|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
(a) Post-recorded music.
(c) Black and white film.
2. Which of the following films did Disney actually work on?
(a) Sleeping Beauty.
(c) Curious George.
(d) Beauty and the Beast.
3. What was Fleischer's most popular and long-lasting invention?
(a) Bouncing ball.
(b) Digital camera.
4. In which century was animation invented?
5. When was Disney's last film released?
(a) A month before his death.
(b) A year before his death.
(c) A year after his death.
(d) The day that he died.
6. What was the number of workers that picketed Disney's studio while on strike?
7. In the early days of animation, how many frames per second were required for an animated piece?
8. What did Fleischer patent?
(b) Background template.
9. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
(a) A Disney film.
(b) A flip book.
(c) A military film.
(d) A comic book.
10. Who of the following was one of Disney's co-workers?
(a) Charles Mintz.
(b) Ub Iwerks.
(c) Paul Terry.
(d) Max Fleischer.
11. Who was the founder of Paramount Studios?
(a) Adolph Zukor.
(b) Alex Zuport.
(c) Allan Zane.
(d) Alexander Zorkins.
12. What was Disney able to do well that others could not?
(a) Create interesting characters.
(b) Mix drama and comedy.
(c) Create settings vital to character development.
(d) Mix cartoon with live-action.
13. When was Gertie the Dinosaur released?
14. Which of the following was the name of one of Fleischer's first features?
(a) Koko the Clown.
(b) Soso the Clown.
(c) Kiki the Clown.
(d) Cici the Clown.
15. Which of the following limited early animation?
(a) Low production costs.
(b) Black and white coloring.
(c) Ability to combine live action with cartoons.
(d) Inappropriate drawing tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
2. When was Betty Boop introduced?
3. When did Bray apply for a patent?
4. When did Disney form his first company?
5. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)