|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an early Disney feature?
(a) The Jungle Book.
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(d) The Lion King.
2. Which of the following limited early animation?
(a) Low production costs.
(b) Ability to combine live action with cartoons.
(c) Black and white coloring.
(d) Inappropriate drawing tools.
3. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
(a) Virginia City Film Ad Company.
(b) Dallas Film Ad Company.
(c) Los Angeles Film Ad Company.
(d) Kansas City Film Ad Company.
4. What is a nickname for celluloid?
5. Which of the following kept Disney on top in the animation industry?
(a) Creating comic books.
(b) Television shows.
(c) Full-length films.
(d) Short cartoons before movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Originally, what animal made up part of Betty Boop?
2. What did Fleischer patent?
3. How long did Red Seal last?
4. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
5. Who was the founder of Paramount Studios?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
2. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
3. Describe Disney's enthusiasm for his work.
4. When and why did Disney begin to focus on creating theme parks?
5. Why do you think Leonard Maltin calls Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
6. How did Mae West influence Fleischer's work?
7. What kept Disney on top of his competition?
8. Describe Winsor McCay and his views.
9. Describe the "bouncing ball" that Fleischer created.
10. Describe the strike that Disney employees put on.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)