|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was "String Bean Jack" created?
2. Which character had its first appearance in "Gold Diggers of '49"?
(a) Bugs Bunny.
(b) Yosemite Sam.
(c) Porky Pig.
(d) Daffy Duck.
3. How old was Mintz when he died?
4. What was Mintz's primary concern?
(a) Entertaining adults.
(b) Creating art.
(c) Entertaining children.
(d) Making money.
5. For how many years did Lantz operate a studio?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created Woody Woodpecker?
2. What was Paul Terry most interested in?
3. Which of the following is a Warner Brothers feature?
4. Who was Mintz's most successful character?
5. Who won a court injunction against Van Beuren?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lantz's road to success.
2. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
3. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
4. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
5. What criticism does Maltin offers about Terry?
6. Was Van Beuren successful? Why or why not?
7. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
8. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
9. Describe Mintz's transition to color from black and white.
10. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)