|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed about Porky Pig over time?
(a) His plots.
(b) His voice.
(c) His friends.
(d) His appearance.
2. What was the problem with Terry's characters?
(a) They were not funny.
(b) They were not child-friendly.
(c) They were not animals.
(d) They were not memorable.
3. According to the author, in what area did Iwerks struggle?
(a) Money managing.
(c) Character personality.
4. What was Mintz's primary concern?
(a) Entertaining children.
(b) Making money.
(c) Creating art.
(d) Entertaining adults.
5. Who was Van Beuren's most successful character?
(a) Betty Boop.
(b) Tom and Jerry.
(c) Farmer Al Falfa.
6. When did Iwerks and Disney meet?
7. Who did Lantz work for in Los Angeles?
(a) Warner Brothers.
8. Who immediately became the lead star of Warner Brothers animations?
(a) Betty Boop.
(b) Porky Pig.
(c) Mickey Mouse.
(d) Bugs Bunny.
9. What was the name of Warner Brothers' main animated feature?
(a) Funny Toons.
(b) Crazy Cartoons.
(c) Looney Tunes.
(d) Simple Songs.
10. What was Mintz's best cartoon?
(a) The Little Crazy Girl.
(b) The Little Smiley Girl.
(c) The Little Garden Girl.
(d) The Little Match Girl.
11. Which of the following best describes Van Beuren's animators?
(a) Not very skilled.
(b) Better than Disney's animators.
(c) Skeptical of their own work.
(d) Lacking in variety, but skillful.
12. Which of the following was single handedly animated by Iwerks?
(a) La Bamba.
(b) Fox Trot.
(c) Disney Dance.
(d) Skeleton Dance.
13. When did Lantz close his studio?
14. How old was Mintz when he died?
15. Who did Iwerks sell his first series to?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take Iwerks to complete "Plane Crazy"?
2. When was the court injunction against Van Beuren obtained?
3. What did Terry and Van Beuren fight over?
4. To whom did Mintz owe an overwhelming debt?
5. What was Krazy Kat originally?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)