|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
(a) Bray's invention.
(c) Flip book.
2. Who took away the rights to one of Disney's characters?
(a) Max Fleischer.
(b) David Fleischer.
(c) Ub Iwerks.
(d) Charles Mintz.
3. What did Bray's machine print on?
(a) Translucent paper.
(b) Thin paper.
(d) Thick paper.
4. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
(b) Looney Tunes.
(c) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(d) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
5. Who was the founder of Paramount Studios?
(a) Adolph Zukor.
(b) Allan Zane.
(c) Alexander Zorkins.
(d) Alex Zuport.
6. In the early days of animation, how many frames per second were required for an animated piece?
7. Which of the following films did Disney actually work on?
(a) Curious George.
(b) Beauty and the Beast.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
8. Which of the following is often considered to be the first true animated cartoon?
(a) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(b) Little Nemo.
(c) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(d) Betty Boop.
9. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
(d) Film industry.
10. Which of the following limited early animation?
(a) Black and white coloring.
(b) Low production costs.
(c) Ability to combine live action with cartoons.
(d) Inappropriate drawing tools.
11. Which of the following is described as being Disney's most unusual and dynamic success?
(a) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(b) The Lion King.
12. What did Fleischer patent?
(a) Background template.
13. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
14. What did Fleischer miss out on?
(a) Creating unique stories.
(c) Feature films.
(d) Television spots.
15. Where was Emile Cohl from?
(a) United Kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which century was animation invented?
2. When did Fleischer start his own company?
3. Where was Winsor McCay from?
4. Which of the following did Disney have trouble managing?
5. When was Red Seal Pictures formed?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)