Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mawi's mother send her sons for safekeeping when the armies came close to their home in "Coffee Tales"?
(a) Her cousin's home.
(b) Her brother's home.
(c) Her father's home.
(d) Her sister's home.
2. A teacher helped Tewolde start his own business by teaching him how to ________________.
(a) Use logic.
(b) Focus on one thing.
(c) His taxes.
(d) Market himself.
3. What month was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
4. Where did Mawi's father work while they were refugees awaiting immigration to America?
(a) The Presbyterian Ministry.
(b) The Swedish Ministry clinic.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The Red Cross.
5. Mawi understood that he wanted to take responsibility for his family, and his way to do that was through what means?
(a) Athletic success.
(b) Getting a job.
(c) Marrying into wealth.
(d) Academic success.
6. Mawi and his brother almost died from __________________ when they were sent away from their mother.
(a) A snake.
(b) A sandstorm.
(c) A flash flood.
(d) A lion.
7. What word means to listen secretly to a private conversation?
8. After Tewolde's death, Mawi was looking through his room and found a picture of a boy that his brother had ______________.
(b) Gotten a wife for.
(c) Sent candy to.
(d) Sent to China.
9. Used to wealth and prestige back in his homeland, Haileab found himself metamorphosed into what in America, according to the author in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
(a) A rat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A beetle.
(d) A slug.
10. Why did Haileab's family have to relocate in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
(a) Their house burned down.
(b) They couldn't afford increased rent.
(c) Their house was demolished in a tornado.
(d) Mawi got a job in Seattle.
11. Mawi's father was so helpful that the rebels wanted him to do what for them, as described in "Coffee Tales"?
(a) Be a soldier.
(b) Be a healer.
(c) Be a spy.
(d) Be a captain.
12. What library did Mawi and his brother often go to in "Libee Migbar"?
(a) The Boston Public Library.
(b) The Harvard Library.
(c) The Philadelphia Public Library.
(d) The Wheaton Public Library.
13. What did Haileab do with the debris after cleaning up his new neighborhood?
(a) Put it in the trash.
(b) Dumped it in the river.
(c) Burned it.
(d) Took it to the landfill.
14. Who died soon after Haileab's birth, as described in "The Making of a Man"?
(a) Haileab's brother.
(b) Haileab's sister.
(c) Haileab's father.
(d) Haileab's mother.
15. On what date was Mawi Asgedom born?
(a) September 29, 1976.
(b) May 14, 1977.
(c) June 26, 1980.
(d) October 3, 1982.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man that Tewolde took the weight bench to in "Libee Migbar" was the same man from where?
2. Tewolde had a knack for what, according to the author in "Libee Migbar"?
3. Which of the following sports was Mawi involved in during high school?
4. What does the author say his high school teachers did in order to help him achieve success?
5. What quickly became the favorite American holiday of Mawi and his siblings in "Days of Mischief"?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)