|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Paul Terry's company's name?
(a) Warner Brothers.
(d) Looney Toons.
2. What animated character was Terry's biggest star?
(a) Chilly Willy.
(b) Betty Boop.
(c) Mighty Mouse.
3. Where was Van Beuren's studio situated?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. What was Iwerks' record for drawings completed in a day?
5. When did Ben Hardaway join Lantz's studio?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as being "animation's forgotten man"?
2. How old was Mintz when he died?
3. In what year was "String Bean Jack" created?
4. To whom did Mintz owe an overwhelming debt?
5. When was the court injunction against Van Beuren obtained?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mintz's transition to color from black and white.
2. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
3. Describe the injunction issued against Van Beuren's studio.
4. Do you consider Paul Terry to be successful? Why or why not?
5. Describe Lantz's road to success.
6. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
7. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
8. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
9. Was Van Beuren successful? Why or why not?
10. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)