|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A New Life - Playground Warfare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
2. Where was Mawi's little brother conceived?
3. What name refers to a peninsula in East Africa that juts hundreds of kilometers into the Arabian Sea and lies along the southern side of the Gulf of Aden?
(a) The Hand of Africa.
(b) The Foot of Africa.
(c) The Tongue of Africa.
(d) The Horn of Africa.
4. What was the name of the woman who helped Mawi's family find a sponsor in the area in "A New Life"?
5. When a bully came after Mawi and pressed them into a fence, who came to his aid?
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to disease and violence, Mawi's family also had to worry about _________ in "The Camp."
2. With what song would bullies serenade Mehret?
3. Along with their small gardens and healthcare from the Swedish Ministry, on what did Mawi's family survive in "The Camp"?
4. What is the capital of Eritrea?
5. When Mawi's brother was about to be attacked by a bully with a switchblade in "Playground Warfare," a van appeared carrying how many large black men?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)