|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Disney's first animated feature?
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) Newman's Laugh-O-Grams.
(d) Steamboat Willie.
2. Which of the following limited early animation?
(a) Ability to combine live action with cartoons.
(b) Black and white coloring.
(c) Low production costs.
(d) Inappropriate drawing tools.
3. Which of the following adjectives describes Disney's early career?
4. Through all of Disney's struggles, which of the following never suffered?
(d) Employee pay.
5. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
(a) Los Angeles Film Ad Company.
(b) Virginia City Film Ad Company.
(c) Dallas Film Ad Company.
(d) Kansas City Film Ad Company.
6. In what year did McCay's first feature come out?
7. What type of job did Margaret Winkler have at Disney?
(a) Disney's producer.
(b) Disneys distributor.
(c) Disney's manager.
(d) Disney's animator.
8. Which character did Max Fleischer create?
(a) Betty Boop.
(b) Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
(c) Mickey Mouse.
(d) Porky Pig.
9. Which of the following was a fault of Fleischer's?
(a) Bad at being original rather than copying.
(b) Bad at creating storylines.
(c) Bad at creating characters.
(d) Bad at doing business.
10. When did Disney form his first company?
11. What did Fleischer work on during World War II?
(a) Live-action feature films.
(b) Betty Boop.
(c) Military films.
(d) Children's cartoons.
12. Which of the following did Disney refuse to spare?
(a) Employee welfare and salary.
(d) Character development.
13. How did Disney's employees describe his outlook?
14. Which is an example of a cartoon including live-action?
(a) Mary Poppins.
(b) The Lion King.
15. What was the number of workers that picketed Disney's studio while on strike?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
2. Which of the following was the name of one of Fleischer's first features?
3. What was the name of the feature Fleischer worked on with the American Museum of Natural History?
4. Who was Fleischer's biggest competition?
5. What did Fleischer miss out on?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)