|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Author's Note - Coming to America.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country borders Eritrea to the southeast?
2. What does the author remember playing soccer with in his homeland in "Memories"?
(a) Knots of old clothes.
(d) Balls of twine.
3. What Christian organization helped Mawi's family in immigrating in "Coming to America"?
(a) Doctors Without Borders.
(b) World Relief.
(c) Christian Life Organization.
(d) The Red Cross.
4. Along with their small gardens and healthcare from the Swedish Ministry, on what did Mawi's family survive in "The Camp"?
(a) Migratory birds.
(c) United Nations rations.
(d) Trapped rats.
5. What is the capital of Eritrea?
(d) Adi Wahla.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mawi recalls how his father was known for his skills at what in "The Camp"?
2. In their leisure time, Mawi and his brother would go hunting with what?
3. How old was Mawi when his mother took him and his siblings to become refugees in "Memories"?
4. Before a family could immigrate to the United States, they needed to do what in "Coming to America"?
5. In addition to disease and violence, Mawi's family also had to worry about _________ in "The Camp."
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)