|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
(b) Actual animals.
2. When was Betty Boop introduced?
3. What was the last film that Disney actually worked on?
(b) Mary Poppins.
(c) The Jungle Book.
4. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
5. What did McCay begin as?
(b) Newspaper cartoonist.
(c) Military film maker.
(d) Children's book illustrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early days of animation, how many frames per second were required for an animated piece?
2. What did Bray's invention do?
3. Which of the following describes McCay's first feature?
4. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
5. Who of the following was one of Disney's co-workers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
2. What kept Disney on top of his competition?
3. Why did it take so long for animation to gain popularity?
4. Do you think Disney would have become successful today? Why or why not?
5. When and why did Disney begin to focus on creating theme parks?
6. Describe the difficulties involved in creating "Snow White."
7. Describe Disney's enthusiasm for his work.
8. Describe Disney's rocky start in the animation industry.
9. What complications and struggles did McCay face?
10. What were the strengths of the Fleischer brothers? What were the weaknesses?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)