|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following limited early animation?
(a) Black and white coloring.
(b) Low production costs.
(c) Inappropriate drawing tools.
(d) Ability to combine live action with cartoons.
2. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
(a) Film industry.
3. When was Gertie the Dinosaur released?
4. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(b) Looney Tunes.
(c) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
(d) Gertie the Dinosaur.
5. When did Bray apply for a patent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did McCay begin as?
2. According to McCay, what should animation be?
3. Which of the following describes McCay's first feature?
4. In which century was animation invented?
5. What did Bray's invention do?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)