|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who created Woody Woodpecker?
2. How many Paul Terry films were produced in one year?
3. Which of the following is the second animation single handedly done by Iwerks?
(a) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) Peter Pan.
(d) Steamboat Willie.
4. Who won a court injunction against Van Beuren?
5. What changed about Porky Pig over time?
(a) His voice.
(b) His appearance.
(c) His plots.
(d) His friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was "String Bean Jack" created?
2. Where was Lantz from?
3. Who did Mintz have a connection to?
4. What type of animal were Heckle and Jeckle?
5. Which of the following did Iwerks most seem to lack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paul Terry's rise to success.
2. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
3. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
4. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
5. Do you consider Lantz successful?
6. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
7. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
8. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
9. Describe the Warner Brothers animators and their goals.
10. Do you consider Paul Terry to be successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)