|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Van Beuren's most successful character?
(b) Tom and Jerry.
(c) Betty Boop.
(d) Farmer Al Falfa.
2. In what year did Lantz begin to fight with Universal?
3. When was Iwerks offered his own studio?
4. Who did Mintz hire two animators from?
(c) Warner Bros.
5. Who is described as being "animation's forgotten man"?
(a) Max Fleischer.
(b) Ub Iwerks.
(c) Walter Lantz.
(d) Walt Disney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mintz's primary concern?
2. Who did Lundy once work with?
3. Who created Woody Woodpecker?
4. Which of the following is a Warner Brothers feature?
5. What did Iwerks do best?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
2. Describe Mintz's transition to color from black and white.
3. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
4. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
5. Was Van Beuren successful? Why or why not?
6. Do you consider Lantz successful?
7. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
8. Describe the injunction issued against Van Beuren's studio.
9. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
10. What did Terry think about music in his features?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)