|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following angered Disney's employees?
(a) He expected them to be too creative.
(b) No incentives to continue working.
(c) No overtime pay.
(d) He put little effort into quality.
2. Where did McCay prefer to make appearances?
(b) Poetry readings.
(c) Broadway musicals.
(d) Film sets.
3. What did Fleischer work on during World War II?
(a) Children's cartoons.
(b) Live-action feature films.
(c) Military films.
(d) Betty Boop.
4. How many employees did Fleischer have in 1923?
5. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
(a) Black and white film.
(b) Post-recorded music.
6. Which character did Max Fleischer create?
(a) Betty Boop.
(b) Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
(c) Porky Pig.
(d) Mickey Mouse.
7. Where did Disney begin working as an ad man?
(a) MGM Studio.
(b) Walt Disney Studio.
(c) Pesmen-Rubin Art Studio.
(d) Oswald Studio.
8. How did Disney's employees describe his outlook?
9. Who of the following was one of Disney's co-workers?
(a) Charles Mintz.
(b) Paul Terry.
(c) Ub Iwerks.
(d) Max Fleischer.
10. When did Bray apply for a patent?
11. What did Fleischer miss out on?
(a) Television spots.
(c) Feature films.
(d) Creating unique stories.
12. What was the number of workers that picketed Disney's studio while on strike?
13. In which century was animation invented?
14. When was Red Seal Pictures formed?
15. What type of animal was Bimbo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was the name of one of Fleischer's first features?
2. What type of job did Margaret Winkler have at Disney?
3. What did Bray's machine print on?
4. Where was Winsor McCay from?
5. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)