|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Disney's employees describe his outlook?
2. When did Fleischer start his own company?
3. How many employees did Fleischer have in 1923?
4. Who was Fleischer's biggest competition?
5. Which character did Max Fleischer create?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Fleischer's relationship with Paramount?
2. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
3. Why do you think Leonard Maltin calls Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
4. Describe the "bouncing ball" that Fleischer created.
5. What kept Disney on top of his competition?
6. Describe Max Fleischer's body of work.
7. When and why did Disney begin to focus on creating theme parks?
8. Describe "Little Nemo."
9. Describe the strike that Disney employees put on.
10. Describe the difficulties involved in creating "Snow White."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Asses Disney's enthusiasm for his work. How was this a good thing? How was his enthusiasm negative? Overall, what type of influence did it have and how do you know?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast UPA, MGM, and Paramount. Which studio was the most successful? The least? Identify unique qualities about each studio and then list similarities between the three.
Essay Topic 3
Which studio made the biggest or most significant contribution to the animation industry? Why do you think this is true? Which studio can you learn the most from?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)