|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives describes Disney's early career?
2. Where was Fleischer from?
(b) United Kingdom.
3. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
(c) Black and white film.
(d) Post-recorded music.
4. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
5. Which of the following describes McCay's first feature?
(a) No main character.
(b) No storyline.
(c) No frames per second.
(d) No personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Winsor McCay from?
2. What was the name of the feature Fleischer worked on with the American Museum of Natural History?
3. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
4. Which character did Max Fleischer create?
5. According to McCay, what should animation be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Disney lose the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
2. Describe "Little Nemo."
3. Why was the audience skeptical of McCay?
4. How did Mae West influence Fleischer's work?
5. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
6. Describe the strike that Disney employees put on.
7. What were the strengths of the Fleischer brothers? What were the weaknesses?
8. Why did Disney's success slow down during World War II?
9. Describe Winsor McCay and his views.
10. Why do you think Leonard Maltin calls Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)