|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Ygnacio play for Sierva?
(a) The pan flute.
(b) The mandolin.
(c) The theorbo.
(d) The violin.
2. How old is Sierva?
3. Why does the doctor doubt that Sierva has rabies?
(a) People of her racial background tend to be immune to rabies.
(b) The dog did not have rabies.
(c) She was bitten by another animal, not the rabid dog.
(d) The bite was superficial.
4. What does Don Ygnacio do for Sierva that she resents him for in chapter one?
(a) He sends her to church.
(b) He buys her a new dress.
(c) He takes her out of the slave quarters.
(d) He gives her to Sagunta for a blessing.
5. What action takes place that has the Bishop stepping in to check on Sierva?
(a) Sagunta, in an attempt to cure Sierva, ends up rolling around naked with the girl while covered in grease.
(b) Sierva attempts suicide.
(c) Sagunta tries to replace all of Sierva's "tainted" blood.
(d) Sierva tries to run away and goes to the church for help.
6. How does Bernarda bring back the Marquis's wealth?
(a) Trading and fraud.
(b) Smart business tactics.
(d) Selling slaves.
7. What is Don Ygnacio's title?
8. What drug does Judas introduce to Bernarda?
(c) Cacao tablets.
9. In what state is the family's mansion?
10. What have the drugs done to Bernarda Cabrera?
(a) She has rabies.
(b) She is sick and bloated.
(c) She has lost most of her body fat and looks sickly.
(d) She has cancer.
11. How does the Marquis learn to read and write?
(a) He communicates with the mad woman next door.
(b) He watches from outside a classroom window while a teacher goes through the alphabet.
(c) He reads the Bible.
(d) He simply picked up a book and figured it out.
12. How did the twelve-year-old girl from the legend die?
13. Why are the slaves waiting in the harbor?
(a) They are to be freed.
(b) They are hiding.
(d) They are being sold.
14. How much is the beautiful slave bought for?
(a) Her weight in gold.
(b) Her weight in copper.
(c) Her weight in silver.
(d) Her weight in iron.
15. Whom does Don Ygnacio meet on his way back from visiting a man with rabies?
(a) The Bishop.
(b) The Abbess.
(c) Father Cayetano.
(d) Dr. Abrenuncio.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bernarda know Ygnacio before they got married?
2. Where does Bernarda go after Judas's death?
3. What religion besides Christianity does Dominga follow?
4. How does Bernarda spend her time after Judas's death?
5. Why do Bernarda and Ygnacio marry?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)