|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creon say Oedipus can do, if he finds proof Creon's lying?
(a) arrest Creon and sentence him to death
(b) cut Creon's throat then and there
(c) banish Creon from the kingdom forever
(d) kill Creon before his sister's eyes
2. How has Teiresias' pronouncement made the chorus feel?
3. What does Creon say of the news he brings?
(a) It's both good and bad news.
(b) It's hard to interpret if it's good or bad.
(c) It's good news.
(d) It's bad news.
4. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
(a) flees the city of Thebes
(b) challenges Oedipus to a fight
(c) makes a counterclaim of treason against Oedipus
(d) talks to the people of Thebes
5. Does Oedipus say he's ever met Laius?
(a) Yes, he says he met Laius once.
(b) Yes, he says he's med Laius many times.
(c) He says no, but he realizes he's met Laius many times.
(d) No, Oedipus believes he's never met Laius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Oedipus' initial reaction when Creon asks to explain himself?
2. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
3. How is the tale of Oedipus and the Sphinx treated in the town?
4. What made Oedipus angry, when he encountered the stranger's carriage on the road?
5. How does Teiresias respond when Oedipus says the prophet speaks in riddles?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)