|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
2. What did Fleischer work on during World War II?
(a) Live-action feature films.
(b) Children's cartoons.
(c) Betty Boop.
(d) Military films.
3. Through all of Disney's struggles, which of the following never suffered?
(b) Employee pay.
4. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 month.
5. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
6. What was Bray fascinated by?
(a) Comic books.
(c) Child psychology.
7. What was Disney's first significant piece of animation for his new business?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(b) Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
(c) Porky Pig.
(d) Snow White.
8. What type of animal was Bimbo?
9. What seemed to always win for Disney?
(a) His money managing skills.
(b) His vision.
(c) His quality.
(d) His intelligence.
10. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
(b) Theater patrons.
11. Where was Winsor McCay from?
12. Which of the following adjectives describes Disney's early career?
13. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
(b) Film industry.
14. What was McCay's first feature?
(a) Little Nemo.
(b) Looking for Nemo.
(c) Finding Nemo.
(d) Tiny Nemo.
15. Which of the following best describes Disney's work ethic?
(a) He had little care for detail.
(b) He could not understand enthusiasm for work.
(c) He wanted money, not pleasure.
(d) He was a workaholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fleischer tend to ignore?
2. What was Bray's occupation?
3. Which of the following did Disney have trouble managing?
4. When was Gertie the Dinosaur released?
5. What did Bray's machine print on?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)