|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Marquis's father view him when he was younger?
(a) Too much of a wanderer to settle down.
(b) Smart, but unfocused.
(d) Mentally retarded.
2. To whom does the skull found in the crypts belong?
(a) A young nun.
(b) A 12-year-old girl.
(c) A 36-year-old man.
(d) An old man.
3. Why is the convent not allowed to cut Sierva's hair?
(a) It is a tribute to God until she is married.
(b) It is a sign of disrespect to cut her hair.
(c) Only nuns may cut their hair.
(d) She screams until they promise to stop.
4. What instrument does Ygnacio play for Sierva?
(a) The theorbo.
(b) The violin.
(c) The mandolin.
(d) The pan flute.
5. Whom does Don Ygnacio meet on his way back from visiting a man with rabies?
(a) The Abbess.
(b) Dr. Abrenuncio.
(c) The Bishop.
(d) Father Cayetano.
6. Who supervises Sierva at the end of chapter one?
(b) Caridad del Cobre.
7. What is the station of the person raising Sierva?
8. What does the Bishop tell the Marquis about his daughter?
(a) She is possessed by demons.
(b) She must be baptized.
(c) She is going to die.
(d) She is not mad, but undisciplined.
9. From what continent do Sierva's language skills come from?
(d) North America.
10. Where does Bernarda go after Judas's death?
(a) The Mahates sugar plantation.
(c) The Marquis's summer cottage in Colombia.
11. How does Ygnacio's wife die?
(a) She is struck by lightning.
(b) She commits suicide.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She is thrown from a horse.
12. After the death of his wife, why does Ygnacio keep his dogs near?
(a) He believes they are the only things that love him.
(b) He is afraid of the slaves.
(c) They comfort him, as his wife loved the dogs.
(d) He is afraid to be alone.
13. Who tells Ygnacio that Sierva is going mad?
(a) Dr. Abernuncio.
(b) Caridad del Cobre.
14. In what modern country is the next scene set?
15. What animal stays behind while the others run off on the estate of Ygnacio's father?
(a) A sheep.
(b) A horse.
(c) A mastiff.
(d) A pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the twelve-year-old girl from the legend die?
2. How did Judas and Bernarda meet?
3. What does the Marquis do for Sierva, despite what Dr. Abrenuncio tells him?
4. Who blesses the marriage of Bernarda and Ygnacio?
5. Who reminds Don Ygnacio about the animal biting Sierva?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)