|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Disney part with Iwerks?
2. What type of animal were Heckle and Jeckle?
3. Which character did Terry reclaim from Van Beuren?
(a) Woody Woodpecker.
(b) Mighty Mouse.
(c) Donald Duck.
(d) Farmer Al Falfa.
4. Who is known for creating the most successful characters?
(a) Warner Brothers.
5. When was Iwerks offered his own studio?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approached Terry for a partnership?
2. Which of the following is the second animation single handedly done by Iwerks?
3. Which of the following is a Warner Brothers feature?
4. Who did Mintz have a connection to?
5. Who did Mintz farm work out to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mintz's transition to color from black and white.
2. What role did synchronized music have in Van Beuren's studio?
3. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
4. Describe Lantz's road to success.
5. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
6. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
7. Describe the injunction issued against Van Beuren's studio.
8. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
9. What criticism does Maltin offers about Terry?
10. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)