|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Disney part with Iwerks?
2. Where was Lantz from?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
3. Which of the following best describes Van Beuren's animators?
(a) Not very skilled.
(b) Skeptical of their own work.
(c) Better than Disney's animators.
(d) Lacking in variety, but skillful.
4. Which of the following was single handedly animated by Iwerks?
(a) Disney Dance.
(b) La Bamba.
(c) Fox Trot.
(d) Skeleton Dance.
5. What was Mintz's best cartoon?
(a) The Little Garden Girl.
(b) The Little Smiley Girl.
(c) The Little Match Girl.
(d) The Little Crazy Girl.
6. What changed about Porky Pig over time?
(a) His plots.
(b) His appearance.
(c) His voice.
(d) His friends.
7. When did the modern version of Woody Woodpecker come about?
8. When did Krazy Kat appear on the big screen?
9. What was Lantz's first animal success?
(a) Andy Panda.
(b) Sammy Cat.
(c) Paulie Pigeon.
(d) Tibby Fish.
10. In what year was "String Bean Jack" created?
11. During the 1930s, where did most animators want to be?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
12. What was the name of the man heading Iwerks' animation department?
13. What was Paul Terry most interested in?
(a) Film distribution.
(b) Film production.
(c) Creating stories.
(d) Drawing cartoons.
14. Who was Mintz's most successful character?
15. Who is described as being "animation's forgotten man"?
(a) Walter Lantz.
(b) Walt Disney.
(c) Ub Iwerks.
(d) Max Fleischer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Van Beuren's most successful character?
2. For how many years did Lantz operate a studio?
3. What type of animal were Heckle and Jeckle?
4. What did Terry and Van Beuren fight over?
5. Which part of Mintz's company was left without leadership?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)