|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
2. What was Bray's occupation?
(a) Newspaper cartoonist.
(b) Film producer.
(c) Comic book artist.
3. Where was Winsor McCay from?
4. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
(a) A flip book.
(b) A military film.
(c) A comic book.
(d) A Disney film.
5. What did McCay begin as?
(a) Children's book illustrator.
(c) Newspaper cartoonist.
(d) Military film maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
2. What is a nickname for celluloid?
3. Which of the following describes McCay's first feature?
4. In the early days of animation, how many frames per second were required for an animated piece?
5. Which of the following is often considered to be the first true animated cartoon?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)