|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a nickname for celluloid?
2. When did Bray apply for a patent?
3. Which film was convincing enough to suggest that McCay was not tricking anybody?
(a) Finding Nemo.
(b) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(c) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(d) Little Nemo.
4. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
(a) A flip book.
(b) A Disney film.
(c) A comic book.
(d) A military film.
5. What did McCay begin as?
(a) Children's book illustrator.
(b) Military film maker.
(d) Newspaper cartoonist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Emile Cohl from?
2. Where did McCay prefer to make appearances?
3. In what year did McCay's first feature come out?
4. Which of the following limited early animation?
5. What did Bray's invention do?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)