|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to an athletic conference comprising eight private institutions of higher education in the Northeastern United States?
(a) The big 10.
(b) The PAC 10.
(c) The upper league.
(d) The Ivy League.
2. Who offered Mawi a full-tuition scholarship?
(a) Oxford University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Wayne State University.
(d) The University of Michigan.
3. In "Days of Mischief," what did the villagers of Sudan build for the annual celebration?
(a) A temple.
(b) A great pyramid.
(c) A huge bonfire.
(d) A sacrificial altar.
4. On what date was Mawi Asgedom born?
(a) June 26, 1980.
(b) May 14, 1977.
(c) October 3, 1982.
(d) September 29, 1976.
5. Used to wealth and prestige back in his homeland, Haileab found himself metamorphosed into what in America, according to the author in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
(a) A rat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A slug.
(d) A beetle.
6. Which of the following sports was Mawi involved in during high school?
7. For how long was Mawi separated from his father while in Africa during his childhood?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 months.
8. Haileab earned further education and became what as opposed to a full-fledged doctor?
(a) An MRI technician.
(b) A phlebotomy technician.
(c) An X-Ray technician.
(d) An advanced dresser.
9. Who died soon after Haileab's birth, as described in "The Making of a Man"?
(a) Haileab's father.
(b) Haileab's mother.
(c) Haileab's sister.
(d) Haileab's brother.
10. What did Haileab regularly have his children get up and do in the mornings?
(c) Wash the car.
(d) Play Scrabble.
11. What is identified in the Bible as the place of refuge that the Holy Family sought in its flight from Judea?
12. Why did Haileab's family have to relocate in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
(a) Their house was demolished in a tornado.
(b) They couldn't afford increased rent.
(c) Mawi got a job in Seattle.
(d) Their house burned down.
13. Where was Haileab raised?
(a) A castle.
(b) A monastery.
(c) A mosque.
(d) A factory.
14. Where did Mawi and Tewolde take their second job?
(a) A movie theatre.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A cleaning service.
(d) A dog groomer.
15. Haileab decided to help the neighbors by cleaning up their leaves and getting garbage out of __________________.
(a) The creek.
(b) The lake.
(c) A storm drain.
(d) A ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Tewolde killed in his senior year of high school?
2. Who suggested that Mawi apply to an Ivy League college?
3. Mawi didn't have enough money for ___________, in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
4. What did Mawi realize his father had been at the end of "The Unmaking of a Man"?
5. What profession did Haileab have in Africa?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)