|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A New Life - Playground Warfare.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mawi's family have a house before they left to become refugees in "Memories"?
(a) Gonder, Ethiopia.
(b) Adi Wahla, Ethiopia.
(c) Lagos, Nigeria.
(d) Kano, Nigeria.
2. According to Mawi's father, angels often appeared in what form?
3. What would bullies draw over Mehret's locker in "Playground Warfare"?
4. What did the stranger bribe Mawi's older brother with in order to convince him to leave his homeland in "Memories"?
(a) A new shirt.
(b) A twenty dollar bill.
(c) A piece of gum.
(d) A bottle of whiskey.
5. What is the name of Mawi's little brother who was born in "A New Life"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eritrea became an independent nation in what year?
2. When a bully came after Mawi and pressed them into a fence, who came to his aid?
3. In the Author's Note, he states that his true name was what?
4. What was Mawi's father's homeland?
5. Mawi's family was first cleared to go to the United States in what year?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)