|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to McCay, what should animation be?
2. What did Bray's invention do?
(a) Made diagrams.
(b) Made copies of characters in different positions.
(c) Made copies of backgrounds.
(d) Made large flip books.
3. What was Bray's occupation?
(a) Film producer.
(c) Newspaper cartoonist.
(d) Comic book artist.
4. What was McCay's first feature?
(a) Looking for Nemo.
(b) Tiny Nemo.
(c) Finding Nemo.
(d) Little Nemo.
5. What was Bray fascinated by?
(c) Comic books.
(d) Child psychology.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to those that did not believe that animation was real, what was McCay using to trick the audience?
2. Where was Emile Cohl from?
3. What did Bray's machine print on?
4. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
5. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)