|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Haileab earned further education and became what as opposed to a full-fledged doctor?
(a) A phlebotomy technician.
(b) An X-Ray technician.
(c) An MRI technician.
(d) An advanced dresser.
2. What did Haileab regularly have his children get up and do in the mornings?
(a) Play Scrabble.
(c) Wash the car.
3. What does "Libee Migbar" mean in English?
(a) "Eagle vision."
(b) "Developing heart."
(c) "Full stomach."
(d) "Howls like wolf."
4. Where did Haileab work as a janitor in America in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
(a) An office building.
(b) A dentist's office.
(c) The college.
(d) A sports stadium.
5. Mawi was a high honor roll student until he hit what level of school in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(a) High school.
(c) Middle school.
(d) Elementary school.
6. Tewolde wanted to clean windows at what building?
(a) The church.
(b) The candy store.
(c) The library.
(d) The hospital.
7. Which of the following sports was Mawi involved in during high school?
8. What did Mawi become during his senior year?
(b) A football star.
(c) A chess champion.
(d) President of Student Government.
9. Mawi and his brother almost died from __________________ when they were sent away from their mother.
(a) A lion.
(b) A sandstorm.
(c) A flash flood.
(d) A snake.
10. Who offered Mawi a full-tuition scholarship?
(a) The University of Michigan.
(b) Oxford University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Wayne State University.
11. What word means to listen secretly to a private conversation?
12. Mawi describes admiring and wanting to be like whom in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
13. After Tewolde's death, Mawi was looking through his room and found a picture of a boy that his brother had ______________.
(a) Gotten a wife for.
(b) Sent to China.
(c) Sent candy to.
14. What library did Mawi and his brother often go to in "Libee Migbar"?
(a) The Boston Public Library.
(b) The Harvard Library.
(c) The Philadelphia Public Library.
(d) The Wheaton Public Library.
15. In what country was Mawi born?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was Mawi separated from his father while in Africa during his childhood?
2. Mawi and his brother remembered a story their father had told them about a boy who died for ___________________.
3. Haileab surmised that if he went by himself to Sudan, the rebels would think he was just going to __________________.
4. What is the name of the individual who believed in Mawi and appreciated his dedication to track?
5. What does the author say his high school teachers did in order to help him achieve success?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)