|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Making of a Man - Eyeing the Mountaintop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Mawi's father take upon moving to the United States?
2. In their leisure time, Mawi and his brother would go hunting with what?
3. In "The Camp," Mawi was attacked by a bully and his brother came to his rescue, but even before his brother could reach him, what happened?
(a) A dog attacked the bully.
(b) A teacher grabbed him.
(c) Another bully attacked him.
(d) His parents found him.
4. Who died soon after Haileab's birth, as described in "The Making of a Man"?
(a) Haileab's brother.
(b) Haileab's mother.
(c) Haileab's sister.
(d) Haileab's father.
5. Mawi's little brother was given a name which meant ___________ in English.
(a) "Constant focus."
(b) "Gift from God."
(c) "Little lion."
(d) "Thank you."
Short Answer Questions
1. Eritrea and Ethiopia had fought a civil war until what year?
2. Mawi and his brother almost died from __________________ when they were sent away from their mother.
3. Along with their small gardens and healthcare from the Swedish Ministry, on what did Mawi's family survive in "The Camp"?
4. What disease had Mawi's father contracted in "A New Life"?
5. What refers to extensive systems of codified practices and traditions of combat, practiced for a variety of reasons, including self-defense, competition, physical health and fitness, as well as mental and spiritual development?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)