|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fleischer miss out on?
(a) Feature films.
(b) Television spots.
(d) Creating unique stories.
2. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
(a) His desire to create musicals.
(b) His desire for gags.
(c) His desire to create voluptuous female characters.
(d) His desire to create only animal-like characters.
3. When was Gertie the Dinosaur released?
4. Which of the following was Disney's first instant success?
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) Mickey Mouse.
(d) The Lion King.
5. What seemed to always win for Disney?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His quality.
(c) His money managing skills.
(d) His vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
2. Which of the following did Disney refuse to spare?
3. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
4. Originally, what animal made up part of Betty Boop?
5. In the early days of animation, how many frames per second were required for an animated piece?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Disney lose the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
2. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
3. Describe Disney's rocky start in the animation industry.
4. Who was John Randolph Bray?
5. What were the limits on early animation?
6. Why do you think Leonard Maltin calls Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
7. Describe the difficulties involved in creating "Snow White."
8. Why did Disney's success slow down during World War II?
9. Describe the machine that Bray created.
10. Describe the "bouncing ball" that Fleischer created.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)