|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion besides Christianity does Dominga follow?
2. What are the slaves sent to do towards the end of chapter one?
(a) Gather up their animals to be sold.
(b) Find a doctor for Sierva.
(c) Beg for money and food.
(d) Find herbs that are meant to cure Sierva.
3. Because of the doctor's visits, what is beginning to change in Sierva and Ygnacio's relationship?
(a) Sierva resents her father more.
(b) Ygnacio stops communicating with his daughter.
(c) They begin to read together.
(d) She is beginning to communicate with her father.
4. Who is the narrator of this novel?
(a) The author.
(d) The Bishop.
5. What animal stays behind while the others run off on the estate of Ygnacio's father?
(a) A pig.
(b) A horse.
(c) A mastiff.
(d) A sheep.
6. What bites Sierva in the marketplace?
(a) A person.
(b) A dog.
(c) A cat.
(d) A monkey.
7. How long ago did the twelve-year-old girl of the legend die?
(a) 500 years ago.
(b) 200 years ago.
(c) 400 years ago.
(d) 300 years ago.
8. How much is the beautiful slave bought for?
(a) Her weight in copper.
(b) Her weight in silver.
(c) Her weight in iron.
(d) Her weight in gold.
9. What was the occupation of the Marquis's father?
(c) Slave trader.
10. Who supervises Sierva at the end of chapter one?
(b) Caridad del Cobre.
11. Whom does Don Ygnacio meet on his way back from visiting a man with rabies?
(a) Dr. Abrenuncio.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The Abbess.
(d) Father Cayetano.
12. Where does Bernarda go after Judas's death?
(a) The Marquis's summer cottage in Colombia.
(c) The Mahates sugar plantation.
13. What is unique about the skull?
(a) The teeth are all golden.
(b) There is no damage to it.
(c) Copper colored hair is growing from it.
(d) There are tribal designs carved into the bone.
14. What are Bernarda Cabrera's two drugs of choice?
(a) Fermented grapes and marijuana.
(b) Cocaine and rum.
(c) Opiates and fermented barley.
(d) Fermented honey and raw cacao.
15. How did the twelve-year-old girl from the legend die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Ygnacio do for the man he meets on his way home from visiting the rabies patient?
2. After the death of his wife, why does Ygnacio keep his dogs near?
3. What is strange about Dulce Olivia?
4. What do the fireworks remind Bernarda and Ygnacio about?
5. In what state is the family's mansion?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)