|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Van Beuren's studio situated?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
2. Who were many Warner Brothers animators told to copy?
3. In what year did Lantz begin to fight with Universal?
4. Who is described as being "animation's forgotten man"?
(a) Ub Iwerks.
(b) Walt Disney.
(c) Walter Lantz.
(d) Max Fleischer.
5. Which of the following did Iwerks most seem to lack?
(a) Speech skills.
(c) Writing skills.
(d) Drawing skills.
6. Who created Woody Woodpecker?
7. Who is known for creating the most successful characters?
(d) Warner Brothers.
8. According to the author, in what area did Iwerks struggle?
(c) Money managing.
(d) Character personality.
9. Who was Van Beuren's most successful character?
(a) Tom and Jerry.
(c) Betty Boop.
(d) Farmer Al Falfa.
10. What was Iwerks' record for drawings completed in a day?
11. Which of the following was single handedly animated by Iwerks?
(a) Fox Trot.
(b) Skeleton Dance.
(c) Disney Dance.
(d) La Bamba.
12. When was the court injunction against Van Beuren obtained?
13. During the 1930s, where did most animators want to be?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
14. Which of the following is a Warner Brothers feature?
(a) Silly Songs.
(b) Merrie Melodies.
(c) Terry Tunes.
(d) Simple Songs.
15. When he went solo, what was the first character Iwerks created?
(a) Flip the Frog.
(b) Flick the Frog.
(c) Fellow the Frog.
(d) Felix the Frog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Lantz get a job as a cameraman?
2. When did Ben Hardaway join Lantz's studio?
3. Who was Mintz's most successful character?
4. When did Krazy Kat appear on the big screen?
5. Who immediately became the lead star of Warner Brothers animations?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)