|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Mawi and Tewolde do first in order to make money in "Libee Migbar"?
(a) Drove cabs.
(b) Sorted recycling.
(c) Restructured damaged driveways.
2. Which of the following sports was Mawi involved in during high school?
3. After Tewolde's death, Mawi was looking through his room and found a picture of a boy from _______________.
(d) South America.
4. Where did Mawi and Tewolde take their second job?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A dog groomer.
(c) A cleaning service.
(d) A movie theatre.
5. In what country was Mawi born?
6. Why did Haileab's family have to relocate in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
(a) Their house burned down.
(b) Mawi got a job in Seattle.
(c) Their house was demolished in a tornado.
(d) They couldn't afford increased rent.
7. Haileab decided to help the neighbors by cleaning up their leaves and getting garbage out of __________________.
(a) A ditch.
(b) A storm drain.
(c) The lake.
(d) The creek.
8. Mawi was a high honor roll student until he hit what level of school in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(a) Elementary school.
(b) High school.
(c) Middle school.
9. Where was Haileab raised?
(a) A castle.
(b) A factory.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A mosque.
10. Haileab surmised that if he went by himself to Sudan, the rebels would think he was just going to __________________.
(a) See his family.
(b) Donate money.
(c) Buy supplies.
(d) See the sights.
11. Whom did Tewolde ask to help him transport a weight bench?
12. How old was Tewolde when the author describes him undergoing a personal transformation in "Libee Migbar"?
13. Where did Mawi's mother send her sons for safekeeping when the armies came close to their home in "Coffee Tales"?
(a) Her sister's home.
(b) Her cousin's home.
(c) Her brother's home.
(d) Her father's home.
14. How far did Mawi run to get to athletic practices at the school?
(a) 26 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
15. Mawi and his brother remembered a story their father had told them about a boy who died for ___________________.
(b) Not praying.
(c) Jay walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Libee Migbar" mean in English?
2. Who suggested that Mawi apply to an Ivy League college?
3. What disease did Haileab develop in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
4. For how long was Mawi separated from his father while in Africa during his childhood?
5. What profession did Haileab have in Africa?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)