|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was a fault of Fleischer's?
(a) Bad at creating storylines.
(b) Bad at being original rather than copying.
(c) Bad at creating characters.
(d) Bad at doing business.
2. Which of the following was the name of one of Fleischer's first features?
(a) Koko the Clown.
(b) Cici the Clown.
(c) Soso the Clown.
(d) Kiki the Clown.
3. What was Bray's occupation?
(b) Film producer.
(c) Newspaper cartoonist.
(d) Comic book artist.
4. Who of the following was one of Disney's co-workers?
(a) Charles Mintz.
(b) Max Fleischer.
(c) Paul Terry.
(d) Ub Iwerks.
5. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
(a) Kansas City Film Ad Company.
(b) Los Angeles Film Ad Company.
(c) Dallas Film Ad Company.
(d) Virginia City Film Ad Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fleischer patent?
2. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
3. How long did Red Seal last?
4. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
5. Where was Emile Cohl from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
2. How did Mae West influence Fleischer's work?
3. Describe Winsor McCay and his views.
4. What was Fleischer's relationship with Paramount?
5. What kept Disney on top of his competition?
6. Describe "Little Nemo."
7. Describe Disney's enthusiasm for his work.
8. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
9. What were the differences between Max Fleischer and Dave Fleischer?
10. Describe the "bouncing ball" that Fleischer created.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)