|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Creon's face look as he approaches?
2. How has Teiresias' pronouncement made the chorus feel?
3. What does Jocasta ask Oedipus to do regarding her brother?
(a) make her responsible for Creon
(b) trust that Creon is telling the truth
(c) send Creon away instead of killing him
(d) hold Creon in prison until he can discover the truth
4. How long would the shepherds stay in the fields each year?
(a) six months
(b) three months
(c) one month
(d) nine months
5. What does Creon say stopped the city from looking into the king's death?
(a) a plague on the crops
(b) trouble with the Sphinx
(c) a storm that destroyed the town
(d) a war with Corinth
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Oedipus say he's been doing in his sorrow?
2. What does Oedipus pray for his daughters?
3. Where does Creon say the murderer of Lauis is?
4. What does Oedipus ask about Polybus' death?
5. Why does Oedipus say he's not punishing Teiresias?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)