|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(b) Looney Tunes.
(c) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
(d) Gertie the Dinosaur.
2. When did Fleischer start his own company?
3. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
(a) Dallas Film Ad Company.
(b) Virginia City Film Ad Company.
(c) Kansas City Film Ad Company.
(d) Los Angeles Film Ad Company.
4. When was Betty Boop introduced?
5. Who called Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
(a) A Warner Brothers studio executive.
6. Who was Fleischer's biggest competition?
(a) Warner Brothers.
7. Where was Emile Cohl from?
(c) United Kingdom.
8. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
(a) Bray's invention.
(d) Flip book.
9. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
10. What was the name of the feature Fleischer worked on with the American Museum of Natural History?
11. What was Bray's occupation?
(a) Newspaper cartoonist.
(c) Film producer.
(d) Comic book artist.
12. Which of the following angered Disney's employees?
(a) He put little effort into quality.
(b) He expected them to be too creative.
(c) No incentives to continue working.
(d) No overtime pay.
13. Which of the following did Disney refuse to spare?
(a) Character development.
(d) Employee welfare and salary.
14. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
(a) Moving Picture World.
(b) Creative Crazy World.
(c) Stalling the New World.
(d) Strange New World.
15. What did Bray's invention do?
(a) Made copies of characters in different positions.
(b) Made diagrams.
(c) Made large flip books.
(d) Made copies of backgrounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
2. At what point did Disney's work stop exploding?
3. Who of the following was one of Disney's co-workers?
4. Where did Disney begin working as an ad man?
5. In what year did McCay's first feature come out?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)