|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what nearby college did Mawi use the sports facilities to exercise growing up?
(b) Wheaton College.
(c) College of DuPage.
2. On what date was Mawi Asgedom born?
(a) October 3, 1982.
(b) September 29, 1976.
(c) May 14, 1977.
(d) June 26, 1980.
3. What year was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
4. What does the author say his high school teachers did in order to help him achieve success?
(a) Wrote letters to his parents.
(b) Bumped his grades up.
(c) Tutored him after school.
(d) Gave him money.
5. Which of the following sports was Mawi involved in during high school?
6. Who suggested that Mawi apply to an Ivy League college?
(a) His mother.
(b) His best friend.
(c) The school janitor.
(d) His school counselor.
7. In "Eyeing the Mountaintop," Mawi realized that his family was unique and that not everybody looked for _______________.
8. Where did Mawi and his brother take a parking meter after knocking it down?
(a) To a bridge.
(b) To a cave.
(c) To a swamp.
(d) To a church.
9. Where did Mawi's father work while they were refugees awaiting immigration to America?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The Swedish Ministry clinic.
(d) The Presbyterian Ministry.
10. What did Haileab do with the debris after cleaning up his new neighborhood?
(a) Dumped it in the river.
(b) Burned it.
(c) Put it in the trash.
(d) Took it to the landfill.
11. What job did Mawi and Tewolde do first in order to make money in "Libee Migbar"?
(a) Drove cabs.
(c) Restructured damaged driveways.
(d) Sorted recycling.
12. Mawi understood that he wanted to take responsibility for his family, and his way to do that was through what means?
(a) Academic success.
(b) Marrying into wealth.
(c) Athletic success.
(d) Getting a job.
13. What did Tewolde help the man whom he had taken the weight bench from find?
(a) His parents.
(b) His wife and children.
(c) Housing and a job.
(d) A bank to rob.
14. How old was Tewolde when the author describes him undergoing a personal transformation in "Libee Migbar"?
15. In what year was Haileab born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What profession did Haileab have in Africa?
2. How far did Mawi run to get to athletic practices at the school?
3. Haileab was unable to pass the test to get _______________.
4. Mawi describes admiring and wanting to be like whom in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
5. What month was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)