|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dick Lundy want Lantz to do?
(a) Add the "Disney touch."
(b) Add personality to characters.
(c) Add music.
(d) Add dynamic settings.
2. When did Iwerks and Disney meet?
3. When did Disney part with Iwerks?
4. What was Krazy Kat originally?
(a) Short commercial.
(b) Comic strip.
(c) Feature film.
(d) Graphic novel.
5. What was the name of Warner Brothers' main animated feature?
(a) Crazy Cartoons.
(b) Funny Toons.
(c) Simple Songs.
(d) Looney Tunes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Mintz's company was left without leadership?
2. What animated character was Terry's biggest star?
3. In what year did Lantz get a job as a cameraman?
4. Which of the following did Iwerks most seem to lack?
5. How old was Mintz when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
2. Describe the injunction issued against Van Beuren's studio.
3. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
4. Describe Mintz's transition to color from black and white.
5. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
6. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
7. What criticism does Maltin offers about Terry?
8. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
9. Do you consider Lantz successful?
10. Describe Paul Terry's rise to success.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)