|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to McCay, what should animation be?
2. Which of the following was McCay inspired by?
(a) A flip book.
(b) A military film.
(c) A Disney film.
(d) A comic book.
3. Which of the following limited early animation?
(a) Inappropriate drawing tools.
(b) Low production costs.
(c) Black and white coloring.
(d) Ability to combine live action with cartoons.
4. When was Gertie the Dinosaur released?
5. What was McCay's first feature?
(a) Little Nemo.
(b) Finding Nemo.
(c) Tiny Nemo.
(d) Looking for Nemo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did McCay begin as?
2. What was Bray fascinated by?
3. When did Bray apply for a patent?
4. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
5. Where was Emile Cohl from?
This section contains 130 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)