|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an early Disney feature?
(b) The Lion King.
(c) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(d) The Jungle Book.
2. How long did Red Seal last?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 7 years.
3. Which of the following is often considered to be the first true animated cartoon?
(a) Little Nemo.
(b) Betty Boop.
(c) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(d) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
4. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
(c) Actual animals.
5. What did Fleischer miss out on?
(b) Television spots.
(c) Creating unique stories.
(d) Feature films.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early days of animation, how many frames per second were required for an animated piece?
2. Which of the following was a fault of Fleischer's?
3. When did Fleischer start his own company?
4. What was Fleischer's most popular and long-lasting invention?
5. Originally, what animal made up part of Betty Boop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the audience skeptical of McCay?
2. Describe McCay's inspiration and uprising.
3. What were the limits on early animation?
4. Describe the difficulties involved in creating "Snow White."
5. Describe Disney's rocky start in the animation industry.
6. Why did it take so long for animation to gain popularity?
7. Describe the machine that Bray created.
8. What were the consequences of Fleischer being a bad businessman?
9. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
10. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)