|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bray apply for a patent?
2. Where was Winsor McCay from?
3. What was Bray's occupation?
(b) Comic book artist.
(c) Film producer.
(d) Newspaper cartoonist.
4. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
(a) A comic book.
(b) A military film.
(c) A flip book.
(d) A Disney film.
5. What did Fleischer miss out on?
(a) Television spots.
(c) Feature films.
(d) Creating unique stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is an example of a cartoon including live-action?
2. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
3. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
4. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
5. What is a nickname for celluloid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the machine that Bray created.
2. Describe the difficulties involved in creating "Snow White."
3. Describe three of Disney's legendary works.
4. Describe Max Fleischer's body of work.
5. What were the differences between Max Fleischer and Dave Fleischer?
6. How did Mae West influence Fleischer's work?
7. Why did Disney's success slow down during World War II?
8. Why did Disney lose the rights to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit?
9. Why did it take so long for animation to gain popularity?
10. Describe McCay's preferences as an animator in the film industry.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)