|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Days of Mischief - Coffee Tales.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Author's Note, he states that since he came to the United States, he became known by what name?
(a) Lama Asgedom.
(b) Mawi Asgedom.
(c) Haileab Asgedom.
(d) Sela Asgedom.
2. Eritrea has an extensive coastline along what body of water?
(a) The Pacific Ocean.
(b) The Indian Ocean.
(c) The Red Sea.
(d) The Dead Sea.
3. Along with their small gardens and healthcare from the Swedish Ministry, on what did Mawi's family survive in "The Camp"?
(a) Trapped rats.
(b) Migratory birds.
(c) United Nations rations.
4. Where did Mawi's mother send her sons for safekeeping when the armies came close to their home in "Coffee Tales"?
(a) Her brother's home.
(b) Her sister's home.
(c) Her father's home.
(d) Her cousin's home.
5. Eritrea became an independent nation in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mawi's father took in a homeless man and helped him. What did the man give him in return when he departed in "God's Angels"?
2. What would bullies draw over Mehret's locker in "Playground Warfare"?
3. Mawi's father was so helpful that the rebels wanted him to do what for them, as described in "Coffee Tales"?
4. Mawi's family was first cleared to go to the United States in what year?
5. What place did Mawi's father tell his family was the land of paradise in "The Camp"?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)