|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Disney's first significant piece of animation for his new business?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(b) Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
(c) Porky Pig.
(d) Snow White.
2. Which of the following limited early animation?
(a) Inappropriate drawing tools.
(b) Black and white coloring.
(c) Ability to combine live action with cartoons.
(d) Low production costs.
3. What was Bray fascinated by?
(a) Comic books.
(c) Child psychology.
4. When was Betty Boop introduced?
5. Who took away the rights to one of Disney's characters?
(a) Ub Iwerks.
(b) David Fleischer.
(c) Charles Mintz.
(d) Max Fleischer.
6. How long did Red Seal last?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 7 years.
7. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
(a) Virginia City Film Ad Company.
(b) Los Angeles Film Ad Company.
(c) Dallas Film Ad Company.
(d) Kansas City Film Ad Company.
8. Where did Disney begin working as an ad man?
(a) Walt Disney Studio.
(b) MGM Studio.
(c) Oswald Studio.
(d) Pesmen-Rubin Art Studio.
9. Where was Fleischer from?
(a) United Kingdom.
10. In what year did McCay's first feature come out?
11. When was Red Seal Pictures formed?
12. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Looney Tunes.
(b) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(c) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
(d) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
13. Through all of Disney's struggles, which of the following never suffered?
(a) Employee pay.
14. What did Bray's invention do?
(a) Made copies of characters in different positions.
(b) Made diagrams.
(c) Made large flip books.
(d) Made copies of backgrounds.
15. What was Bray's occupation?
(a) Comic book artist.
(b) Newspaper cartoonist.
(d) Film producer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was Disney's first instant success?
2. When did Bray apply for a patent?
3. Which of the following is described as being Disney's most unusual and dynamic success?
4. What seemed to always win for Disney?
5. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)