|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
(d) Looney Tunes.
2. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
(a) Bray's invention.
(d) Flip book.
3. Which of the following is often considered to be the first true animated cartoon?
(a) Betty Boop.
(b) Little Nemo.
(c) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(d) Gertie the Dinosaur.
4. Which of the following limited early animation?
(a) Ability to combine live action with cartoons.
(b) Black and white coloring.
(c) Inappropriate drawing tools.
(d) Low production costs.
5. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
(a) Film industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bray's machine print on?
2. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
3. Which of the following describes McCay's first feature?
4. Where was Winsor McCay from?
5. What was Bray's occupation?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)