|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fleischer miss out on?
(a) Feature films.
(b) Television spots.
(c) Creating unique stories.
2. In what year did McCay's first feature come out?
3. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 month.
4. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
(a) His desire to create only animal-like characters.
(b) His desire to create voluptuous female characters.
(c) His desire for gags.
(d) His desire to create musicals.
5. Where was Winsor McCay from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Disney's first animated feature?
2. Which of the following best describes Disney's work ethic?
3. Who called Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
4. Which of the following is often considered to be the first true animated cartoon?
5. Who was the founder of Paramount Studios?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did it take so long for animation to gain popularity?
2. Describe "Little Nemo."
3. What were the limits on early animation?
4. Describe McCay's inspiration and uprising.
5. Why was the audience skeptical of McCay?
6. How did Mae West influence Fleischer's work?
7. What were the consequences of Fleischer being a bad businessman?
8. Why did Disney's success slow down during World War II?
9. Describe Winsor McCay and his views.
10. Describe the "bouncing ball" that Fleischer created.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)