|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Haileab decided to help the neighbors by cleaning up their leaves and getting garbage out of __________________.
(a) A storm drain.
(b) A ditch.
(c) The creek.
(d) The lake.
2. Which of the following sports was Mawi involved in during high school?
3. After Tewolde's death, Mawi was looking through his room and found a picture of a boy from _______________.
(d) South America.
4. Mawi didn't have enough money for ___________, in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(a) A new car.
(b) Food and clothing.
(c) College application fees.
(d) A ticket to Africa.
5. What quickly became the favorite American holiday of Mawi and his siblings in "Days of Mischief"?
(a) Flag Day.
(b) The Fourth of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mawi become during his senior year?
2. Haileab was unable to pass the test to get _______________.
3. Haileab earned further education and became what as opposed to a full-fledged doctor?
4. What is the official name for the largest Christian church in Egypt and the Middle East?
5. Mawi's father was so helpful that the rebels wanted him to do what for them, as described in "Coffee Tales"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mawi and his brother learn about their father's departure in "Coffee Tales"?
2. What did Mawi find in Tewolde's room after his death in "Libee Migbar"? What did this make him realize?
3. What led Mawi's mother to eventually leave for Sudan with her children, as revealed in "Coffee Tales"?
4. How did Tewolde acquire a weight bench in "Libee Migbar"? Whom did he ask to help transport it?
5. Where did Tewolde and Mawi take the weight bench in "Libee Migbar"? What discovery did Mawi make of his brother?
6. What plan did Mawi and Tewolde develop on Halloween in "Days of Mischief"?
7. How did Mawi's father come to work essentially as a doctor, as described in "The Making of a Man"?
8. What did Tewolde hope to accomplish with his business in "Libee Migbar"? What happened instead?
9. Why was Mawi's family evicted? What happened when they moved in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
10. How did Mawi and his brother almost get arrested in "Days of Mischief"? What words of their father did they recall?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)