|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Haileab regularly have his children get up and do in the mornings?
(a) Play Scrabble.
(c) Wash the car.
2. How long was it after the library incident that a friend was giving away a weight bench in "Libee Migbar"?
(a) Ten days.
(b) A year.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Two weeks.
3. Tewolde wanted to clean windows at what building?
(a) The candy store.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The church.
(d) The library.
4. What did the track coach purchase for Mawi during the four years he was on the track team?
(a) Running shoes.
5. What refers to an athletic conference comprising eight private institutions of higher education in the Northeastern United States?
(a) The PAC 10.
(b) The Ivy League.
(c) The big 10.
(d) The upper league.
Short Answer Questions
1. Used to wealth and prestige back in his homeland, Haileab found himself metamorphosed into what in America, according to the author in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
2. On what date was Mawi Asgedom born?
3. What does "Libee Migbar" mean in English?
4. Haileab was unable to pass the test to get _______________.
5. Tewolde had a knack for what, according to the author in "Libee Migbar"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What faux pas did Haileab commit at the family's new residence in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
2. What did Tewolde hope to accomplish with his business in "Libee Migbar"? What happened instead?
3. What athletics was the author involved in during high school, as related in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"? Who helped him succeed?
4. What did Mawi and his brother learn about their father's departure in "Coffee Tales"?
5. Where does Mawi describe his father reciting poetry in "The Unmaking of a Man"? What did he think of the poetry?
6. What plan did Mawi and Tewolde develop on Halloween in "Days of Mischief"?
7. What led to Tewolde developing his own business in "Libee Migbar"?
8. What did Mawi realize about his family in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"? Who did he hope to become like?
9. What led Mawi's mother to eventually leave for Sudan with her children, as revealed in "Coffee Tales"?
10. Where did Haileab find control in his life, according to the author in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)