|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mawi become during his senior year?
(a) A football star.
(b) President of Student Government.
(c) A chess champion.
2. Haileab earned further education and became what as opposed to a full-fledged doctor?
(a) An X-Ray technician.
(b) An advanced dresser.
(c) An MRI technician.
(d) A phlebotomy technician.
3. Whom did Tewolde ask to help him transport a weight bench?
4. What was one of several topics to avoid talking about with their parents, according to the author in "Coffee Tales"?
5. What quickly became the favorite American holiday of Mawi and his siblings in "Days of Mischief"?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(c) Flag Day.
6. Mawi didn't have enough money for ___________, in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(a) Food and clothing.
(b) A new car.
(c) A ticket to Africa.
(d) College application fees.
7. Who died soon after Haileab's birth, as described in "The Making of a Man"?
(a) Haileab's sister.
(b) Haileab's father.
(c) Haileab's mother.
(d) Haileab's brother.
8. What year was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
9. How old was Tewolde when he started his own business?
10. In "Eyeing the Mountaintop," Mawi realized that his family was unique and that not everybody looked for _______________.
11. Where was Haileab raised?
(a) A factory.
(b) A monastery.
(c) A castle.
(d) A mosque.
12. What refers to an athletic conference comprising eight private institutions of higher education in the Northeastern United States?
(a) The PAC 10.
(b) The Ivy League.
(c) The upper league.
(d) The big 10.
13. Mawi's father was so helpful that the rebels wanted him to do what for them, as described in "Coffee Tales"?
(a) Be a captain.
(b) Be a spy.
(c) Be a soldier.
(d) Be a healer.
14. What did Tewolde help the man whom he had taken the weight bench from find?
(a) Housing and a job.
(b) His wife and children.
(c) A bank to rob.
(d) His parents.
15. Which of the following sports was Mawi involved in during high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Tewolde's death, Mawi was looking through his room and found a picture of a boy from _______________.
2. After Tewolde's death, Mawi was looking through his room and found a picture of a boy that his brother had ______________.
3. How far did Mawi run to get to athletic practices at the school?
4. Tewolde had a knack for what, according to the author in "Libee Migbar"?
5. Why did Haileab's family have to relocate in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)