|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Originally, what animal made up part of Betty Boop?
2. What was the last film that Disney actually worked on?
3. Which character did Max Fleischer create?
4. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
5. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "Little Nemo."
2. Why did Disney's success slow down during World War II?
3. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
4. What were the differences between Max Fleischer and Dave Fleischer?
5. What was Fleischer's relationship with Paramount?
6. Who was John Randolph Bray?
7. What kept Disney on top of his competition?
8. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
9. What were the strengths of the Fleischer brothers? What were the weaknesses?
10. What were the consequences of Fleischer being a bad businessman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the military and war on the animation industry. How was Walter Lantz's career affected by war? Which other animators were directly affected by wars and how?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Fleischer is underestimated? Describe his downfalls and successes and evaluate whether or not Fleischer deserves more popularity.
Essay Topic 3
Which studio made the biggest or most significant contribution to the animation industry? Why do you think this is true? Which studio can you learn the most from?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)