|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ygnacio's wife die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She is thrown from a horse.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She is struck by lightning.
2. How much is the beautiful slave bought for?
(a) Her weight in iron.
(b) Her weight in gold.
(c) Her weight in copper.
(d) Her weight in silver.
3. How old is Sierva?
4. How does Bernarda feel about Sierva?
(a) She does not mind her daughter but does not understand her.
(b) She feels that Sierva has great potential and is too good for New Grenada.
(c) She loves her more than anything.
(d) She hates her.
5. Why does Sierva lie to the doctor?
(a) She does not want the doctor to know that she lied about the bite.
(b) She does not trust the doctor not to send her away.
(c) She picked it up from the slaves when they use it as a survival tactic.
(d) She does not want the doctor to know she was bitten badly.
6. To whom does the skull found in the crypts belong?
(a) An old man.
(b) A young nun.
(c) A 36-year-old man.
(d) A 12-year-old girl.
7. Why is she going to the market?
(a) Her mother sent her.
(b) She wants to buy a dog.
(c) She is bored and wants to get into trouble.
(d) It is her birthday.
8. What is strange about Dulce Olivia?
(a) She is mad and lives in the mental asylum next door.
(b) She is a noblewoman from Europe.
(c) She was framed for murder.
(d) She grew up in Africa.
9. What does the Bishop tell the Marquis about his daughter?
(a) She is going to die.
(b) She is possessed by demons.
(c) She must be baptized.
(d) She is not mad, but undisciplined.
10. What is the Bishop afflicted with?
(d) Kidney problems.
11. What rabid animals attack the town?
12. Who supervises Sierva at the end of chapter one?
(d) Caridad del Cobre.
13. Who is raising Sierva?
(b) The Bishop.
(d) Dominga de Adviento.
14. In what modern country is the next scene set?
15. Why is the animal that bit Sierva in the marketplace killed?
(a) It has rabies.
(b) It has no owner.
(c) It was nearly dead from starvation.
(d) It killed a cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernarda believe was the beginning of her downfall?
2. At the end of chapter two, what does the narrator state will happen to Sierva?
3. What animal stays behind while the others run off on the estate of Ygnacio's father?
4. Because of the doctor's visits, what is beginning to change in Sierva and Ygnacio's relationship?
5. Why is the convent not allowed to cut Sierva's hair?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)