|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the very end of chapter three, what sort of complaint does Cayetano lodge on Sierva's behalf?
(a) Bad food.
(b) Cruel punishments from the Abbess.
(c) Unsanitary washing conditions.
(d) Uncomfortable lodgings.
2. How does the Abbess feel about the Bishop?
(a) She resents him.
(b) She likes him but does not respect him.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She trusts him.
3. In the Viceroy's painting, what is surrounding Sierva?
(b) Men who look like Cayetano.
(c) Obedient demons.
4. At the end of the chapter three, what is Cayetano reading in regards to Sierva?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Books on exorcism.
(c) Love poems.
(d) Books on African folklore.
5. How does Cayetano react to the Abbess's attempted hysteria when he first meets Sierva?
(a) He tells the nun to calm down and leave.
(b) He sympathizes with the Abbess and turns all of his attention to her.
(c) He encourages the nun.
(d) He calms the nun down and makes her tea.
6. How does Cayetano react to Sierva's violent fit at the end of chapter four?
(a) He grows angry.
(b) He becomes aroused.
(c) He becomes sick.
(d) He grows sad.
7. How old is Father Cayetano?
8. What is the result of Cayetano staring into the sun for too long in the beginning of chapter four?
(a) He can no longer see color in one eye.
(b) He is blind in one eye.
(c) He still sees eclipse out of one eye.
(d) He can still see, but has no depth perception.
9. Who finds Cayetano in a sorry state at the end of chapter four?
(b) The Marquis.
(c) Dr. Abrenuncio.
(d) The Bishop.
10. What fictional character is associated with the book that Dr. Abrenuncio gives to Cayetano?
(a) Don Quixote.
(d) Don Juan DeMarco.
11. How the Viceroy and his wife changed Sierva's cell?
(a) They made it look nicer and more comfortable.
(b) They added more restraints to hold her down.
(c) They added flowers.
(d) They have arranged for her to have a single cell.
12. When Cayetano first meets Sierva, how is the girl being restrained?
(a) Sierva is tied to a cross.
(c) Sierva is chained to the wall.
(d) Sierva is tied down on a stone bed.
13. While visiting with the Bishop and Cayetano, what plans does the Viceroy bring up?
(a) Increasing trade and prosperity in New Grenada.
(b) Annexing the town.
(c) Releasing the slaves.
(d) Taking over another town to add to New Grenada's wealth.
14. What request does the Abbess make to the Bishop in regards to Sierva?
(a) She wants to execute the girl for heresy.
(b) She no longer wants to be responsible for the girl.
(c) She wants to perform the exorcism herself.
(d) She wants to turn the girl out onto the streets.
15. When Sierva becomes friendlier to Cayetano, how does the priest react?
(a) He begins to fall in love with her.
(b) He suspects she is attempting to trick him.
(c) He grows frightened of her.
(d) He begins to feel disgusted by her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his second meeting with Sierva, what happens when Cayetano lets the girl loose?
2. How does Cayetano distract himself from his desire for Sierva at the end of chapter four?
3. What information does Dr. Abrenuncio impart to Cayetano?
4. What realization do the doctor and priest have about Sierva?
5. In Dr. Abrenuncio's view, what is an exorcism?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)