|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who supervises Sierva at the end of chapter one?
(a) Caridad del Cobre.
2. What does Don Ygnacio do for the man he meets on his way home from visiting the rabies patient?
(a) Buys him several books.
(b) Sends him money for a new horse.
(c) Sends him a new horse.
(d) Prays for him.
3. What is the station of the person raising Sierva?
4. What religion besides Christianity does Dominga follow?
5. Who is Judas Iscariote?
(a) Bernarda's brother.
(b) Bernarda's former lover.
(c) Dr. Abrenuncio's patient.
(d) The slave that raises Sierva.
6. Why are the slaves waiting in the harbor?
(a) They are to be freed.
(b) They are being sold.
(d) They are hiding.
7. What does Ygnacio refuse to do with his wife?
(a) Read to her.
(b) Kiss her on the lips.
(c) Sleep with her.
(d) Dance with her.
8. How did the twelve-year-old girl from the legend die?
9. Whom does Ygnacio marry when he returns to his father's house?
(b) Dona Olalla de Mendoza.
(c) Dulce Olivia.
10. To whom does the skull found in the crypts belong?
(a) A 36-year-old man.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young nun.
(d) A 12-year-old girl.
11. From what continent do Sierva's language skills come from?
(a) North America.
12. What do the fireworks remind Bernarda and Ygnacio about?
(b) The death of Ygnacio's first wife.
(c) Their wedding day.
(d) Sierva's birthday.
13. What does the doctor advise Don Ygnacio to do with his daughter?
(a) He needs to be nice and treat her well.
(b) Leave her alone.
(c) He needs to take her to the Bishop for help.
(d) Send her away from New Grenada.
14. What was the occupation of the Marquis's father?
(c) Slave trader.
15. What terrified Ygnacio on his father's estate?
(a) The storms.
(b) The stories of ghosts.
(c) The farm animals.
(d) The isolation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Judas and Bernarda meet?
2. In what modern country is the next scene set?
3. Who is the narrator of this novel?
4. Who reminds Don Ygnacio about the animal biting Sierva?
5. What does the Bishop consider Dr. Abrenuncio?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)