Chapter 1, The Silent Era
1. Who is described as a "legendary animator and entrepreneur" in the beginning of animation?
2. According to McCay, what should animation be?
3. McCay said that animation had unfortunately become what?
4. Which of the following limited early animation?
(a) Inappropriate drawing tools.
(b) Ability to combine live action with cartoons.
(c) Black and white coloring.
(d) Low production costs.
5. What is considered the first animated cartoon?
(a) Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.
(b) Looney Tunes.
(c) Gertie the Dinosaur.
(d) Humorous Phases of Funny Faces.
6. In the early days of animation, how many frames per second were required for an animated piece?
7. In the early days of animation, how many drawings were required per minute?
8. Where was Emile Cohl from?
(d) United Kingdom.
9. Where was Winsor McCay from?
10. What did McCay begin as?
(b) Military film maker.
(c) Children's book illustrator.
(d) Newspaper cartoonist.
This section contains 2,696 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)