|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
(c) Flip book.
(d) Bray's invention.
2. Where was Winsor McCay from?
3. Where was Emile Cohl from?
(b) United Kingdom.
4. What was Bray's occupation?
(a) Newspaper cartoonist.
(b) Film producer.
(c) Comic book artist.
5. What is a nickname for celluloid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
2. In what year did McCay's first feature come out?
3. When did Bray apply for a patent?
4. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
5. In the early days of animation, how many frames per second were required for an animated piece?
This section contains 130 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)