|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which century was animation invented?
2. Which is an example of a cartoon including live-action?
(b) The Lion King.
(c) Mary Poppins.
3. What was Disney's first significant piece of animation for his new business?
(a) Porky Pig.
(b) Mickey Mouse.
(c) Snow White.
(d) Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
4. What did McCay begin as?
(a) Newspaper cartoonist.
(c) Children's book illustrator.
(d) Military film maker.
5. Which of the following limited early animation?
(a) Low production costs.
(b) Inappropriate drawing tools.
(c) Ability to combine live action with cartoons.
(d) Black and white coloring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
2. Which of the following is described as being Disney's most unusual and dynamic success?
3. What did Fleischer miss out on?
4. Who was Fleischer's biggest competition?
5. Which film was convincing enough to suggest that McCay was not tricking anybody?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the strike that Disney employees put on.
2. Why do you think Leonard Maltin calls Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
3. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
4. How did Mae West influence Fleischer's work?
5. When and why did Disney begin to focus on creating theme parks?
6. What kept Disney on top of his competition?
7. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
8. Do you think Disney would have become successful today? Why or why not?
9. Why did Disney lose the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
10. What was Fleischer's relationship with Paramount?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)