|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bishop say the Marquis must do to save Sierva?
(a) He must send Sierva to Italy.
(b) He must allow the Bishop to bless her.
(c) He must give her up to the Holy Office.
(d) He must discipline his daughter.
2. What does the doctor advise Don Ygnacio to do with his daughter?
(a) Send her away from New Grenada.
(b) He needs to be nice and treat her well.
(c) Leave her alone.
(d) He needs to take her to the Bishop for help.
3. Who tells Ygnacio that Sierva is going mad?
(c) Dr. Abernuncio.
(d) Caridad del Cobre.
4. What does the Marquis do for Sierva, despite what Dr. Abrenuncio tells him?
(a) He takes her to several quacks to try to cure her.
(b) He ignores her symptoms.
(c) He takes her to the Bishop.
(d) He forces her to take communion.
5. Where does Sierva spend all her time?
(a) Slave quarters.
(b) The market.
(c) The sugarcane fields.
(d) The church.
6. To whom does the skull found in the crypts belong?
(a) A 36-year-old man.
(b) A young nun.
(c) A 12-year-old girl.
(d) An old man.
7. What is the station of the person raising Sierva?
8. How does Bernarda bring back the Marquis's wealth?
(a) Smart business tactics.
(b) Selling slaves.
(c) Trading and fraud.
9. What does the Bishop tell the Marquis about his daughter?
(a) She is going to die.
(b) She must be baptized.
(c) She is possessed by demons.
(d) She is not mad, but undisciplined.
10. Why is the animal that bit Sierva in the marketplace killed?
(a) It has rabies.
(b) It was nearly dead from starvation.
(c) It killed a cat.
(d) It has no owner.
11. How does Bernarda know Ygnacio before they got married?
(a) Ygnacio was her client.
(b) She held his business accounts.
(c) She made dresses for his first wife.
(d) Her father was the overseer to Ygnacio's family.
12. What terrified Ygnacio on his father's estate?
(a) The storms.
(b) The farm animals.
(c) The stories of ghosts.
(d) The isolation.
13. Why is she going to the market?
(a) It is her birthday.
(b) She wants to buy a dog.
(c) She is bored and wants to get into trouble.
(d) Her mother sent her.
14. How did the twelve-year-old girl from the legend die?
15. What bites Sierva in the marketplace?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Ygnacio admit to the doctor?
2. How does Bernarda spend her time after Judas's death?
3. Where does the next scene of chapter one take place?
4. What is the Bishop afflicted with?
5. Where does Bernarda go after Judas's death?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)