|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the very end of chapter three, what sort of complaint does Cayetano lodge on Sierva's behalf?
(a) Bad food.
(b) Cruel punishments from the Abbess.
(c) Unsanitary washing conditions.
(d) Uncomfortable lodgings.
2. Who finds Cayetano in a sorry state at the end of chapter four?
(a) Dr. Abrenuncio.
(c) The Marquis.
(d) The Bishop.
3. What book does Dr. Abrenuncio show Cayetano?
(a) The book that was taken away from the priest while at school
(c) The book that Cayetano tried to give Sierva.
(d) A book on atheism.
4. How does Sierva act around the nuns when people start claiming she is center of all evil in the convent?
(a) She pretends to speak in demonic voices.
(b) She prays at all hours in hopes that everyone notices her piety.
(c) She protests her innocence.
(d) She pretends that the demons are forcing her to hurt herself.
5. How was food brought to the convent during the fighting between the Bishop and the Santa Clara convent in the earlier centuries?
(a) Courier pigeons.
(b) A secret tunnel.
(c) Bundles tied to arrows shot over the walls.
(d) Bundles thrown from the trees.
6. In what state is Cayetano over Sierva during the Viceroy's visit?
(a) He is exhausted from trying to help her.
(b) He despairs of her heresy.
(c) He feels disgusted by her.
(d) He is obsessed with her.
7. At the end of the chapter three, what is Cayetano reading in regards to Sierva?
(a) Books on African folklore.
(b) Books on exorcism.
(c) Love poems.
(d) The Bible.
8. What does Sierva predict during her first encounter with Cayetano?
(a) The Bishop will take her away.
(b) She will be released soon.
(c) She will never be free again.
(d) She will die soon.
9. In chapter four, what does Bernarda choose to do?
(a) Force the Bishop to release her daughter.
(b) Abandons her drug use for her family.
(c) Abandon her family for drugs.
(d) Start an affair with Cayetano.
10. At the end of chapter four, what does Sierva refuse to do?
(a) Visit with her father.
(b) Visit with Cayetano.
(c) Visit with her mother.
(d) Visit with Dr. Abrenuncio.
11. What is the rank of the nuns who abandon Sierva when she first arrives at the convent?
12. How does Cayetano, in chapter three, force himself to focus on the preparations for the exorcism?
13. In chapter three, where does the Abbess first find Sierva in the convent?
(a) The Abbess's office.
(b) The slave quarters.
(c) The classrooms.
(d) The kitchen.
14. How does the Abbess feel about the Bishop?
(a) She resents him.
(b) She likes him but does not respect him.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She trusts him.
15. In Dr. Abrenuncio's view, what is an exorcism?
(a) Torture and destruction.
(b) A humane way to cure madness.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) A psychosomatic cure.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Bishop's document, what is some information that points to Sierva's assured possession?
2. In their meeting, over what issue do the Bishop and Viceroy clash?
3. Who in the convent is separated completely from the outside world?
4. In his second meeting with Sierva, what happens when Cayetano lets the girl loose?
5. How does Cayetano distract himself from his desire for Sierva at the end of chapter four?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)