|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a Warner Brothers feature?
(a) Terry Tunes.
(b) Merrie Melodies.
(c) Silly Songs.
(d) Simple Songs.
2. When did Ben Hardaway join Lantz's studio?
3. Who created Woody Woodpecker?
4. Who did Mintz farm work out to?
5. What did Terry and Van Beuren fight over?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were many Warner Brothers animators told to copy?
2. What was the name of the man heading Iwerks' animation department?
3. Which of the following is not a Warner Brothers character?
4. Who did Iwerks sell his first series to?
5. What was Iwerks' record for drawings completed in a day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you consider Paul Terry to be successful? Why or why not?
2. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
3. Describe the injunction issued against Van Beuren's studio.
4. Describe the Warner Brothers animators and their goals.
5. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
6. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
7. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
8. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
9. What criticism does Maltin offers about Terry?
10. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)