|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Iwerks most seem to lack?
(a) Writing skills.
(b) Drawing skills.
(d) Speech skills.
2. Who did Mintz hire two animators from?
(b) Warner Bros.
3. Which character had its first appearance in "Gold Diggers of '49"?
(a) Porky Pig.
(b) Daffy Duck.
(c) Bugs Bunny.
(d) Yosemite Sam.
4. What was Iwerks' record for drawings completed in a day?
5. What was the name of Warner Brothers' duck character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Paul Terry's company's name?
2. For how many years did Lantz operate a studio?
3. When was the court injunction against Van Beuren obtained?
4. Where was Lantz from?
5. What was the problem with Terry's characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
2. Describe Paul Terry's rise to success.
3. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
4. What role did synchronized music have in Van Beuren's studio?
5. Do you consider Lantz successful?
6. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
7. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
8. Do you consider Paul Terry to be successful? Why or why not?
9. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
10. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)