothers' skunk?
2. The producer of which company bailed Iwerks out of trouble?
3. How old was Mintz when he died?
4. Who won a court injunction against Van Beuren?
5. To whom did Mintz owe an overwhelming debt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
2. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
3. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
4. What did Terry think about music in his features?
5. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
6. Describe the Warner Brothers animators and their goals.
7. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
8. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
9. What role did synchronized music have in Van Beuren's studio?
10. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the contribution Walter Lantz gave to the animation industry. What did Lantz create that has continued to be relevant to modern animation? How successful do you rank Lantz? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Sometimes non-fiction pieces, even historical biographies, will include elements of bias. Bias shows the author's opinion. Is there any bias in Leonard Maltin's book? Can you tell which animators are discussed more favorably? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate Paul Terry's career as a whole. Was he successful? Why or why not? Describe the setbacks and failures that Terry experienced. How was he able to still be considered successful?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)