|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mintz's primary concern?
(a) Entertaining children.
(b) Making money.
(c) Creating art.
(d) Entertaining adults.
2. What did Terry and Van Beuren fight over?
3. When was the court injunction against Van Beuren obtained?
4. What was Paul Terry most interested in?
(a) Film production.
(b) Film distribution.
(c) Creating stories.
(d) Drawing cartoons.
5. When was Lantz born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of animal were Heckle and Jeckle?
2. What was the name of Warner Brothers' skunk?
3. What caused Mintz's passion to wane?
4. When did Disney part with Iwerks?
5. Who did Mintz hire two animators from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
2. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
3. What role did synchronized music have in Van Beuren's studio?
4. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
5. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
6. Do you consider Lantz successful?
7. Describe Lantz's road to success.
8. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
9. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
10. Describe the Warner Brothers animators and their goals.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)