|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bray fascinated by?
(a) Comic books.
(d) Child psychology.
2. What was the number of workers that picketed Disney's studio while on strike?
3. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
(b) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(c) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(d) Looney Tunes.
4. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
(a) Los Angeles Film Ad Company.
(b) Dallas Film Ad Company.
(c) Kansas City Film Ad Company.
(d) Virginia City Film Ad Company.
5. Which of the following films did Disney actually work on?
(a) Curious George.
(c) Beauty and the Beast.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bray apply for a patent?
2. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
3. Which of the following did Disney refuse to spare?
4. Where was Winsor McCay from?
5. Which of the following is not an early Disney feature?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe "Little Nemo."
2. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
3. What were the limits on early animation?
4. Why did it take so long for animation to gain popularity?
5. Why do you think Leonard Maltin calls Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
6. What were the differences between Max Fleischer and Dave Fleischer?
7. When and why did Disney begin to focus on creating theme parks?
8. Why was the audience skeptical of McCay?
9. Who was John Randolph Bray?
10. Describe the difficulties involved in creating "Snow White."
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)