|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a Warner Brothers feature?
(a) Silly Songs.
(b) Merrie Melodies.
(c) Terry Tunes.
(d) Simple Songs.
2. Who approached Terry for a partnership?
3. For how many years did Lantz operate a studio?
4. Who did Mintz have a connection to?
(c) Warner Bros.
5. What type of animal were Heckle and Jeckle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is known for creating the most successful characters?
2. When was Iwerks offered his own studio?
3. What was the problem with Terry's characters?
4. What was Mintz's best cartoon?
5. What did Dick Lundy want Lantz to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
2. Describe Lantz's road to success.
3. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
4. Describe the Warner Brothers animators and their goals.
5. What did Terry think about music in his features?
6. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
7. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
8. Was Van Beuren successful? Why or why not?
9. Do you consider Paul Terry to be successful? Why or why not?
10. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)