|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blesses the marriage of Bernarda and Ygnacio?
(b) The Bishop.
(d) The Abbess.
2. What African name does Sierva take on for herself?
(a) Mandinga du Martia.
(b) Maria Dominga.
(c) Mary de la Santos.
(d) Maria Mandinga.
3. What does Ygnacio's father forbid?
(a) He forbids Olivia from eating.
(b) He forbids going to church.
(c) He forbids Ygnacio to marry Dulce Olivia.
(d) He forbids Ygnacio from dancing and singing.
4. Who supervises Sierva at the end of chapter one?
(c) Caridad del Cobre.
5. Who reminds Don Ygnacio about the animal biting Sierva?
(d) The Abbess.
6. Who tells Ygnacio that Sierva is going mad?
(a) Caridad del Cobre.
(d) Dr. Abernuncio.
7. What does Don Ygnacio do for Sierva that she resents him for in chapter one?
(a) He gives her to Sagunta for a blessing.
(b) He sends her to church.
(c) He buys her a new dress.
(d) He takes her out of the slave quarters.
8. What was Bernarda Cabrera's position before she and Ygnacio married?
9. What does Bernarda believe was the beginning of her downfall?
(a) Her arrival in New Grenada.
(b) Giving birth to Sierva.
(c) Her marriage to the Marquis.
(d) Her affair with Judas.
10. How much is the beautiful slave bought for?
(a) Her weight in copper.
(b) Her weight in gold.
(c) Her weight in iron.
(d) Her weight in silver.
11. What religion besides Christianity does Dominga follow?
12. What does Ygnacio refuse to do with his wife?
(a) Dance with her.
(b) Read to her.
(c) Kiss her on the lips.
(d) Sleep with her.
13. From what continent do Sierva's language skills come from?
(b) North America.
14. How old is Sierva?
15. Why does the doctor doubt that Sierva has rabies?
(a) People of her racial background tend to be immune to rabies.
(b) She was bitten by another animal, not the rabid dog.
(c) The bite was superficial.
(d) The dog did not have rabies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Marquis do for Sierva, despite what Dr. Abrenuncio tells him?
2. How does Bernarda know Ygnacio before they got married?
3. Whom does Ygnacio marry when he returns to his father's house?
4. What rabid animals attack the town?
5. At the end of chapter two, what does the narrator state will happen to Sierva?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)