|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point did Disney's work stop exploding?
(a) World War I.
(b) His workers began rioting.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Great Depression.
2. Which of the following did Disney refuse to spare?
(b) Employee welfare and salary.
(d) Character development.
3. What type of animal was Bimbo?
4. Which of the following kept Disney on top in the animation industry?
(a) Creating comic books.
(b) Short cartoons before movies.
(c) Television shows.
(d) Full-length films.
5. What did Bray's machine print on?
(a) Thin paper.
(b) Thick paper.
(d) Translucent paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character did Max Fleischer create?
2. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
3. Which of the following limited early animation?
4. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
5. According to McCay, what should animation be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was John Randolph Bray?
2. Do you think Disney would have become successful today? Why or why not?
3. Why was the audience skeptical of McCay?
4. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
5. Describe the difficulties involved in creating "Snow White."
6. How did Mae West influence Fleischer's work?
7. Describe Max Fleischer's body of work.
8. Describe "Little Nemo."
9. Why did Disney lose the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
10. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)