|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
2. What did Fleischer patent?
(c) Background template.
3. What was Disney able to do well that others could not?
(a) Create settings vital to character development.
(b) Mix cartoon with live-action.
(c) Mix drama and comedy.
(d) Create interesting characters.
4. What was the name of the feature Fleischer worked on with the American Museum of Natural History?
5. When was Gertie the Dinosaur released?
6. What was McCay's first feature?
(a) Little Nemo.
(b) Looking for Nemo.
(c) Tiny Nemo.
(d) Finding Nemo.
7. Which of the following angered Disney's employees?
(a) No overtime pay.
(b) No incentives to continue working.
(c) He put little effort into quality.
(d) He expected them to be too creative.
8. What was Bray's occupation?
(a) Film producer.
(b) Newspaper cartoonist.
(d) Comic book artist.
9. Where was Emile Cohl from?
(b) United Kingdom.
10. How did Disney's employees describe his outlook?
11. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
(b) Film industry.
12. Which of the following kept Disney on top in the animation industry?
(a) Television shows.
(b) Short cartoons before movies.
(c) Full-length films.
(d) Creating comic books.
13. Which of the following was the name of one of Fleischer's first features?
(a) Koko the Clown.
(b) Soso the Clown.
(c) Kiki the Clown.
(d) Cici the Clown.
14. Which of the following is described as being Disney's most unusual and dynamic success?
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) The Lion King.
15. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
(a) A military film.
(b) A flip book.
(c) A comic book.
(d) A Disney film.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
2. In which century was animation invented?
3. What type of job did Margaret Winkler have at Disney?
4. Originally, what animal made up part of Betty Boop?
5. Which of the following did Disney have trouble managing?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)