|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the messenger tell Oedipus he is not Polybus' son?
(a) The messenger wants to stop Oedipus from offending Apollo.
(b) The messenger wants to frighten Oedipus.
(c) The messenger wants to prove prophecies are meaningless.
(d) The messenger wants to relieve Oedipus's fear.
2. Who does Oedipus accuse Teiresias of being in league with?
(a) the oracle
3. What does Creon say Oedipus can do, if he finds proof Creon's lying?
(a) arrest Creon and sentence him to death
(b) banish Creon from the kingdom forever
(c) cut Creon's throat then and there
(d) kill Creon before his sister's eyes
4. Who does Creon want to consult before he does what Oedipus desires?
(a) his own soul
(b) the gods
(d) the people of Thebes
5. What does Jocasta chide Oedipus and Creon for?
(a) fighting when the town's in trouble
(b) not listening to the oracle
(c) not listening to each other
(d) making the gods upset
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Teiresias say he was "wise enough" to?
2. Who does Teiresias accuse as the murderer?
3. What does the priest call pestilence?
4. Who asks the old shepherd whether he gave an infant baby to the messenger years ago?
5. What deal does Oedipus offer the murderer if he gives himself in?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)