|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the founder of Paramount Studios?
(a) Alex Zuport.
(b) Alexander Zorkins.
(c) Adolph Zukor.
(d) Allan Zane.
2. How many employees did Fleischer have in 1923?
3. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
4. What seemed to always win for Disney?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His money managing skills.
(c) His vision.
(d) His quality.
5. When was Disney's last film released?
(a) The day that he died.
(b) A year after his death.
(c) A year before his death.
(d) A month before his death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was a fault of Fleischer's?
2. Where did Disney begin working as an ad man?
3. What was Fleischer's most popular and long-lasting invention?
4. Where was Emile Cohl from?
5. How long did Red Seal last?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe MGM's success.
2. How did Van Beuren obtain his own studio?
3. Why was the audience skeptical of McCay?
4. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
5. Describe Mintz's transition to color from black and white.
6. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
7. Describe Winsor McCay and his views.
8. Why did short features die?
9. Describe Paul Terry's rise to success.
10. What were the strengths of the Fleischer brothers? What were the weaknesses?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)