|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Disney's employees describe his outlook?
2. Which of the following describes McCay's first feature?
(a) No storyline.
(b) No personality.
(c) No frames per second.
(d) No main character.
3. What was Bray's occupation?
(a) Film producer.
(b) Comic book artist.
(d) Newspaper cartoonist.
4. Where did McCay prefer to make appearances?
(a) Broadway musicals.
(b) Poetry readings.
(c) Film sets.
5. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
(a) His desire to create voluptuous female characters.
(b) His desire to create only animal-like characters.
(c) His desire for gags.
(d) His desire to create musicals.
6. Which of the following did Disney have trouble managing?
7. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
8. When was Red Seal Pictures formed?
9. Which of the following adjectives describes Disney's early career?
10. Who called Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
(b) A Warner Brothers studio executive.
11. What was Bray fascinated by?
(b) Comic books.
(c) Child psychology.
12. Where was Winsor McCay from?
13. What did Fleischer tend to ignore?
(a) Background animation.
(b) Character development.
(d) Music and sound.
14. Who of the following was one of Disney's co-workers?
(a) Charles Mintz.
(b) Paul Terry.
(c) Max Fleischer.
(d) Ub Iwerks.
15. Which of the following was the name of one of Fleischer's first features?
(a) Koko the Clown.
(b) Soso the Clown.
(c) Cici the Clown.
(d) Kiki the Clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which film was convincing enough to suggest that McCay was not tricking anybody?
2. Where did Disney begin working as an ad man?
3. In the early days of animation, how many frames per second were required for an animated piece?
4. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
5. Which of the following is described as being Disney's most unusual and dynamic success?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)