|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the convent is Sierva initially kept?
(a) The Abbess's room.
(b) The jail.
(c) The slave quarters.
(d) The seamstress's office.
2. In Dr. Abrenuncio's view, what is an exorcism?
(a) A humane way to cure madness.
(b) Torture and destruction.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) A psychosomatic cure.
3. What does Cayetano tell Sierva in chapter four to comfort her?
(a) He believes that she will be free.
(b) He will free her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He trusts her.
4. What does Don Ygnacio admit to the doctor?
(a) He is afraid of horses.
(b) He is afraid of his daughter.
(c) He does not like his wife.
(d) He does not understand his daughter.
5. What miracle occurs when Sierva dies?
(a) Her body remains warm for days after her death.
(b) Her spirit is seen walking out of the convent.
(c) Her wounds heal.
(d) Her hair grows back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sierva react when the Bishop returns to the exorcism at the end of chapter five?
2. How does the Bishop explain Cayetano's harsh punishment to the rest of the church in chapter five?
3. Why are the slaves waiting in the harbor?
4. What do the fireworks remind Bernarda and Ygnacio about?
5. What is the result of Cayetano staring into the sun for too long in the beginning of chapter four?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)