|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Emile Cohl from?
2. What was the animated film that Fleischer created with Dr. Lee DeForest?
3. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
4. Through all of Disney's struggles, which of the following never suffered?
5. Who called Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
2. What were the strengths of the Fleischer brothers? What were the weaknesses?
3. What were the consequences of Fleischer being a bad businessman?
4. Why did Disney's success slow down during World War II?
5. Why did Disney lose the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
6. Why did it take so long for animation to gain popularity?
7. Why do you think Leonard Maltin calls Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
8. Describe "Little Nemo."
9. Describe McCay's inspiration and uprising.
10. Describe the strike that Disney employees put on.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate the level of bias present in Maltin's book. What type of bias is there? Identify two examples. How are some of the animators vilified? Do you think this is fair? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Asses Disney's enthusiasm for his work. How was this a good thing? How was his enthusiasm negative? Overall, what type of influence did it have and how do you know?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the challenges that Walt Disney faced when creating his empire. Also describe the successes he had. What did he do right? What did he do wrong?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)