|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter two, what does the narrator state will happen to Sierva?
(a) Sierva will die attempting to run away.
(b) Sierva will run away from New Grenada.
(c) Sierva will spend five years in the convent.
(d) Sierva will never leave the convent alive.
2. From what continent do Sierva's language skills come from?
(d) North America.
3. What religion besides Christianity does Dominga follow?
4. What does Don Ygnacio do for Sierva that she resents him for in chapter one?
(a) He takes her out of the slave quarters.
(b) He gives her to Sagunta for a blessing.
(c) He sends her to church.
(d) He buys her a new dress.
5. Why is the animal that bit Sierva in the marketplace killed?
(a) It has no owner.
(b) It was nearly dead from starvation.
(c) It has rabies.
(d) It killed a cat.
6. What is the Bishop afflicted with?
(d) Kidney problems.
7. What does the Bishop consider Dr. Abrenuncio?
(a) A misguided doctor.
(b) A smart man.
(c) A heretic.
(d) A demon.
8. How did the Marquis's father view him when he was younger?
(b) Too much of a wanderer to settle down.
(c) Mentally retarded.
(d) Smart, but unfocused.
9. Where does Sierva spend all her time?
(a) The church.
(b) Slave quarters.
(c) The market.
(d) The sugarcane fields.
10. What is strange about Dulce Olivia?
(a) She is a noblewoman from Europe.
(b) She is mad and lives in the mental asylum next door.
(c) She was framed for murder.
(d) She grew up in Africa.
11. What drug does Judas introduce to Bernarda?
(c) Cacao tablets.
12. What instrument does Ygnacio play for Sierva?
(a) The theorbo.
(b) The violin.
(c) The mandolin.
(d) The pan flute.
13. How does the Marquis learn to read and write?
(a) He simply picked up a book and figured it out.
(b) He communicates with the mad woman next door.
(c) He reads the Bible.
(d) He watches from outside a classroom window while a teacher goes through the alphabet.
14. To whom does the skull found in the crypts belong?
(a) An old man.
(b) A young nun.
(c) A 12-year-old girl.
(d) A 36-year-old man.
15. Whom does Ygnacio marry when he returns to his father's house?
(c) Dulce Olivia.
(d) Dona Olalla de Mendoza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of the doctor's visits, what is beginning to change in Sierva and Ygnacio's relationship?
2. Whom does Don Ygnacio meet on his way back from visiting a man with rabies?
3. How long ago did the twelve-year-old girl of the legend die?
4. What do the fireworks remind Bernarda and Ygnacio about?
5. In what modern country is the next scene set?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)