|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
(a) A military film.
(b) A comic book.
(c) A flip book.
(d) A Disney film.
2. What did Bray's machine print on?
(a) Thick paper.
(b) Thin paper.
(d) Translucent paper.
3. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
(b) Black and white film.
(c) Post-recorded music.
4. Where was Emile Cohl from?
(b) United Kingdom.
5. What was McCay's first feature?
(a) Finding Nemo.
(b) Looking for Nemo.
(c) Little Nemo.
(d) Tiny Nemo.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
2. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
3. In the early days of animation, how many frames per second were required for an animated piece?
4. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
5. What is a nickname for celluloid?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)