|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the feature Fleischer worked on with the American Museum of Natural History?
2. When did Disney form his first company?
3. Who created a metamorphosis of celebrity caricatures?
4. Which of the following was the name of one of Fleischer's first features?
5. What was the number of workers that picketed Disney's studio while on strike?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Disney lose the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
2. Why did Disney's success slow down during World War II?
3. What were the differences between Max Fleischer and Dave Fleischer?
4. What were the strengths of the Fleischer brothers? What were the weaknesses?
5. Describe the strike that Disney employees put on.
6. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
7. When and why did Disney begin to focus on creating theme parks?
8. Describe Max Fleischer's body of work.
9. Do you think Disney would have become successful today? Why or why not?
10. How did Mae West influence Fleischer's work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of Walt Disney's animated features that you are familiar with. Analyze the aspects of animation that you think Walt Disney personally liked or would have liked. If it is a post-death piece, analyze whether or not it is true to Disney's high standards.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Fleischer is underestimated? Describe his downfalls and successes and evaluate whether or not Fleischer deserves more popularity.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the contribution Walter Lantz gave to the animation industry. What did Lantz create that has continued to be relevant to modern animation? How successful do you rank Lantz? Why?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)