Chapter 1, The Silent Era
• Winsor McCay conceived animation as an art form instead of a trade, and he became disappointed when he saw what others animators were doing with the practice.
• Black and white film, as well as the silent era limited the extent of animation.
• McCay's first feature was released in 1911 and was called "Little Nemo," though it lacked any type of story line and had no plot.
• The first true animated cartoon was McCay's "Gertie the Dinosaur," which helped to put at ease the minds of audience members who were skeptical of animation and thought it was a trick.
• Bray invented a machine that could print copies of backgrounds.
Chapter 2, Walt Disney
• Disney faced a rocky start in the animation industry, but he eventually headed to Hollywood to work.
• Disney opened a company with his brother Roy and created Mickey Mouse.
• There were many difficulties in...
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)