|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Disney's work ethic?
2. What did Bray's invention do?
3. Which film was convincing enough to suggest that McCay was not tricking anybody?
4. Which of the following angered Disney's employees?
5. When did Disney form his first company?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the limits on early animation?
2. What kept Disney on top of his competition?
3. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
4. Do you think Disney would have become successful today? Why or why not?
5. Describe Disney's enthusiasm for his work.
6. Why do you think Leonard Maltin calls Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
7. Describe Winsor McCay and his views.
8. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
9. What were the strengths of the Fleischer brothers? What were the weaknesses?
10. What were the consequences of Fleischer being a bad businessman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Of the animators Maltin focuses on, which is considered the most successful? Which one made the biggest contribution to the animation industry? Explain why.
Essay Topic 2
Which studio made the biggest or most significant contribution to the animation industry? Why do you think this is true? Which studio can you learn the most from?
Essay Topic 3
Describe McCay's career and inspiration. How did he become an animator and why did he choose to become one? What successes did he have? What were his downfalls? What contribution did McCay make to the animation industry as a whole?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)