|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Emile Cohl from?
(d) United Kingdom.
2. What was McCay's first feature?
(a) Finding Nemo.
(b) Looking for Nemo.
(c) Little Nemo.
(d) Tiny Nemo.
3. What was Bray's occupation?
(a) Newspaper cartoonist.
(b) Comic book artist.
(d) Film producer.
4. When was Gertie the Dinosaur released?
5. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Looney Tunes.
(b) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
(c) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(d) Gertie the Dinosaur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bray's invention do?
2. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
3. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
4. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
5. Which film was convincing enough to suggest that McCay was not tricking anybody?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)