|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
(b) Actual animals.
2. When did Disney form his first company?
3. Where was Emile Cohl from?
(c) United Kingdom.
4. According to McCay, what should animation be?
5. At what point did Disney's work stop exploding?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) His workers began rioting.
6. What seemed to always win for Disney?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His vision.
(c) His quality.
(d) His money managing skills.
7. What did Fleischer work on during World War II?
(a) Betty Boop.
(b) Children's cartoons.
(c) Military films.
(d) Live-action feature films.
8. What was the name of the feature Fleischer worked on with the American Museum of Natural History?
9. When did Fleischer start his own company?
10. Which of the following was a fault of Fleischer's?
(a) Bad at creating storylines.
(b) Bad at being original rather than copying.
(c) Bad at creating characters.
(d) Bad at doing business.
11. What was Bray fascinated by?
(a) Child psychology.
(c) Comic books.
12. What was Disney's first significant piece of animation for his new business?
(a) Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
(b) Porky Pig.
(c) Mickey Mouse.
(d) Snow White.
13. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 1 month.
14. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
15. When was Red Seal Pictures formed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many employees did Fleischer have in 1923?
2. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
3. Which of the following did Disney refuse to spare?
4. What was Bray's occupation?
5. What did Fleischer miss out on?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)