|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a nickname for celluloid?
2. In the early days of animation, how many frames per second were required for an animated piece?
3. In what year did McCay's first feature come out?
4. Which of the following is often considered to be the first true animated cartoon?
(a) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(b) Little Nemo.
(c) Betty Boop.
(d) Gertie the Dinosaur.
5. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
(b) Film industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bray's occupation?
2. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
3. What was Bray fascinated by?
4. According to McCay, what should animation be?
5. What did McCay begin as?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)