|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Iwerks and Disney meet?
2. Who were many Warner Brothers animators told to copy?
3. During the 1930s, where did most animators want to be?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
4. Who immediately became the lead star of Warner Brothers animations?
(a) Betty Boop.
(b) Bugs Bunny.
(c) Porky Pig.
(d) Mickey Mouse.
5. What did Dick Lundy want Lantz to do?
(a) Add the "Disney touch."
(b) Add dynamic settings.
(c) Add music.
(d) Add personality to characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he went solo, what was the first character Iwerks created?
2. Who did Mintz have a connection to?
3. How long did it take Iwerks to complete "Plane Crazy"?
4. In what year was "String Bean Jack" created?
5. What was Mintz's best cartoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
2. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
3. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
4. Do you consider Lantz successful?
5. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
6. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
7. What did Terry think about music in his features?
8. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
9. Describe Lantz's road to success.
10. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)