|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
2. What did Bray's invention do?
(a) Made copies of backgrounds.
(b) Made large flip books.
(c) Made copies of characters in different positions.
(d) Made diagrams.
3. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
4. According to McCay, what should animation be?
5. When did Bray apply for a patent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did McCay begin as?
2. Which of the following limited early animation?
3. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
4. Which film was convincing enough to suggest that McCay was not tricking anybody?
5. Which of the following is often considered to be the first true animated cartoon?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)