|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Originally, what animal made up part of Betty Boop?
2. Who was the founder of Paramount Studios?
(a) Alex Zuport.
(b) Allan Zane.
(c) Alexander Zorkins.
(d) Adolph Zukor.
3. Which of the following is not an early Disney feature?
(a) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(b) The Jungle Book.
(c) The Lion King.
4. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
5. Which of the following films did Disney actually work on?
(a) Sleeping Beauty.
(c) Beauty and the Beast.
(d) Curious George.
6. What did McCay begin as?
(a) Children's book illustrator.
(b) Military film maker.
(c) Newspaper cartoonist.
7. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Looney Tunes.
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(d) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
8. How did Disney's employees describe his outlook?
9. Which of the following adjectives describes Disney's early career?
10. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
(a) Post-recorded music.
(b) Black and white film.
11. Which character did Max Fleischer create?
(a) Mickey Mouse.
(b) Betty Boop.
(c) Porky Pig.
(d) Oswald the Lucky Rabbit.
12. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
(c) Film industry.
13. What was Bray's occupation?
(a) Comic book artist.
(b) Newspaper cartoonist.
(d) Film producer.
14. When was Betty Boop introduced?
15. What did Bray's invention do?
(a) Made diagrams.
(b) Made large flip books.
(c) Made copies of backgrounds.
(d) Made copies of characters in different positions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seemed to always win for Disney?
2. Which of the following was a production that took a great deal of research for Fleischer?
3. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
4. What was Fleischer's most popular and long-lasting invention?
5. Which is an example of a cartoon including live-action?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)