|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blesses the marriage of Bernarda and Ygnacio?
(b) The Bishop.
(d) The Abbess.
2. What does Ygnacio's father forbid?
(a) He forbids Olivia from eating.
(b) He forbids going to church.
(c) He forbids Ygnacio from dancing and singing.
(d) He forbids Ygnacio to marry Dulce Olivia.
3. What does the Bishop consider Dr. Abrenuncio?
(a) A misguided doctor.
(b) A demon.
(c) A smart man.
(d) A heretic.
4. Why do Bernarda and Ygnacio marry?
(a) Bernarda purposefully becomes pregnant.
(b) They do not want to grow old alone.
(c) Bernarda admits she loves him.
(d) Ygnacio will lose his inheritance if he does not marry.
5. How does Bernarda bring back the Marquis's wealth?
(a) Trading and fraud.
(c) Selling slaves.
(d) Smart business tactics.
6. What rabid animals attack the town?
7. What religion besides Christianity does Dominga follow?
8. What does the Marquis do for Sierva, despite what Dr. Abrenuncio tells him?
(a) He forces her to take communion.
(b) He takes her to the Bishop.
(c) He ignores her symptoms.
(d) He takes her to several quacks to try to cure her.
9. What is Don Ygnacio's title?
10. Who is the narrator of this novel?
(c) The author.
(d) The Bishop.
11. What are Bernarda Cabrera's two drugs of choice?
(a) Cocaine and rum.
(b) Fermented grapes and marijuana.
(c) Fermented honey and raw cacao.
(d) Opiates and fermented barley.
12. What date does Dr. Abrenuncio give for Bernarda's death?
(a) August 15th.
(b) August 1st.
(c) September 1st.
(d) September 15th.
13. Why is the animal that bit Sierva in the marketplace killed?
(a) It has no owner.
(b) It was nearly dead from starvation.
(c) It killed a cat.
(d) It has rabies.
14. After the death of his wife, why does Ygnacio keep his dogs near?
(a) They comfort him, as his wife loved the dogs.
(b) He is afraid to be alone.
(c) He is afraid of the slaves.
(d) He believes they are the only things that love him.
15. Why are the slaves waiting in the harbor?
(a) They are being sold.
(c) They are hiding.
(d) They are to be freed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bernarda spend her time after Judas's death?
2. What do the fireworks remind Bernarda and Ygnacio about?
3. In what modern country is the next scene set?
4. Whom does Don Ygnacio meet on his way back from visiting a man with rabies?
5. Whom does Ygnacio marry when he returns to his father's house?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)