|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Lantz begin to fight with Universal?
2. What was the name of Warner Brothers' main animated feature?
(a) Looney Tunes.
(b) Funny Toons.
(c) Simple Songs.
(d) Crazy Cartoons.
3. For how many years did Lantz operate a studio?
4. What did Terry and Van Beuren fight over?
5. Which character had its first appearance in "Gold Diggers of '49"?
(a) Porky Pig.
(b) Yosemite Sam.
(c) Daffy Duck.
(d) Bugs Bunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed about Porky Pig over time?
2. What was Paul Terry's company's name?
3. Who is known for creating the most successful characters?
4. When did Krazy Kat appear on the big screen?
5. Who approached Terry for a partnership?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
2. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
3. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
4. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
5. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
6. Describe Mintz's transition to color from black and white.
7. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
8. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
9. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
10. Describe the injunction issued against Van Beuren's studio.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)