|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Haileab earned further education and became what as opposed to a full-fledged doctor?
(a) An advanced dresser.
(b) An X-Ray technician.
(c) An MRI technician.
(d) A phlebotomy technician.
2. What did Mawi become during his senior year?
(a) President of Student Government.
(b) A chess champion.
(c) A football star.
3. When Haileab left his family, he did so because he knew that if they traveled with him, they would be ____________.
(c) Considered heroes.
4. In what year was Haileab born?
5. Tewolde had a knack for what, according to the author in "Libee Migbar"?
(a) Playing skip-rope.
(b) Picking up girls.
(c) Getting things for free.
(d) Playing the guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location did Mawi's father leave once the armies began coming too often?
2. What job did Mawi and Tewolde do first in order to make money in "Libee Migbar"?
3. What year was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
4. What refers to an athletic conference comprising eight private institutions of higher education in the Northeastern United States?
5. Which of the following sports was Mawi involved in during high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to Tewolde developing his own business in "Libee Migbar"?
2. What faux pas did Haileab commit at the family's new residence in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
3. What led Mawi's mother to eventually leave for Sudan with her children, as revealed in "Coffee Tales"?
4. What correlation did the author find between Halloween and holidays from his homeland in "Days of Mischief"?
5. Who related stories of Haileab to Mawi in "The Unmaking of a Man"? What did Mawi realize about his father after hearing these stories?
6. Where did Haileab find control in his life, according to the author in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
7. How did Mawi attempt to take responsibility for his family, as related in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
8. Why was Mawi's family evicted? What happened when they moved in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
9. What did Mawi and his siblings learn about their father's birth and early life in "The Making of a Man"?
10. How did Tewolde acquire a weight bench in "Libee Migbar"? Whom did he ask to help transport it?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)