|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rabid animals attack the town?
2. From what continent do Sierva's language skills come from?
(b) North America.
3. How does Ygnacio's wife die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She is struck by lightning.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She is thrown from a horse.
4. How does Bernarda feel about Sierva?
(a) She feels that Sierva has great potential and is too good for New Grenada.
(b) She hates her.
(c) She does not mind her daughter but does not understand her.
(d) She loves her more than anything.
5. What instrument does Ygnacio play for Sierva?
(a) The mandolin.
(b) The pan flute.
(c) The violin.
(d) The theorbo.
6. What does Don Ygnacio admit to the doctor?
(a) He is afraid of horses.
(b) He does not understand his daughter.
(c) He does not like his wife.
(d) He is afraid of his daughter.
7. Why is the animal that bit Sierva in the marketplace killed?
(a) It killed a cat.
(b) It has rabies.
(c) It has no owner.
(d) It was nearly dead from starvation.
8. What animal stays behind while the others run off on the estate of Ygnacio's father?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A mastiff.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pig.
9. Who is raising Sierva?
(b) Dominga de Adviento.
(d) The Bishop.
10. How does Bernarda spend her time after Judas's death?
(b) Racing horses.
(d) Indulging in sex and drugs.
11. What does the Bishop tell the Marquis about his daughter?
(a) She is possessed by demons.
(b) She is not mad, but undisciplined.
(c) She must be baptized.
(d) She is going to die.
12. Where does Sierva spend all her time?
(a) Slave quarters.
(b) The sugarcane fields.
(c) The market.
(d) The church.
13. Whom does Ygnacio marry when he returns to his father's house?
(a) Dulce Olivia.
(c) Dona Olalla de Mendoza.
14. Why does Sierva lie to the doctor?
(a) She picked it up from the slaves when they use it as a survival tactic.
(b) She does not want the doctor to know she was bitten badly.
(c) She does not trust the doctor not to send her away.
(d) She does not want the doctor to know that she lied about the bite.
15. What does Don Ygnacio do for Sierva that she resents him for in chapter one?
(a) He sends her to church.
(b) He gives her to Sagunta for a blessing.
(c) He buys her a new dress.
(d) He takes her out of the slave quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminds Don Ygnacio about the animal biting Sierva?
2. How did the twelve-year-old girl from the legend die?
3. What religion besides Christianity does Dominga follow?
4. What does Bernarda believe was the beginning of her downfall?
5. At the end of chapter two, what does the narrator state will happen to Sierva?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)