|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who called Max Fleischer an unsung hero?
(c) A Warner Brothers studio executive.
2. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
(a) His desire for gags.
(b) His desire to create voluptuous female characters.
(c) His desire to create musicals.
(d) His desire to create only animal-like characters.
3. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
(b) Actual animals.
4. What was the last film that Disney actually worked on?
(b) The Jungle Book.
(c) Mary Poppins.
5. Where was Winsor McCay from?
6. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
(a) Kansas City Film Ad Company.
(b) Dallas Film Ad Company.
(c) Los Angeles Film Ad Company.
(d) Virginia City Film Ad Company.
7. At what point did Disney's work stop exploding?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) World War I.
(d) His workers began rioting.
8. What did Bray's invention do?
(a) Made copies of characters in different positions.
(b) Made copies of backgrounds.
(c) Made diagrams.
(d) Made large flip books.
9. What was the name of the feature Fleischer worked on with the American Museum of Natural History?
10. What was Disney's first significant piece of animation for his new business?
(a) Snow White.
(b) Porky Pig.
(c) Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
(d) Mickey Mouse.
11. When was Disney's last film released?
(a) A month before his death.
(b) A year before his death.
(c) The day that he died.
(d) A year after his death.
12. Who created a metamorphosis of celebrity caricatures?
13. Which of the following is often considered to be the first true animated cartoon?
(a) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(b) Little Nemo.
(c) Betty Boop.
(d) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
14. What was Walt Disney's brother's name?
15. What did Fleischer patent?
(a) Background template.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Fleischer's most popular and long-lasting invention?
2. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
3. Originally, what animal made up part of Betty Boop?
4. Who of the following was one of Disney's co-workers?
5. What did Fleischer work on during World War II?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)