|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tewolde's death, Mawi was looking through his room and found a picture of a boy from _______________.
(c) South America.
2. What did Mawi realize his father had been at the end of "The Unmaking of a Man"?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A thief.
(c) A hero.
(d) A professional athlete.
3. What disease did Haileab develop in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
(b) Multiple sclerosis.
4. What job did Mawi and Tewolde do first in order to make money in "Libee Migbar"?
(a) Restructured damaged driveways.
(b) Drove cabs.
(c) Sorted recycling.
5. Who died soon after Haileab's birth, as described in "The Making of a Man"?
(a) Haileab's mother.
(b) Haileab's sister.
(c) Haileab's brother.
(d) Haileab's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Libee Migbar" mean in English?
2. On what date was Mawi Asgedom born?
3. In "Days of Mischief," what did the villagers of Sudan build for the annual celebration?
4. Tewolde had a knack for what, according to the author in "Libee Migbar"?
5. Mawi and his brother almost died from __________________ when they were sent away from their mother.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Haileab find control in his life, according to the author in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
2. What did Mawi realize about his family in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"? Who did he hope to become like?
3. What led to Tewolde developing his own business in "Libee Migbar"?
4. Why was Mawi's family evicted? What happened when they moved in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
5. What did Mawi find in Tewolde's room after his death in "Libee Migbar"? What did this make him realize?
6. What did Mawi and his siblings learn about their father's birth and early life in "The Making of a Man"?
7. What led Mawi's mother to eventually leave for Sudan with her children, as revealed in "Coffee Tales"?
8. What athletics was the author involved in during high school, as related in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"? Who helped him succeed?
9. Where did Tewolde and Mawi take the weight bench in "Libee Migbar"? What discovery did Mawi make of his brother?
10. What plan did Mawi and Tewolde develop on Halloween in "Days of Mischief"?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)