|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cayetano tell Sierva in chapter four to comfort her?
(a) He will free her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He believes that she will be free.
(d) He trusts her.
2. While writing love poems to Sierva, what memory seizes Cayetano?
(a) He remembers the Rector throwing away a treasured book.
(b) He remembers going to jail at 17-years-old, which led to becoming a priest.
(c) He remembers being Sierva's age and being beaten by his father.
(d) He remembers a woman he loved who died tragically.
3. When the Abbess drags Sierva away from the slave quarters in chapter three, how does Sierva react?
(a) She screams obscenities at all the passing nuns.
(b) She urinates on herself.
(c) She faints.
(d) She defecates herself.
4. Where in the convent is Sierva initially kept?
(a) The seamstress's office.
(b) The Abbess's room.
(c) The slave quarters.
(d) The jail.
5. How does Cayetano learn about the demons that he believes are controlling Sierva in Chapter 3?
(a) He listens to gossip on the streets.
(b) He reads about them in the Bishop's library.
(c) He reads about African culture.
(d) He listens to the slaves' stories.
6. What is the new Viceroy's name?
(a) Don Pedro de Buen Lozano.
(b) Don Roberto de Buen Lozagos.
(c) Don Rodrigo de Buen Lozano.
(d) Don Roberto du Bueno.
7. How do Cayetano and Dr. Abrenuncio communicate?
8. How does Cayetano react to Sierva's violent fit at the end of chapter four?
(a) He grows sad.
(b) He grows angry.
(c) He becomes aroused.
(d) He becomes sick.
9. What is Martina Laborde imprisoned for?
(b) Murdering other nuns.
(c) Murdering a priest who tried to assault her.
10. In Cayetano's dream, what is Sierva eating?
11. What fictional character is associated with the book that Dr. Abrenuncio gives to Cayetano?
(c) Don Quixote.
(d) Don Juan DeMarco.
12. How was food brought to the convent during the fighting between the Bishop and the Santa Clara convent in the earlier centuries?
(a) Courier pigeons.
(b) Bundles tied to arrows shot over the walls.
(c) A secret tunnel.
(d) Bundles thrown from the trees.
13. When Cayetano is sent to see Sierva in chapter four, how is she dressed?
(a) In boy's clothing.
(b) Fine clothes and jewels.
(c) In rags.
(d) As a nun.
14. What is striking about Sierva's dream as she relates it to Cayetano?
(a) He had the same dream before meeting her.
(b) He wrote a story that sounds a lot like her dream.
(c) The Bishop had the exact same dream a few nights earlier.
(d) He was featured in the dream as Sierva's lover.
15. How does Cayetano, in chapter three, force himself to focus on the preparations for the exorcism?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Viceroy's painting, what is surrounding Sierva?
2. About how many nuns reside in the convent?
3. What skill does Martina teach Sierva?
4. Who finds Cayetano in a sorry state at the end of chapter four?
5. When Sierva becomes friendlier to Cayetano, how does the priest react?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)