|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Max Fleischer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
(a) A Disney film.
(b) A military film.
(c) A flip book.
(d) A comic book.
2. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
3. What did Bray's invention do?
(a) Made copies of backgrounds.
(b) Made diagrams.
(c) Made large flip books.
(d) Made copies of characters in different positions.
4. What did Dave Fleischer annoy workers with?
(a) His desire for gags.
(b) His desire to create musicals.
(c) His desire to create voluptuous female characters.
(d) His desire to create only animal-like characters.
5. Which of the following limited early animation?
(a) Ability to combine live action with cartoons.
(b) Black and white coloring.
(c) Low production costs.
(d) Inappropriate drawing tools.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
2. At what point did Disney's work stop exploding?
3. When was Gertie the Dinosaur released?
4. When was Red Seal Pictures formed?
5. What did Fleischer tend to ignore?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)