|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Sierva?
2. Where does the next scene of chapter one take place?
(b) New Grenada.
3. Who is Judas Iscariote?
(a) The slave that raises Sierva.
(b) Dr. Abrenuncio's patient.
(c) Bernarda's former lover.
(d) Bernarda's brother.
4. In what state is the family's mansion?
5. Who is raising Sierva?
(a) Dominga de Adviento.
(b) The Bishop.
6. At the end of chapter two, what does the narrator state will happen to Sierva?
(a) Sierva will never leave the convent alive.
(b) Sierva will run away from New Grenada.
(c) Sierva will die attempting to run away.
(d) Sierva will spend five years in the convent.
7. What terrified Ygnacio on his father's estate?
(a) The farm animals.
(b) The storms.
(c) The isolation.
(d) The stories of ghosts.
8. What religion besides Christianity does Dominga follow?
9. Who reminds Don Ygnacio about the animal biting Sierva?
(a) The Abbess.
10. How does Judas die?
(b) Beaten to death in a bar fight.
(c) Murdered for his drugs.
(d) Drug overdose.
11. How long ago did the twelve-year-old girl of the legend die?
(a) 200 years ago.
(b) 500 years ago.
(c) 300 years ago.
(d) 400 years ago.
12. How does Ygnacio's wife die?
(a) She is struck by lightning.
(b) She is thrown from a horse.
(c) She commits suicide.
(d) She drowns.
13. To whom does the skull found in the crypts belong?
(a) A 36-year-old man.
(b) A 12-year-old girl.
(c) An old man.
(d) A young nun.
14. Why are the slaves waiting in the harbor?
(a) They are being sold.
(b) They are hiding.
(d) They are to be freed.
15. From what continent do Sierva's language skills come from?
(d) North America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Don Ygnacio meet on his way back from visiting a man with rabies?
2. Who is the narrator of this novel?
3. What does the Bishop consider Dr. Abrenuncio?
4. How does Bernarda bring back the Marquis's wealth?
5. How does the Marquis learn to read and write?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)