|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
(c) Bray's invention.
(d) Flip book.
2. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
3. Where did McCay prefer to make appearances?
(a) Film sets.
(b) Poetry readings.
(d) Broadway musicals.
4. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(b) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(c) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
(d) Looney Tunes.
5. What did McCay begin as?
(a) Children's book illustrator.
(c) Military film maker.
(d) Newspaper cartoonist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
2. In which century was animation invented?
3. Which of the following describes McCay's first feature?
4. What did Bray's machine print on?
5. In what year did McCay's first feature come out?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)