|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Fleischer's biggest competition?
2. When was Betty Boop introduced?
3. According to McCay, what should animation be?
4. What was Disney able to do well that others could not?
5. Who created a metamorphosis of celebrity caricatures?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Winsor McCay and his views.
2. What was Fleischer's relationship with Paramount?
3. Why did Disney lose the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
4. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
5. Describe the machine that Bray created.
6. Who was John Randolph Bray?
7. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
8. Describe McCay's inspiration and uprising.
9. What were the consequences of Fleischer being a bad businessman?
10. Why did it take so long for animation to gain popularity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which studio made the biggest or most significant contribution to the animation industry? Why do you think this is true? Which studio can you learn the most from?
Essay Topic 2
Of the animators Maltin focuses on, which is considered the most successful? Which one made the biggest contribution to the animation industry? Explain why.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the contribution Walter Lantz gave to the animation industry. What did Lantz create that has continued to be relevant to modern animation? How successful do you rank Lantz? Why?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)