|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was a fault of Fleischer's?
(a) Bad at being original rather than copying.
(b) Bad at creating storylines.
(c) Bad at doing business.
(d) Bad at creating characters.
2. Which of the following kept Disney on top in the animation industry?
(a) Full-length films.
(b) Short cartoons before movies.
(c) Creating comic books.
(d) Television shows.
3. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
4. Where was Fleischer from?
(d) United Kingdom.
5. How many employees did Fleischer have in 1923?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Emile Cohl from?
2. What was Disney able to do well that others could not?
3. Which of the following did Disney have trouble managing?
4. Which character did Max Fleischer create?
5. When did Disney's focus move to his theme parks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Disney's rocky start in the animation industry.
2. Do you think Disney would have become successful today? Why or why not?
3. Why did it take so long for animation to gain popularity?
4. What was Fleischer's relationship with Paramount?
5. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
6. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
7. What were the strengths of the Fleischer brothers? What were the weaknesses?
8. Describe the strike that Disney employees put on.
9. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
10. Describe Disney's enthusiasm for his work.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)