|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 months.
2. What did Bray's invention do?
(a) Made large flip books.
(b) Made copies of characters in different positions.
(c) Made copies of backgrounds.
(d) Made diagrams.
3. Which of the following did Disney have trouble managing?
4. What did Fleischer patent?
(a) Background template.
5. Which is an example of a cartoon including live-action?
(b) The Lion King.
(c) Mary Poppins.
6. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
(c) Theater patrons.
7. What was McCay's first feature?
(a) Tiny Nemo.
(b) Finding Nemo.
(c) Looking for Nemo.
(d) Little Nemo.
8. Which of the following places did Disney work at?
(a) Los Angeles Film Ad Company.
(b) Dallas Film Ad Company.
(c) Kansas City Film Ad Company.
(d) Virginia City Film Ad Company.
9. Which of the following films did Disney actually work on?
(a) Sleeping Beauty.
(c) Beauty and the Beast.
(d) Curious George.
10. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
(d) Actual animals.
11. What type of animal was Bimbo?
12. What did Fleischer miss out on?
(b) Creating unique stories.
(c) Feature films.
(d) Television spots.
13. When was Disney's last film released?
(a) The day that he died.
(b) A year after his death.
(c) A year before his death.
(d) A month before his death.
14. At what point did Disney's work stop exploding?
(a) His workers began rioting.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Great Depression.
(d) World War I.
15. According to McCay, what should animation be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did McCay begin as?
2. What did Bray's machine print on?
3. Where did Disney begin working as an ad man?
4. Originally, what animal made up part of Betty Boop?
5. What did Fleischer tend to ignore?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)