|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
(c) A Warner Brothers studio executive.
2. What did Fleischer patent?
(d) Background template.
3. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
4. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
(a) A flip book.
(b) A military film.
(c) A Disney film.
(d) A comic book.
5. When did Disney's focus move to his theme parks?
6. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 6 months.
7. How did Disney's employees describe his outlook?
8. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
(a) Flip book.
(c) Bray's invention.
9. Which of the following films did Disney actually work on?
(a) Beauty and the Beast.
(b) Sleeping Beauty.
(d) Curious George.
10. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
(b) Black and white film.
(c) Post-recorded music.
11. What type of animal was Bimbo?
12. Which of the following was a fault of Fleischer's?
(a) Bad at doing business.
(b) Bad at creating storylines.
(c) Bad at creating characters.
(d) Bad at being original rather than copying.
13. When did Bray apply for a patent?
14. Where was Emile Cohl from?
(b) United Kingdom.
15. Who took away the rights to one of Disney's characters?
(a) Ub Iwerks.
(b) Max Fleischer.
(c) David Fleischer.
(d) Charles Mintz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Disney refuse to spare?
2. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
3. How many employees did Fleischer have in 1923?
4. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
5. Which of the following adjectives describes Disney's early career?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)