|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Making of a Man - Eyeing the Mountaintop.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mawi's father work while they were refugees awaiting immigration to America?
(a) The Swedish Ministry clinic.
(b) The Presbyterian Ministry.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The United Nations.
2. What year was it when the author described giving a stranger his lunch at the library?
3. At what nearby college did Mawi use the sports facilities to exercise growing up?
(c) Wheaton College.
(d) College of DuPage.
4. What did the track coach purchase for Mawi during the four years he was on the track team?
(a) Running shoes.
5. How was Tewolde killed in his senior year of high school?
(a) He was shot while jogging.
(b) He fell down a flight of stairs.
(c) He was hit by a drunk driver.
(d) He had a brain aneurysm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Haileab earned further education and became what as opposed to a full-fledged doctor?
2. Mawi understood that he wanted to take responsibility for his family, and his way to do that was through what means?
3. Who found Mawi and his brother after they knocked down a parking meter?
4. Used to wealth and prestige back in his homeland, Haileab found himself metamorphosed into what in America, according to the author in "The Unmaking of a Man"?
5. What is the official name for the largest Christian church in Egypt and the Middle East?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)