|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is often considered to be the first true animated cartoon?
(a) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(b) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(c) Betty Boop.
(d) Little Nemo.
2. How many employees did Fleischer have in 1923?
3. Who called Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
(d) A Warner Brothers studio executive.
4. Where was Emile Cohl from?
(d) United Kingdom.
5. According to McCay, what should animation be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was McCay's first feature?
2. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
3. Which film was convincing enough to suggest that McCay was not tricking anybody?
4. When was Gertie the Dinosaur released?
5. Who of the following was one of Disney's co-workers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the machine that Bray created.
2. Describe Winsor McCay and his views.
3. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
4. Describe the "bouncing ball" that Fleischer created.
5. Who was John Randolph Bray?
6. Describe Disney's enthusiasm for his work.
7. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
8. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
9. Describe the difficulties involved in creating "Snow White."
10. Describe McCay's inspiration and uprising.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)