|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is identified in the Bible as the place of refuge that the Holy Family sought in its flight from Judea?
2. Mawi was a high honor roll student until he hit what level of school in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(b) Elementary school.
(c) High school.
(d) Middle school.
3. How far did Mawi run to get to athletic practices at the school?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 26 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
4. At what nearby college did Mawi use the sports facilities to exercise growing up?
(a) College of DuPage.
(b) Wheaton College.
5. In "Eyeing the Mountaintop," Mawi realized that his family was unique and that not everybody looked for _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found Mawi and his brother after they knocked down a parking meter?
2. Whom did Tewolde ask to help him transport a weight bench?
3. Used to wealth and prestige back in his homeland, Haileab found himself metamorphosed into what in America, according to the author in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
4. Where did Mawi and his brother take a parking meter after knocking it down?
5. Haileab surmised that if he went by himself to Sudan, the rebels would think he was just going to __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Mawi's family evicted? What happened when they moved in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
2. What correlation did the author find between Halloween and holidays from his homeland in "Days of Mischief"?
3. What faux pas did Haileab commit at the family's new residence in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
4. What plan did Mawi and Tewolde develop on Halloween in "Days of Mischief"?
5. How did Mawi's father come to work essentially as a doctor, as described in "The Making of a Man"?
6. How did Mawi and his brother almost get arrested in "Days of Mischief"? What words of their father did they recall?
7. Where did Haileab find control in his life, according to the author in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
8. What did Mawi find in Tewolde's room after his death in "Libee Migbar"? What did this make him realize?
9. Where does Mawi describe his father reciting poetry in "The Unmaking of a Man"? What did he think of the poetry?
10. What led to Tewolde developing his own business in "Libee Migbar"?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)