|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who supervises Sierva at the end of chapter one?
(d) Caridad del Cobre.
2. What bites Sierva in the marketplace?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A cat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A person.
3. Who tells Ygnacio that Sierva is going mad?
(c) Caridad del Cobre.
(d) Dr. Abernuncio.
4. Why is the animal that bit Sierva in the marketplace killed?
(a) It was nearly dead from starvation.
(b) It has no owner.
(c) It has rabies.
(d) It killed a cat.
5. What does Don Ygnacio do for the man he meets on his way home from visiting the rabies patient?
(a) Buys him several books.
(b) Prays for him.
(c) Sends him a new horse.
(d) Sends him money for a new horse.
6. How does Bernarda feel about Sierva?
(a) She feels that Sierva has great potential and is too good for New Grenada.
(b) She hates her.
(c) She loves her more than anything.
(d) She does not mind her daughter but does not understand her.
7. Who reminds Don Ygnacio about the animal biting Sierva?
(b) The Abbess.
8. What animal stays behind while the others run off on the estate of Ygnacio's father?
(a) A pig.
(b) A horse.
(c) A sheep.
(d) A mastiff.
9. How does Bernarda bring back the Marquis's wealth?
(b) Trading and fraud.
(c) Selling slaves.
(d) Smart business tactics.
10. To whom does the skull found in the crypts belong?
(a) A 36-year-old man.
(b) A 12-year-old girl.
(c) A young nun.
(d) An old man.
11. What does Don Ygnacio admit to the doctor?
(a) He does not understand his daughter.
(b) He is afraid of his daughter.
(c) He is afraid of horses.
(d) He does not like his wife.
12. What does Ygnacio refuse to do with his wife?
(a) Sleep with her.
(b) Kiss her on the lips.
(c) Dance with her.
(d) Read to her.
13. What does the Marquis do for Sierva, despite what Dr. Abrenuncio tells him?
(a) He ignores her symptoms.
(b) He forces her to take communion.
(c) He takes her to the Bishop.
(d) He takes her to several quacks to try to cure her.
14. What is the station of the person raising Sierva?
15. What does Don Ygnacio do for Sierva that she resents him for in chapter one?
(a) He buys her a new dress.
(b) He gives her to Sagunta for a blessing.
(c) He takes her out of the slave quarters.
(d) He sends her to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action takes place that has the Bishop stepping in to check on Sierva?
2. What is unique about the skull?
3. How did the twelve-year-old girl from the legend die?
4. Who is Judas Iscariote?
5. Where does Sierva spend all her time?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)