|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who won a court injunction against Van Beuren?
2. Who did Iwerks sell his first series to?
3. Which of the following is the second animation single handedly done by Iwerks?
(b) Peter Pan.
(c) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(d) Steamboat Willie.
4. Who approached Terry for a partnership?
5. What did Iwerks do best?
(b) Money managing.
(d) Character personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character did Terry reclaim from Van Beuren?
2. Who is described as being "animation's forgotten man"?
3. What animated character was Terry's biggest star?
4. During the 1930s, where did most animators want to be?
5. Who were many Warner Brothers animators told to copy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of "Krazy Kat"?
2. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
3. How might Disney have felt vindicated by Universal hiring Lantz?
4. Was Warner Brothers more successful than Disney? Why or why not?
5. Describe the effect that Iwerks career with Disney had on his success.
6. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
7. What criticism does Maltin offers about Terry?
8. Describe Paul Terry's rise to success.
9. Describe the characters Warner Brothers created.
10. Do you consider Lantz successful?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)