|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mintz when he died?
2. When did Disney part with Iwerks?
3. What type of animal were Heckle and Jeckle?
4. When was the court injunction against Van Beuren obtained?
5. What was Iwerks' record for drawings completed in a day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Little Herman" spoof?
2. Who was Krazy Kat distributed through?
3. The producer of which company bailed Iwerks out of trouble?
4. According to the author, in what area did Iwerks struggle?
5. What was the problem with Terry's characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
2. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
3. What did Terry think about music in his features?
4. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
5. Describe the injunction issued against Van Beuren's studio.
6. Describe Paul Terry's rise to success.
7. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
8. What criticism does Maltin offers about Terry?
9. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
10. Was Van Beuren successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)