|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say his high school teachers did in order to help him achieve success?
(a) Wrote letters to his parents.
(b) Tutored him after school.
(c) Gave him money.
(d) Bumped his grades up.
2. How far did Mawi run to get to athletic practices at the school?
(a) 26 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
3. How long was it after the library incident that a friend was giving away a weight bench in "Libee Migbar"?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Ten days.
(d) A year.
4. What quickly became the favorite American holiday of Mawi and his siblings in "Days of Mischief"?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(b) Flag Day.
5. In what country was Mawi born?
6. Haileab decided to help the neighbors by cleaning up their leaves and getting garbage out of __________________.
(a) A storm drain.
(b) The lake.
(c) A ditch.
(d) The creek.
7. What profession did Haileab have in Africa?
(b) Food vendor.
8. How was Tewolde killed in his senior year of high school?
(a) He had a brain aneurysm.
(b) He was shot while jogging.
(c) He fell down a flight of stairs.
(d) He was hit by a drunk driver.
9. What did the track coach purchase for Mawi during the four years he was on the track team?
(a) Running shoes.
10. What location did Mawi's father leave once the armies began coming too often?
11. For how long was Mawi separated from his father while in Africa during his childhood?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 2 days.
12. Mawi didn't have enough money for ___________, in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(a) A new car.
(b) A ticket to Africa.
(c) College application fees.
(d) Food and clothing.
13. Tewolde wanted to clean windows at what building?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The candy store.
(c) The church.
(d) The library.
14. What was one of several topics to avoid talking about with their parents, according to the author in "Coffee Tales"?
15. In what year was Haileab born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Tewolde when he started his own business?
2. Who died soon after Haileab's birth, as described in "The Making of a Man"?
3. Whom did Tewolde ask to help him transport a weight bench?
4. After Tewolde's death, Mawi was looking through his room and found a picture of a boy from _______________.
5. What is identified in the Bible as the place of refuge that the Holy Family sought in its flight from Judea?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)