|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following limited early animation?
(a) Black and white coloring.
(b) Inappropriate drawing tools.
(c) Low production costs.
(d) Ability to combine live action with cartoons.
2. What is a nickname for celluloid?
3. Which film was convincing enough to suggest that McCay was not tricking anybody?
(a) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(b) Finding Nemo.
(c) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(d) Little Nemo.
4. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
5. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Winsor McCay from?
2. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
3. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
4. What was Bray fascinated by?
5. When was Gertie the Dinosaur released?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)