|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
(a) Black and white film.
(d) Post-recorded music.
2. What was the animated film that Fleischer created with Dr. Lee DeForest?
(a) My Old Southern Home.
(b) My Old Kentucky Home.
(c) My Tennessee Home.
(d) My Old California Home.
3. Which film was convincing enough to suggest that McCay was not tricking anybody?
(a) Finding Nemo.
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) Little Nemo.
(d) Gertie the Dinosaur.
4. Which of the following angered Disney's employees?
(a) No incentives to continue working.
(b) No overtime pay.
(c) He put little effort into quality.
(d) He expected them to be too creative.
5. When was Red Seal Pictures formed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Disney's work ethic?
2. What did Fleischer patent?
3. Which of the following describes McCay's first feature?
4. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
5. What was Disney able to do well that others could not?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did it take so long for animation to gain popularity?
2. Describe Disney's rocky start in the animation industry.
3. What was Fleischer's relationship with Paramount?
4. Who was John Randolph Bray?
5. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
6. Describe "Little Nemo."
7. Describe Disney's enthusiasm for his work.
8. Describe Max Fleischer's body of work.
9. Describe the "bouncing ball" that Fleischer created.
10. Describe McCay's inspiration and uprising.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)