|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Fleischer's most popular and long-lasting invention?
(a) Digital camera.
(d) Bouncing ball.
2. Which of the following describes McCay's first feature?
(a) No frames per second.
(b) No storyline.
(c) No personality.
(d) No main character.
3. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
4. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
5. What was the number of workers that picketed Disney's studio while on strike?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was Disney's first instant success?
2. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
3. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
4. Who called Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
5. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the machine that Bray created.
2. What kept Disney on top of his competition?
3. Describe Disney's enthusiasm for his work.
4. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
5. Why did Disney's success slow down during World War II?
6. What were the strengths of the Fleischer brothers? What were the weaknesses?
7. What was Fleischer's relationship with Paramount?
8. Do you think Disney would have become successful today? Why or why not?
9. What were the differences between Max Fleischer and Dave Fleischer?
10. Describe the difficulties involved in creating "Snow White."
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)