|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the priest ask to come as the people's savior?
2. What does Oedipus ask of Creon?
(a) He asks Creon to forgive him for Jocasta's death.
(b) He asks Creon to kill him.
(c) He asks Creon to banish him.
(d) He asks Creon to spare his life.
3. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
(a) He says the people have been ignored in favor of Creon.
(b) He says Oedipus is not the one to help.
(c) He says the people will never get salvation.
(d) He says the people have what they've come for.
4. What does Oedipus say the chorus' position will result in?
(a) destruction of Thebes
(b) Creon becoming a tyrannt
(c) war with Corinth
(d) Oedipus' exile or death
5. What is Oedipus' initial attitude toward the crowd that has gathered?
(a) critical and derisive
(b) caring and helpful
(c) overjoyed and cheerful
(d) angry and annoyed
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the messenger say gave him the infant Oedipus?
2. When Jocasta begs him to stop his investigation and runs off, how does Oedipus say he feels about potentially discovering something bad about his natural parents?
3. What does Oedipus ask of the mountain, Cithaeron?
4. Who does the shepherd say gave him the infant child?
5. Who does Jocasta send for after hearing the messenger's news?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)