|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bray apply for a patent?
2. What was Walt Disney's brother's name?
3. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
4. What did Bray's invention do?
5. What is a nickname for celluloid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Disney lose the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
2. What was Fleischer's relationship with Paramount?
3. Describe Winsor McCay and his views.
4. Describe the "bouncing ball" that Fleischer created.
5. Describe "Little Nemo."
6. When and why did Disney begin to focus on creating theme parks?
7. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
8. Why was the audience skeptical of McCay?
9. Who was John Randolph Bray?
10. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Evaluate Van Beuren's career. What struggles did he face and what did he overcome? What contributions did Van Beuren make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Describe McCay's career and inspiration. How did he become an animator and why did he choose to become one? What successes did he have? What were his downfalls? What contribution did McCay make to the animation industry as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Which studio made the biggest or most significant contribution to the animation industry? Why do you think this is true? Which studio can you learn the most from?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)