|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Silent Era.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bray's invention do?
(a) Made large flip books.
(b) Made copies of backgrounds.
(c) Made copies of characters in different positions.
(d) Made diagrams.
2. Which of the following limited early animation?
(a) Black and white coloring.
(b) Ability to combine live action with cartoons.
(c) Low production costs.
(d) Inappropriate drawing tools.
3. Where was Winsor McCay from?
4. What did McCay begin as?
(a) Children's book illustrator.
(b) Military film maker.
(c) Newspaper cartoonist.
5. Who suspected that McCay was playing a trick on them?
(a) Theater patrons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was McCay's first feature?
2. Which of the following is often considered to be the first true animated cartoon?
3. When did Bray apply for a patent?
4. What was Bray fascinated by?
5. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)