|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
(b) Looney Tunes.
(c) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(d) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
2. What was Disney's first significant piece of animation for his new business?
(a) Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
(b) Snow White.
(c) Porky Pig.
(d) Mickey Mouse.
3. What type of job did Margaret Winkler have at Disney?
(a) Disneys distributor.
(b) Disney's animator.
(c) Disney's manager.
(d) Disney's producer.
4. Which of the following films did Disney actually work on?
(b) Beauty and the Beast.
(c) Curious George.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
5. What is a nickname for celluloid?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Red Seal Pictures formed?
2. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
3. What was McCay's first feature?
4. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
5. Which of the following was the name of one of Fleischer's first features?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the limits on early animation?
2. Describe the machine that Bray created.
3. Why did it take so long for animation to gain popularity?
4. Do you think Disney would have become successful today? Why or why not?
5. Who was John Randolph Bray?
6. What were the consequences of Fleischer being a bad businessman?
7. Describe Disney's rocky start in the animation industry.
8. Why did Disney's success slow down during World War II?
9. When and why did Disney begin to focus on creating theme parks?
10. Describe McCay's inspiration and uprising.
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)