|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was Disney's first instant success?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(c) The Lion King.
(d) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
2. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
(b) Bray's invention.
(d) Flip book.
3. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
4. Which of the following is often considered to be the first true animated cartoon?
(a) Little Nemo.
(b) Betty Boop.
(c) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(d) Gertie the Dinosaur.
5. How long did Red Seal last?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
2. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
3. How many employees did Fleischer have in 1923?
4. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
5. What was Bray fascinated by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Disney lose the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
2. Do you consider Lantz successful?
3. Describe MGM's success.
4. Describe Lantz's road to success.
5. What criticism does Maltin offers about Terry?
6. How did Iwerks differ from Disney in the way they worked?
7. Describe UPA's success.
8. Describe the Warner Brothers animators and their goals.
9. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
10. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)