|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the chorus think can help end the conflict between Creon and Oedipus?
(a) the oracle
2. What does Creon say can validate a man who is true?
(b) the gods
3. What does Oedipus call the people of Thebes?
(a) his creations
(b) the gods' creations
(c) the gods' children
(d) his children
4. What does Jocasta say about human prophecy?
(a) Oedipus is a fool not to listen to human prophets.
(b) Human prophets are the voices of gods.
(c) Some human prophets are true and some are false.
(d) No human is skilled in prophecy.
5. How many daughters does Oedipus have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the messenger say gave Oedipus to Polybus?
2. What is Oedipus' attitude when he emerges from the castle?
3. What does Oedipus first say to Creon as he approaches?
4. What does Oedipus decree that no citizen of Thebes shall do?
5. Who does the messenger say gave him the infant Oedipus?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)