|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
2. When was Disney's last film released?
3. What was Disney's first significant piece of animation for his new business?
4. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
5. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the limits on early animation?
2. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
3. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
4. Describe UPA's success.
5. What did Terry think about music in his features?
6. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
7. Do you think Disney would have become successful today? Why or why not?
8. Describe the "bouncing ball" that Fleischer created.
9. What were the differences between Max Fleischer and Dave Fleischer?
10. Describe McCay's inspiration and uprising.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the major studios (Paramount, Warner Bros) in the lives of smaller studios like those run by Walt Disney and Fleischer. Describe at least two instances of interference, either positive or negative. Then evaluate whether or not the major studio presence was negative or positive overall.
Essay Topic 2
Asses Disney's enthusiasm for his work. How was this a good thing? How was his enthusiasm negative? Overall, what type of influence did it have and how do you know?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast UPA, MGM, and Paramount. Which studio was the most successful? The least? Identify unique qualities about each studio and then list similarities between the three.
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)