|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What natural event opens chapter four?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) A snowstorm.
(c) The sun's eclipse.
(d) Winter solstice.
2. What is striking about Sierva's dream as she relates it to Cayetano?
(a) He had the same dream before meeting her.
(b) He wrote a story that sounds a lot like her dream.
(c) He was featured in the dream as Sierva's lover.
(d) The Bishop had the exact same dream a few nights earlier.
3. When Cayetano first meets Sierva, how is the girl being restrained?
(a) Sierva is tied down on a stone bed.
(b) Sierva is tied to a cross.
(d) Sierva is chained to the wall.
4. What is the new Viceroy's name?
(a) Don Roberto du Bueno.
(b) Don Rodrigo de Buen Lozano.
(c) Don Pedro de Buen Lozano.
(d) Don Roberto de Buen Lozagos.
5. In the Governor's dinner for the Viceroy, what is the entertainment?
(a) Slaves singing.
(b) Sierva speaking in demonic voices.
(c) A nun playing the harp.
(d) A nude Abyssinian woman.
6. When Sierva becomes friendlier to Cayetano, how does the priest react?
(a) He begins to feel disgusted by her.
(b) He begins to fall in love with her.
(c) He grows frightened of her.
(d) He suspects she is attempting to trick him.
7. What book does Dr. Abrenuncio show Cayetano?
(a) The book that Cayetano tried to give Sierva.
(b) The book that was taken away from the priest while at school
(c) A book on atheism.
8. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio communicate?
9. What realization does Bernarda make in chapter four?
(a) She has abused Sierva.
(b) She loves her daughter.
(c) Sierva is gone.
(d) She is dying soon.
10. What does Sierva predict during her first encounter with Cayetano?
(a) She will die soon.
(b) The Bishop will take her away.
(c) She will never be free again.
(d) She will be released soon.
11. What does the Vicereine do in retaliation of the Governor's entertainment at the Viceroy's dinner?
(a) She slaps the Governor.
(b) She brings Sierva to dinner with the Abbess.
(c) She buys the Abyssinian woman and sets her free.
(d) She leaves her husband.
12. Who finds Cayetano in a sorry state at the end of chapter four?
(b) Dr. Abrenuncio.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) The Marquis.
13. How does Sierva defend her jewelry from the nuns?
(a) She spits at the nuns.
(b) She bites the nuns.
(c) She punches the nuns.
(d) She screams for help.
14. How does Sierva act around the nuns when people start claiming she is center of all evil in the convent?
(a) She pretends that the demons are forcing her to hurt herself.
(b) She protests her innocence.
(c) She prays at all hours in hopes that everyone notices her piety.
(d) She pretends to speak in demonic voices.
15. What realization do the doctor and priest have about Sierva?
(a) She is manipulating everyone in order to escape her family.
(b) She is probably possessed.
(c) She will likely commit suicide.
(d) They cannot save her from the Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter three, to whom does the Marquis turn when he realizes he wants to get Sierva out of the convent?
2. How was food brought to the convent during the fighting between the Bishop and the Santa Clara convent in the earlier centuries?
3. What is the result of Cayetano staring into the sun for too long in the beginning of chapter four?
4. At the end of the chapter three, what is Cayetano reading in regards to Sierva?
5. Where does the Viceroy stay when he comes to New Grenada?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)