|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Winsor McCay from?
2. How did Disney's employees describe his outlook?
3. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
4. Who took away the rights to one of Disney's characters?
(a) Ub Iwerks.
(b) Charles Mintz.
(c) Max Fleischer.
(d) David Fleischer.
5. What was Bray's occupation?
(b) Film producer.
(c) Comic book artist.
(d) Newspaper cartoonist.
6. Which of the following kept Disney on top in the animation industry?
(a) Creating comic books.
(b) Short cartoons before movies.
(c) Television shows.
(d) Full-length films.
7. In which century was animation invented?
8. What was Disney able to do well that others could not?
(a) Create settings vital to character development.
(b) Create interesting characters.
(c) Mix drama and comedy.
(d) Mix cartoon with live-action.
9. In the early days of animation, how many frames per second were required for an animated piece?
10. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
(b) Flip book.
(d) Bray's invention.
11. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
(a) Moving Picture World.
(b) Creative Crazy World.
(c) Strange New World.
(d) Stalling the New World.
12. When did Disney form his first company?
13. What did Bray's invention do?
(a) Made diagrams.
(b) Made large flip books.
(c) Made copies of backgrounds.
(d) Made copies of characters in different positions.
14. Which of the following angered Disney's employees?
(a) He expected them to be too creative.
(b) He put little effort into quality.
(c) No overtime pay.
(d) No incentives to continue working.
15. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
(a) A military film.
(b) A Disney film.
(c) A flip book.
(d) A comic book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
2. How many employees did Fleischer have in 1923?
3. Originally, what animal made up part of Betty Boop?
4. Which of the following is often considered to be the first true animated cartoon?
5. What did Fleischer patent?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)