|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to McCay, what should animation be?
2. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
(a) Moving Picture World.
(b) Creative Crazy World.
(c) Strange New World.
(d) Stalling the New World.
3. In which century was animation invented?
4. Who was Fleischer's biggest competition?
(d) Warner Brothers.
5. Which of the following best describes Disney's work ethic?
(a) He could not understand enthusiasm for work.
(b) He had little care for detail.
(c) He was a workaholic.
(d) He wanted money, not pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
2. What did Bray's invention do?
3. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
4. What was the number of workers that picketed Disney's studio while on strike?
5. When was Betty Boop introduced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
2. What were the limits on early animation?
3. What was Fleischer's relationship with Paramount?
4. Describe the difficulties involved in creating "Snow White."
5. Describe Disney's rocky start in the animation industry.
6. Why do you think Leonard Maltin calls Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
7. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
8. Describe the "bouncing ball" that Fleischer created.
9. What were the differences between Max Fleischer and Dave Fleischer?
10. What were the consequences of Fleischer being a bad businessman?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)