|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took away the rights to one of Disney's characters?
(a) Ub Iwerks.
(b) David Fleischer.
(c) Charles Mintz.
(d) Max Fleischer.
2. According to McCay, what should animation be?
3. Who was the founder of Paramount Studios?
(a) Alex Zuport.
(b) Allan Zane.
(c) Alexander Zorkins.
(d) Adolph Zukor.
4. What was McCay's first feature?
(a) Finding Nemo.
(b) Little Nemo.
(c) Tiny Nemo.
(d) Looking for Nemo.
5. When did Bray apply for a patent?
6. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
(a) Post-recorded music.
(d) Black and white film.
7. Who was Fleischer's biggest competition?
(d) Warner Brothers.
8. Who of the following was one of Disney's co-workers?
(a) Charles Mintz.
(b) Ub Iwerks.
(c) Paul Terry.
(d) Max Fleischer.
9. What did McCay begin as?
(a) Children's book illustrator.
(b) Military film maker.
(c) Newspaper cartoonist.
10. Which of the following was Disney's first instant success?
(a) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(b) The Lion King.
(d) Mickey Mouse.
11. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 1 month.
12. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
(a) His desire for gags.
(b) His desire to create voluptuous female characters.
(c) His desire to create only animal-like characters.
(d) His desire to create musicals.
13. When did Disney form his first company?
14. Where did Disney begin working as an ad man?
(a) MGM Studio.
(b) Pesmen-Rubin Art Studio.
(c) Oswald Studio.
(d) Walt Disney Studio.
15. Which is an example of a cartoon including live-action?
(c) Mary Poppins.
(d) The Lion King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through all of Disney's struggles, which of the following never suffered?
2. What did Bray's invention do?
3. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
4. Which of the following kept Disney on top in the animation industry?
5. At what point did Disney's work stop exploding?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)