|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A New Life - Playground Warfare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the stranger bribe Mawi's older brother with in order to convince him to leave his homeland in "Memories"?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) A piece of gum.
(c) A twenty dollar bill.
(d) A new shirt.
2. When a bully came after Mawi and pressed them into a fence, who came to his aid?
3. What does the author remember playing soccer with in his homeland in "Memories"?
(b) Knots of old clothes.
(c) Balls of twine.
4. How old was Mawi when his mother took him and his siblings to become refugees in "Memories"?
5. What was the name of the woman who would take the children to the college to play soccer and play on the playground in "God's Angels"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name refers to a peninsula in East Africa that juts hundreds of kilometers into the Arabian Sea and lies along the southern side of the Gulf of Aden?
2. Eritrea became an independent nation in what year?
3. What refers to extensive systems of codified practices and traditions of combat, practiced for a variety of reasons, including self-defense, competition, physical health and fitness, as well as mental and spiritual development?
4. What country borders Eritrea to the southeast?
5. According to Mawi's father, angels often appeared in what form?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)