|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following kept Disney on top in the animation industry?
2. Which character did Max Fleischer create?
3. When was Red Seal Pictures formed?
4. How long did Red Seal last?
5. What seemed to always win for Disney?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
2. Describe the difficulties involved in creating "Snow White."
3. When and why did Disney begin to focus on creating theme parks?
4. What was Fleischer's relationship with Paramount?
5. What were the differences between Max Fleischer and Dave Fleischer?
6. Why did Disney lose the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
7. What were the consequences of Fleischer being a bad businessman?
8. Why did it take so long for animation to gain popularity?
9. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
10. Describe Winsor McCay and his views.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Asses Disney's enthusiasm for his work. How was this a good thing? How was his enthusiasm negative? Overall, what type of influence did it have and how do you know?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the challenges that Walt Disney faced when creating his empire. Also describe the successes he had. What did he do right? What did he do wrong?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the obstacles to early animation. What struggles did animators like McCay and Cohl overcome in creating animation?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)