|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mawi's father was so helpful that the rebels wanted him to do what for them, as described in "Coffee Tales"?
(a) Be a soldier.
(b) Be a spy.
(c) Be a healer.
(d) Be a captain.
2. Haileab was unable to pass the test to get _______________.
(a) A drivers license.
(b) A pilots license.
(c) A job.
(d) A hunting license.
3. What month was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
4. What would Mawi's father do whenever the armies approached?
(a) Go into hiding.
(b) Tell them to go away.
(c) Throw water at them.
(d) Insult them.
5. What library did Mawi and his brother often go to in "Libee Migbar"?
(a) The Harvard Library.
(b) The Wheaton Public Library.
(c) The Philadelphia Public Library.
(d) The Boston Public Library.
6. What year was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
7. What did the track coach purchase for Mawi during the four years he was on the track team?
(a) Running shoes.
8. Haileab earned further education and became what as opposed to a full-fledged doctor?
(a) A phlebotomy technician.
(b) An X-Ray technician.
(c) An MRI technician.
(d) An advanced dresser.
9. What did Mawi ask the universities he applied to to waive in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(a) Test scores.
(b) U.S. residency requirements.
(c) Application fees.
10. What did Haileab do with the debris after cleaning up his new neighborhood?
(a) Dumped it in the river.
(b) Put it in the trash.
(c) Burned it.
(d) Took it to the landfill.
11. What quickly became the favorite American holiday of Mawi and his siblings in "Days of Mischief"?
(c) The Fourth of July.
(d) Flag Day.
12. Mawi didn't have enough money for ___________, in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(a) College application fees.
(b) A new car.
(c) Food and clothing.
(d) A ticket to Africa.
13. When Haileab left his family, he did so because he knew that if they traveled with him, they would be ____________.
(b) Considered heroes.
14. Which of the following sports was Mawi involved in during high school?
15. After Tewolde's death, Mawi was looking through his room and found a picture of a boy from _______________.
(d) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date was Mawi Asgedom born?
2. Where did Mawi's father work while they were refugees awaiting immigration to America?
3. What is identified in the Bible as the place of refuge that the Holy Family sought in its flight from Judea?
4. What word means to listen secretly to a private conversation?
5. A teacher helped Tewolde start his own business by teaching him how to ________________.
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)