|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through all of Disney's struggles, which of the following never suffered?
2. At what point did Disney's work stop exploding?
3. Which of the following angered Disney's employees?
4. What did Bray's invention do?
5. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paul Terry's rise to success.
2. What were the strengths of the Fleischer brothers? What were the weaknesses?
3. What were the consequences of Fleischer being a bad businessman?
4. Do you think Disney would have become successful today? Why or why not?
5. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
6. Why did short features die?
7. Describe Lantz's road to success.
8. What kept Disney on top of his competition?
9. Do you consider Paul Terry to be successful? Why or why not?
10. Why was the audience skeptical of McCay?
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Fleischer is underestimated? Describe his downfalls and successes and evaluate whether or not Fleischer deserves more popularity.
Essay Topic 2
Of the animators Maltin focuses on, which is considered the most successful? Which one made the biggest contribution to the animation industry? Explain why.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate the contributions, successes, and struggles of Winkler and Mintz. What did they do right? What did they do wrong? Why do you think Winkler and Mintz are more obscure than studios like Disney and Warner Brothers? Did they deserve more success than they received? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)