|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the very end of chapter three, what sort of complaint does Cayetano lodge on Sierva's behalf?
(a) Cruel punishments from the Abbess.
(b) Bad food.
(c) Unsanitary washing conditions.
(d) Uncomfortable lodgings.
2. What does Sierva predict during her first encounter with Cayetano?
(a) The Bishop will take her away.
(b) She will be released soon.
(c) She will never be free again.
(d) She will die soon.
3. Who, upon her arrival, takes a special interest in Sierva?
(a) The Abbess's sister.
(b) The Vicereine.
(c) The Marquis's third wife.
(d) The Viceroy's mistress.
4. When Cayetano is sent to see Sierva in chapter four, how is she dressed?
(a) Fine clothes and jewels.
(b) As a nun.
(c) In boy's clothing.
(d) In rags.
5. According to the Bishop's document, what is some information that points to Sierva's assured possession?
(a) She has strange marks on her body.
(b) She speaks in African languages and stays with the slaves.
(c) She has blasphemously long hair.
(d) She can converse with the wildlife around her.
6. About how many nuns reside in the convent?
7. When Sierva becomes friendlier to Cayetano, how does the priest react?
(a) He begins to feel disgusted by her.
(b) He begins to fall in love with her.
(c) He grows frightened of her.
(d) He suspects she is attempting to trick him.
8. When she first meets the Abbess, how does Sierva behave?
(a) She is very respectful to the Abbess.
(b) She screams blasphemous phrases.
(c) She acts violently and refuses to speak.
(d) She faints.
9. What natural event opens chapter four?
(a) The sun's eclipse.
(b) Winter solstice.
(c) A snowstorm.
(d) A thunderstorm.
10. What is the rank of the nuns who abandon Sierva when she first arrives at the convent?
11. What does Cayetano tell Sierva in chapter four to comfort her?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He trusts her.
(c) He will free her.
(d) He believes that she will be free.
12. In the Governor's dinner for the Viceroy, what is the entertainment?
(a) A nude Abyssinian woman.
(b) Sierva speaking in demonic voices.
(c) A nun playing the harp.
(d) Slaves singing.
13. Who recognizes Sierva's jewelry upon the girl's arrival to the convent?
(a) The slave women.
(b) The seamstress.
(c) The cook.
(d) The novices from Africa.
14. Who finds Cayetano in a sorry state at the end of chapter four?
(a) The Marquis.
(b) Dr. Abrenuncio.
(d) The Bishop.
15. How does Sierva act around the nuns when people start claiming she is center of all evil in the convent?
(a) She prays at all hours in hopes that everyone notices her piety.
(b) She pretends to speak in demonic voices.
(c) She protests her innocence.
(d) She pretends that the demons are forcing her to hurt herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was food brought to the convent during the fighting between the Bishop and the Santa Clara convent in the earlier centuries?
2. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio communicate?
3. What book does Dr. Abrenuncio show Cayetano?
4. How does Cayetano react to the Abbess's attempted hysteria when he first meets Sierva?
5. At the end of chapter four, what does Sierva refuse to do?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)