|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Making of a Man - Eyeing the Mountaintop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Haileab work as a janitor in America in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
(a) A dentist's office.
(b) The college.
(c) An office building.
(d) A sports stadium.
2. What was one of several topics to avoid talking about with their parents, according to the author in "Coffee Tales"?
3. What word means to listen secretly to a private conversation?
4. Mawi was a high honor roll student until he hit what level of school in "Eyeing the Mountaintop"?
(a) Elementary school.
(b) High school.
(d) Middle school.
5. In what year was Haileab born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to extensive systems of codified practices and traditions of combat, practiced for a variety of reasons, including self-defense, competition, physical health and fitness, as well as mental and spiritual development?
2. What disease had Mawi's father contracted in "A New Life"?
3. What upper middle class community did Mawi's family move to upon finding a sponsor in "A New Life"?
4. In "Days of Mischief," what did the villagers of Sudan build for the annual celebration?
5. With what song would bullies serenade Mehret?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)