|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bernarda bring back the Marquis's wealth?
(a) Trading and fraud.
(b) Smart business tactics.
(d) Selling slaves.
2. Who is raising Sierva?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) Dominga de Adviento.
3. How does Bernarda feel about Sierva?
(a) She loves her more than anything.
(b) She feels that Sierva has great potential and is too good for New Grenada.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She does not mind her daughter but does not understand her.
4. How old is Sierva?
5. Who supervises Sierva at the end of chapter one?
(b) Caridad del Cobre.
6. What does Don Ygnacio admit to the doctor?
(a) He is afraid of horses.
(b) He does not like his wife.
(c) He does not understand his daughter.
(d) He is afraid of his daughter.
7. What does Ygnacio's father forbid?
(a) He forbids Olivia from eating.
(b) He forbids going to church.
(c) He forbids Ygnacio from dancing and singing.
(d) He forbids Ygnacio to marry Dulce Olivia.
8. How did the twelve-year-old girl from the legend die?
9. Who is Judas Iscariote?
(a) Bernarda's brother.
(b) Dr. Abrenuncio's patient.
(c) Bernarda's former lover.
(d) The slave that raises Sierva.
10. What African name does Sierva take on for herself?
(a) Mandinga du Martia.
(b) Maria Dominga.
(c) Mary de la Santos.
(d) Maria Mandinga.
11. What does the Bishop consider Dr. Abrenuncio?
(a) A heretic.
(b) A misguided doctor.
(c) A smart man.
(d) A demon.
12. What is strange about Dulce Olivia?
(a) She grew up in Africa.
(b) She was framed for murder.
(c) She is a noblewoman from Europe.
(d) She is mad and lives in the mental asylum next door.
13. How does Ygnacio's wife die?
(a) She is thrown from a horse.
(b) She drowns.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She is struck by lightning.
14. What is Don Ygnacio's title?
15. How long ago did the twelve-year-old girl of the legend die?
(a) 400 years ago.
(b) 200 years ago.
(c) 300 years ago.
(d) 500 years ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is the family's mansion?
2. Where does Sierva spend all her time?
3. What bites Sierva in the marketplace?
4. What is unique about the skull?
5. Why is the convent not allowed to cut Sierva's hair?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)