|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
(b) Theater patrons.
2. What was Bray's occupation?
(b) Newspaper cartoonist.
(c) Comic book artist.
(d) Film producer.
3. Where did McCay prefer to make appearances?
(a) Broadway musicals.
(c) Poetry readings.
(d) Film sets.
4. What did McCay begin as?
(a) Military film maker.
(c) Children's book illustrator.
(d) Newspaper cartoonist.
5. What did Fleischer miss out on?
(b) Feature films.
(c) Television spots.
(d) Creating unique stories.
6. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
7. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
(a) Kansas City Film Ad Company.
(b) Los Angeles Film Ad Company.
(c) Virginia City Film Ad Company.
(d) Dallas Film Ad Company.
8. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
(a) Bray's invention.
(b) Flip book.
9. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
(a) His desire to create musicals.
(b) His desire to create only animal-like characters.
(c) His desire to create voluptuous female characters.
(d) His desire for gags.
10. Which of the following angered Disney's employees?
(a) He expected them to be too creative.
(b) No overtime pay.
(c) He put little effort into quality.
(d) No incentives to continue working.
11. Who was the founder of Paramount Studios?
(a) Alexander Zorkins.
(b) Adolph Zukor.
(c) Allan Zane.
(d) Alex Zuport.
12. What was Disney's first animated feature?
(a) Steamboat Willie.
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) Newman's Laugh-O-Grams.
13. When did Disney's focus move to his theme parks?
14. When was Gertie the Dinosaur released?
15. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the number of workers that picketed Disney's studio while on strike?
2. Through all of Disney's struggles, which of the following never suffered?
3. Which of the following was Disney's first instant success?
4. At what point did Disney's work stop exploding?
5. What type of animal was Bimbo?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)