|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who immediately became the lead star of Warner Brothers animations?
(a) Porky Pig.
(b) Mickey Mouse.
(c) Betty Boop.
(d) Bugs Bunny.
2. Who was Van Beuren's most successful character?
(a) Farmer Al Falfa.
(b) Betty Boop.
(c) Tom and Jerry.
3. What was the name of the man heading Iwerks' animation department?
4. What changed about Porky Pig over time?
(a) His voice.
(b) His friends.
(c) His plots.
(d) His appearance.
5. Who is known for creating the most successful characters?
(c) Warner Brothers.
6. Who did Iwerks sell his first series to?
7. What was Mintz's primary concern?
(a) Creating art.
(b) Entertaining adults.
(c) Making money.
(d) Entertaining children.
8. When did Lantz close his studio?
9. What was Krazy Kat originally?
(a) Comic strip.
(b) Feature film.
(c) Graphic novel.
(d) Short commercial.
10. Which of the following is a Warner Brothers feature?
(a) Merrie Melodies.
(b) Simple Songs.
(c) Terry Tunes.
(d) Silly Songs.
11. What did Iwerks do best?
(b) Money managing.
(c) Character personality.
12. What was the name of Warner Brothers' duck character?
13. When he went solo, what was the first character Iwerks created?
(a) Felix the Frog.
(b) Flick the Frog.
(c) Fellow the Frog.
(d) Flip the Frog.
14. Who did Lundy once work with?
15. How long did it take Iwerks to complete "Plane Crazy"?
(a) Less than a month.
(b) Less than 3 days.
(c) One year.
(d) Less than 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Ben Hardaway join Lantz's studio?
2. Which character had its first appearance in "Gold Diggers of '49"?
3. Which part of Mintz's company was left without leadership?
4. In what year did Lantz begin to fight with Universal?
5. What animated character was Terry's biggest star?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)