|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cayetano, in chapter three, force himself to focus on the preparations for the exorcism?
2. At the end of the chapter three, what is Cayetano reading in regards to Sierva?
(a) Love poems.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Books on exorcism.
(d) Books on African folklore.
3. When the Abbess drags Sierva away from the slave quarters in chapter three, how does Sierva react?
(a) She defecates herself.
(b) She faints.
(c) She screams obscenities at all the passing nuns.
(d) She urinates on herself.
4. How does Sierva defend her jewelry from the nuns?
(a) She spits at the nuns.
(b) She bites the nuns.
(c) She punches the nuns.
(d) She screams for help.
5. When Cayetano first meets Sierva, how is the girl being restrained?
(a) Sierva is tied down on a stone bed.
(b) Sierva is chained to the wall.
(c) Sierva is tied to a cross.
6. During her violent fit in chapter three, what does Sierva inadvertently destroy?
(a) The convent's sacred cross.
(b) The convent's beehives.
(c) The convent's crops.
(d) The candles.
7. In chapter three, to whom does the Marquis turn when he realizes he wants to get Sierva out of the convent?
(b) The Abbess.
(c) Dr. Abrenuncio.
(d) The Bishop.
8. In chapter four, what does Bernarda choose to do?
(a) Force the Bishop to release her daughter.
(b) Abandon her family for drugs.
(c) Abandons her drug use for her family.
(d) Start an affair with Cayetano.
9. How the Viceroy and his wife changed Sierva's cell?
(a) They made it look nicer and more comfortable.
(b) They added more restraints to hold her down.
(c) They have arranged for her to have a single cell.
(d) They added flowers.
10. In Cayetano's dream, what is Sierva eating?
11. What realization do the doctor and priest have about Sierva?
(a) She will likely commit suicide.
(b) She is manipulating everyone in order to escape her family.
(c) They cannot save her from the Church.
(d) She is probably possessed.
12. Who in the convent is separated completely from the outside world?
(a) The novices.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The prisoners.
(d) The nuns.
13. What kind of jewelry is Sierva wearing when she arrives at the convent?
14. How does Sierva act around the nuns when people start claiming she is center of all evil in the convent?
(a) She pretends that the demons are forcing her to hurt herself.
(b) She protests her innocence.
(c) She prays at all hours in hopes that everyone notices her piety.
(d) She pretends to speak in demonic voices.
15. What information does Dr. Abrenuncio impart to Cayetano?
(a) The town is gossiping about Cayetano's relationship with Sierva.
(b) The history of rabies and whether Sierva is at risk.
(c) Sierva is at risk for developing rabies.
(d) Sierva was abused by her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio communicate?
2. How does the Abbess feel about the South American aristocrats?
3. What realization does Bernarda make in chapter four?
4. What does Cayetano wear before he goes to see Sierva in Chapter 4?
5. When the nuns steal Sierva's necklaces, what happens that forces the women to return the jewelry?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)