|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mawi didn't have enough money for ___________, in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
2. Where did Mawi and his brother take a parking meter after knocking it down?
3. In what year was Haileab born?
4. What is the name of the individual who believed in Mawi and appreciated his dedication to track?
5. In "Eyeing the Mountaintop," Mawi realized that his family was unique and that not everybody looked for _______________.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the settings of Adi Wahla, Ethiopia, and Sudan. Where did Mawi's family first encounter refugees in Sudan? What were the conditions like there? Also discuss the journey of Mawi's family across the desert to arrive in Sudan. What dangers did the family face?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the English meaning of "Libee Migbar" and the actions of Tewolde in the chapter by the same name. How does the author describe Tewolde's transformation? How is this illustrated through Tewolde's actions? What caused Tewolde to change in "Libee Migbar"?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the impact of Tewolde's death on the narrator. How was Tewolde killed? What foreshadowing refers to this incident early in the narrative? How does Mawi describe the aftermath of the accident? How was Tewolde remembered at his funeral?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)