|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Father Haileab - Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was The Code: The Five Secrets of Teen Success published?
2. What did Haileab regularly have his children get up and do in the mornings?
(b) Wash the car.
(d) Play Scrabble.
3. What quickly became the favorite American holiday of Mawi and his siblings in "Days of Mischief"?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(c) Flag Day.
4. What does the author remember playing soccer with in his homeland in "Memories"?
(a) Balls of twine.
(d) Knots of old clothes.
5. What does "Izgihare Yihabkoom" mean in English?
(a) "May God give to you."
(b) "The blessed one."
(c) "Eternal rainbow."
(d) "Gift of light."
Short Answer Questions
1. The bully who stole Mawi's bird in "The Camp" later had to join what, where he became one of the "list of senseless casualties"?
2. What does "Libee Migbar" mean in English?
3. What month was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
4. On what date was Mawi Asgedom's first son born?
5. What was the name of the bully who decided to go after Mawi's brother?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)