|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bray apply for a patent?
2. Through all of Disney's struggles, which of the following never suffered?
3. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
4. When was Red Seal Pictures formed?
5. Who was the founder of Paramount Studios?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the strike that Disney employees put on.
2. Why did Disney lose the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
3. Describe the "bouncing ball" that Fleischer created.
4. Why did Disney's success slow down during World War II?
5. What were the limits on early animation?
6. Why do you think Leonard Maltin calls Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
7. Describe the machine that Bray created.
8. Describe the difficulties involved in creating "Snow White."
9. When and why did Disney begin to focus on creating theme parks?
10. Describe Disney's rocky start in the animation industry.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Paul Terry's career as a whole. Was he successful? Why or why not? Describe the setbacks and failures that Terry experienced. How was he able to still be considered successful?
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least two rivalries present in the animation industry. Why did these rivalries come about? How were they resolved? Was there a clear "winner"?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of the military and war on the animation industry. How was Walter Lantz's career affected by war? Which other animators were directly affected by wars and how?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)