|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Haileab raised?
(a) A factory.
(b) A mosque.
(c) A castle.
(d) A monastery.
2. At what nearby college did Mawi use the sports facilities to exercise growing up?
(b) College of DuPage.
(d) Wheaton College.
3. Which of the following sports was Mawi involved in during high school?
4. For how long was Mawi separated from his father while in Africa during his childhood?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. What would Mawi's father do whenever the armies approached?
(a) Insult them.
(b) Tell them to go away.
(c) Go into hiding.
(d) Throw water at them.
6. What did Haileab regularly have his children get up and do in the mornings?
(a) Wash the car.
(b) Play Scrabble.
7. Mawi and his brother almost died from __________________ when they were sent away from their mother.
(a) A lion.
(b) A sandstorm.
(c) A flash flood.
(d) A snake.
8. What year was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
9. What did Mawi become during his senior year?
(b) A football star.
(c) A chess champion.
(d) President of Student Government.
10. How far did Mawi run to get to athletic practices at the school?
(a) 26 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
11. Mawi and his brother remembered a story their father had told them about a boy who died for ___________________.
(c) Not praying.
(d) Jay walking.
12. In "Eyeing the Mountaintop," Mawi realized that his family was unique and that not everybody looked for _______________.
13. What is identified in the Bible as the place of refuge that the Holy Family sought in its flight from Judea?
14. What refers to an athletic conference comprising eight private institutions of higher education in the Northeastern United States?
(a) The Ivy League.
(b) The big 10.
(c) The PAC 10.
(d) The upper league.
15. Mawi understood that he wanted to take responsibility for his family, and his way to do that was through what means?
(a) Academic success.
(b) Athletic success.
(c) Marrying into wealth.
(d) Getting a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Haileab read at the events where hundreds of refugees would gather together in reception hall?
2. What did Haileab do with the debris after cleaning up his new neighborhood?
3. What forced Haileab into unemployment in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
4. Mawi's brother was killed during what holiday break?
5. What library did Mawi and his brother often go to in "Libee Migbar"?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)