|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which century was animation invented?
2. What was Bray fascinated by?
3. Which of the following is described as being Disney's most unusual and dynamic success?
4. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
5. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did it take so long for animation to gain popularity?
2. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
3. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
4. Describe the Warner Brothers animators and their goals.
5. What were the highlights of the animation industry from the 1940's to the 1970's?
6. What did Terry think about music in his features?
7. Describe the machine that Bray created.
8. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
9. Describe UPA's success.
10. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role of the major studios (Paramount, Warner Bros) in the lives of smaller studios like those run by Walt Disney and Fleischer. Describe at least two instances of interference, either positive or negative. Then evaluate whether or not the major studio presence was negative or positive overall.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast UPA, MGM, and Paramount. Which studio was the most successful? The least? Identify unique qualities about each studio and then list similarities between the three.
Essay Topic 3
Which studio made the biggest or most significant contribution to the animation industry? Why do you think this is true? Which studio can you learn the most from?
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)