|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
2. When Haileab left his family, he did so because he knew that if they traveled with him, they would be ____________.
(a) Considered heroes.
3. After Tewolde's death, Mawi was looking through his room and found a picture of a boy from _______________.
(b) South America.
4. Mawi was a high honor roll student until he hit what level of school in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(a) Elementary school.
(b) Middle school.
(d) High school.
5. What did the track coach purchase for Mawi during the four years he was on the track team?
(d) Running shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Haileab's family have to relocate in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
2. For how long was Mawi separated from his father while in Africa during his childhood?
3. What did Haileab regularly have his children get up and do in the mornings?
4. What does the author say his high school teachers did in order to help him achieve success?
5. What did Mawi realize his father had been at the end of "The Unmaking of a Man"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)