|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mintz's best cartoon?
(a) The Little Garden Girl.
(b) The Little Smiley Girl.
(c) The Little Match Girl.
(d) The Little Crazy Girl.
2. Who were many Warner Brothers animators told to copy?
3. What was the name of Warner Brothers' duck character?
4. The producer of which company bailed Iwerks out of trouble?
(b) Warner Bros.
5. What was Van Beurens major focus?
(b) Character personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Terry and Van Beuren fight over?
2. Where was Lantz from?
3. Which of the following is not a Warner Brothers character?
4. Which of the following is the second animation single handedly done by Iwerks?
5. What did Iwerks do best?
Short Essay Questions
1. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
2. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
3. What criticism does Maltin offers about Terry?
4. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
5. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
6. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
7. Describe Mintz's transition to color from black and white.
8. Describe the injunction issued against Van Beuren's studio.
9. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
10. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)