|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date was Mawi Asgedom born?
(a) October 3, 1982.
(b) September 29, 1976.
(c) June 26, 1980.
(d) May 14, 1977.
2. What job did Mawi and Tewolde do first in order to make money in "Libee Migbar"?
(a) Drove cabs.
(b) Restructured damaged driveways.
(c) Sorted recycling.
3. What did Mawi become during his senior year?
(a) A football star.
(b) President of Student Government.
(d) A chess champion.
4. What would Haileab read at the events where hundreds of refugees would gather together in reception hall?
(a) Soccer scores.
(b) The Bible.
(d) The newspaper.
5. What refers to an athletic conference comprising eight private institutions of higher education in the Northeastern United States?
(a) The Ivy League.
(b) The PAC 10.
(c) The big 10.
(d) The upper league.
Short Answer Questions
1. What forced Haileab into unemployment in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
2. What library did Mawi and his brother often go to in "Libee Migbar"?
3. What did Haileab regularly have his children get up and do in the mornings?
4. Why did Haileab's family have to relocate in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
5. How old was Tewolde when he started his own business?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mawi and his brother almost get arrested in "Days of Mischief"? What words of their father did they recall?
2. How did Mawi's father come to work essentially as a doctor, as described in "The Making of a Man"?
3. What plan did Mawi and Tewolde develop on Halloween in "Days of Mischief"?
4. Who related stories of Haileab to Mawi in "The Unmaking of a Man"? What did Mawi realize about his father after hearing these stories?
5. How does the author describe his brother's transformation in "Libee Migbar"?
6. Where does Mawi describe his father reciting poetry in "The Unmaking of a Man"? What did he think of the poetry?
7. What did Mawi and his siblings learn about their father's birth and early life in "The Making of a Man"?
8. What athletics was the author involved in during high school, as related in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"? Who helped him succeed?
9. What correlation did the author find between Halloween and holidays from his homeland in "Days of Mischief"?
10. How did Mawi attempt to take responsibility for his family, as related in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)