|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the skull found in the crypts belong?
(a) A 36-year-old man.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young nun.
(d) A 12-year-old girl.
2. What does the Marquis do for Sierva, despite what Dr. Abrenuncio tells him?
(a) He takes her to the Bishop.
(b) He ignores her symptoms.
(c) He takes her to several quacks to try to cure her.
(d) He forces her to take communion.
3. How does Bernarda feel about Sierva?
(a) She does not mind her daughter but does not understand her.
(b) She feels that Sierva has great potential and is too good for New Grenada.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She loves her more than anything.
4. What drug does Judas introduce to Bernarda?
(a) Cacao tablets.
5. What rabid animals attack the town?
6. What are Bernarda Cabrera's two drugs of choice?
(a) Fermented grapes and marijuana.
(b) Fermented honey and raw cacao.
(c) Opiates and fermented barley.
(d) Cocaine and rum.
7. What bites Sierva in the marketplace?
(a) A cat.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A person.
(d) A dog.
8. How does Bernarda know Ygnacio before they got married?
(a) She held his business accounts.
(b) Ygnacio was her client.
(c) She made dresses for his first wife.
(d) Her father was the overseer to Ygnacio's family.
9. What date does Dr. Abrenuncio give for Bernarda's death?
(a) September 1st.
(b) August 1st.
(c) September 15th.
(d) August 15th.
10. How old is Sierva?
11. Who blesses the marriage of Bernarda and Ygnacio?
(b) The Abbess.
(d) The Bishop.
12. How does Bernarda bring back the Marquis's wealth?
(a) Smart business tactics.
(b) Trading and fraud.
(d) Selling slaves.
13. What religion besides Christianity does Dominga follow?
14. How does Judas die?
(a) Drug overdose.
(c) Murdered for his drugs.
(d) Beaten to death in a bar fight.
15. Whom does Don Ygnacio meet on his way back from visiting a man with rabies?
(a) Father Cayetano.
(b) The Bishop.
(c) The Abbess.
(d) Dr. Abrenuncio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Ygnacio do for Sierva that she resents him for in chapter one?
2. How did Judas and Bernarda meet?
3. What was Bernarda Cabrera's position before she and Ygnacio married?
4. What is Don Ygnacio's title?
5. Why do Bernarda and Ygnacio marry?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)