|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does the Abbess make to the Bishop in regards to Sierva?
(a) She wants to perform the exorcism herself.
(b) She wants to execute the girl for heresy.
(c) She wants to turn the girl out onto the streets.
(d) She no longer wants to be responsible for the girl.
2. How old is Father Cayetano?
3. Who finds Cayetano in a sorry state at the end of chapter four?
(b) The Marquis.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) Dr. Abrenuncio.
4. In Cayetano's dream, what is Sierva eating?
5. Who recognizes Sierva's jewelry upon the girl's arrival to the convent?
(a) The seamstress.
(b) The slave women.
(c) The novices from Africa.
(d) The cook.
6. According to the Bishop, what is the main problem with maintaining faith in the New World?
(a) The amount of disease that the slaves have brought.
(b) Heretics like the doctor.
(c) Youths running wild with no discipline.
(d) Interracial marriages.
7. In the Viceroy's painting, what is surrounding Sierva?
(a) Men who look like Cayetano.
(d) Obedient demons.
8. What is Martina Laborde imprisoned for?
(a) Murdering other nuns.
(b) Murdering a priest who tried to assault her.
9. Whom does Sierva befriend when she first comes to the convent?
(a) The cook.
(b) The slave women.
(c) The seamstress.
(d) The novices from Africa.
10. About how many nuns reside in the convent?
11. Although he is assigned as Sierva's exorcist, what is Cayetano's true desire for his career?
12. According to the Bishop's document, what is some information that points to Sierva's assured possession?
(a) She has blasphemously long hair.
(b) She has strange marks on her body.
(c) She can converse with the wildlife around her.
(d) She speaks in African languages and stays with the slaves.
13. In their meeting, over what issue do the Bishop and Viceroy clash?
(b) Slave trade.
(d) The conditions of the poor.
14. What does Sierva predict during her first encounter with Cayetano?
(a) She will never be free again.
(b) She will die soon.
(c) The Bishop will take her away.
(d) She will be released soon.
15. During her violent fit in chapter three, what does Sierva inadvertently destroy?
(a) The convent's beehives.
(b) The convent's crops.
(c) The convent's sacred cross.
(d) The candles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cayetano react to Sierva's violent fit at the end of chapter four?
2. What fictional character is associated with the book that Dr. Abrenuncio gives to Cayetano?
3. What information does Cayetano give to the Bishop after the natural event of chapter four?
4. What does Cayetano tell Sierva in chapter four to comfort her?
5. At the end of chapter four, what does Sierva refuse to do?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)