|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Mawi's half-sister who joined his family in immigrating to America?
2. How old was Mawi when his mother took him and his siblings to become refugees in "Memories"?
3. What Christian organization helped Mawi's family in immigrating in "Coming to America"?
(a) Doctors Without Borders.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) Christian Life Organization.
(d) World Relief.
4. Mawi's father took in a homeless man and helped him. What did the man give him in return when he departed in "God's Angels"?
(a) A wallet.
(b) A pocket knife.
(c) An address book.
(d) A pocket watch.
5. What refers to extensive systems of codified practices and traditions of combat, practiced for a variety of reasons, including self-defense, competition, physical health and fitness, as well as mental and spiritual development?
(a) Mud wrestling.
(b) Martial arts.
(c) Kick boxing.
(d) Street fighting.
6. Mawi's family was first cleared to go to the United States in what year?
7. When a bully came after Mawi and pressed them into a fence, who came to his aid?
8. According to Mawi's father, angels often appeared in what form?
9. What is the name of Mawi's little brother who was born in "A New Life"?
10. Through television, Mawi's family discovered that Americans were very concerned with cleanliness and ___________.
11. For the first two weeks that Mawai's family lived in the United States, they shared a two bedroom hotel room in what city?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
12. Mawi recalls how his father was known for his skills at what in "The Camp"?
13. How old was Mawi's older brother when his family departed across the desert as refugees in "Memories"?
14. Where was Mawi's little brother conceived?
15. In addition to disease and violence, Mawi's family also had to worry about _________ in "The Camp."
(a) Sudanese rebel groups.
(b) The Inited Nations.
(c) Large predatory animals.
(d) The Egytian military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mawi's parents stressed the importance of education, knowing that ____________ would be the only way they could afford college in "Playground Warfare."
2. What would bullies draw over Mehret's locker in "Playground Warfare"?
3. What job did Mawi's father take upon moving to the United States?
4. The transition to America was particularly difficult for Mawi's mother who thought that, by culture, she was not supposed to do what?
5. What country borders Eritrea to the west?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)