Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
2. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
3. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
4. What was the last film that Disney actually worked on?
5. Where was Winsor McCay from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
2. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
3. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
4. Describe "Little Nemo."
5. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
6. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
7. Describe the machine that Bray created.
8. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
9. What did Terry think about music in his features?
10. Which studio was the most successful?
Of the animators Maltin focuses on, which is considered the most successful? Which one made the biggest contribution to the animation industry? Explain why.
Describe the contribution Walter Lantz gave to the animation industry. What did Lantz create that has continued to be relevant to modern animation? How successful do you rank Lantz? Why?
Sometimes non-fiction pieces, even historical biographies, will include elements of bias. Bias shows the author's opinion. Is there any bias in Leonard Maltin's book? Can you tell which animators are discussed more favorably? Why or why not?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)