|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took away the rights to one of Disney's characters?
(a) Max Fleischer.
(b) David Fleischer.
(c) Charles Mintz.
(d) Ub Iwerks.
2. What did Fleischer patent?
(c) Background template.
3. Which of the following was a fault of Fleischer's?
(a) Bad at doing business.
(b) Bad at being original rather than copying.
(c) Bad at creating characters.
(d) Bad at creating storylines.
4. In what year did McCay's first feature come out?
5. Which of the following was the name of one of Fleischer's first features?
(a) Koko the Clown.
(b) Kiki the Clown.
(c) Soso the Clown.
(d) Cici the Clown.
6. At what point did Disney's work stop exploding?
(a) His workers began rioting.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Great Depression.
7. What was Fleischer's most popular and long-lasting invention?
(b) Digital camera.
(c) Bouncing ball.
8. Where was Winsor McCay from?
9. What seemed to always win for Disney?
(a) His vision.
(b) His quality.
(c) His money managing skills.
(d) His intelligence.
10. Which of the following did Disney refuse to spare?
(c) Character development.
(d) Employee welfare and salary.
11. Which of the following is often considered to be the first true animated cartoon?
(a) Betty Boop.
(b) Little Nemo.
(c) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(d) Gertie the Dinosaur.
12. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
(a) Actual animals.
13. What was Walt Disney's brother's name?
14. Who of the following was one of Disney's co-workers?
(a) Paul Terry.
(b) Ub Iwerks.
(c) Max Fleischer.
(d) Charles Mintz.
15. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
(a) Stalling the New World.
(b) Moving Picture World.
(c) Creative Crazy World.
(d) Strange New World.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Fleischer start his own company?
2. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
3. What was the name of the feature Fleischer worked on with the American Museum of Natural History?
4. Originally, what animal made up part of Betty Boop?
5. Through all of Disney's struggles, which of the following never suffered?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)