|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Lantz begin to fight with Universal?
2. What was the name of the man heading Iwerks' animation department?
3. Which of the following is a Warner Brothers feature?
(a) Terry Tunes.
(b) Simple Songs.
(c) Merrie Melodies.
(d) Silly Songs.
4. Which of the following did Iwerks most seem to lack?
(a) Speech skills.
(c) Writing skills.
(d) Drawing skills.
5. Who did Lantz work for in Los Angeles?
(a) Warner Brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal were Heckle and Jeckle?
2. Who created Woody Woodpecker?
3. What was the name of Warner Brothers' duck character?
4. Which of the following is not a Warner Brothers character?
5. What was Mintz's primary concern?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Warner Brothers animators and their goals.
2. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
3. Was Van Beuren successful? Why or why not?
4. What criticism does Maltin offers about Terry?
5. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
6. What role did synchronized music have in Van Beuren's studio?
7. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
8. Describe the injunction issued against Van Beuren's studio.
9. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
10. Describe Mintz's transition to color from black and white.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)