|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oedipus say Polybus and Corinth raised him?
(a) as a monster with a true heart
(b) distorted inside and out
(c) fine to look at, but corrupt inside
(d) meaning the best, but unlucky by fate
2. What nationality does Oedipus say the mother who raised him was?
3. What does the second messenger and the chorus' attitude toward Oedipus seem to be?
(a) anger and blame
(b) disgust and anger
(c) horror and pity
(d) blame and mockery
4. What does Teiresias say about his own wisdom, after Oedipus questions him about Laius' murderer?
(a) It is fleeting and unreliable.
(b) It is misunderstood, even by himself.
(c) It is a blessing and a curse.
(d) It brings no benefits.
5. What is Oedipus' attitude toward Teiresias when he first speaks to the prophet?
(a) deferential and complimentary
(b) derisive and snide
(c) defensive and annoyed
(d) angry and ironic
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus say he has to fear from Laius' murderer?
2. When Jocasta fled into the palace after realizing the truth, what room did she run to?
3. What does Oedipus ask of Creon?
4. Who does Jocasta send for after hearing the messenger's news?
5. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)