|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter three, where does the Abbess first find Sierva in the convent?
(a) The slave quarters.
(b) The classrooms.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The Abbess's office.
2. Where does the Viceroy stay when he comes to New Grenada?
(a) The Marquis's mansion.
(b) The Bishop's palace.
(c) The convent.
(d) The fanciest inn.
3. When Cayetano is sent to see Sierva in chapter four, how is she dressed?
(a) In rags.
(b) As a nun.
(c) Fine clothes and jewels.
(d) In boy's clothing.
4. What document does the Bishop use as evidence of Sierva's demonic possession?
(a) The Acta.
(b) A book on African demons.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The Bible.
5. What does Cayetano tell Sierva in chapter four to comfort her?
(a) He trusts her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He will free her.
(d) He believes that she will be free.
6. When the nuns steal Sierva's necklaces, what happens that forces the women to return the jewelry?
(a) One of the nuns falls down the steps while running away.
(b) Sierva grows sick.
(c) One of the nuns breaks her neck on a low hanging candelabrum.
(d) The Abbess catches them and forces the nuns to apologize.
7. What natural event opens chapter four?
(a) The sun's eclipse.
(b) Winter solstice.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) A snowstorm.
8. At the end of chapter four, what does Sierva refuse to do?
(a) Visit with her father.
(b) Visit with her mother.
(c) Visit with Dr. Abrenuncio.
(d) Visit with Cayetano.
9. What is striking about Sierva's dream as she relates it to Cayetano?
(a) The Bishop had the exact same dream a few nights earlier.
(b) He was featured in the dream as Sierva's lover.
(c) He wrote a story that sounds a lot like her dream.
(d) He had the same dream before meeting her.
10. What book does Dr. Abrenuncio show Cayetano?
(b) The book that Cayetano tried to give Sierva.
(c) A book on atheism.
(d) The book that was taken away from the priest while at school
11. How does Sierva act around the nuns when people start claiming she is center of all evil in the convent?
(a) She pretends to speak in demonic voices.
(b) She prays at all hours in hopes that everyone notices her piety.
(c) She protests her innocence.
(d) She pretends that the demons are forcing her to hurt herself.
12. What fictional character is associated with the book that Dr. Abrenuncio gives to Cayetano?
(b) Don Quixote.
(c) Don Juan DeMarco.
13. What is the new Viceroy's name?
(a) Don Roberto de Buen Lozagos.
(b) Don Pedro de Buen Lozano.
(c) Don Roberto du Bueno.
(d) Don Rodrigo de Buen Lozano.
14. While writing love poems to Sierva, what memory seizes Cayetano?
(a) He remembers going to jail at 17-years-old, which led to becoming a priest.
(b) He remembers a woman he loved who died tragically.
(c) He remembers the Rector throwing away a treasured book.
(d) He remembers being Sierva's age and being beaten by his father.
15. While visiting with the Bishop and Cayetano, what plans does the Viceroy bring up?
(a) Increasing trade and prosperity in New Grenada.
(b) Taking over another town to add to New Grenada's wealth.
(c) Releasing the slaves.
(d) Annexing the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter three, to whom does the Marquis turn when he realizes he wants to get Sierva out of the convent?
2. How does Cayetano react to the Abbess's attempted hysteria when he first meets Sierva?
3. In what state is Cayetano over Sierva during the Viceroy's visit?
4. When she first meets the Abbess, how does Sierva behave?
5. In chapter three, what causes Sierva to become violently hysterical?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)