|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following kept Disney on top in the animation industry?
(a) Creating comic books.
(b) Television shows.
(c) Short cartoons before movies.
(d) Full-length films.
2. Through all of Disney's struggles, which of the following never suffered?
(b) Employee pay.
3. Where did McCay prefer to make appearances?
(a) Film sets.
(b) Poetry readings.
(c) Broadway musicals.
4. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
(b) Film industry.
5. When was Red Seal Pictures formed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Disney have trouble managing?
2. How long did Red Seal last?
3. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
4. What did Fleischer miss out on?
5. What was Disney able to do well that others could not?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the strengths of the Fleischer brothers? What were the weaknesses?
2. Describe the struggles that Warner Brothers faced.
3. Why did Disney's success slow down during World War II?
4. Describe the machine that Bray created.
5. Describe Paul Terry's rise to success.
6. Do you consider Paul Terry to be successful? Why or why not?
7. Describe Disney's rocky start in the animation industry.
8. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
9. Describe Disney's enthusiasm for his work.
10. Describe Winsor McCay and his views.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)