|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
2. What was Disney's first significant piece of animation for his new business?
3. What type of animal was Bimbo?
4. What did Fleischer work on during World War II?
5. When was Disney's last film released?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the differences between Max Fleischer and Dave Fleischer?
2. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
3. Describe Winsor McCay and his views.
4. Why do you think Leonard Maltin calls Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
5. When and why did Disney begin to focus on creating theme parks?
6. Describe Disney's enthusiasm for his work.
7. What kept Disney on top of his competition?
8. What were the limits on early animation?
9. Describe Disney's rocky start in the animation industry.
10. Why did Disney lose the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Iwerks and his career. What struggles did he face? What did he overcome? What contribution did Iwerks make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate Van Beuren's career. What struggles did he face and what did he overcome? What contributions did Van Beuren make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of the military and war on the animation industry. How was Walter Lantz's career affected by war? Which other animators were directly affected by wars and how?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)