|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the beautiful slave bought for?
(a) Her weight in copper.
(b) Her weight in gold.
(c) Her weight in silver.
(d) Her weight in iron.
2. Who blesses the marriage of Bernarda and Ygnacio?
(b) The Bishop.
(d) The Abbess.
3. How does Judas die?
(a) Drug overdose.
(c) Beaten to death in a bar fight.
(d) Murdered for his drugs.
4. Who reminds Don Ygnacio about the animal biting Sierva?
(a) The Abbess.
5. What are the slaves sent to do towards the end of chapter one?
(a) Gather up their animals to be sold.
(b) Find a doctor for Sierva.
(c) Beg for money and food.
(d) Find herbs that are meant to cure Sierva.
6. Who supervises Sierva at the end of chapter one?
(a) Caridad del Cobre.
7. How does Bernarda feel about Sierva?
(a) She feels that Sierva has great potential and is too good for New Grenada.
(b) She does not mind her daughter but does not understand her.
(c) She loves her more than anything.
(d) She hates her.
8. How did the twelve-year-old girl from the legend die?
9. Why is the convent not allowed to cut Sierva's hair?
(a) It is a tribute to God until she is married.
(b) She screams until they promise to stop.
(c) It is a sign of disrespect to cut her hair.
(d) Only nuns may cut their hair.
10. What African name does Sierva take on for herself?
(a) Maria Dominga.
(b) Mandinga du Martia.
(c) Mary de la Santos.
(d) Maria Mandinga.
11. Who tells Ygnacio that Sierva is going mad?
(a) Caridad del Cobre.
(d) Dr. Abernuncio.
12. What terrified Ygnacio on his father's estate?
(a) The farm animals.
(b) The isolation.
(c) The storms.
(d) The stories of ghosts.
13. What animal stays behind while the others run off on the estate of Ygnacio's father?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A mastiff.
(c) A pig.
(d) A horse.
14. How old is Sierva?
15. What is the station of the person raising Sierva?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Marquis do for Sierva, despite what Dr. Abrenuncio tells him?
2. Where does the next scene of chapter one take place?
3. Why does Sierva lie to the doctor?
4. How does Bernarda bring back the Marquis's wealth?
5. What does Don Ygnacio do for the man he meets on his way home from visiting the rabies patient?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)