|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mawi describes admiring and wanting to be like whom in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
2. Mawi didn't have enough money for ___________, in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(a) A ticket to Africa.
(b) Food and clothing.
(c) College application fees.
(d) A new car.
3. What is the official name for the largest Christian church in Egypt and the Middle East?
(a) The Roman Catholic Church.
(b) The Roman Orthodox Church.
(c) The Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria.
(d) The Orthodox Church of the Nazarene.
4. In "Days of Mischief," what did the villagers of Sudan build for the annual celebration?
(a) A huge bonfire.
(b) A great pyramid.
(c) A sacrificial altar.
(d) A temple.
5. Where did Haileab work as a janitor in America in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
(a) An office building.
(b) A dentist's office.
(c) The college.
(d) A sports stadium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What library did Mawi and his brother often go to in "Libee Migbar"?
2. What did Tewolde help the man whom he had taken the weight bench from find?
3. What is identified in the Bible as the place of refuge that the Holy Family sought in its flight from Judea?
4. The man that Tewolde took the weight bench to in "Libee Migbar" was the same man from where?
5. What did Haileab do with the debris after cleaning up his new neighborhood?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)