|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mintz's primary concern?
(a) Creating art.
(b) Entertaining children.
(c) Entertaining adults.
(d) Making money.
2. When he went solo, what was the first character Iwerks created?
(a) Flick the Frog.
(b) Felix the Frog.
(c) Fellow the Frog.
(d) Flip the Frog.
3. To whom did Mintz owe an overwhelming debt?
4. Who did Mintz farm work out to?
5. How long did it take Iwerks to complete "Plane Crazy"?
(a) One year.
(b) Less than 2 weeks.
(c) Less than 3 days.
(d) Less than a month.
6. Which of the following best describes Van Beuren's animators?
(a) Lacking in variety, but skillful.
(b) Not very skilled.
(c) Skeptical of their own work.
(d) Better than Disney's animators.
7. What was the name of Warner Brothers' main animated feature?
(a) Funny Toons.
(b) Simple Songs.
(c) Crazy Cartoons.
(d) Looney Tunes.
8. Who did Lundy once work with?
9. What was Iwerks' record for drawings completed in a day?
10. Who immediately became the lead star of Warner Brothers animations?
(a) Betty Boop.
(b) Bugs Bunny.
(c) Mickey Mouse.
(d) Porky Pig.
11. What caused Mintz's passion to wane?
(a) Theater type.
(b) Film type.
12. In what year did Lantz begin to fight with Universal?
13. What did Dick Lundy want Lantz to do?
(a) Add dynamic settings.
(b) Add the "Disney touch."
(c) Add music.
(d) Add personality to characters.
14. Who was Krazy Kat distributed through?
(c) Warner Brothers.
15. What was Lantz's first animal success?
(a) Sammy Cat.
(b) Paulie Pigeon.
(c) Tibby Fish.
(d) Andy Panda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mintz's best cartoon?
2. Who won a court injunction against Van Beuren?
3. Who owned the rights to the three-color process?
4. Who created Woody Woodpecker?
5. When was Iwerks offered his own studio?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)