|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Mintz farm work out to?
2. Who owned the rights to the three-color process?
(d) Warner Bros.
3. Who was Mintz's most successful character?
4. Who won a court injunction against Van Beuren?
5. Who was Van Beuren's most successful character?
(a) Tom and Jerry.
(b) Betty Boop.
(c) Farmer Al Falfa.
6. Who did Lantz work for in Los Angeles?
(b) Warner Brothers.
7. According to the author, in what area did Iwerks struggle?
(b) Money managing.
(c) Character personality.
8. What did Dick Lundy want Lantz to do?
(a) Add dynamic settings.
(b) Add personality to characters.
(c) Add music.
(d) Add the "Disney touch."
9. Where was Van Beuren's studio situated?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
10. What was Mintz's primary concern?
(a) Entertaining adults.
(b) Entertaining children.
(c) Making money.
(d) Creating art.
11. What was Mintz's best cartoon?
(a) The Little Smiley Girl.
(b) The Little Crazy Girl.
(c) The Little Match Girl.
(d) The Little Garden Girl.
12. What animated character was Terry's biggest star?
(a) Mighty Mouse.
(c) Betty Boop.
(d) Chilly Willy.
13. When he went solo, what was the first character Iwerks created?
(a) Flip the Frog.
(b) Flick the Frog.
(c) Felix the Frog.
(d) Fellow the Frog.
14. What was Krazy Kat originally?
(a) Short commercial.
(b) Feature film.
(c) Comic strip.
(d) Graphic novel.
15. Which of the following is not a Warner Brothers character?
(a) Daffy Duck.
(b) Porky Pig.
(c) Betty Boop.
(d) Bugs Bunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lundy once work with?
2. Where was Lantz from?
3. How long did it take Iwerks to complete "Plane Crazy"?
4. Which of the following best describes Van Beuren's animators?
5. Who were many Warner Brothers animators told to copy?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)