|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was it after the library incident that a friend was giving away a weight bench in "Libee Migbar"?
(a) Seven months.
(b) A year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Ten days.
2. What does "Libee Migbar" mean in English?
(a) "Eagle vision."
(b) "Full stomach."
(c) "Howls like wolf."
(d) "Developing heart."
3. For how long was Mawi separated from his father while in Africa during his childhood?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 years.
4. What library did Mawi and his brother often go to in "Libee Migbar"?
(a) The Harvard Library.
(b) The Wheaton Public Library.
(c) The Boston Public Library.
(d) The Philadelphia Public Library.
5. What refers to an athletic conference comprising eight private institutions of higher education in the Northeastern United States?
(a) The PAC 10.
(b) The upper league.
(c) The big 10.
(d) The Ivy League.
6. What disease did Haileab develop in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
(d) Multiple sclerosis.
7. What would Haileab read at the events where hundreds of refugees would gather together in reception hall?
(a) Soccer scores.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The newspaper.
8. What job did Mawi and Tewolde do first in order to make money in "Libee Migbar"?
(a) Drove cabs.
(c) Restructured damaged driveways.
(d) Sorted recycling.
9. In "Eyeing the Mountaintop," Mawi realized that his family was unique and that not everybody looked for _______________.
10. What was one of several topics to avoid talking about with their parents, according to the author in "Coffee Tales"?
11. A teacher helped Tewolde start his own business by teaching him how to ________________.
(a) Focus on one thing.
(b) Market himself.
(c) His taxes.
(d) Use logic.
12. In what year was Haileab born?
13. After Tewolde's death, Mawi was looking through his room and found a picture of a boy that his brother had ______________.
(b) Sent to China.
(c) Sent candy to.
(d) Gotten a wife for.
14. Mawi didn't have enough money for ___________, in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(a) College application fees.
(b) A ticket to Africa.
(c) A new car.
(d) Food and clothing.
15. Where was Haileab raised?
(a) A monastery.
(b) A mosque.
(c) A factory.
(d) A castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word means to listen secretly to a private conversation?
2. Where did Mawi and Tewolde take their second job?
3. At what nearby college did Mawi use the sports facilities to exercise growing up?
4. Tewolde had a knack for what, according to the author in "Libee Migbar"?
5. Mawi's brother was killed during what holiday break?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)