|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cayetano is sent to see Sierva in chapter four, how is she dressed?
(a) Fine clothes and jewels.
(b) As a nun.
(c) In rags.
(d) In boy's clothing.
2. What information does Dr. Abrenuncio impart to Cayetano?
(a) Sierva was abused by her mother.
(b) Sierva is at risk for developing rabies.
(c) The history of rabies and whether Sierva is at risk.
(d) The town is gossiping about Cayetano's relationship with Sierva.
3. In their meeting, over what issue do the Bishop and Viceroy clash?
(c) The conditions of the poor.
(d) Slave trade.
4. What fictional character is associated with the book that Dr. Abrenuncio gives to Cayetano?
(a) Don Quixote.
(d) Don Juan DeMarco.
5. How does Cayetano, in chapter three, win Sierva's trust?
(a) He brushes the girl's hair.
(b) He brings the girl fresh fruit.
(c) He buys the girl fresh pastries.
(d) He helps her bathe.
6. In Dr. Abrenuncio's view, what is an exorcism?
(a) A humane way to cure madness.
(b) A necessary evil.
(c) Torture and destruction.
(d) A psychosomatic cure.
7. Who in the convent is separated completely from the outside world?
(a) The novices.
(b) The slaves.
(c) The nuns.
(d) The prisoners.
8. During her violent fit in chapter three, what does Sierva inadvertently destroy?
(a) The convent's beehives.
(b) The candles.
(c) The convent's crops.
(d) The convent's sacred cross.
9. Who recognizes Sierva's jewelry upon the girl's arrival to the convent?
(a) The cook.
(b) The novices from Africa.
(c) The slave women.
(d) The seamstress.
10. In chapter three, where does the Abbess first find Sierva in the convent?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The classrooms.
(c) The Abbess's office.
(d) The slave quarters.
11. Where does the Viceroy stay when he comes to New Grenada?
(a) The Bishop's palace.
(b) The convent.
(c) The fanciest inn.
(d) The Marquis's mansion.
12. What is the result of Cayetano staring into the sun for too long in the beginning of chapter four?
(a) He can still see, but has no depth perception.
(b) He still sees eclipse out of one eye.
(c) He can no longer see color in one eye.
(d) He is blind in one eye.
13. In chapter three, to whom does the Marquis turn when he realizes he wants to get Sierva out of the convent?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The Abbess.
(c) Dr. Abrenuncio.
14. About how many nuns reside in the convent?
15. How does Cayetano react to the Abbess's attempted hysteria when he first meets Sierva?
(a) He sympathizes with the Abbess and turns all of his attention to her.
(b) He encourages the nun.
(c) He tells the nun to calm down and leave.
(d) He calms the nun down and makes her tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the very end of chapter three, what sort of complaint does Cayetano lodge on Sierva's behalf?
2. When Sierva becomes friendlier to Cayetano, how does the priest react?
3. What is the new Viceroy's name?
4. How does Cayetano react to Sierva's violent fit at the end of chapter four?
5. What is Martina Laborde imprisoned for?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)