|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as being "animation's forgotten man"?
2. What was Lantz's first animal success?
3. What did Terry and Van Beuren fight over?
4. Which of the following was single handedly animated by Iwerks?
5. Who was Van Beuren's most successful character?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
2. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
3. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
4. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
5. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
6. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
7. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
8. Describe the Warner Brothers animators and their goals.
9. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
10. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the challenges that Walt Disney faced when creating his empire. Also describe the successes he had. What did he do right? What did he do wrong?
Essay Topic 2
Asses Disney's enthusiasm for his work. How was this a good thing? How was his enthusiasm negative? Overall, what type of influence did it have and how do you know?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate Van Beuren's career. What struggles did he face and what did he overcome? What contributions did Van Beuren make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)