|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Terry and Van Beuren fight over?
2. What changed about Porky Pig over time?
(a) His voice.
(b) His plots.
(c) His friends.
(d) His appearance.
3. The producer of which company bailed Iwerks out of trouble?
(c) Warner Bros.
4. What was the problem with Terry's characters?
(a) They were not memorable.
(b) They were not animals.
(c) They were not child-friendly.
(d) They were not funny.
5. What caused Mintz's passion to wane?
(a) Theater type.
(c) Film type.
6. Who was Mintz's most successful character?
7. Who was Krazy Kat distributed through?
(a) Warner Brothers.
8. What type of animal was Weakheart?
9. Who were many Warner Brothers animators told to copy?
10. Who is described as being "animation's forgotten man"?
(a) Max Fleischer.
(b) Walt Disney.
(c) Ub Iwerks.
(d) Walter Lantz.
11. What animated character was Terry's biggest star?
(a) Betty Boop.
(c) Mighty Mouse.
(d) Chilly Willy.
12. What was Mintz's best cartoon?
(a) The Little Match Girl.
(b) The Little Crazy Girl.
(c) The Little Garden Girl.
(d) The Little Smiley Girl.
13. Which of the following is the second animation single handedly done by Iwerks?
(b) Steamboat Willie.
(c) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(d) Peter Pan.
14. What was Lantz's first animal success?
(a) Tibby Fish.
(b) Paulie Pigeon.
(c) Andy Panda.
(d) Sammy Cat.
15. Who did Mintz hire two animators from?
(d) Warner Bros.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who approached Terry for a partnership?
2. When was Lantz born?
3. In what year did Lantz begin to fight with Universal?
4. Which of the following is not a Warner Brothers character?
5. What was the name of Warner Brothers' duck character?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)