|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Disney's employees describe his outlook?
2. In what year did McCay's first feature come out?
3. Who of the following was one of Disney's co-workers?
4. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
5. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe McCay's inspiration and uprising.
2. Who was John Randolph Bray?
3. What were the strengths of the Fleischer brothers? What were the weaknesses?
4. What were the limits on early animation?
5. Describe the machine that Bray created.
6. Describe Disney's rocky start in the animation industry.
7. Describe the strike that Disney employees put on.
8. Why did it take so long for animation to gain popularity?
9. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
10. What kept Disney on top of his competition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Fleischer is underestimated? Describe his downfalls and successes and evaluate whether or not Fleischer deserves more popularity.
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate Iwerks and his career. What struggles did he face? What did he overcome? What contribution did Iwerks make to the animation industry? Would you consider him successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate Paul Terry's career as a whole. Was he successful? Why or why not? Describe the setbacks and failures that Terry experienced. How was he able to still be considered successful?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)