|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A New Life - Playground Warfare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Mawi's younger sister?
2. The author describes a visit from two people from their country who brought the family ______________.
(a) Extended visas.
(b) Native food.
(c) Native clothing.
3. What was the name of the author's older brother?
4. Where was Mawi's little brother conceived?
5. What country borders Eritrea to the southeast?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mawi's little brother was given a name which meant ___________ in English.
2. Where did Mawi's family have a house before they left to become refugees in "Memories"?
3. What is a literary device in which an author indistinctly suggests certain plot developments that might come later in the story?
4. What job did Mawi's father take upon moving to the United States?
5. What did Mawi's family miss the most about their homeland in "A New Life"?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)