|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the priest say that Oedipus will be king of, if he doesn't solve the town's problems?
(a) a forest
(b) a mountain
(c) a desert
(d) an ocean
2. Who does the priest say has gathered?
(a) townspeople from the very young to the very old
(b) all the young and hearty townspeople
(c) all the sick and elderly townspeople
(d) everyone but those ill from disease
3. What does Oedipus say the chorus' position will result in?
(a) Oedipus' exile or death
(b) war with Corinth
(c) Creon becoming a tyrannt
(d) destruction of Thebes
4. What does Oedipus ask Creon to do about Jocasta?
(a) to bury her as Creon sees fit
(b) to forget she ever existed
(c) to close up their bedroom as Jocasta's tomb
(d) to pray to the gods for her
5. What gives Oedipus hope that he did not kill Laius?
(a) The description of the carriage does not match the one Oedipus remembers.
(b) The survivor reported being attacked by a band of thieves, not one man.
(c) The survivor may see Oedipus's face and be able to identify that he's not the killer.
(d) The murder seems to have taken place at a different time than Oedipus remembers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon say his current position brings?
2. How has Teiresias' pronouncement made the chorus feel?
3. Does Oedipus want to see the person the messenger says gave him the infant Oedipus?
4. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
5. Why does Jocasta come to pray to Apollo?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)