|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Lantz begin to fight with Universal?
2. What was Iwerks' record for drawings completed in a day?
3. Who is described as being "animation's forgotten man"?
(a) Walt Disney.
(b) Walter Lantz.
(c) Max Fleischer.
(d) Ub Iwerks.
4. Who was Mintz's most successful character?
5. What was the name of the man heading Iwerks' animation department?
6. Who won a court injunction against Van Beuren?
7. Which of the following best describes Van Beuren's animators?
(a) Skeptical of their own work.
(b) Better than Disney's animators.
(c) Lacking in variety, but skillful.
(d) Not very skilled.
8. Which of the following is the second animation single handedly done by Iwerks?
(a) Steamboat Willie.
(b) Peter Pan.
(c) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
9. When was the Aesop's Fable series dropped?
10. What was Paul Terry's company's name?
(b) Looney Toons.
(d) Warner Brothers.
11. Which of the following was single handedly animated by Iwerks?
(a) Fox Trot.
(b) Skeleton Dance.
(c) Disney Dance.
(d) La Bamba.
12. How long did it take Iwerks to complete "Plane Crazy"?
(a) One year.
(b) Less than a month.
(c) Less than 2 weeks.
(d) Less than 3 days.
13. When did Krazy Kat appear on the big screen?
14. Who were many Warner Brothers animators told to copy?
15. When did Disney part with Iwerks?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is known for creating the most successful characters?
2. What animated character was Terry's biggest star?
3. Who did Mintz farm work out to?
4. When was the court injunction against Van Beuren obtained?
5. Where was Lantz from?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)