|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the chorus leader recognize the approaching shepherd?
(a) Not at first, but then the old man begins to look familiar.
(b) No, he has never seen the old man.
(c) Yes, but he can't remember who the old man was.
(d) Yes, he identifies the old man of a servant of Laius.
2. What does Creon tell Oedipus about his power at the end of the play?
(a) Creon says Oedipus let power corrupt him.
(b) Creon says Oedipus acted as the servant of his power.
(c) Creon says Oedipus no longer has the power he once had.
(d) Creon says Oedipus will always have power.
3. What does Teiresias say about the murderer's eyesight?
(a) that he can see but not himself
(b) that he can see but will be blind
(c) that he can see but not the future
(d) that he can see but not the past
4. What part of her and Laius' infant child does Jocasta say Laius bound?
(a) his elbows
(b) his ankles
(c) his knees
(d) his wrists
5. Before Teiresias leaves, what does he say about the murderer's nationality?
(a) that he will turn out to be a native Theban
(b) that he is an Athenian
(c) that he is a Corinthian
(d) that he comes from no nation
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
2. What does Jocasta say before she leaves?
3. At the beginning of the play, where have the townspeople gathered?
4. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
5. What does Teiresias believe about future events?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)