|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Betty Boop introduced?
2. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
3. What was the number of workers that picketed Disney's studio while on strike?
4. At what point did Disney's work stop exploding?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) His workers began rioting.
(d) World War II.
5. Which of the following is described as being Disney's most unusual and dynamic success?
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(d) The Lion King.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
2. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
3. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
4. Who was Fleischer's biggest competition?
5. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Disney's rocky start in the animation industry.
2. What were the consequences of Fleischer being a bad businessman?
3. Describe the difficulties involved in creating "Snow White."
4. Describe "Little Nemo."
5. What was Fleischer's relationship with Paramount?
6. When and why did Disney begin to focus on creating theme parks?
7. How did Mae West influence Fleischer's work?
8. What kept Disney on top of his competition?
9. What were the limits on early animation?
10. Why was the audience skeptical of McCay?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)