|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the second animation single handedly done by Iwerks?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) Steamboat Willie.
2. Who did Mintz farm work out to?
3. What did Dick Lundy want Lantz to do?
(a) Add dynamic settings.
(b) Add the "Disney touch."
(c) Add music.
(d) Add personality to characters.
4. To whom did Mintz owe an overwhelming debt?
5. What was Krazy Kat originally?
(a) Graphic novel.
(b) Comic strip.
(c) Feature film.
(d) Short commercial.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years did Lantz operate a studio?
2. When was Lantz born?
3. What was Lantz's first animal success?
4. How old was Mintz when he died?
5. When was the Aesop's Fable series dropped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
2. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
3. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
4. Describe the Warner Brothers animators and their goals.
5. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
6. Do you consider Paul Terry to be successful? Why or why not?
7. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
8. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
9. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
10. What criticism does Maltin offers about Terry?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)