|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bray's invention do?
(a) Made copies of backgrounds.
(b) Made copies of characters in different positions.
(c) Made large flip books.
(d) Made diagrams.
2. Which film was convincing enough to suggest that McCay was not tricking anybody?
(a) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(b) Little Nemo.
(c) Finding Nemo.
(d) Gertie the Dinosaur.
3. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
(b) Looney Tunes.
(c) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(d) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
4. In the early days of animation, how many frames per second were required for an animated piece?
5. What is a nickname for celluloid?
Short Answer Questions
1. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
2. What is described as a series of cartoons put in order to trick the viewer that movement is occurring?
3. What was McCay's first feature?
4. Which of the following did McCay specifically say he did not want to be a part of?
5. According to McCay, what should animation be?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)