|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did McCay prefer to make appearances?
(a) Broadway musicals.
(c) Film sets.
(d) Poetry readings.
2. In what year did McCay's first feature come out?
3. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
(a) A comic book.
(b) A flip book.
(c) A military film.
(d) A Disney film.
4. What is a nickname for celluloid?
5. What did Bray's machine print on?
(a) Thick paper.
(c) Translucent paper.
(d) Thin paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
2. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
3. What was Bray fascinated by?
4. Where was Winsor McCay from?
5. Which of the following describes McCay's first feature?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)