Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mawi's mother send her sons for safekeeping when the armies came close to their home in "Coffee Tales"?
(a) Her cousin's home.
(b) Her brother's home.
(c) Her father's home.
(d) Her sister's home.
2. A teacher helped Tewolde start his own business by teaching him how to ________________.
(a) Use logic.
(b) Focus on one thing.
(c) His taxes.
(d) Market himself.
3. What month was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
4. Where did Mawi's father work while they were refugees awaiting immigration to America?
(a) The Presbyterian Ministry.
(b) The Swedish Ministry clinic.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The Red Cross.
5. Mawi understood that he wanted to take responsibility for his family, and his way to do that was through what means?
(a) Athletic success.
(b) Getting a job.
(c) Marrying into wealth.
(d) Academic success.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mawi and his brother almost died from __________________ when they were sent away from their mother.
2. What word means to listen secretly to a private conversation?
3. After Tewolde's death, Mawi was looking through his room and found a picture of a boy that his brother had ______________.
4. Used to wealth and prestige back in his homeland, Haileab found himself metamorphosed into what in America, according to the author in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
5. Why did Haileab's family have to relocate in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)