|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Emile Cohl from?
2. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
3. Which of the following best describes Disney's work ethic?
4. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
5. What did Fleischer miss out on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mae West influence Fleischer's work?
2. Do you think Disney would have become successful today? Why or why not?
3. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
4. Why did Disney's success slow down during World War II?
5. What kept Disney on top of his competition?
6. Describe Max Fleischer's body of work.
7. Who was John Randolph Bray?
8. What was Fleischer's relationship with Paramount?
9. Describe the machine that Bray created.
10. What were the strengths of the Fleischer brothers? What were the weaknesses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Asses Disney's enthusiasm for his work. How was this a good thing? How was his enthusiasm negative? Overall, what type of influence did it have and how do you know?
Essay Topic 2
Sometimes non-fiction pieces, even historical biographies, will include elements of bias. Bias shows the author's opinion. Is there any bias in Leonard Maltin's book? Can you tell which animators are discussed more favorably? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least two rivalries present in the animation industry. Why did these rivalries come about? How were they resolved? Was there a clear "winner"?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)