|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jocasta fled into the palace after realizing the truth, what room did she run to?
(a) the kitchen
(b) her bedroom
(c) the tower room
(d) the dining hall
2. Who does the chorus think can help end the conflict between Creon and Oedipus?
(d) the oracle
3. What does Oedipus wish for the man who unshackled his ankles when Oedipus was an infant?
(a) never to know the truth
(b) a fate worse than Oedipus's
(d) happiness in the knowledge of Oedipus's misery
4. Who asks the old shepherd whether he gave an infant baby to the messenger years ago?
(a) the chorus leader
(b) the messenger
5. What does Oedipus say the chorus' position will result in?
(a) destruction of Thebes
(b) Oedipus' exile or death
(c) Creon becoming a tyrannt
(d) war with Corinth
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oedipus' attitude when he emerges from the castle?
2. Who does the messenger say gave Oedipus to Polybus?
3. Why does Jocasta come to pray to Apollo?
4. Does Oedipus believe in life after death?
5. Who does Teiresias say he was "wise enough" to?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)