|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Walt Disney.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) Looney Tunes.
(d) Gertie the Dinosaur.
2. When did Bray apply for a patent?
3. What was Disney able to do well that others could not?
(a) Mix drama and comedy.
(b) Create interesting characters.
(c) Create settings vital to character development.
(d) Mix cartoon with live-action.
4. Who took away the rights to one of Disney's characters?
(a) Ub Iwerks.
(b) Max Fleischer.
(c) Charles Mintz.
(d) David Fleischer.
5. How long did it take to create the 1 minute "Heigh Ho" animation?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 1 month.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Gertie the Dinosaur released?
2. What was Walt Disney's brother's name?
3. Where did McCay prefer to make appearances?
4. Which is an example of a cartoon including live-action?
5. Which of the following is often considered to be the first true animated cartoon?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)