|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mawi's father work while they were refugees awaiting immigration to America?
(a) The Presbyterian Ministry.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The Swedish Ministry clinic.
(d) The Red Cross.
2. What year was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
3. Who died soon after Haileab's birth, as described in "The Making of a Man"?
(a) Haileab's sister.
(b) Haileab's father.
(c) Haileab's brother.
(d) Haileab's mother.
4. Mawi was a high honor roll student until he hit what level of school in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(a) Middle school.
(b) Elementary school.
(c) High school.
5. What did Tewolde help the man whom he had taken the weight bench from find?
(a) Housing and a job.
(b) His parents.
(c) His wife and children.
(d) A bank to rob.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Tewolde ask to help him transport a weight bench?
2. The man that Tewolde took the weight bench to in "Libee Migbar" was the same man from where?
3. Tewolde had a knack for what, according to the author in "Libee Migbar"?
4. Mawi and his brother remembered a story their father had told them about a boy who died for ___________________.
5. Haileab earned further education and became what as opposed to a full-fledged doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What faux pas did Haileab commit at the family's new residence in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
2. What led to Mawi's father leaving alone for Sudan, as related in "The Making of a Man"?
3. What plan did Mawi and Tewolde develop on Halloween in "Days of Mischief"?
4. What did Tewolde hope to accomplish with his business in "Libee Migbar"? What happened instead?
5. Where does Mawi describe his father reciting poetry in "The Unmaking of a Man"? What did he think of the poetry?
6. Where did Haileab find control in his life, according to the author in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
7. Why was Mawi's family evicted? What happened when they moved in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
8. What did Mawi and his brother learn about their father's departure in "Coffee Tales"?
9. How did Mawi and his brother almost get arrested in "Days of Mischief"? What words of their father did they recall?
10. What led to Tewolde developing his own business in "Libee Migbar"?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)