|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A New Life - Playground Warfare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mawi's little brother was given a name which meant ___________ in English.
(a) "Constant focus."
(b) "Gift from God."
(c) "Little lion."
(d) "Thank you."
2. What was the name of Mawi's younger sister?
3. What was Mawi's father's homeland?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
4. The author describes a visit from two people from their country who brought the family ______________.
(a) Extended visas.
(b) Native clothing.
(c) Native food.
5. What refers to extensive systems of codified practices and traditions of combat, practiced for a variety of reasons, including self-defense, competition, physical health and fitness, as well as mental and spiritual development?
(a) Martial arts.
(b) Street fighting.
(c) Kick boxing.
(d) Mud wrestling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country borders Eritrea to the south?
2. Before a family could immigrate to the United States, they needed to do what in "Coming to America"?
3. How many stories was the house that Mawi's family moved into in "A New Life"?
4. What Christian organization helped Mawi's family in immigrating in "Coming to America"?
5. Mawi's father took in a homeless man and helped him. What did the man give him in return when he departed in "God's Angels"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)