Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
2. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
3. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
4. What was the last film that Disney actually worked on?
5. Where was Winsor McCay from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
2. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
3. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
4. Describe "Little Nemo."
5. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
6. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
7. Describe the machine that Bray created.
8. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
9. What did Terry think about music in his features?
10. Which studio was the most successful?
Choose one of Walt Disney's animated features that you are familiar with. Analyze the aspects of animation that you think Walt Disney personally liked or would have liked. If it is a post-death piece, analyze whether or not it is true to Disney's high standards.
Evaluate Van Beuren's career. What struggles did he face and what did he overcome? What contributions did Van Beuren make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
Of the animators Maltin focuses on, which is considered the most successful? Which one made the biggest contribution to the animation industry? Explain why.
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)