|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A New Life - Playground Warfare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eritrea became an independent nation in what year?
2. What was the name of the woman who helped Mawi's family find a sponsor in the area in "A New Life"?
3. In addition to disease and violence, Mawi's family also had to worry about _________ in "The Camp."
(a) Sudanese rebel groups.
(b) Large predatory animals.
(c) The Inited Nations.
(d) The Egytian military.
4. In their leisure time, Mawi and his brother would go hunting with what?
5. According to Mawi's father, angels often appeared in what form?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what song would bullies serenade Mehret?
2. What country borders Eritrea to the south?
3. What refers to extensive systems of codified practices and traditions of combat, practiced for a variety of reasons, including self-defense, competition, physical health and fitness, as well as mental and spiritual development?
4. How old was Mawi when his mother took him and his siblings to become refugees in "Memories"?
5. What does the author describe his father having a fear of and the destructive power behind them in "A New Life"?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)