|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Haileab regularly have his children get up and do in the mornings?
(b) Play Scrabble.
(c) Wash the car.
2. What is identified in the Bible as the place of refuge that the Holy Family sought in its flight from Judea?
3. How old was Tewolde when the author describes him undergoing a personal transformation in "Libee Migbar"?
4. How was Tewolde killed in his senior year of high school?
(a) He had a brain aneurysm.
(b) He was hit by a drunk driver.
(c) He was shot while jogging.
(d) He fell down a flight of stairs.
5. Who found Mawi and his brother after they knocked down a parking meter?
(a) Their father.
(b) The school principle.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A nun.
6. In what year was Haileab born?
7. What forced Haileab into unemployment in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
(b) He got fired.
(c) A knee injury.
(d) Vision loss.
8. Mawi and his brother almost died from __________________ when they were sent away from their mother.
(a) A snake.
(b) A lion.
(c) A sandstorm.
(d) A flash flood.
9. What would Haileab read at the events where hundreds of refugees would gather together in reception hall?
(b) The Bible.
(c) Soccer scores.
(d) The newspaper.
10. Where did Mawi's father work while they were refugees awaiting immigration to America?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The Presbyterian Ministry.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The Swedish Ministry clinic.
11. For how long was Mawi separated from his father while in Africa during his childhood?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 years.
12. Which of the following sports was Mawi involved in during high school?
13. What profession did Haileab have in Africa?
(c) Food vendor.
14. Where did Mawi and his brother take a parking meter after knocking it down?
(a) To a swamp.
(b) To a bridge.
(c) To a church.
(d) To a cave.
15. What did Mawi become during his senior year?
(b) President of Student Government.
(c) A football star.
(d) A chess champion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mawi ask the universities he applied to to waive in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
2. Who suggested that Mawi apply to an Ivy League college?
3. Mawi was a high honor roll student until he hit what level of school in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
4. What did the track coach purchase for Mawi during the four years he was on the track team?
5. What did Haileab do with the debris after cleaning up his new neighborhood?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)