|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who found Mawi and his brother after they knocked down a parking meter?
(a) The school principle.
(b) A nun.
(c) A policeman.
(d) Their father.
2. What would Mawi's father do whenever the armies approached?
(a) Insult them.
(b) Tell them to go away.
(c) Go into hiding.
(d) Throw water at them.
3. Where did Mawi's mother send her sons for safekeeping when the armies came close to their home in "Coffee Tales"?
(a) Her sister's home.
(b) Her father's home.
(c) Her brother's home.
(d) Her cousin's home.
4. Where did Mawi's father work while they were refugees awaiting immigration to America?
(a) The Swedish Ministry clinic.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The Presbyterian Ministry.
(d) The Red Cross.
5. Mawi didn't have enough money for ___________, in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(a) A new car.
(b) College application fees.
(c) Food and clothing.
(d) A ticket to Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tewolde wanted to clean windows at what building?
2. After Tewolde's death, Mawi was looking through his room and found a picture of a boy that his brother had ______________.
3. Which of the following sports was Mawi involved in during high school?
4. Mawi's brother was killed during what holiday break?
5. Who offered Mawi a full-tuition scholarship?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)