|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What document does the Bishop use as evidence of Sierva's demonic possession?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Acta.
(c) The Koran.
(d) A book on African demons.
2. Where in the convent is Sierva initially kept?
(a) The slave quarters.
(b) The jail.
(c) The seamstress's office.
(d) The Abbess's room.
3. During her violent fit in chapter three, what does Sierva inadvertently destroy?
(a) The convent's sacred cross.
(b) The convent's beehives.
(c) The convent's crops.
(d) The candles.
4. What information does Cayetano give to the Bishop after the natural event of chapter four?
(a) He says that Sierva is being abused.
(b) He says that Sierva is manipulating everyone into believing she is possessed.
(c) He says that Sierva is not possessed.
(d) He says that Sierva is possessed.
5. How does Cayetano react to the Abbess's attempted hysteria when he first meets Sierva?
(a) He tells the nun to calm down and leave.
(b) He sympathizes with the Abbess and turns all of his attention to her.
(c) He encourages the nun.
(d) He calms the nun down and makes her tea.
6. In the Governor's dinner for the Viceroy, what is the entertainment?
(a) Slaves singing.
(b) A nun playing the harp.
(c) Sierva speaking in demonic voices.
(d) A nude Abyssinian woman.
7. When Cayetano first meets Sierva, how is the girl being restrained?
(a) Sierva is chained to the wall.
(b) Sierva is tied down on a stone bed.
(c) Sierva is tied to a cross.
8. What is the result of Cayetano staring into the sun for too long in the beginning of chapter four?
(a) He can still see, but has no depth perception.
(b) He can no longer see color in one eye.
(c) He is blind in one eye.
(d) He still sees eclipse out of one eye.
9. How does Cayetano, in chapter three, win Sierva's trust?
(a) He buys the girl fresh pastries.
(b) He brings the girl fresh fruit.
(c) He helps her bathe.
(d) He brushes the girl's hair.
10. How old is Father Cayetano?
11. What does the Viceroy believe about Sierva?
(a) He believes that she is dying.
(b) He does not believe the girl is possessed.
(c) He believes she is indeed possessed.
(d) He believes that she is the illegitimate daughter of the Bishop.
12. In chapter four, what does Bernarda choose to do?
(a) Force the Bishop to release her daughter.
(b) Start an affair with Cayetano.
(c) Abandons her drug use for her family.
(d) Abandon her family for drugs.
13. What does the Vicereine do in retaliation of the Governor's entertainment at the Viceroy's dinner?
(a) She brings Sierva to dinner with the Abbess.
(b) She slaps the Governor.
(c) She leaves her husband.
(d) She buys the Abyssinian woman and sets her free.
14. How does Cayetano distract himself from his desire for Sierva at the end of chapter four?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He whips himself.
(c) He reads the love poems.
(d) He reads the Bible.
15. What skill does Martina teach Sierva?
(b) Braiding her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the nuns steal Sierva's necklaces, what happens that forces the women to return the jewelry?
2. What does Sierva predict during her first encounter with Cayetano?
3. In the Viceroy's painting, what is surrounding Sierva?
4. How does the Abbess feel about the Bishop?
5. What information does Dr. Abrenuncio impart to Cayetano?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)