|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What African name does Sierva take on for herself?
(a) Maria Dominga.
(b) Mandinga du Martia.
(c) Mary de la Santos.
(d) Maria Mandinga.
2. How did the twelve-year-old girl from the legend die?
3. What is happening to the crypts at Santa Clara at the beginning of the novel?
(a) They have been turned into a tourist attraction.
(b) They are being emptied.
(c) They have been destroyed by an earthquake.
(d) They have been flooded.
4. What religion besides Christianity does Dominga follow?
5. Who is the narrator of this novel?
(a) The Bishop.
(c) The author.
6. How did the Marquis's father view him when he was younger?
(b) Too much of a wanderer to settle down.
(c) Mentally retarded.
(d) Smart, but unfocused.
7. How does Judas die?
(a) Murdered for his drugs.
(c) Beaten to death in a bar fight.
(d) Drug overdose.
8. How does Bernarda know Ygnacio before they got married?
(a) She held his business accounts.
(b) She made dresses for his first wife.
(c) Ygnacio was her client.
(d) Her father was the overseer to Ygnacio's family.
9. Who tells Ygnacio that Sierva is going mad?
(a) Caridad del Cobre.
(b) Dr. Abernuncio.
10. Why does the doctor doubt that Sierva has rabies?
(a) The dog did not have rabies.
(b) The bite was superficial.
(c) People of her racial background tend to be immune to rabies.
(d) She was bitten by another animal, not the rabid dog.
11. Where does the next scene of chapter one take place?
(a) New Grenada.
12. What is Don Ygnacio's title?
13. What is the station of the person raising Sierva?
14. What does the Bishop consider Dr. Abrenuncio?
(a) A heretic.
(b) A smart man.
(c) A demon.
(d) A misguided doctor.
15. Why does Sierva lie to the doctor?
(a) She does not trust the doctor not to send her away.
(b) She does not want the doctor to know that she lied about the bite.
(c) She does not want the doctor to know she was bitten badly.
(d) She picked it up from the slaves when they use it as a survival tactic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Bishop afflicted with?
2. What rabid animals attack the town?
3. How does Bernarda spend her time after Judas's death?
4. How does Bernarda feel about Sierva?
5. What have the drugs done to Bernarda Cabrera?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)