|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Tewolde ask to help him transport a weight bench?
2. Where did Mawi's father work while they were refugees awaiting immigration to America?
(a) The Presbyterian Ministry.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The Swedish Ministry clinic.
(d) The United Nations.
3. Mawi was a high honor roll student until he hit what level of school in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(a) High school.
(b) Elementary school.
(d) Middle school.
4. What refers to an elaborate and complex social system that combines elements of endogamy, occupation, culture, social class, tribal affiliation, and political power?
5. After Tewolde's death, Mawi was looking through his room and found a picture of a boy that his brother had ______________.
(a) Sent candy to.
(b) Gotten a wife for.
(d) Sent to China.
6. What refers to an athletic conference comprising eight private institutions of higher education in the Northeastern United States?
(a) The PAC 10.
(b) The big 10.
(c) The upper league.
(d) The Ivy League.
7. Haileab decided to help the neighbors by cleaning up their leaves and getting garbage out of __________________.
(a) A ditch.
(b) The lake.
(c) A storm drain.
(d) The creek.
8. What profession did Haileab have in Africa?
(b) Food vendor.
9. What is identified in the Bible as the place of refuge that the Holy Family sought in its flight from Judea?
10. What would Haileab read at the events where hundreds of refugees would gather together in reception hall?
(b) The newspaper.
(c) Soccer scores.
(d) The Bible.
11. What disease did Haileab develop in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
12. Where did Haileab work as a janitor in America in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
(a) A sports stadium.
(b) The college.
(c) An office building.
(d) A dentist's office.
13. At what nearby college did Mawi use the sports facilities to exercise growing up?
(c) College of DuPage.
(d) Wheaton College.
14. What is the official name for the largest Christian church in Egypt and the Middle East?
(a) The Roman Orthodox Church.
(b) The Roman Catholic Church.
(c) The Orthodox Church of the Nazarene.
(d) The Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria.
15. In "Eyeing the Mountaintop," Mawi realized that his family was unique and that not everybody looked for _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Days of Mischief," what did the villagers of Sudan build for the annual celebration?
2. What did Haileab regularly have his children get up and do in the mornings?
3. What month was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
4. What is the name of the individual who believed in Mawi and appreciated his dedication to track?
5. Mawi didn't have enough money for ___________, in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)