|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus say the chorus' position will result in?
(a) destruction of Thebes
(b) Creon becoming a tyrannt
(c) war with Corinth
(d) Oedipus' exile or death
2. What sentence does Oedipus want to give to Creon for his crime?
3. Why does the priest tell the people that they can leave at the end of the scene?
(a) He says the people have been ignored in favor of Creon.
(b) He says the people will never get salvation.
(c) He says the people have what they've come for.
(d) He says Oedipus is not the one to help.
4. What does Oedipus wish for himself, if he unknowingly hosted the murderer at his home?
(a) all the bad things he wished upon the murderer
(b) eternal damnation
(c) a life of solitude and sobriety
(d) to be ripped from his land and family
5. What does Creon say stopped the city from looking into the king's death?
(a) a plague on the crops
(b) a war with Corinth
(c) trouble with the Sphinx
(d) a storm that destroyed the town
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Oedipus know that his daughters have come out of the palace?
2. When Jocasta begs him to stop his investigation and runs off, how does Oedipus say he feels about potentially discovering something bad about his natural parents?
3. At the end of the scene, what does Oedipus ask the people to stand up and take?
4. What does Teiresias believe about future events?
5. What does Creon say about the god's call to avenge Laius' death now?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)