|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Emile Cohl from?
(d) United Kingdom.
2. Which is an example of a cartoon including live-action?
(b) The Lion King.
(c) Mary Poppins.
3. What did Fleischer miss out on?
(a) Feature films.
(b) Creating unique stories.
(d) Television spots.
4. What was Disney able to do well that others could not?
(a) Create settings vital to character development.
(b) Mix drama and comedy.
(c) Mix cartoon with live-action.
(d) Create interesting characters.
5. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
(a) Moving Picture World.
(b) Strange New World.
(c) Creative Crazy World.
(d) Stalling the New World.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which century was animation invented?
2. What type of job did Margaret Winkler have at Disney?
3. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
4. Which of the following is described as being Disney's most unusual and dynamic success?
5. When was Betty Boop introduced?
Short Essay Questions
1. What criticism does Maltin offers about Terry?
2. Describe the strike that Disney employees put on.
3. How did Mae West influence Fleischer's work?
4. Why did it take so long for animation to gain popularity?
5. Describe Disney's rocky start in the animation industry.
6. Why was Warner Brothers so successful?
7. Describe the role of replication in Van Beuren's studio.
8. What priorities did Mintz have in creating animated features?
9. What were Iwerks good and bad characteristics?
10. What problems were present in the character of Woody Woodpecker?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)