|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is raising Sierva?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) Dominga de Adviento.
2. What have the drugs done to Bernarda Cabrera?
(a) She has rabies.
(b) She is sick and bloated.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She has lost most of her body fat and looks sickly.
3. How long ago did the twelve-year-old girl of the legend die?
(a) 200 years ago.
(b) 400 years ago.
(c) 300 years ago.
(d) 500 years ago.
4. What action takes place that has the Bishop stepping in to check on Sierva?
(a) Sagunta, in an attempt to cure Sierva, ends up rolling around naked with the girl while covered in grease.
(b) Sierva tries to run away and goes to the church for help.
(c) Sagunta tries to replace all of Sierva's "tainted" blood.
(d) Sierva attempts suicide.
5. In what state is the family's mansion?
6. What was Bernarda Cabrera's position before she and Ygnacio married?
7. Where does the next scene of chapter one take place?
(d) New Grenada.
8. Why does the doctor doubt that Sierva has rabies?
(a) The bite was superficial.
(b) People of her racial background tend to be immune to rabies.
(c) She was bitten by another animal, not the rabid dog.
(d) The dog did not have rabies.
9. What does Don Ygnacio admit to the doctor?
(a) He does not understand his daughter.
(b) He is afraid of horses.
(c) He is afraid of his daughter.
(d) He does not like his wife.
10. How old is Sierva?
11. How does Bernarda feel about Sierva?
(a) She loves her more than anything.
(b) She feels that Sierva has great potential and is too good for New Grenada.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She does not mind her daughter but does not understand her.
12. How did Judas and Bernarda meet?
(a) She buys him.
(b) She accidentally runs her horse into his.
(c) He buys her a drink.
(d) He is sent to entrap her in marriage.
13. What does the Bishop consider Dr. Abrenuncio?
(a) A heretic.
(b) A smart man.
(c) A misguided doctor.
(d) A demon.
14. Why does Sierva lie to the doctor?
(a) She does not trust the doctor not to send her away.
(b) She picked it up from the slaves when they use it as a survival tactic.
(c) She does not want the doctor to know she was bitten badly.
(d) She does not want the doctor to know that she lied about the bite.
15. Why do Bernarda and Ygnacio marry?
(a) Ygnacio will lose his inheritance if he does not marry.
(b) Bernarda purposefully becomes pregnant.
(c) Bernarda admits she loves him.
(d) They do not want to grow old alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Bernarda Cabrera's two drugs of choice?
2. How did the Marquis's father view him when he was younger?
3. How does Bernarda know Ygnacio before they got married?
4. What rabid animals attack the town?
5. How does Bernarda spend her time after Judas's death?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)