|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did McCay begin as?
(b) Children's book illustrator.
(c) Military film maker.
(d) Newspaper cartoonist.
2. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
(a) Flip book.
(d) Bray's invention.
3. According to McCay, what should animation be?
4. What did Bray's machine print on?
(a) Translucent paper.
(c) Thick paper.
(d) Thin paper.
5. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
(d) Film industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the early days of animation, how many frames per second were required for an animated piece?
2. Which of the following describes McCay's first feature?
3. What did Bray's invention do?
4. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
5. Which of the following had the greatest impact on the animation industry?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)