|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bray's invention do?
(a) Made diagrams.
(b) Made copies of backgrounds.
(c) Made large flip books.
(d) Made copies of characters in different positions.
2. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
(a) Creative Crazy World.
(b) Moving Picture World.
(c) Stalling the New World.
(d) Strange New World.
3. What was Bray fascinated by?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Child psychology.
4. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Looney Tunes.
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
(d) Gertie the Dinosaur.
5. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
(a) Kansas City Film Ad Company.
(b) Virginia City Film Ad Company.
(c) Los Angeles Film Ad Company.
(d) Dallas Film Ad Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was McCay's first feature?
2. What was Disney's first animated feature?
3. When did Disney's focus move to his theme parks?
4. What did Fleischer tend to ignore?
5. Which of the following angered Disney's employees?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the strike that Disney employees put on.
2. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
3. Describe Disney's enthusiasm for his work.
4. Describe Disney's rocky start in the animation industry.
5. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
6. What were the limits on early animation?
7. Describe the "bouncing ball" that Fleischer created.
8. Describe "Little Nemo."
9. Why did Disney lose the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
10. Describe the machine that Bray created.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)