|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
2. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
3. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
4. What was the last film that Disney actually worked on?
5. Where was Winsor McCay from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
2. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
3. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
4. Describe "Little Nemo."
5. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
6. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
7. Describe the machine that Bray created.
8. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
9. What did Terry think about music in his features?
10. Which studio was the most successful?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the obstacles to early animation. What struggles did animators like McCay and Cohl overcome in creating animation?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Fleischer is underestimated? Describe his downfalls and successes and evaluate whether or not Fleischer deserves more popularity.
Essay Topic 3
Asses Disney's enthusiasm for his work. How was this a good thing? How was his enthusiasm negative? Overall, what type of influence did it have and how do you know?
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)