|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fleischer miss out on?
(a) Feature films.
(c) Television spots.
(d) Creating unique stories.
2. What was Fleischer's most popular and long-lasting invention?
(a) Bouncing ball.
(d) Digital camera.
3. When did Disney's focus move to his theme parks?
4. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
(a) Creative Crazy World.
(b) Stalling the New World.
(c) Moving Picture World.
(d) Strange New World.
5. Which of the following did Disney refuse to spare?
(b) Employee welfare and salary.
(d) Character development.
6. What did McCay begin as?
(a) Military film maker.
(b) Newspaper cartoonist.
(c) Children's book illustrator.
7. Where was Fleischer from?
(a) United Kingdom.
8. What did Bray's machine print on?
(a) Translucent paper.
(c) Thick paper.
(d) Thin paper.
9. When did Bray apply for a patent?
10. What was the animated film that Fleischer created with Dr. Lee DeForest?
(a) My Old California Home.
(b) My Old Southern Home.
(c) My Old Kentucky Home.
(d) My Tennessee Home.
11. When was Red Seal Pictures formed?
12. How did Disney's employees describe his outlook?
13. When was Betty Boop introduced?
14. Who took away the rights to one of Disney's characters?
(a) David Fleischer.
(b) Max Fleischer.
(c) Charles Mintz.
(d) Ub Iwerks.
15. Which film was convincing enough to suggest that McCay was not tricking anybody?
(a) Finding Nemo.
(b) Little Nemo.
(c) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(d) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a nickname for celluloid?
2. What was McCay's first feature?
3. Where did Disney begin working as an ad man?
4. What was the last film that Disney actually worked on?
5. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)