|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus ask of the three roads that meet where he killed his father?
(a) if they will bury themselves in the mountain, never to emerge
(b) if they remember him and what he's done
(c) if they will burst into flames at the sin that occurred there
(d) if they will rise up and come to Thebes
2. Does Oedipus want to see the person the messenger says gave him the infant Oedipus?
(a) No, Oedipus is afraid of what the person might say.
(b) No, Oedipus doesn't think the person is important.
(c) Yes, Oedipus wants to send the person out of town.
(d) Yes, Oedipus wants to question the person to find the truth.
3. How does Oedipus react to Teiresias' unwillingness to speak?
(a) with sorrow
(c) with fear
4. What does Creon say Oedipus should do to get proof of Creon's innocence?
(a) speak with Teiresias again
(b) question his sister Jocasta
(c) look inside his own heart
(d) talk to the oracle at Delphi
5. What does Jocasta say before she leaves?
(a) that she'll run away from Oedipus
(b) that she'll never speak again
(c) that she'll join Laius
(d) that she'll never see Thebes again
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creon do initially when he hears Oedipus charged him with causing Teiresias to lie?
2. What does Oedipus ask about Polybus' death?
3. Who does Teiresias say he was "wise enough" to?
4. Who leads Teiresias into Oedipus' presence?
5. What does the chorus leader say he does not know about Oedipus'scharges against Creon?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)