|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus pray for his daughters?
(a) that they live their destined lives more happily than he has
(b) that they forget they ever had a father and think themselves born from the sea
(c) that they hold on to each other against the cruelty of the world
(d) that they die young so that they see less sorrow
2. What possible explanation does the chorus leader give for Oedipus' charge against Creon?
(a) Oedipus was angry.
(b) Creon was guilty.
(c) Oedipus was mislead by Teiresias.
(d) Creon is being framed.
3. What does Oedipus ask, when Jocasta tells Oedipus the messenger's news?
(a) He asks a servant to bring Teiresias to him.
(b) He asks Jocasta to leave him and go to the palace.
(c) He asks the messenger to tell him the news himself.
(d) He asks a servant to bring Creon to him.
4. What does Creon say stopped the city from looking into the king's death?
(a) a storm that destroyed the town
(b) trouble with the Sphinx
(c) a war with Corinth
(d) a plague on the crops
5. What does the chorus leader say he wishes?
(a) that Apollo had struck Oedipus down at birth
(b) that Oedipus had died to the Sphinx
(c) that he had never known Oedipus
(d) that Oedipus has never seen an oracle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon say his current position brings?
2. What does Oedipus tell the messenger he regrets about leaving Corinth?
3. Who does the messenger say gave Oedipus to Polybus?
4. Who accused Oedipus of not being his father's real son?
5. What does the chorus leader tell Oedipus about the murderer?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)