|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jocasta say before she leaves?
(a) that she'll join Laius
(b) that she'll never see Thebes again
(c) that she'll run away from Oedipus
(d) that she'll never speak again
2. According to Creon, who does a witness say killed Laius?
(a) a band of soldiers
(b) a gang of robbers
(c) a man with the power of a god
(d) a lone traveller
3. Who asks the old shepherd whether he gave an infant baby to the messenger years ago?
(a) the messenger
(b) the chorus leader
4. Who did Jocasta cry out to when she rushed into the palace before she died?
5. What does Creon accuse Oedipus of?
(a) being power hungry and greedy
(b) being stubborn and forgetting common sense
(c) framing him to cover Oedipus's own crimes
(d) being stupid and not the one to answer the Sphinx's riddle
Short Answer Questions
1. In the encounter between Oedipus and the stranger in the carriage, what was the initial violent act?
2. What does Oedipus ask, when Jocasta tells Oedipus the messenger's news?
3. When Creon turns the tables and begins questioning Oedipus, what is the first question he asks?
4. What is Oedipus' initial attitude toward the crowd that has gathered?
5. How does Oedipus know that his daughters have come out of the palace?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)