|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggested that Mawi apply to an Ivy League college?
(a) His mother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) The school janitor.
(d) His school counselor.
2. Whom did Tewolde ask to help him transport a weight bench?
3. How far did Mawi run to get to athletic practices at the school?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 26 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
4. Mawi was a high honor roll student until he hit what level of school in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(b) Elementary school.
(c) Middle school.
(d) High school.
5. Where did Mawi and his brother take a parking meter after knocking it down?
(a) To a bridge.
(b) To a cave.
(c) To a church.
(d) To a swamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mawi and his brother almost died from __________________ when they were sent away from their mother.
2. Where did Mawi's mother send her sons for safekeeping when the armies came close to their home in "Coffee Tales"?
3. Mawi describes admiring and wanting to be like whom in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
4. Mawi's father was so helpful that the rebels wanted him to do what for them, as described in "Coffee Tales"?
5. What year was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mawi's father come to work essentially as a doctor, as described in "The Making of a Man"?
2. Where does Mawi describe his father reciting poetry in "The Unmaking of a Man"? What did he think of the poetry?
3. What did Mawi and his siblings learn about their father's birth and early life in "The Making of a Man"?
4. Where did Tewolde and Mawi take the weight bench in "Libee Migbar"? What discovery did Mawi make of his brother?
5. Where did Haileab find control in his life, according to the author in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
6. How did Tewolde acquire a weight bench in "Libee Migbar"? Whom did he ask to help transport it?
7. How did Mawi attempt to take responsibility for his family, as related in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
8. What did Mawi find in Tewolde's room after his death in "Libee Migbar"? What did this make him realize?
9. How did Mawi and his brother almost get arrested in "Days of Mischief"? What words of their father did they recall?
10. What led to Tewolde developing his own business in "Libee Migbar"?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)