|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Viceroy stay when he comes to New Grenada?
(a) The Marquis's mansion.
(b) The fanciest inn.
(c) The Bishop's palace.
(d) The convent.
2. Who finds Cayetano in a sorry state at the end of chapter four?
(a) Dr. Abrenuncio.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The Marquis.
3. Who in the convent is separated completely from the outside world?
(a) The prisoners.
(b) The novices.
(c) The slaves.
(d) The nuns.
4. When Cayetano first meets Sierva, how is the girl being restrained?
(a) Sierva is chained to the wall.
(b) Sierva is tied to a cross.
(d) Sierva is tied down on a stone bed.
5. How does Sierva defend her jewelry from the nuns?
(a) She punches the nuns.
(b) She screams for help.
(c) She spits at the nuns.
(d) She bites the nuns.
6. At the very end of chapter three, what sort of complaint does Cayetano lodge on Sierva's behalf?
(a) Cruel punishments from the Abbess.
(b) Uncomfortable lodgings.
(c) Unsanitary washing conditions.
(d) Bad food.
7. In chapter three, where does the Abbess first find Sierva in the convent?
(a) The Abbess's office.
(b) The slave quarters.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The classrooms.
8. What is the result of Cayetano staring into the sun for too long in the beginning of chapter four?
(a) He still sees eclipse out of one eye.
(b) He can no longer see color in one eye.
(c) He is blind in one eye.
(d) He can still see, but has no depth perception.
9. In the Viceroy's painting, what is surrounding Sierva?
(a) Men who look like Cayetano.
(c) Obedient demons.
10. When she first meets the Abbess, how does Sierva behave?
(a) She screams blasphemous phrases.
(b) She is very respectful to the Abbess.
(c) She acts violently and refuses to speak.
(d) She faints.
11. While visiting with the Bishop and Cayetano, what plans does the Viceroy bring up?
(a) Increasing trade and prosperity in New Grenada.
(b) Annexing the town.
(c) Releasing the slaves.
(d) Taking over another town to add to New Grenada's wealth.
12. What information does Dr. Abrenuncio impart to Cayetano?
(a) Sierva was abused by her mother.
(b) Sierva is at risk for developing rabies.
(c) The town is gossiping about Cayetano's relationship with Sierva.
(d) The history of rabies and whether Sierva is at risk.
13. How does the Abbess feel about the South American aristocrats?
(a) She finds them to heretical.
(b) She respects them.
(c) She mocks them.
(d) She believes they are trying to do good but failing.
14. In chapter three, to whom does the Marquis turn when he realizes he wants to get Sierva out of the convent?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) Dr. Abrenuncio.
(d) The Abbess.
15. Although he is assigned as Sierva's exorcist, what is Cayetano's true desire for his career?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was food brought to the convent during the fighting between the Bishop and the Santa Clara convent in the earlier centuries?
2. When the Abbess drags Sierva away from the slave quarters in chapter three, how does Sierva react?
3. What information does Cayetano give to the Bishop after the natural event of chapter four?
4. What is the rank of the nuns who abandon Sierva when she first arrives at the convent?
5. How does Cayetano learn about the demons that he believes are controlling Sierva in Chapter 3?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)