|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bray's occupation?
2. What did Bray's machine print on?
3. How long did Red Seal last?
4. What did Fleischer work on during World War II?
5. What was Fleischer's most popular and long-lasting invention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "Little Nemo."
2. Describe the machine that Bray created.
3. Why was the audience skeptical of McCay?
4. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
5. Describe the strike that Disney employees put on.
6. Describe Max Fleischer's body of work.
7. Who was John Randolph Bray?
8. What were the differences between Max Fleischer and Dave Fleischer?
9. Why did Disney's success slow down during World War II?
10. When and why did Disney begin to focus on creating theme parks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Walt Disney's animated features that you are familiar with. Analyze the aspects of animation that you think Walt Disney personally liked or would have liked. If it is a post-death piece, analyze whether or not it is true to Disney's high standards.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of the military and war on the animation industry. How was Walter Lantz's career affected by war? Which other animators were directly affected by wars and how?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast UPA, MGM, and Paramount. Which studio was the most successful? The least? Identify unique qualities about each studio and then list similarities between the three.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)