|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sierva spend all her time?
(a) The market.
(b) The sugarcane fields.
(c) Slave quarters.
(d) The church.
2. What is strange about Dulce Olivia?
(a) She is a noblewoman from Europe.
(b) She was framed for murder.
(c) She grew up in Africa.
(d) She is mad and lives in the mental asylum next door.
3. What are Bernarda Cabrera's two drugs of choice?
(a) Fermented honey and raw cacao.
(b) Cocaine and rum.
(c) Opiates and fermented barley.
(d) Fermented grapes and marijuana.
4. Why are the slaves waiting in the harbor?
(a) They are being sold.
(b) They are to be freed.
(c) They are hiding.
5. Whom does Ygnacio marry when he returns to his father's house?
(a) Dona Olalla de Mendoza.
(d) Dulce Olivia.
6. How does Bernarda spend her time after Judas's death?
(c) Racing horses.
(d) Indulging in sex and drugs.
7. Where does Bernarda go after Judas's death?
(b) The Marquis's summer cottage in Colombia.
(c) The Mahates sugar plantation.
8. What religion besides Christianity does Dominga follow?
9. What action takes place that has the Bishop stepping in to check on Sierva?
(a) Sagunta, in an attempt to cure Sierva, ends up rolling around naked with the girl while covered in grease.
(b) Sierva attempts suicide.
(c) Sierva tries to run away and goes to the church for help.
(d) Sagunta tries to replace all of Sierva's "tainted" blood.
10. How old is Sierva?
11. What does the bishop say the Marquis must do to save Sierva?
(a) He must send Sierva to Italy.
(b) He must give her up to the Holy Office.
(c) He must allow the Bishop to bless her.
(d) He must discipline his daughter.
12. What is Don Ygnacio's title?
13. Why do Bernarda and Ygnacio marry?
(a) Bernarda purposefully becomes pregnant.
(b) Ygnacio will lose his inheritance if he does not marry.
(c) They do not want to grow old alone.
(d) Bernarda admits she loves him.
14. What animal stays behind while the others run off on the estate of Ygnacio's father?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A pig.
(c) A mastiff.
(d) A horse.
15. What does the Bishop consider Dr. Abrenuncio?
(a) A heretic.
(b) A smart man.
(c) A demon.
(d) A misguided doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ygnacio refuse to do with his wife?
2. What drug does Judas introduce to Bernarda?
3. What does Don Ygnacio do for Sierva that she resents him for in chapter one?
4. Why does Sierva lie to the doctor?
5. Why does the doctor doubt that Sierva has rabies?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)