|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who called Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
2. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
3. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
4. What was the last film that Disney actually worked on?
5. Where was Winsor McCay from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
2. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
3. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
4. Describe "Little Nemo."
5. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
6. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
7. Describe the machine that Bray created.
8. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
9. What did Terry think about music in his features?
10. Which studio was the most successful?
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least two rivalries present in the animation industry. Why did these rivalries come about? How were they resolved? Was there a clear "winner"?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of the military and war on the animation industry. How was Walter Lantz's career affected by war? Which other animators were directly affected by wars and how?
Essay Topic 3
Which studio made the biggest or most significant contribution to the animation industry? Why do you think this is true? Which studio can you learn the most from?
This section contains 1,233 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)