|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bray's occupation?
(a) Comic book artist.
(b) Film producer.
(c) Newspaper cartoonist.
2. When did Bray apply for a patent?
3. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(b) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
(c) Looney Tunes.
(d) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
4. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
5. Which film was convincing enough to suggest that McCay was not tricking anybody?
(a) Little Nemo.
(b) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(c) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(d) Finding Nemo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
2. Which of the following describes McCay's first feature?
3. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
4. What was Bray fascinated by?
5. In what year did McCay's first feature come out?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)