|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Dr. Abrenuncio impart to Cayetano?
(a) Sierva is at risk for developing rabies.
(b) Sierva was abused by her mother.
(c) The town is gossiping about Cayetano's relationship with Sierva.
(d) The history of rabies and whether Sierva is at risk.
2. In Dr. Abrenuncio's view, what is an exorcism?
(a) A psychosomatic cure.
(b) Torture and destruction.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) A humane way to cure madness.
3. What is the result of Cayetano staring into the sun for too long in the beginning of chapter four?
(a) He can still see, but has no depth perception.
(b) He is blind in one eye.
(c) He can no longer see color in one eye.
(d) He still sees eclipse out of one eye.
4. What information does Cayetano give to the Bishop after the natural event of chapter four?
(a) He says that Sierva is being abused.
(b) He says that Sierva is possessed.
(c) He says that Sierva is not possessed.
(d) He says that Sierva is manipulating everyone into believing she is possessed.
5. In chapter four, what does Bernarda choose to do?
(a) Force the Bishop to release her daughter.
(b) Abandon her family for drugs.
(c) Abandons her drug use for her family.
(d) Start an affair with Cayetano.
6. Who, upon her arrival, takes a special interest in Sierva?
(a) The Viceroy's mistress.
(b) The Marquis's third wife.
(c) The Abbess's sister.
(d) The Vicereine.
7. How old is Father Cayetano?
8. At the end of the chapter three, what is Cayetano reading in regards to Sierva?
(a) Books on African folklore.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Books on exorcism.
(d) Love poems.
9. In their meeting, over what issue do the Bishop and Viceroy clash?
(a) Slave trade.
(b) The conditions of the poor.
10. In his second meeting with Sierva, what happens when Cayetano lets the girl loose?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She hugs him.
(c) She kicks him.
(d) She bites him.
11. How does Cayetano react to Sierva's violent fit at the end of chapter four?
(a) He becomes aroused.
(b) He grows sad.
(c) He grows angry.
(d) He becomes sick.
12. How does the Abbess feel about the Bishop?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) She likes him but does not respect him.
(c) She trusts him.
(d) She resents him.
13. Who finds Cayetano in a sorry state at the end of chapter four?
(a) The Marquis.
(b) The Bishop.
(d) Dr. Abrenuncio.
14. At the end of chapter four, what does Sierva refuse to do?
(a) Visit with Dr. Abrenuncio.
(b) Visit with her mother.
(c) Visit with her father.
(d) Visit with Cayetano.
15. What does Sierva predict during her first encounter with Cayetano?
(a) She will die soon.
(b) She will be released soon.
(c) She will never be free again.
(d) The Bishop will take her away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What document does the Bishop use as evidence of Sierva's demonic possession?
2. When Sierva becomes friendlier to Cayetano, how does the priest react?
3. What fictional character is associated with the book that Dr. Abrenuncio gives to Cayetano?
4. Where does the Viceroy stay when he comes to New Grenada?
5. How does Cayetano, in chapter three, win Sierva's trust?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)