|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Father Cayetano?
2. When Cayetano first meets Sierva, how is the girl being restrained?
(a) Sierva is tied down on a stone bed.
(c) Sierva is chained to the wall.
(d) Sierva is tied to a cross.
3. At the very end of chapter three, what sort of complaint does Cayetano lodge on Sierva's behalf?
(a) Cruel punishments from the Abbess.
(b) Bad food.
(c) Uncomfortable lodgings.
(d) Unsanitary washing conditions.
4. What forbidden activity is used to celebrate the arrival of the Viceroy?
(b) Fire walking.
5. What does the Abbess list off as signs of Sierva's demonic powers to Cayetano?
(a) The behavior of the birds and plants.
(b) The smells from her cell.
(c) Her strange voices.
(d) Her odd-colored eyes.
6. What is the new Viceroy's name?
(a) Don Rodrigo de Buen Lozano.
(b) Don Roberto de Buen Lozagos.
(c) Don Roberto du Bueno.
(d) Don Pedro de Buen Lozano.
7. What natural event opens chapter four?
(a) A snowstorm.
(b) Winter solstice.
(c) A thunderstorm.
(d) The sun's eclipse.
8. In what state is Cayetano over Sierva during the Viceroy's visit?
(a) He feels disgusted by her.
(b) He is exhausted from trying to help her.
(c) He is obsessed with her.
(d) He despairs of her heresy.
9. When Sierva becomes friendlier to Cayetano, how does the priest react?
(a) He suspects she is attempting to trick him.
(b) He grows frightened of her.
(c) He begins to feel disgusted by her.
(d) He begins to fall in love with her.
10. In Dr. Abrenuncio's view, what is an exorcism?
(a) A psychosomatic cure.
(b) Torture and destruction.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) A humane way to cure madness.
11. What does Cayetano wear before he goes to see Sierva in Chapter 4?
(a) An eye patch
(b) A cast on his arm.
(c) A vestment.
(d) A scarf that belongs to Sierva.
12. In the Governor's dinner for the Viceroy, what is the entertainment?
(a) A nun playing the harp.
(b) Sierva speaking in demonic voices.
(c) A nude Abyssinian woman.
(d) Slaves singing.
13. How does Cayetano react to Sierva's violent fit at the end of chapter four?
(a) He grows sad.
(b) He grows angry.
(c) He becomes aroused.
(d) He becomes sick.
14. When she first meets the Abbess, how does Sierva behave?
(a) She faints.
(b) She is very respectful to the Abbess.
(c) She screams blasphemous phrases.
(d) She acts violently and refuses to speak.
15. How does the Abbess feel about the Bishop?
(a) She trusts him.
(b) She resents him.
(c) She likes him but does not respect him.
(d) She is in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sierva predict during her first encounter with Cayetano?
2. About how many nuns reside in the convent?
3. Who in the convent is separated completely from the outside world?
4. At the end of chapter four, what does Sierva refuse to do?
5. How does Sierva defend her jewelry from the nuns?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)